Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047152 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by princekins(m): 2:17pm On May 18, 2019
Please I have a question as regards drafting my reference letter during service.(2016-2017)

I worked for 10months (Jan-October)and I was paid in cash where I worked. Should I put my payment monthly or just get the total sum and state it in the letter?
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sistaj: 2:18pm On May 18, 2019
joo2018:
@sistaj,

Thanks for 'remembering' us and coming back to update.

How's life in Ottawa?

smiley Ottawa is great but I am away will return fully to Ottawa next year. Congrats on your copr and thanks for the selfless work you do here

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:22pm On May 18, 2019
WES ECA reports expires after 5 years but I do not think WES profile account ever expires, because they have an option to renew or apply for a new application using the same account. So if I have a WES account since 2013, it does not expire, since I can renew applications.

Check here: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-renew-your-eca-report/

Try to log into the old account with your details, then create a new application (IRCC ECA) with the same account and follow through this time

Someone had the same issue as you, although in 2016. Check here https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-validity-of-a-WES-reference-number-I-already-have-a-WES-profile-created-however-my-university-asked-me-to-wait-for-3-months-to-get-my-transcript

I don't think you should worry. If you forget your password since it's a long time ago, you can request another.

Akudazie:
I need help please. I opened my WES account in July 2014. Sent my transcript and didn’t follow through. I want to start this express Entry process, I’m to write my IElts exam July. Do I need to renew my WES account. Does it expire

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:23pm On May 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:29pm On May 18, 2019
Read more here https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/246#77138681

Check page 1 under Frequently Asked Questions https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386492

ChopNCleanMouth:
Is it too late to say congrats again?

Been off here a minute.

Kindly advise.

I am 29, will be 30 next year.
I have a B.Sc.
I have almost 5 years of experience
IELTS score: 9,8,7.5 7
Single.

My present score is 438. considering it's low.

What programme can I start and conclude before the year runs out to improve the odds?

I am open to a wide range of suggestion.

Cheers and merci beaucoup.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:32pm On May 18, 2019
Check here https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/25#70087190

Read page 1 under Tips for Reference Letters (FAQ section) https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386492

princekins:
Please I have a question as regards drafting my reference letter during service.(2016-2017)

I worked for 10months (Jan-October)and I was paid in cash where I worked. Should I put my payment monthly or just get the total sum and state it in the letter?
Thanks a bunch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Akudazie: 2:42pm On May 18, 2019
ladymarshall:
WES ECA reports expires after 5 years but I do not think WES profile account ever expires, because they have an option to renew or apply for a new application using the same account. So if I have a WES account since 2013, it does not expire, since I can renew applications.

Check here: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/how-to-renew-your-eca-report/

Try to log into the old account with your details, then create a new application (IRCC ECA) with the same account and follow through this time

Someone had the same issue as you, although in 2016. Check here https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-validity-of-a-WES-reference-number-I-already-have-a-WES-profile-created-however-my-university-asked-me-to-wait-for-3-months-to-get-my-transcript

I don't think you should worry. If you forget your password since it's a long time ago, you can request another.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ChopNCleanMouth: 3:00pm On May 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:01pm On May 18, 2019
Page 1, Page 1, Page 1. This is the most important page in this thread.

Do you have a question to ask us here? Take the following steps:

STEP 1: Before you ask a question here, ask yourself, "could this question have been answered on page 1?"

STEP 2: SKIM through page 1 before asking the question. Don't read it (reading is hard), just skim through, azzin just check each heading

STEP 2B: If skimming is still too hard, just type keywords from your intending question on the search button on the upper or lower part of the page (see attached picture below). It will show you similar questions from the archives.

STEP 3: If you still do not find your answer, then ask it here.

NOTE: If your question is a VERY peculiar case and you are so sure there is no other like it, e.g special ADRs, rejections, very technical questions regarding POF, specialty cases (e.g married 2 or 5 people at once and don't know which one to pick as accompanying spouse) etc, skip the above steps and ask immediately.

But most questions are nothing new and have been answered in previous pages or parts.

Please be assured that as new information keeps coming (from CIC, VOs decisions, rejection cases, new ADRs etc), we will keep updating the thread), but until then, SKIM and SEARCH first.

Canada is a self-help competitive society, let's start practicing our quick search skills here and now.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elcid1(m): 3:25pm On May 18, 2019
Hello house am going in for my IELTs speaking test on tuesday next week. PLs pray for me.

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 3:26pm On May 18, 2019
My dear, if only they will listen.

ladymarshall:
Page 1, Page 1, Page 1. This is the most important page in this thread.

Do you have a question to ask us here? Take the following steps:

STEP 1: Before you ask a question here, ask yourself, "could this question have been answered on page 1?"

STEP 2: SKIM through page 1 before asking the question. Don't read it (reading is hard), just skim through, azzin just check each heading

STEP 2B: If skimming is still too hard, just type keywords from your intending question on the search button on the upper or lower part of the page (see attached picture below). It will show you similar questions from the archives.

STEP 3: If you still do not find your answer, then ask it here.

NOTE: If your question is a VERY peculiar case and you are so sure there is no other like it, e.g special ADRs, rejections, very technical questions regarding POF, specialty cases (e.g married 2 or 5 people at once and don't know which one to pick as accompanying spouse) etc, skip the above steps and ask immediately.

But most questions are nothing new and have been answered in previous pages or parts.

Please be assured that as new information keeps coming (from CIC, VOs decisions, rejection cases, new ADRs etc), we will keep updating the thread), but until then, SKIM and SEARCH first.

Canada is a self-help competitive society, let's start practicing our quick search skills here and now.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by andrewade: 3:36pm On May 18, 2019
Please how do I do my biometrics, do I have to go early?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 4:25pm On May 18, 2019
Stop spamming the thread. One original post is enough.

marykyrian:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ayotami: 4:35pm On May 18, 2019
Good day,
Please I need help as regards a case of rejection I saw somewhere else concerning Tbills a certain person submitted as POF which states and I quote:

'the treasury bills will be held by Nigerian International Bank Nominees Limited as Custodian on your behalf; upon maturity, proceeds will be credited into your account with us.

Please note that the bank is not obliged to purchase this security if you wish to sell it before maturity. There also exists a possible erosion of principal invested should market forces cause unfavourable fluctuations of yields and the security is sold before maturity date’

I'm concerned because I've exactly same clause on my certificate too and wouldn't want to experience same issue as I'm post-AOR.

What advice would you give in such instance in order to forestall an ADR or rejection: should I pro actively liquidate the Tbills and leave it in my account or FD

The attachment below is for someone else, it was shared on a group my friend belongs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kabuki2018(m): 4:42pm On May 18, 2019
Noted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kunbit(f): 4:46pm On May 18, 2019
Hello all. Please assit with answers. I'm the PA, is there any need for my husband to do ECA? He has already done Ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by joo2018: 5:03pm On May 18, 2019
You might need to liquidate it and send an updated POF.

Someone in my group noted that he knows about 3 people with GTB Tbills who got ADRs. Not everyone with GTB will get it, but it appears to be a concern for some VOs.

That clause get as e bi.

ayotami:
Good day,
Please I need help as regards a case of rejection I saw somewhere else concerning Tbills a certain person submitted as POF which states and I quote:

'the treasury bills will be held by Nigerian International Bank Nominees Limited as Custodian on your behalf; upon maturity, proceeds will be credited into your account with us.

Please note that the bank is not obliged to purchase this security if you wish to sell it before maturity. There also exists a possible erosion of principal invested should market forces cause unfavourable fluctuations of yields and the security is sold before maturity date’

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:31pm On May 18, 2019
ayotami:
Good day,

I'm concerned because I've exactly same clause on my certificate too and wouldn't want to experience same issue as I'm post-AOR.

What advice would you give in such instance in order to forestall an ADR or rejection: should I pro actively liquidate the Tbills and leave it in my account or FD.

Please see the attached.

When is your maturity date?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bellexa22: 5:43pm On May 18, 2019
Your maturity date is June 13 which is quite close
I don't think it will be a problem for you.
ayotami:
Good day,

What advice would you give in such instance in order to forestall an ADR or rejection: should I pro actively liquidate the Tbills and leave it in my account or FD.

Please see the attached.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jenolyfavour: 5:52pm On May 18, 2019
Congrats bros. It will reach my turn in Jesus name Amen!

Topsmamen:
[s]To my dearest and wonderful e-fam, with great joy in my heart, I pick my golden pen from the basket of happiness to write you this announcement. Hope this meets you in good health? If so doxology.[/s] grin

It’s Prêt pour Visa guys! Mail came in at 11:22 PM last night. I was about to go to bed when I saw the mail. The speed at which I went from being sleepy to fully wide awake was 0 to 100 real quick.

A special thanks to EVERYONE for the best wishes and prayers kiss. You guys said it. We just started Part 8 and from your mouths to God’s ears, it has happened beautifully.

Express Entry has got us with different stories to tell and it’s been one hell of a ride………a roller coaster ride indeed.

TIMELINE
ITA wait: October 2017-December 2018 (14 months)
ITA: December 19, 2018
AOR: January 15, 2019
Medicals Passed/BIL: February 23, 2019
Biometrics Done: March 7, 2019
Ordered GCMS Notes: April 24, 2019 (Notes are yet to be received)
ADR received: May 11, 2019 (1. Birth Certificates to prove sibling relationship. 2. Proof of sibling residence in Canada)
ADR submitted: May 13, 2019
PPR: May 15, 2019
Visa Office: Ottawa
Single Applicant

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by tresbel: 6:23pm On May 18, 2019
Super Super Congrats!!! The land will surely favour you!
Topsmamen:

It’s Prêt pour Visa guys! Mail came in at 11:22 PM last night. I was about to go to bed when I saw the mail. The speed at which I went from being sleepy to fully wide awake was 0 to 100 real quick.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by toyinana: 6:37pm On May 18, 2019
Akudazie:
I need help please. I opened my WES account in July 2014. Sent my transcript and didn’t follow through. I want to start this express Entry process, I’m to write my IElts exam July. Do I need to renew my WES account. Does it elxpire

If you still remember your user name & password try to login and update, am not sure it does. Mine was from 2017 n I logged in n paid this year infact few weeks ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 6:53pm On May 18, 2019
princekins:

Thanks a bunch.

Use the N19,800 the government paid you monthly. Print your account statement showing the monthly inflows. That should do.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tega4B: 7:09pm On May 18, 2019
Hi all,

Please while creating an express entry profile, I forgot to add that I have a sibling in Canada; to claim sibling points. Please how do I update it.

Can't seem to find the right way to 'update profile'

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.