Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047099 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 6:53am On Jul 23, 2019
Good day ,
It's with pleasure that I received nomination from Nova Scotia yesterday.

Please, what should be necessary preparations before next EE draw?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by omamofe: 7:01am On Jul 23, 2019
Hello guys,

So I woke up to see the golden RFV email on my phone after battling this journey for this long. grin grin grin

This came after I posted that I raised a CSE expressing the travesty that was done in the evaluation of my POF by the case officer who stated an amount well below what I had declared. I prepared my counter-argument and requested that a review be done again as I believe that this could be a reason for the delay I have experienced which is totally unfair.

However, so the story goes and on this note, my watch has ended.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed by sharing info or providing updates of their journey as well.

VO: Ottawa
CRS 461
AOR 29th Nov 2018
Medical Passed Jan 8th 2019
Biometrics submitted 9th Jan 2019
The only update recently seen on my profile is that my Biometrics has been completed.
GCMS notes received 4th July
RFV 23 July 2019

omamofe:
Hi guys, after waiting this long November 2018 AOR, I had ordered GCMS notes early in June and when I received, I didn't focus on the whole 132 pages or so. I just glanced through the early pages to see what has been done.

Recently, a God-sent friend directed my attention to page 129 where I saw that CO stated that I didn't have sufficient funds to settle, hence a review required.

I declared 2 Bank statements with funds in Euro and Naira. To my surprise, the CO stated that my account balance in the Euro account was at a certain amount which is actually not true and the amount declared in Euros when converted to CAD was over double the amount the CO wrote. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I have gone ahead to raise a web form contesting this injustice and sent screenshots and indicated the parts where the account balance supports my argument.

My question here is to ask if I have done the right thing or there is something else to do here or what to expect.

Here I was thinking I would just get the golden mail without knowing that some crazy CO is the reason for the delay.

Any suggestions guys and also what to expect from here on...

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Thaiy(m): 7:06am On Jul 23, 2019
jayceeabdulwasiu:
Good day ,

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2019
wow congratulations! what an oversight on their part. I'm glad it ended in praise for you. cheesy
omamofe:
Hello guys,

So I woke up to see the golden RFV email on my phone after battling this journey for this long. grin grin grin

This came after I posted that I raised a CSE expressing the travesty that was done in the evaluation of my POF by the case officer who stated an amount well below what I had declared. I prepared my counter-argument and requested that a review be done again as I believe that this could be a reason for the delay I have experienced which is totally unfair.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed by sharing info or providing updates of their journey as well.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadahome: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2019
jayceeabdulwasiu:
Good day ,

Congrats. Please, what's your NOC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blazetitov: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2019
Canadagirl20:
Please how long did evaluation with ICES take? IRCC only views it online. Why’d you send a copy to them in the first place? Then I think delivery to naija by regular postal mail might take sometime. Not sure how the refund thing works with them

Thanks for your response. I didn't send it IRCC. It was an option on ICES website to send to other recipients. My transcript got to them on the 30th of April and it was concluded on 28th June. So that's 2 months.

However, new information on their website shows that it will take 20 weeks now and because Nigerians have bombarded them with fake documents, evaluations from Nigeria might take longer.

As for situation, am actually asking if there is any way one can track such parcel sent via regular mail from their.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 7:56am On Jul 23, 2019
Oh I see. Thank you.

With regular mail, you won’t be able to track it until it lands in Nigeria. Then you’ll be able to track its location on the Nipost website. You can still try to get the tracking number so you keep checking to know when it’s in Nigeria

blazetitov:

Thanks for your response. I didn't send it IRCC. It was an option on ICES website to send to other recipients. My transcript got to them on the 30th of April and it was concluded on 28th June. So that's 2 months.

However, new information on their website shows that it will take 20 weeks now and because Nigerians have bombarded them with fake documents, evaluations from Nigeria might take longer.

As for situation, am actually asking if there is any way one can track such parcel sent via regular mail from their.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 7:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations! I think a nomination comes with additional 600 points!!! So you will definitely be picked in the next draw cheesy. I’m not in the pool yet grin I never even write ielts yet lol but I guess you can check your application to be sure.

jayceeabdulwasiu:
Good day ,

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2019
Wow congratulations!! Gcms notes are truly important!!!

omamofe:
Hello guys,

CRS 461
AOR 29th Nov 2018
The only update recently seen on my profile is that my Biometrics has been completed.
RFV 23 July 2019

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2019
Dare002:

So, if a processing officer recognises it as normal degree, then it is. Guys, better to have it stated on your ECA as professional qualification ooo...

I would only advise that you attach an LOE, if your degree was assessed by WES, in order to draw the VO's attention to it. It's better if you assessed your degree with IQAS where it's stated on the report that it's a professional degree, but for those who didn't know and assessed with WES, the post was intended for them. Why blow another N70k plus when a Law degree is already seen as a professional degree by their government?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 8:32am On Jul 23, 2019
I really don’t think this is a fair statement. When you put in so much effort and you are made to do the exam over and over again, you will under better. Take for example, the Indians on the average pass this exam well while few percent pass it at one sitting in Nigeria.

While it’s good to know the basics of English, I’m of the opinion that the test centers in Nigeria are exploiting the candidates unjustly [quote author=KingMEXX post=80514107]I don't believe this narrative because it is an avenue to give excuses for failure.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blazetitov: 8:37am On Jul 23, 2019
Canadagirl20:
Oh I see. Thank you.

With regular mail, you won’t be able to track it until it lands in Nigeria. Then you’ll be able to track its location on the Nipost website. You can still try to get the tracking number so you keep checking to know when it’s in Nigeria

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dbty(m): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2019
Good morning .
Please I need advice on how to start my Express entry processing and how to improve on my CRS
The online CRS gave me 310 point ,i also got 60/100 in the other criteria which is 100 .
Please help with these details:

Education Qualification:HND in mechanical Engineering

(If my ND and HND is accessed as 2 or more certificate,am I going to have different CRS point for 2yrs diploma and 2or3 years diploma for my HND)

Working experience:10 years as a technician in manufacturing

IELTS:not yet done

Note
My wife is BSC holder if food science with no working experience and she is not willing to seat for IELTS.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2019
I think if you are currently unemployed, you will need to get a reference letter from the employer whose years of experience you want to use. You can explain the hiatus period under personal history.

You will not need to state your number of years under work experience
Silversurfer1:
Hi everyone. I've asked this question before but haven't received a better answer.
If you are currently unemployed, how do you go about stating it in the application? Do I get a reference letter from my last job and then explain the period of unemployment, or how do I do it?
Please help me. Lol
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lynda27: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2019
oluwaahmed:
Hello guys, pls I need assistance with my questions.
So am married but my international passport carries my maiden name. I have done both my WES $ IELTS in my maiden too, but since I am going with my spouse is it compulsory we do name change to have a harmonized name? Will it also affect the WES & IELTS done in maiden name especially as my international passport is about to expire?
Pls guys assist

It is not compulsory to do a name change if you do not want It. An example of how i stated it in my LOE is as follows.

MARRIAGE: ON THE (DATE). My spouse and I got legally married (Location). A copy of my marriage certificate was uploaded under the Marriage License/Certification section. It is pertinent to note that my bank account statements, international passports, WES and IELTS certificates are in my maiden name hence the last name in my express entry application.

I hope this helps. All the best

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chinna54: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2019
Goodmrn house, please I need help oh. My husband's ECA with wes is pending because of Waec., We have paid all necessary fee to Waec office here in ph since May, pH office said it had been sent to Lagos but no response from Lagos to Wes yet. Please assist with a contact to fast track it cos school transcript has been sent and confirmation has been done too, Waec is the only thing pending. Kindly assist, thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cannydreams: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2019
Don’t mind them.
The way they are coming out to say that they passed once yen yen!
Indirectly saying that other people who have written several times didn't practice hard and well.
They are forgetting the grace of God in this process.

Fybe:

Funny though. Spoken like someone that passed at first attempt. You have not experienced the hard break of writing again and again even when you aced other module with the maximum score.
Just thank God for his grace in your life.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations
omamofe:
Hello guys,

CRS 461
AOR 29th Nov 2018
RFV 23 July 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2019
Cannydreams:
Don’t mind them.
The way they are coming out to say that they passed once yen yen!
Indirectly saying that other people who have written several times didn't practice hard and well.
They are forgetting the grace of God in this process.

people read hard in school exams and still fail canada travel is an individual race. There are people who had 6.5 many times and after remake never changed too. So the fault lies with the candidate not ielts. Stop making excuses for not meeting the cut off

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by fruitybranch007: 9:41am On Jul 23, 2019
Hi everyone,
Please I have a question. My husband's name on his passport, marriage certificate and educational documents is different from the name on his birth certificate. He has been asked to provide a legal name change document. He doesn't have this, as he only replaced his middle name while growing up, but never did a legal name change. Please what do you advice that we do?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amobola: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Hello, congratulations. pls when did u apply for this. Was it under the skilled workers stream & what NOC did u use?
jayceeabdulwasiu:
Good day ,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canadagirl20: 10:09am On Jul 23, 2019
Please can’t he do a legal name change now?

fruitybranch007:
Hi everyone,
Please I have a question. My husband's name on his passport, marriage certificate and educational documents is different from the name on his birth certificate. He has been asked to provide a legal name change document. He doesn't have this, as he only replaced his middle name while growing up, but never did a legal name change. Please what do you advice that we do?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Abk2019: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2019
Pls,which account number will I pay the 15000 naira for remarking to?Will I pay in the bank or I can do online transfer? What will I submit for the remark?I wrote my exam in Abeokuta, will the center name be;British council Abeokuta?Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2019
Abk2019:
Pls,which account number will I pay the 15000 naira for remarking to?Will I pay in the bank or I can do online transfer? What will I submit for the remark?I wrote my exam in Abeokuta, will the center name be;British council Abeokuta?Thanks
bank draft payable to british council
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2019
dbty:
Good morning .
Please I need advice on how to start my Express entry processing and how to improve on my CRS
The online CRS gave me 310 point ,i also got 60/100 in the other criteria which is 100 .
Please help with these details:

Education Qualification:HND in mechanical Engineering

(If my ND and HND is accessed as 2 or more certificate,am I going to have different CRS point for 2yrs diploma and 2or3 years diploma for my HND)

Working experience:10 years as a technician in manufacturing

IELTS:not yet done

Note
My wife is BSC holder if food science with no working experience and she is not willing to seat for IELTS.
Thanks
simulate your crs using 8777 at the minimum ( 8 in listening). your education is two or more degree. due to age you may use french tef to boost scores.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwangec: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations please how do one get nominated by Nova Scotia

Good day ,

Please, what should be necessary preparations before next EE draw?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2019
HENRIETTAPOWER:
Hello everybody

It seems there is no newbie in this thread o

Please will WES evaluate my acca advanced diploma in accounting and business?

Am I qualified for 2 or more certificates

Someone should please answer meeee

Why not ask wes. Search for wes Canada on Twitter and send them a dm or just post your question on their page. They will respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cornelfranca: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2019
Ebubenma:

Why not use WES instead of Iqas . Was advised same . now using WES. You can ask this lady someone gave me her contact to assist you for ur waec if you don't stay in lagos. She helped me with my Waec GCE and Neco and mine has reached WES already just within 2 weeks. Soon my evaluation will commence fully, my University will soon send my transcript. I think WES is better and faster. You can WhatsApp her to help you 08065173515 if the stress is what you want to avoid. Her name is Joy
thanks dear I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dollarpee49: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2019
good day house,please what are the requirements to get nominated by provinces? if their is any link kindly drop.......

Also, anyone with the Cambridge materials should kindly share dollarpee49@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2019
omamofe:
Hello guys,

CRS 461
AOR 29th Nov 2018
RFV 23 July 2019

GoodWealth ; God is really faithful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Philips49: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2019
I think is necessary if only IQAS requests for secondary school certificate. I know Wes usually do that
Cornelfranca:
if Is it necessary to evaluate waec result for express entry, because I want to evaluate with iqas and waec is not compulsory, will this affect anything or just my highest qualification is ok. Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hobyno: 11:25am On Jul 23, 2019
oluwaahmed:
Hello guys, pls I need assistance with my questions.
So am married but my international passport carries my maiden name. I have done both my WES $ IELTS in my maiden too, but since I am going with my spouse is it compulsory we do name change to have a harmonized name? Will it also affect the WES & IELTS done in maiden name especially as my international passport is about to expire?
Pls guys assist

It wont affect anything but since your passport is about to expire why not explore the option of change of name both officially and on the passport your docs both ielts and wes will still be valid

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.