Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047145 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hello All,
I ve been trying to register online for BCS Exam via their website. I have tried the link below severally but it doesn't appear to be working.I have also written them an email but it seems they take up to 10 working days to respond.

Is there anyone who has successfully registered for the BCS Exam online. I am planning to write the September exam and the deadline for registration is 31st July, 2019.

https://www.bcs.org/get-qualified/international-higher-education-qualifications-heq/register-for-an-exam/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Meddyakki: 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2019
Good day house... Please I need a well detailed advice from the gurus here. I currently study in Germany. Just started however in this Summer April. Masters in Mathematics. However I have a Masters degree in Mathematics already from Unilag. I'm married without kids. But presently I'm finding the Masters program tough here coupled with the fact that I must work to pay bills. I was planning to bring my wife to Germany on a reunion visa and the process is hell. And it wouldn't make sense for both of us to be on a student visa here in Germany. Now, I have resided to relocate to Canada with my wife who's still in Nigeria. I need a clear process to go about this. I also want to ask that if my wife goes for the ielts and file for the family, will my MSc count since am under her. And in all what's the best way to go about this. I seriously need your contributions. Thanks in advance

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
Just remembered this legend I came across on recruitment threads way back and searched Nairaland for the legendary Jesusbabygirl that willed offer letter from Diamond Bank into existence after they had been screened out.... only to find out she's no longer in Nigeria sef!!!

Kai.. I miss u sha!

Jesusbabygirl:
Good people of EE-land, please I need your help. I have a few questions.

I plan to submit my profile today and believe I have a good chance at ITA soon (484 points). My question is I am in the US currently with my husband (we have both been here for over 2 years). My question is - is it okay to indicate that we are in the US. Does that disqualify us. A friend mentioned that they expect that you apply from your country of origin but I know @teepee4Him applied while studying in the US. Please I need help, thanks people.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Alosezele: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
amaya21:
#1 always carries temptation to dip into the money if something happens. #2 and #3 means they're not as easy to access, but are still very liquid. Plus, they will earn interest for you. Check the rates that your bank offers.

If you are the PA, your wife should write a letter that you have full access to the funds.

Thanks a lot for the insights
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by COPR: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
meelife:
Hi All,
Please is there any other way to increase score besides PNP,IELTS,TEF and Masters?
Please advise.

BCS CIT, CIMA, ATS ACCA etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jummolami: 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
Meddyakki:
Good day house... Please I need a well detailed advice from the gurus here. I currently study in Germany. Just started however in this Summer April. Masters in Mathematics. However I have a Masters degree in Mathematics already from Unilag. I'm married without kids. But presently I'm finding the Masters program tough here coupled with the fact that I must work to pay bills. I was planning to bring my wife to Germany on a reunion visa and the process is hell. And it wouldn't make sense for both of us to be on a student visa here in Germany. Now, I have resided to relocate to Canada with my wife who's still in Nigeria. I need a clear process to go about this. I also want to ask that if my wife goes for the ielts and file for the family, will my MSc count since am under her. And in all what's the best way to go about this. I seriously need your contributions. Thanks in advance

Welcome on board.
You and your wife need to make cic.gc.ca your friend first and read well about the whole process.
Page 1 is full of information that you need from start to finish.

Little hint:
Your wife can be the PA and you be under her (if she qualifies more in terms of age, work experience and qualification)
You can add point to her being PA by taking ielts and evaluate your master.

Read page 1
Get a notebook and take note
Use the search button on top for quick answer.

Goodluck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ojsamuel(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2019
Beeam:
Just remembered this legend I came across on recruitment threads way back and searched Nairaland for the legendary Jesusbabygirl that willed offer letter from Diamond Bank into existence after they had been screened out.... only to find out she's no longer in Nigeria sef!!!

Kai.. I miss u sha!

She was a popular somebody grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Meddyakki: 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2019
jummolami:
thanks so much. I'll do that

Welcome on board.
You and your wife need to make cic.gc.ca your friend first and read well about the whole process.
Page 1 is full of information that you need from start to finish.

Little hint:
Your wife can be the PA and you be under her (if she qualifies more in terms of age, work experience and qualification)
You can add point to her being PA by taking ielts and evaluate your master.

Read page 1
Get a notebook and take note
Use the search button on top for quick answer.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by obym321: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
COPR:

BCS CIT, CIMA, ATS ACCA etc.

Please, how can someone who has a masters degree and ACCA increase points ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
ladymarshall:
@Jennypharb.1 is busy typing her PPR story. Her PPR is out really really soon, I can smell it

@majamisil.e is busy arranging his docs post-ITA. He will reappear after AOR grin

I think @TemiGee and @DonTee.07 have gotten PPR, like the others, they've moved on

I think my assistant @Richness.1104 is on leave without pay grin

Umm @Scandn.avian02, let's ask @Just.wise, what did you do to him? grin
Dear lady prophetess,
i see what you are doing for others, and would want the same for me. i kindly seek your prophesy concerning my application.
Yours faithfully iaatm.guy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 7:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
Treasury Bill for me.
For the second question, she can write an LOE that you have full access to the fund.

On a second thought, why don't you guys open a joint account for Treasury bill and move the money there.

Alosezele:

VERY URGENT PLS
Guys pls what is the best way to invest my POF funds?
1. Raw cash in the account
2. Treasurey Bill
3.fix deposit
Pls I need the response ASAP

Also, should I be worried that as the primary applicant, my wife account that contains our POF still carry’s her maiden name?
PLS SOMEONE ONE SHOLUD PLS ADVICE ME�

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Congratulations!
May Canada favour you and your family.

praiseisgood:
Belated COPR Announcement!!!

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think…be glory and honour and power for evermore. It can only be God from submission to PPR was 2 months.

Timeline
IELTS: Principal Applicant (L,R,W,S - 9,8.5,7,7) – 28th July 2018
IELTS: Partner - 8.5,9,7.5, 7 - 2nd November 2017
ECA: WES - PA (2 or more certificates): 26th October 2018
ECA: WES - Partner (Masters): 27th August 2018
Score: 456
ITA: 15th November 2018
Medicals: IOM
PCC: Ikoyi -
Submission: 28th December 2018
Biometrics: 14th February 2019
PPR: 27th February 2019
COPR: 20th March 2019

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
obym321:

Please, how can someone who has a masters degree and ACCA increase points ?
phd or french
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by barnaby04(m): 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2019
Joromi12:
about 15k in total
Thanks for the information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Josh121(m): 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
Osama10:

If you have someone in Port Harcourt why not.

But you have to provide the person with your full name, email address, phone number & matriculation number.

After payment he/she will have to go to the 3rd floor of the building to get clearance from the bursary department.

Provide the person with your clearance receipt.

I attached my payment at the bank.

How will someone help me get the student copy of the transcript , I have someone willing to help in uniport but I'm worried if the will release the student copy of the transcript to her

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chukwuemeka275(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
Joromi12:
follow the links
Which

Okay I'm good now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
Beeam:

Kai.. I miss u sha!

Hahahahaha, I am no longer in Nigeria. Looking for the green pasture...never still find am o..lol. Your words are too kind boss.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
valacious:
Good evening house, please can anyone advise the name or the computer course that is equivalent to masters..pls...and where one can register..
BCS. However it is just another certificate. It has to be combined with another certificate to be useful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by EHAO: 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
[quote author=mosky47 post=78624665]Friends of the forum, while eating eba this hot afternoon, COPR Letter and the stamped passports arrived to my house by courier.

Summarized Timeline

ITA: 25th July 2018
AOR: 11th September 2018
PPR: 23rd April 2019
COPR: 16th May 2019
Arrived today.

Pls sir I sent you a pm. Pls reply me

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
Congratulations!!!

praiseisgood:

Timeline
IELTS: Principal Applicant (L,R,W,S - 9,8.5,7,7) – 28th July 2018
IELTS: Partner - 8.5,9,7.5, 7 - 2nd November 2017
ECA: WES - PA (2 or more certificates): 26th October 2018
ECA: WES - Partner (Masters): 27th August 2018
Score: 456
ITA: 15th November 2018
Medicals: IOM
PCC: Ikoyi -
Submission: 28th December 2018
Biometrics: 14th February 2019
PPR: 27th February 2019
COPR: 20th March 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
Please edit and delete part of the quoted post. It makes the thread unnecessarily long. Thanks!
EHAO:

Pls sir I sent you a pm. Pls reply me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by EHAO: 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2019
Dear all,

Please I would really appreciate a response on this. One of my kids is an American citizen, I don’t know which of his of passports to send for pr visa. Whether the Nigerian one or the American one ?

Pls I would really appreciate the input of all who have been in this shoes. God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by EHAO: 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
Stencil:
Please edit and delete part of the quoted post. It makes the thread unnecessarily long. Thanks!

I’m so sorry about the long post. I’m still getting used to communicating here. Forgive me

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Josh121(m): 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
EHAO:
Dear all,

Please I would really appreciate a response on this. One of my kids is an American citizen, I don’t know which of his of passports to send for pr visa. Whether the Nigerian one or the American one ?

Pls I would really appreciate the input of all who have been in this shoes. God bless you

I will say the Nigeria passport , the American passport as alot of advantage on it own

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2019
damzy88:
It's PPR guys.

I still can't believe I will be a Canadian citizen in 3 years time. grin grin grin grin shocked cool kiss grin

AOR - Feb 19, 2019
MEP/BIL - April 8, 2019
PPR - July 12, 2019
Single Applicant
No ADR
Didn't order for GCMS note
VO - Ottawa
Marital Status - Single

What a journey of perseverance and patience! cry embarassed

Thanks to y'll and God bless. Full gist later grin grin

Hey Fam,

Since I am still basking in the euphoria of my PPR, let me shed more light on how it came through. smiley

Decision to Migrate: I have always been a huge fan of the Nigerian dream (If there is any) so I never really considered trying to relocate to the aborad. In view of this, when I finished from the prestigious department of Economics, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in January 2013, my desire was to build a successful career in Nigeria and contribute to Nation Building. Lol. grin

However, I was privy of this Canada Express Entry stuff in 2016 when I was running my Masters of Science Degree in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management in University of Lagos (Maulag) grin when a friend of mine hinted me about the process. I wasn’t really interested then so I didn’t move an inch about it. I was hell bent on finishing my program and so that I can start a 9 to 5 job in Nigeria but I got to know about Fiverr on nairaland (Dec 2016) so I started freelancing which gave me the opportunity to work from home and earn some dollars.

In March 2018, I started nursing the ambition of leaving Nigeria after seeing that majority of the haves (awon scammer)in Nigeria have either a second passport from theirselves and their children. I took my destiny into my own hands and joined a GRE group of students planning to study in the United States. After much deliberation, I registered for the exam with BY Mafit(#45,000) and took a 6 weeks tutorial. Truth be told, the quantitative and verbal aspect of the exam looked like arabic to me (lol) so I started to wonder what prompted me to register for the exam (who send me). undecided

On April 14, 2018 I ran into a childhood friend of mine at a family friend’s wedding. His mom left for the UK about 10 years ago so he followed suit few years later. He told me that I should give immigration a shot and that he would recommend Canada because of the seamless immigration process. He took me to his sister who asked about my work experience, age and academic qualification. I obliged by giving her a low down of my profile and she encouraged me to try this Canny package. wink

On hearing about the perks of moving to Canada, I quickly jettisoned the United States plan (the fear of Trump). Moreso, with the way the Visa shit be these days, e no go make sense to focus solely on God’s own country(lol.) Also, I will have to take a student loan to go to the US, hustle for H1B Visa, and start the laborious task of getting a green card( E de take over 10 years). E no just make sense to me. I just dashed the institute the 45,000 jare. Till today I never write the exam.(lazy boy). All was set for the tupsy-turvy Canada journey. shocked

IELTS - Hehe. First test of my resilience. In May 2018, I started following this Canny thread with consistent regularity. I quickly registered for the June 30, 2018 BC exam with the believe that I will ace it once. The crowd I saw in the 2 halls on that day blew me away. People wan japa oo. When the result was released, I thought I had passed because of the general idea that a M.SC will increase your points. Naxo, I relax begin de chill oo. Mehn, when I spoke with the elders on here, they calculated my points and told me that I will need to rewrite the exam. I came short again in the second BC IELTS exam (August 18, 2018). I thought I should have passed this exam. Furthermore, I quickly followed the school of thought that it is good write the exam almost immediately. Naxo, I gebe my body go do Sep 8, MOD exam ooo. My performance dropped. cry

First IELTS BC June 30, 2018 – LRSW (6.5,6.5,7,6)
Second IELTS BC August 18, 2018 – LRSW (8,6.5,7,6.5)
Third IELTS MOD September 8, 2018 – LRSW (7.5,6.5,8,6.5)

After my consistent struggles, I started to think that maybe this Canny dream won’t come to fruition but when I see the shambles going on in this clime I gave myself sense that it is too early to give up. If this is what I can do for my future generation, so be it. I did a self-assessment to identify my weaknesses. For listening, I struggle with map, the last passage in reading (28-40) wears me out easily. Once I hear 5 or 10 minutes to go, I lose concentration. Fam, naxo I take 3 months break ooo. I can’t dash these people my hard earned money again. I practiced everyday till Novemeber before I registered for the Decemebr 1, 2018 MOD exam. Ladies and gentlemen, inside the exam hall, I had the feeling that one of my legs was already in Canada. It looked like it was over. When the results was released, it was as if I won a jackpot.

Fourth IELTS MOD December 1, 2018 – LRSW (8.5,7,7.5,7) wink grin
CRS – 450 cool
ITA - Jan 10, 2019

ECA – I contacted some people on here who studied at Unilag on how to go about it. They came through for me by telling me to apply online and follow up at the Senate. I paid about #22,000 to Unilag to send my transcript to WES. Also, my Dad’s friend works as a Senior Staff so he helped to fast track the process. A friend of mine used his Paypal to pay for my WES fee and I paid for his him in naira via my Union bank account. On September, 25, 2018, I received by ECA report after several back and forth from WES and Unilag.

Reference Letter – My only 9-5 experience after finishing my Mandatory Nysc was a 3-month stint as a Human Resources Assistant at a Company on the Island so I could not use it to claim points. As a fresh graduate with no huge responsibility (smh), I got tired of the environment and resigned abruptly. Fortunately, Glitteringstar was still very active on this platform then so she encouraged me to use my Nysc experience but I knew it will be difficult to get the letter considering the laid back attitude of employees of government establishments. After much pleading, I got it after a month in August 2018. I knew something was not right about the reference letter ever since then. I pleaded with them to change my Job title from Corper to the my NOC title but they forcefully refused. Many thanks to Ifeoma77 for coming through. She said I should use the Corper title and shed more light on it in my LOE.

ITA – After seeing my IELTS result on December 14, 2018, I was so confident of getting ITA that I did not create profile immediately. Also, I didn’t know where I would get the POF from so I just relaxed(I no fit try am again ooo). ITA na like diamond). Eventually, I created my profile on December 24, 2018 and I got the you are not eligible mail like so many other people on January 1, 2019. I was terribly saddened that all manner of thoughts struggled to gain the first position in my mind. I followed a compassionate person’s advise on here by increasing my POF to create a new profile. On Jan 10, 2019 (the first draw of the year, 449) I got my ITA with my 450 score.

Medical – I sent Qlife my ITA in January and I was scheduled for a Medical on February 12, 2019. I arrived early, submitted my passport and chilled before I was told to go and urinate inside a small plastic. Did my blood test, saw the Radiographer and the Doctor. Very courteous Medical practitioners work there. The Nurse just de smile. wink

PCC – I walked into alagbon and saw a man that took me to a woman. She wanted to charge me #8,000. Mehn, we had a heated argument about the price that it took the intervention of her boss and some of her colleagues to calm us down. I politely told her that I had #4000 on me( Omo boy don get OT for here naa). I guess she wanted to take advantage of my boyish look. I no greeeeee oooooo. Las las, na them settle am for us. I collected it, paid my #4000 and left. She said she won’t give me her card. Who card epp? sad

POF – I had some substantial amount of money in my account so that I won’t look like an unserious person to anyone that was willing to help(No be you wan go Canny nii). Some of the people that promised to assist later reneged on their promises (abeg no put all your eggs in one basket oo). In fact, some denied ever promising me. Naxoo, I weak ooo. I already thinking of rejecting ITA but alas my brother came through by helping me with a POF that was more than the required amount. I quickly contacted my account officers to help me use it for treasury bill (6 months), did a gift deed, notarized it and got the receipt showing the transfer from my brother’s account to my account.

N.B I only uploaded GTbank TB certificate (6 months), gift deed and transaction receipt.

AOR – I started the processing of uploading my documents on February 17, 2019. Mehn, it was not easy to answer all the questions oo. I scanned all my documents in separate folders and uploaded. I also asked some of my ogas on how to answer some complex questions. I eventually submitted after 48 hours, paid for RRPF, biometrics and other fees with the help of a kind lady on wasseynewes’s whatsapp group (God bless you sir). Sterling bank things, hehe.

Post AOR- I woke up on February 20, 2019 with the feeling that I didn’t upload all the required documents. Naxo I remember say I no upload my TB certificate oo. Can you imagine? I sharparly receive sense, raise cse ooo. I even followed up with a call to confirm if it was received. Then the long wait for MEP/BIL started. I asked my colleagues that we submitted at about the same time about theirs to determine how soon I will be contacted. Then news filtered in that some people got rejected as a result of the fact that they didn’t upload the right document in the right place. I started worrying again. Where I wan start from? lipsrsealed

Thankfully, I got MEP/BIL on April 8, 2019. I ran to VFS, filled a form, picked a number, sat for some hours before I was attended to. I saw the email and notification in my account later in the day. Then the wait continued. I couldn’t stop worrying about my application. I started hearing people that got rejected because of wrong NOC (Nawaooo). I checked by reference letter again and I decided to contact my supervisor to help me alter the responsibilities. It just did not align with my NOC. I printed out my NOC (NOC 1254 and wrote him a passionate letter about this canny stuff). Thank God, oga change am oo after much bureaucracy. I raised cse on May 2, 2019 and it was acknowledged on May, 9, 2019.
At this point, everyone was trying to know their VO, as an oga in cse matters, I raised another one and got notified that my file is at Ottawa. Well, Ottawa peeps get PPR around the 5 to 6 months mark so no need to raise unnecessary GCMS. During this period, I tried getting a volunteer/intern role in the kind of job I intend doing in Canny but I was not successful (getting a job is a job).When people started getting ADR’s for that funny clause on their GTB TB certificate, I started getting nervous but I later relaxed jare. Las las na ADR. embarassed

On June 21, 2019, I received a cse and sent a mail to Ottawa about the latest on my application. I received a mail from CIC(June 27, 2019) and Ottawa (July 3,2019) that my application is currently in queue for review and that my status is unclear. Omo boy just go back to him lowkey state.

PPR – I woke around 2.30 on July 13, 2019 (My parents weeding anniversary and a week to my birthday). As a daily ritual, I checked my mail and I saw a mail titled CPC0-Final request (June 12, 2019 at exactly 10.02pm). At first, I thought it was an ADR as my application was not perfect. Also, many people that submitted before me are still hanging in. I checked my profile and saw nothing. I called Wasseynewest e no answer. Naxoo, I chat baba up ooo. In his usual joyful mood, baba said the golden mail has landed. Tears of joy rolled down my cheek. I notified my younger sister and parents. Immediately and tears of joy was flowing everywhere. cry cry cry embarassed grin

Things I did while waiting:
- Networked with people in the Canny work environment on linkedin.
- Checked the prices of houses and cars in Canada occasionally.
- Followed developments in the political and economic space in Canny.
- Compared the different provinces.

Abeg, who sabi where Vfs Lagos office de?

Isn’t it funny that many of the great things that have happened in my life came as a result of the wealth of information on this platform. Fiverr freelancing and now Canada. Thanks Seun Osewa. Thanks my fellow Canny people. wink

Conclusively, permit me to step aside by telling everyone in the race to hang in. You’re a champion. I full ground for any assistance oo. God bless us,Canada and Nigeria. grin grin

118 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by gabby18: 11:47pm On Jul 13, 2019
Succes4sure:
Hello gabby...please I really need help with the correct number..sent you an email but I don't know
...please can you help correct it on here.. Thank you.

Try this other nos..zero eight zero two seven 518574
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by youngRx(m): 12:19am On Jul 14, 2019
damzy88:

Hey Fam,

Since I am still basking in the euphoria of my PPR, let me shed more light on how it came through. smiley

for any assistance oo. God bless us,Canada and Nigeria. grin grin

my #1 nairaland brother, congratulations man. Finally you go start sleep well for night. gringrin

All the best in your endeavors man.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by QueenJoeffrey: 12:20am On Jul 14, 2019
damzy88:

Hey Fam,

Decision to Migrate: I have always been a huge fan of the Nigerian dream (If there is any) so I never really considered trying to relocate to the aborad. In view of this, when I finished from the prestigious department of Economics, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in January 2013, my desire was to build a successful career in Nigeria and contribute to Nation Building. Lol. grin

However, I was privy of this Canada Express Entry stuff in 2016 when I was running my Masters of Science Degree in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management in University of Lagos (Maulag) grin when a friend of mine hinted me about the process. I wasn’t really interested then so I didn’t move an inch about it. I was hell bent on finishing my program and so that I can start a 9 to 5 job in Nigeria but I got to know about Fiverr on nairaland (Dec 2016) so I started freelancing which gave me the opportunity to work from home and earn some dollars.

In March 2018, I started nursing the ambition of leaving Nigeria after seeing that majority of the haves (awon scammer)in Nigeria have either a second passport from theirselves and their children. I took my destiny into my own hands and joined a GRE group of students planning to study in the United States. After much deliberation, I registered for the exam with BY Mafit(#45,000) and took a 6 weeks tutorial. Truth be told, the quantitative and verbal aspect of the exam looked like arabic to me (lol) so I started to wonder what prompted me to register for the exam (who send me). undecided

On April 14, 2018 I ran into a childhood friend of mine at a family friend’s wedding. His mom left for the UK about 10 years ago so he followed suit few years later. He told me that I should give immigration a shot and that he would recommend Canada because of the seamless immigration process. He took me to his sister who asked about my work experience, age and academic qualification. I obliged by giving her a low down of my profile and she encouraged me to try this Canny package. wink

On hearing about the perks of moving to Canada, I quickly jettisoned the United States plan (the fear of Trump). Moreso, with the way the Visa shit be these days, e no go make sense to focus solely on God’s own country(lol.) Also, I will have to take a student loan to go to the US, hustle for H1B Visa, and start the laborious task of getting a green card( E de take over 10 years). E no just make sense to me. I just dashed the institute the 45,000 jare. Till today I never write the exam.(lazy boy). All was set for the tupsy-turvy Canada journey. shocked

IELTS - Hehe. First test of my resilience. In May 2018, I started following this Canny thread with consistent regularity. I quickly registered for the June 30, 2018 BC exam with the believe that I will ace it once. The crowd I saw in the 2 halls on that day blew me away. People wan japa oo. When the result was released, I thought I had passed because of the general idea that a M.SC will increase your points. Naxo, I relax begin de chill oo. Mehn, when I spoke with the elders on here, they calculated my points and told me that I will need to rewrite the exam. I came short again in the second BC IELTS exam (August 18, 2018). I thought I should have passed this exam. Furthermore, I quickly followed the school of thought that it is good write the exam almost immediately. Naxo, I gebe my body go do Sep 8, MOD exam ooo. My performance dropped. cry

First IELTS BC June 30, 2018 – LRSW (6.5,6.5,7,6)
Second IELTS BC August 18, 2018 – LRSW (8,6.5,7,6.5)
Third IELTS MOD September 8, 2018 – LRSW (7.5,6.5,8,6.5)

After my consistent struggles, I started to think that maybe this Canny dream won’t come to fruition but when I see the shambles going on in this clime I gave myself sense that it is too early to give up. If this is what I can do for my future generation, so be it. I did a self-assessment to identify my weaknesses. For listening, I struggle with map, the last passage in reading (28-40) wears me out easily. Once I hear 5 or 10 minutes to go, I lose concentration. Fam, naxo I take 3 months break ooo. I can’t dash these people my hard earned money again. I practiced everyday till Novemeber before I registered for the Decemebr 1, 2018 MOD exam. Ladies and gentlemen, inside the exam hall, I had the feeling that one of my legs was already in Canada. It looked like it was over. When the results was released, it was as if I won a jackpot.

Fourth IELTS MOD December 1, 2018 – LRSW (8.5,7,7.5,7) wink grin
CRS – 450 cool
ITA - Jan 10, 2019

ECA – I contacted some people on here who studied at Unilag on how to go about it. They came through for me by telling me to apply online and follow up at the Senate. I paid about #22,000 to Unilag to send my transcript to WES. Also, my Dad’s friend works as a Senior Staff so he helped to fast track the process. A friend of mine used his Paypal to pay for my WES fee and I paid for his him in naira via my Union bank account. On September, 25, 2018, I received by ECA report after several back and forth from WES and Unilag.

Reference Letter – My only 9-5 experience after finishing my Mandatory Nysc was a 3-month stint as a Human Resources Assistant at a Company on the Island so I could not use it to claim points. As a fresh graduate with no huge responsibility (smh), I got tired of the environment and resigned abruptly. Fortunately, Glitteringstar was still very active on this platform then so she encouraged me to use my Nysc experience but I knew it will be difficult to get the letter considering the laid back attitude of employees of government establishments. After much pleading, I got it after a month in August 2018. I knew something was not right about the reference letter ever since then. I pleaded with them to change my Job title from Corper to the my NOC title but they forcefully refused. Many thanks to Ifeoma77 for coming through. She said I should use the Corper title and shed more light on it in my LOE.

ITA – After seeing my IELTS result on December 14, 2018, I was so confident of getting ITA that I did not create profile immediately. Also, I didn’t know where I would get the POF from so I just relaxed(I no fit try am again ooo). ITA na like diamond). Eventually, I created my profile on December 24, 2018 and I got the you are not eligible mail like so many other people on January 1, 2019. I was terribly saddened that all manner of thoughts struggled to gain the first position in my mind. I followed a compassionate person’s advise on here by increasing my POF to create a new profile. On Jan 10, 2019 (the first draw of the year, 449) I got my ITA with my 450 score.

Medical – I sent Qlife my ITA in January and I was scheduled for a Medical on February 12, 2019. I arrived early, submitted my passport and chilled before I was told to go and urinate inside a small plastic. Did my blood test, saw the Radiographer and the Doctor. Very courteous Medical practitioners work there. The Nurse just de smile. wink

PCC – I walked into alagbon and saw a man that took me to a woman. She wanted to charge me #8,000. Mehn, we had a heated argument about the price that it took the intervention of her boss and some of her colleagues to calm us down. I politely told her that I had #4000 on me( Omo boy don get OT for here naa). I guess she wanted to take advantage of my boyish look. I no greeeeee oooooo. Las las, na them settle am for us. I collected it, paid my #4000 and left. She said she won’t give me her card. Who card epp? sad

POF – I had some substantial amount of money in my account so that I won’t look like an unserious person to anyone that was willing to help(No be you wan go Canny nii). Some of the people that promised to assist later reneged on their promises (abeg no put all your eggs in one basket oo). In fact, some denied ever promising me. Naxoo, I weak ooo. I already thinking of rejecting ITA but alas my brother came through by helping me with a POF that was more than the required amount. I quickly contacted my account officers to help me use it for treasury bill (6 months), did a gift deed, notarized it and got the receipt showing the transfer from my brother’s account to my account.

N.B I only uploaded GTbank TB certificate (6 months), gift deed and transaction receipt.

AOR – I started the processing of uploading my documents on February 17, 2019. Mehn, it was not easy to answer all the questions oo. I scanned all my documents in separate folders and uploaded. I also asked some of my ogas on how to answer some complex questions. I eventually submitted after 48 hours, paid for RRPF, biometrics and other fees with the help of a kind lady on wasseynewes’s whatsapp group (God bless you sir). Sterling bank things, hehe.

Post AOR- I woke up on February 20, 2019 with the feeling that I didn’t upload all the required documents. Naxo I remember say I no upload my TB certificate oo. Can you imagine? I sharparly receive sense, raise cse ooo. I even followed up with a call to confirm if it was received. Then the long wait for MEP/BIL started. I asked my colleagues that we submitted at about the same time about theirs to determine how soon I will be contacted. Then news filtered in that some people got rejected as a result of the fact that they didn’t upload the right document in the right place. I started worrying again. Where I wan start from? lipsrsealed

Thankfully, I got MEP/BIL on April 8, 2019. I ran to VFS, filled a form, picked a number, sat for some hours before I was attended to. I saw the email and notification in my account later in the day. Then the wait continued. I couldn’t stop worrying about my application. I started hearing people that got rejected because of wrong NOC (Nawaooo). I checked by reference letter again and I decided to contact my supervisor to help me alter the responsibilities. It just did not align with my NOC. I printed out my NOC (NOC 1254 and wrote him a passionate letter about this canny stuff). Thank God, oga change am oo after much bureaucracy. I raised cse on May 2, 2019 and it was acknowledged on May, 9, 2019.
At this point, everyone was trying to know their VO, as an oga in cse matters, I raised another one and got notified that my file is at Ottawa. Well, Ottawa peeps get PPR around the 5 to 6 months mark so no need to raise unnecessary GCMS. During this period, I tried getting a volunteer/intern role in the kind of job I intend doing in Canny but I was not successful (getting a job is a job).When people started getting ADR’s for that funny clause on their GTB TB certificate, I started getting nervous but I later relaxed jare. Las las na ADR. embarassed

On June 21, 2019, I received a cse and sent a mail to Ottawa about the latest on my application. I received a mail from CIC(June 27, 2019) and Ottawa (July 3,2019) that my application is currently in queue for review and that my status is unclear. Omo boy just go back to him lowkey state.

PPR – I woke around 2.30 on July 13, 2019 (My parents weeding anniversary and a week to my birthday). As a daily ritual, I checked my mail and I saw a mail titled CPC0-Final request (June 12, 2019 at exactly 10.02pm). At first, I thought it was an ADR as my application was not perfect. Also, many people that submitted before me are still hanging in. I checked my profile and saw nothing. I called Wasseynewest e no answer. Naxoo, I chat baba up ooo. In his usual joyful mood, baba said the golden mail has landed. Tears of joy rolled down my cheek. I notified my younger sister and parents. Immediately and tears of joy was flowing everywhere. cry cry cry embarassed grin

Things I did while waiting:
- Networked with people in the Canny work environment on linkedin.
- Checked the prices of houses and cars in Canada occasionally.
- Followed developments in the political and economic space in Canny.
- Compared the different provinces.

Abeg, who sabi where Vfs Lagos office de?

Isn’t it funny that many of the great things that have happened in my life came as a result of the wealth of information on this platform. Fiverr freelancing and now Canada. Thanks Seun Osewa. Thanks my fellow Canny people. wink

Conclusively, permit me to step aside by telling everyone in the race to hang in. You’re a champion. I full ground for any assistance oo. God bless us,Canada and Nigeria. grin grin

Oga well done oo.! May Canny Favour you!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Obinoscopy(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2019
@damzy88, please how long did it take you to get your unilag transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by fOFT: 1:54am On Jul 14, 2019
Can you share your tips?
Almost everyone around me had 6.5 in writing and I wouldn’t want to score that.
I’m interested in your tips

obynaDmob:
Good day

I made a promise that if I passed my ielts the first time I would reach out to a maximum of 10 persons struggling with ielts writing. My Overall score was 8.0. Writing 7.5. So if you know you want brutal honesty as regards your ielts writing.

Ps: it is totally free.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Brownie1003: 2:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Congratulations @damzy88. May canny land favour u. u sound familiar tho. I finished frm psy 2013. All d best
damzy88:

Hey Fam,

Decision to Migrate: I have always been a huge fan of the Nigerian dream (If there is any) so I never really considered trying to relocate to the aborad. In view of this, when I finished from the prestigious department of Economics, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in January 2013, my desire was to build a successful career in Nigeria and contribute to Nation Building. Lol.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 2:08am On Jul 14, 2019
No need to apologize! It's all good! kiss smiley
EHAO:

I’m so sorry about the long post. I’m still getting used to communicating here. Forgive me

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.