Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047014 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dives(m): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2019
Hello guys, congratulations to all those who recently got ITA. smiley please does anyone have the contact details of Accra Visa office. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2019
Chamberlain76:
Hi guys, I'm here again. 
Under Personal history/activities, for the periods, when I was unemployed, they are asking for activity and name of company or facility. And these are compulsory fields. How do I answer these?

Select Unemployed and type 'N/A' or 'unemployed'.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chasisjyd: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2019
First and Middle name.
ultrazone:
@all, thanks for the valuable information shared on this thread.

Please I need clarification so I don't make mistakes when I start this Canada program.

If my surname is Ade, My Yoruba name is Olu and Christian name is John

On all my certificates, it appears as Ade Olu John

1. Which is the first name and the middle name here? I already know the surname is the last name.

2. What's the correct order officially (first, middle and last name)?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 11:27am On Jul 11, 2019
Congrats, may the rest be smooth

chicyclass:
This is me *making an entrance with my ITA clinched* grin grin

Brethren!!
ITA don showww!

Oluwa no ni oooo!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
COPR:

When you resign from your work, inform IRCC. The waiting time is too long to leave any stone unturned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bukkie04(f): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2019
Thanks so much for this piece.
I heart you wink
Even though we're not relenting, you have rekindled the spirit to purse it to the last.

God bless and be with you.
We shall meet in Canada very soon.

majjj:
This is so encouraging and it made me smile so much.
Thank you,we will not despair but wait on expectantly.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bukkie04(f): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2019
Thanks so much for this piece.
I heart you wink
Even though we're not relenting, you have rekindled the spirit to purse it to the last.

God bless and be with you.
We shall meet in Canada very soon.

wasseynewest:
Salute to every member in here that has been making the thread stand out as always.
Una boy "wasseynewest" apologise for his absence all along guys.

Like we all know, Canada na "Pay as you go grin" so man has really been trying to integrate. But rest assured, in my own little way with my indefatigable co-tutors, we continuing with our IELTS gospel and thank God that for every IELTS results released, we do have sizeable numbers of our TAKERS crossing the greatest hurdle & making the cut.

If anyone is still in doubt whether this journey is worth fighting for, I bet you it's gonna be a decision you will never ever regret if you hang on till the end. In fact, your offspring will be 4ever indebted to you.

In the few months(just 3) wey man don enter here, my brain has been formatted so tey whenever I do video call with my people back home and see some things like Pure Water & Bad Roads, I'm always like, oh! So I've passed through this before grin.
As funny as it sounds my people, that's the pure truth guys.
It was a matter of Writing IELTS 123456789&10 btw myself and wifey but finally, here we are starting afresh and enjoying our new lives in Canada.

Our boys are first to integrate, we know how kids can be na smiley while Wifey, a Chemistry grad. who was unable to get a #1 job in Naija is now gainfully employed. Me too smiley? Doing just fine with an establishment that pays way better (and less stressful) than what I used to earn back home.

So guys, no matter the challenge you facing right now, I tell you giving up on this dream should be your last option.

No Pain, No Gain...........#Bemotivatedguys

ILOVEUSALL grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mummychichi: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Please i need help....

I worked for a hotel as an Account officer for 11 months, i left the hotel and worked for a bank for 7 months, then came back to the hotel and worked for over 2 years..

I want to claim 3 years work experience from only the hotel. How would i write my employment and resignation date? Should i write for both periods i worked there. Eg, june 2016 to may 2017 and november 2017 to june 2019.

Or should i just write single period june 2016 to june 2019 and raise a LOE that i left to work in a bank within that period.

Hi, please note that 2 years and 11 months is not 3 years.

Also, write out the jobs separately. Since you're not claiming the bank job experience, move it to personal history. You don't need rederence letter for it.

For the hotel job, the reference letter should indicate the exact period you worked.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnewton: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

dives:
Hello guys, congratulations to all those who recently got ITA. smiley please does anyone have the contact details of Accra Visa office. Thanks

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mummychichi: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Thank you so much. I was also thinking of that..

Writing it seperately means there would be 2 sections for same job when uploading the work experience documents. Am i meant to upload same for both sides as i have same job title

I don't think I understand your question. I think there will be one place holder for work experience. Scan all reference letters together and upload in the space provided.

I hope thia answers your question but if not, let's wait for others input.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by eghosaadeghe: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
Call WES to confirm if they've received the email.
vllar:
Hey people, My institution has verified my documents by responding to the mail WES sent. Please how many days would that take WES to acknowledge? It’s been 2 days since my school responded

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mummychichi: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
pheebe:

My name is Oluwatitilayo which is the name on all my credentials except my Waec which has just Titilayo, which they will see as name discrepancy

Just get a one and same person affidavit. This should be sufficient.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by boco2126: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
I started writing this ‘’epistle’’ in the last days of February 2019 with a created profile and score of 450 (whic was almost a giving at that time) for a family of three, thinking our ITA was only few days away… little did I know that things would take a different turn in the coming days building up till this moment – 15th May 2019, (almost three months after) when we finally have our ITA (sorry, we did not even get the ITA that day too grin).
Let me start from the genesis…
Our journey to relocating to Canada started late 2017. By December 2017, Hubs gingered us to go see a friend and wife who just got PPR so they could guide us on how to proceed. At this point, and truth be told, I was not interested. I’ve heard about Canadian Express Entry since 2015 ish when my sister and her family were planning to relocate, I was super happy for them and that was it! I didn’t at the time consider it, I was single and free, and just satisfied that I’ll have a sibling in ‘’the aboard’’ and that alone was enough for me.

Anyway, I was pregnant when we went to visit this Hubs’ friend and he was saying many things that I did not quite understand at the time. All on my mind then was birthing my baby and all the expenses hitherto, our house rent which was about to be due, and I was also writing some professional exams which I was to round up by June 2018, so you can make excuses for me taking relocating at this point with a pinch of salt.

Fast forward to September 2018, we had had our baby and paid our rent and I had passed my qualifying exams, so there was really no ‘’challenge’’ to surmount (I hate to be idle in my head) and each day was passing by with no serious project in mind. So one good day, after close of work, Hubs and I were stuck in third mainland bridge traffic for some good hours and I was completely drained…I started to complain like never before. I went on and on (in annoyance like he was the cause of Nigeria’s problems) and asked him to let's give this express entry thingy a shot. Long story short, Hubs agreed (maybe he just wanted me to keep quiet sef) and said when he had some spare cash, we would start-off.

I immediately volunteered my savings in one ‘’secret’’ account like that for us to start the process and he was like ‘’Ah! So you even have this kinda money stashed up somewhere?’’. Lol.

And that’s how we started oh!
We started from the scratch…from getting our international passports. I had to do a name change on my previous passport due to marriage and because we wanted a uniform application, and a fresh passport for our son. In a bid to save some money, we applied online and even though Hubs and our son could complete their application online, mine got stuck because of the change of name which had to be approved from Abuja. We lost about 17k plus to this error and had to start mine afresh with the ’’agents’’ at immigration. We still ended up spending the money we were trying to save. Morale of this story: Use the ‘’immigration agents’’ and don’t try to outsmart them. Government made the online application for a reason but those guys in immigration will humble frustrate you if you try to do the correct thing.

With our passports ready (took about a month and several back and forth to Ikoyi), we had already paid for WES evaluation for Hubs and I. We are both lawyers and attended same schools and weren’t even aware of nairaland prior to paying for WES. So, imagine our frustration when I saw on nairaland that IQAS was a better evaluating body for our profession! We ate our humble pie and agreed to evaluate law school qualification too to have better CRS points, it took an arm and a leg to get WES to add law school after we had submitted our application for just undergrad, but they did so eventually.

Meanwhile, we had paid the prescribed fees for our University transcript, and that was underway, only for us to get a report from our contact at the University that our files had been sent back and we had been directed to pay an additional 20k each as the fees for processing transcripts were recently reviewed upwards. This was so sad to hear, but we had no other choice than to process extra 40k and our files were returned for further processing. When it was time for verification, our University informed us that we were to pay 25k each for that also. We experienced several hitches at law school too. Like, the lady to prepare the transcript was on leave one time, and when she finally returned and processed it, the DG was not available for weeks to sign the transcript. Even for verification too, the lady to send the mail fell ill and no one else could verify. When she came back, my verification mail from WES was nowhere to be found in the University’s mailbox! After a lot of back and forth with WES, another verification mail was sent to law school…this was after five weeks. Law school got it and in days, every document was accepted and a date for my ECA report was given.

Oh, and Hubs? WES asked for his diploma results and co. This was another herculean task as the diploma program has been scrapped and locating his file was difficult. When we finally located his file and paid the necessary fees (30k for processing and 25k for verification) it was time for verification and the registrar informed us that a date was missing from his diploma certificate and they could not verify (same document they sent themselves to WES). It just felt like HT - Home Trouble, to us. We were worried sick …It took several calls, plea and of course prayers for them to finally see the date they were looking for and send his verification.

MEDICALS: We had booked since November 2018 and gotten a date in early February 2019 (we calculated it will just fall in exactly when we will get our ECA and ITA). We were set for medicals about a week to the time when I received a call from Q-Life about the increment in the cost of medicals, we were to now pay an extra 19k for a family of three cry. We had the sum in an account and just took an ATM along to use their POS for payment. We were the third family on the queue and at the point of payment, our card declined, but we were debited 95k immediately. See gobe! We were advised to go pay cash at the bank, but we thought to first check with their accounts department and then our bank. Their account department told us expressly that the payment had not hit their account and we should check with our bank. We did this, and our bank confirmed that indeed the money left our account to theirs. Our bank printed a schedule showing the funds transfer to Q-Life that morning and stamped the schedule for authenticity. With a sigh of relief, we took this back to Q-Life but they were still skeptical and advised us to check back the next day to see if the funds will reflect at their end before we could continue with our medicals. I was so embarrassed. We didn’t want to make double payments too especially since our bank had given us a document to show the transfer went and we had to report to our offices the next day since we already took that day off, so going back to Q-Life the next day was a no-no. After much back and forth, we were allowed to go on with our medicals, but we were told that our results would not be transmitted to IRCC till they got their money. I kept calling their account unit to confirm the transaction and after two days, she called and confirmed receipt our payment. Next day, I went in to pick up our receipt from Qlife and confirmed that our results had been transmitted to IRCC.

PCC: Since we were thinking we were going to get ITA at the next draw in February, and kept on waiting for the longest time for the draws to drop down, we got tired and sometime in April, we called ASP Moshood and went to Alagbon. Got there and some random police guy told us to come back the next day because one of their top police personality was around, we insisted we wanted to see ASP and we were allowed in. That’s how PCC that you guys said takes thirty minutes tops took us about 3 hours oh! ASP asked all of us to wait in one restaurant with poor ventilation till their oga left before we could be attended to. I refused to believe what my mind was telling me that my village people dinor want us to relocate. After an hour and half, my hubs had to call ASP and tell him I needed to return to the office immediately because I only told my people I was going out for lunch oh. ASP then took me to a building and took my fingerprints, gave me a document to sign and told me my hubs could take care of the rest. Hubs spent the entire evening there.

We’ve been in the pool at 450 since February and the scores keep ‘turnioniown’. Every two weeks we don’t get ITA has been a nightmare and I have never looked forward to the next two weeks like this period, all my life! They seem so far apart…lol. After the draw of 450 that had Nov. 2018 as the tie-breaker, we decided to do the needful, register Hubs for BC IELTS CBT. Result came out, and we are at 460. Updated our profile immediately. Still no ITA.
We had a heart-to-heart discussion to stop worrying every two weeks and it paid off in the long run. Here we are, ITA in the bag after yesterday’s draw!

We wish everyone the best on this journey. Sorry for the lengthy post (this is a summary I tell ya), the blogger in me just wants to keep writing but I’ll continue after PPR soonest by God’s grace.
boco2126:
My testimony on PPR will be on this thread in Jesus name. But first, ITA tomorrow..Amen grin

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
eghosaadeghe:
Call WES to confirm if they've received the email.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by evolg(m): 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
A quick question please,

How can one evaluate additional degree when WES has already completed ECA.

Will one have to pay for another evaluation or one can do an addendum or something?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nwanyioma4ever: 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Olu John Ade. Your first name is the name you were given when you were born. However, since you have all your documents with the middle name first, you should continue with that.
chasisjyd:
First and Middle name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
Log into your account. You can upgrade the ECA with another degree / certificate. About $100 CAD.

evolg:
A quick question please,

How can one evaluate additional degree when WES has already completed ECA.

Will one have to pay for another evaluation or one can do an addendum or something?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by areee(m): 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hello guys, can someone link me with thread on pof, I'll like to know if I can use a company account (jointly owned by me and a close friend)? We have cac document showing the ownership and joint signatory to the account.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by evolg(m): 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
amaya21:
Log into your account. You can upgrade the ECA with another degree / certificate. About $100 CAD.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chamberlain76: 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
Topsmamen:

Select Unemployed and type 'pN/A' or 'unemployed'.

Thanks @Topsmamen. You are the best! Always coming through

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DonFreshmoney(m): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
Mummychichi:

Hi, please note that 2 years and 11 months is not 3 years.

Also, write out the jobs separately. Since you're not claiming the bank job experience, move it to personal history. You don't need rederence letter for it.

For the hotel job, the reference letter should indicate the exact period you worked.

Good luck.

I have an nysc experience am claiming points for.

When i submitted my profile of the hotel role during pre ITA. that is from. June 2016 to november 2017 and from december 2017 to june 2019. It appeared as 2 due to the fact that i left and returned. The question is should upload the same hotel documents in both sides (before and after the bank job)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Higherground1: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2019
Would they at any point ask me to come back to Nigeria to complete the process?

Stencil:
Yes.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nomad26: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Yeah that's what I did, I uploaded the same reference letter twice.
DonFreshmoney:

Thank you so much. I was also thinking of that..

Writing it seperately means there would be 2 sections for same job when uploading the work experience documents. Am i meant to upload same for both sides as i have same job title

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nomad26: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2019
cc:DonFreshmoney

Not totally correct, there is a placeholder for each work experience that you input. Mine had 3 - different roles with the same company and I uploaded the same reference letter in each placeholder.

Mummychichi:

I don't think I understand your question. I think there will be one place holder for work experience. Scan all reference letters together and upload in the space provided.

I hope thia answers your question but if not, let's wait for others input.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bukkie04(f): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
Visit NECO office at 20, Coker street, Ilupeju.
I got a very self explanatory information which I followed.
And from my experience, I will only advice you to go with 5000 for Remita payment to NECO account (if you can do this personally before going, it's fine), 1500 for Scratch card, 20500 for courier, three (3) copies of your NECO result and every other thing would be sorted smoothly at the venue. You will still need less than 1000 for other photocopies.
Cheers!!!

barnaby04:
Congratulations to all who got their ITA's today. May God smoothen the rest of the journey ahead for you guys.

Meanwhile, please I need Information on how to go about evaluation with NECO result. My question is would one have to travel down to Niger state to get it done and how much would the whole process cost?
Thanks guys.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adanac13: 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ITA CLINCHERS I'M SUPER HAPPY FOR Y'ALL MY CHEEKS HURTS FROM SMILING AT ALL THE ANNOUNCEMENTS MAY WE ALL RETURN TO COMPLETE OUR STORIES. AND FOR THOSE STILL EXPECTING LETS KEEP THE FIRE BURNING IT WILL ALL END IN PRAISE.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by angelnenye(f): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Finally PPR has landed and Im short of words. I would like to say a very big thank you to this very platform that was a guide in my process and to the selfless people in this family. Many thanks.
My timeline is below:Single applicant
ITA-Dec 1, 2018
AOR-Jan 26, 2019
Mep/Bil-March 14 2019
The long silence!
Ordered GCMS- June 1 (yet to receive it grin)
Mailed Ralph- June 11, 2019- Only criminality passed, security and eligibility not started. VO- Ottawa (Odwa grin)
Ghost update July 10, 2019(saw it when i logged in around 5am but no mail)
PPR- July 10, 2019 (10.37pm)

Im rushing cos im at work oo....
I used 100% gift deed from parents as POF, attached the affidavit, bank ref letter(not in CIC format), 6 months acc statement only. Work experience was NYSC, attached my statement of acc showing payment from my ppa (state ministry) and ref letter from the ministry which was stamped and signed by my supervisor only.
Im grateful and I believe that our hustle must pay off.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
angelnenye:
Finally PPR has landed and Im short of words. I would like to say a very big thank you to this very platform that was a guide in my process and to the selfless people in this family. Many thanks.
ITA-Dec 1, 2018
AOR-Jan 26, 2019
Mep/Bil-March 14 2019
The long silence!
Ordered GCMS- June 1 (yet to receive it grin)
Mailed Ralph- June 11, 2019- Only criminality passed, security and eligibility not started. VO- Ottawa (Odwa grin)
Ghost update July 10, 2019(saw it when i logged in around 5am but no mail)
PPR- July 10, 2019 (10.37pm)

Im rushing cos im at work oo....
I used 100% gift deed from parents as POF, attached the affidavit, bank ref letter(not in CIC format), 6 months acc statement only. Work experience was NYSC, attached my statement of acc showing payment from my ppa (state ministry) and ref letter from the ministry which was stamped and signed by my supervisor only.
Woooowwwww... Congrats fellow Canadian. Pls come and give us full gist o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iela19(f): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
angelnenye:

Congratulation!!!!!!!!! May Canada favour you!!!! Glory to God!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dkberen: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
angelnenye:

I'm so so happy for you mehn. See me smiling like its my story grin. Please, find some time to come give full gist o my corp-member-reference-letter user. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CheesyTee(f): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
I know I’ve asked this before. For someone handling two roles in an establishment, can this be claimed. For instance, school counselor and also biology teacher at the same time.

If yes, will both carry 40hr/week or be divided. Like the number of hours they use in teaching per week.

Help seniors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.