Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047173 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hamddy: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good evening all,

Well done to all the gurus. My special thanks to mamajojo and amaya for directing me to the self employed PPR celebrants. Njbr.... And great lady 234 has contacted me and they have both offered their advice and support as I begin.

Please I still need some clarifications
Firstly, my hubby has OND, HND, ICAN and MBA please which of all these certificates should he do ECA on that will still fetch us the highest point.

Secondly, to the NOC gurus in the house. I need help on this. I want to go the self employed route and I am confused on which NOC to use.

My business supplies consumables, toiletries and stationeries to companies, we generally buy things that their staff consume or use for their day to day activities at work. I chose NOC 0621 but will appreciate if you can help take a second look at my NOC choice.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
G4lady:

really!!! But you need to go with your ITA letter before you can do medicals na, at least i know Q life asked me before they booked my appointment, so i dnt know how @adigun183 will do medicals without ITA
You can do your medicals before receiving ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Deluvtj247: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good day all. Please I need your advice. My school made a mistake on my masters transcript; 28/05 was typed instead of 25/05 as my dob. WES completed the report and put a note that the dob for masters is 28th. I contacted WES and I was told to send the corrected copy to them. I did, but I have not gotten a response from them since May, 2019. Can I enter the express entr pool with the reference/ECA # on the report I have while I wait for wes to update the dob?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ShoeShineGuy: 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Please there's no point taking the info to the front page, to avoid the famous 'misrepresentation of facts". cheesy Affliction did arise a second time, unfortunately! Just got another mail in her mail box an hour ago stating NECO Transcript was received but not being accepted due to it not getting sent by the institution. This new mail contradicts that of yesterday which earlier confirmed the receipt of all documents and that there was no need to do anything at present. Lol.. I yavv tired already but sure not giving up!..
majamisile:

Mama the mama, I have seen that o. Thank you, I guess it should have made first page already for reference for as many prospective applicants that the info can help. I was so so behind on the thread but I am close to catching up now. Our day job no dey gree us see thread read until person close from there. Omo my post no carry picture sha grin.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by autolearner: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Many thanks to everyone that has contributed to this priceless knowledge bank here. Today, the 8th, my fiancee and I, are officially starting the Express Entry Program, and we are hopeful that the process will be a seamless one.

A bit of a background story, having read through the introductory posts on Page 1, we tried our hands at the pre-application evaluation and our CRS scores combined hovers between 491 and 497 (difference being, we tried to lower our expectations on IELTS scores). This gave us the confidence to start off this process.

So, earlier in the week, we collected B's Master's Degree certificate from UNILAG, in preparation for the Transcript phase. However, due to some not-so-seemingly clear responses I've recently read on here, there are a few questions regarding the next steps, we'd appreciate clarity on.

1. Which ECA service would serve us as efficiently possible - ICES or WES Unilag Masters(Finance) & BSC LAUTECH(Clinical Sciences)

2. Should we consider doing an ECA for our WAEC Certificates as well?

Many thanks and all the best to the awaiting ITA hopefuls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
autolearner:
Many thanks to everyone that has contributed to this priceless knowledge bank here. Today, the 8th, my fiancee and I, are officially starting the Express Entry Program, and we are hopeful that the process will be a seamless one.

A bit of a background story, having read through the introductory posts on Page 1, we tried our hands at the pre-application evaluation and our CRS scores combined hovers between 491 and 497 (difference being, we tried to lower our expectations on IELTS scores). This gave us the confidence to start off this process.

So, earlier in the week, we collected B's Master's Degree certificate from UNILAG, in preparation for the Transcript phase. However, due to some not-so-seemingly clear responses I've recently read on here, there are a few questions regarding the next steps, we'd appreciate clarity on.

1. Which ECA service would serve us as efficiently possible - ICES or WES Unilag Masters(Finance) & BSC LAUTECH(Clinical Sciences)

2. Should we consider doing an ECA for our WAEC Certificates as well?

491 or 497? Maybe you should do a reconfirmation of the above simulated scores.

I used ICES to evaluate my M.Sc Finance from Unilag and it was hitch-free.

If you are evaluating M.Sc with ICES, you do not require WAEC.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kweenoma001: 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
COPR:

If it is BScN, go ahead, otherwise WES evaluates other nursing certs as Canadian High school diploma.

i meant, does wes accept notification in place of certificate? since certificate is not yet out.... plz reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
majamisile:
Here I was thinking IRCC was going to surprise us with a Thursday draw as they didn't work on Monday but it seems they have their own personal plans. To think that but for @topsmamen's advise I was on the brink of declining my ITA, God bless you again boss. Please for expectant ITA hopefuls, don't feel discouraged about how things turned out this week, let's just remain hopeful and know that we all will move soonest.

Amen. You're welcome boss.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
autolearner:
Many thanks to everyone that has contributed to this priceless at the pre-application evaluation and our CRS scores combined hovers between 491 and 497 (difference being, we tried

491 How.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
hamddy:
Firstly, my hubby has OND, HND, ICAN and MBA please which of all these certificates should he do ECA on that will still fetch us the highest point.

Secondly, to the NOC gurus in the house. I need help on this. I want to go the self employed route and I am confused on which NOC to use.

My business supplies consumables, toiletries and stationeries to companies, we generally buy things that their staff consume or use for their day to day activities at work. I chose NOC 0621 but will appreciate if you can help take a second look at my NOC choice.

Thank you for your time.

1. His MBA.

2. NOC 0621 seems close. There's also NOC 6421 (an ineligible NOC with skill type C) which might fit. I suggest you post your duties here for review.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Deluvtj247: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Deluvtj247:
Good day all. Please I need your advice. My school made a mistake on my masters transcript; 28/05 was typed instead of 25/05 as my dob. WES completed the report and put a note that the dob for masters is 28th. I contacted WES and I was told to send the corrected copy to them. I did, but I have not gotten a response from them since May, 2019. Can I enter the express entr pool with the reference/ECA # on the report I have while I wait for wes to update the dob?

Please I need your advice.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kweenoma001: 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
COPR:

If it is BScN, go ahead, otherwise WES evaluates other nursing certs as Canadian High school diploma.

WILL WES ACCEPT NURSING NOTIFICATION IN PLACE OF CERTIFICATE SINCE CERTIFICATE IS NOT YET OUT.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MumofTwins2017: 8:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Do you have a store where you sell to retailers like a supermarket or is it solely direct supply to companies? I also used 0621 because I own a supermarket and am going the self employed route.
hamddy:
Good evening all,

Well done to all the gurus. My special thanks to mamajojo and amaya for directing me to the self employed PPR celebrants. Njbr.... And great lady 234 has contacted me and they have both offered their advice and support as I begin.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
truthsayer009:

Be explain more about TBills for me. Thanks.

Last i checked the interest rates were really small.

Tbills are short-term government debts that are purchased/issued through banks at a discount rate (popularly and wrongly refered to as interests, but hey, all join). The increase or deccrease in 'interest rates' is largely dependent on existing interest rate set by the CBN. There's more info here https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria

Because Tbills are a low risk form of investment, the 'interest rates' decreases when there is a drop in interest rate by CBN. Why? Because when there is a drop in interest rate, people can borrow more money and take on more risky forms of investments such as stocks. Anyway, the reality in Nigeria is a bit different sha...Emefiele and OMO auctions na story for another day grin

If you are seeking for higher interest rates, then head over to NSE and try your hands on some stocks (P.S - I'm 11% down on my NSE Portfolio and almost close to my stop loss, so think am well ooo).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
Deepsea14:

i thought the POF is locked the day you submit your application
hence, future uncertainties in the exchange rates doesnt matter.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I have heard of several cases of people getting an ADR for a change in exchange rate. Until you land Canada, your POF is expected to be intact to the very last penny.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stdannyel(m): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good evening all,

Please I need some clarification and I will really appreciate your kind response.
I'm planning to apply with my wife, but presently none of us is present in Nigeria, she's in the US (student) and I am in Dubai (Resident).
Is there any issues attached to this.

Secondly, while applying for Wes evaluation, do we need to include our O'level too.
And please in the application process, which step in more advisable to take first or is there any one can do side by side.

Thanks as I humbly await your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by autolearner: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
Scandinavian02:

491 or 497? Maybe you should do a reconfirmation of the above simulated scores.

I used ICES to evaluate my M.Sc Finance from Unilag and it was hitch-free.

If you are evaluating M.Sc with ICES, you do not require WAEC.

Many thanks for your response.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but attached is what the final simulated score from the CRS page is.
cc Tina26

We will be sure to use ICES then. Any insight into how long it took them to evaluate, can we send them official soft copies directly and lastly, do I need to consider evaluating SSCE in addition to my Bachelors Degree?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MamaJoJo: 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
hamddy:
Good evening all,

Firstly, my hubby has OND, HND, ICAN and MBA please which of all these certificates should he do ECA on that will still fetch us the highest point.( highest qualification)

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
jaybros:

Mine was about 77500.
Paid yest 62k
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Lolss...you asked for it...so you ll get it grin

majamisile:

Mama the mama, I have seen that o. Thank you, I guess it should have made first page already for reference for as many prospective applicants that the info can help. I was so so behind on the thread but I am close to catching up now. Our day job no dey gree us see thread read until person close from there. Omo my post no carry picture sha grin.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by donestk(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello,

I'll like to know if WES, ICAS and IQAS can evaluate my MSc result with my testimonial?

Testimonial has this clause "valid for 3 years"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Psalm 126v1-3 King James Version (KJV)

126 When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.

2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.

3 The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.

The journey was not born out of desire but circumstances changed and I got feed up with FRN, so I sought help with my brother who was in Qatar as at 2015 to join him as an expat , all plan was working well until QA decided not to grant Nigerians Visa, so I quit discussions related to traveling and focus more on my job here. Fast forward to 2017, My brother came again with the idea of Canada and I wasn't too kin, he paid for my first and second IELTS just to encourage me and the second time he initiated a PNP route towards the tail end of 2018, made my wife PA... Need I say that this brother of mine is an In-law turns friend and blood...

Timeline
EOI>>>Oct 23 (not too sure)
ITA>>>January 23, 2019
AOR>>> Feb 12, 2019
MED PASSED>>>Mar 28, 2019
BIL/>>>Apr 2, 2019
ADR>>>Famous 5
CSE>>> Mid of May (was made to understand that my application is been handled by AVO. Was devastated but God's gotta plan)
Deafening Silence
PPR>>>Aug 8, 2019
To God alone be all the glory. For those still waiting I prophecy that the same God who brought something out of nothing with speed will answer you just right now.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by COPR: 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
kweenoma001:

i meant, does wes accept notification in place of certificate? since certificate is not yet out.... plz reply

Yes, WES accepts statement of result.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by etyno: 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Pls can you kindly share what you mean by surprises?
As I about to register and wouldn't like to waste precious money.
Better to focus on something worthwhile.
Thanks so much in advance
pyruvateluv:

Hope the NOUN program isn't for this PR journey? If yea,don't make it your only option because that school is full of surprises.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by vickyehi: 12:26am On Aug 09, 2019
kweenoma001:

WILL WES ACCEPT NURSING NOTIFICATION IN PLACE OF CERTIFICATE SINCE CERTIFICATE IS NOT YET OUT.

Yes. However only use wes if you have a BSN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by rollykotex: 12:48am On Aug 09, 2019
Hello every one. I've been observing for a while and im really interested in this Canada stuff. I dont understand what is been typed most the time because of the abreviations used. Could someone be kind enough to give the full meaning to most of the abbreviations and explain in layman's English how to start the whole process from the scratch.
Please do not ignore. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.