Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1046845 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by G4lady: 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
lol... yes with that results, you are CLB 1O, the highest Clb. And I will pm you for the WAEC verification o
raylady:

Not sure what that means, but my IELTS scores were
Listening: 9
Speaking: 8
Reading: 8
Writing: 7.5
Overall Band: 8
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bamingo: 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
bellexa22:
IT’S PPR & COPR grin grin
He is God all by himself and I will trust in him.
Apologies for dropping the good news late.

ITA: April 3rd, 2019(457) FSW
AOR: May 20th, 2019
MEP/BIL: July 2nd, 2019
BIL Done: July 5th, 2019
PPR: July 16th (57 days) 2019
Passport submission: July 18th
COPR: August 6th 2019
No ADR
No Ghosts (well I wasn’t checking though)
I don’t know my VO

PLACEHOLDERS

Education: BSC cert, MSC cert, ECA, IELTS (for PA & spouse)
Employment: Reference, Offer letter, Payslip, Commendation letter, Promotion letter (we had all the document so why not) For PA only
Change of Name: Marriage certificate, Affidavit, News paper publication, One and the same for PA.
POF: Summary page, Letter of consent from spouse (we used a joint account fixed deposit), Renmoney certificate, Renmoney letter of reference, Bank statement( this wasn’t necessary though as our fixed deposit had more than the required funds)
Police certificate: Inspector Moshood
Medicals: Qlife medical form (It's advisable to book before you get ITA if you are sure of getting at the next draw, this delayed our application submission)
Digital Photo: The Passport app came in handy
Client Information: We filled Schedule A upfront, Visa refusal letters

POINTS TO NOTE
Please before submitting your application READ! READ!! READ!!!. While we were waiting for ICES I spent time going through nairaland thread, searching for answers online. There was really nothing peculiar about our application but I needed to be sure we had crossed all the ts. Some of the questions I had:
1. Using renmoney as POF. I have read a good number of PPR scripts and only found one person who used it, I tried contacting the moniker but got no response. Renmoney has one clause on their certificate that says “We can choose to approve or decline a liquidation request” I was really worried about it even though they always approve all liquidation requests. If you are in these shoes, you can request for a Letter of reference that says you have access to the funds in your account anytime. I had gotten a reference letter without this statement and requested they added that line to the reference letter, my relationship officer said he wasn’t sure they could add that line to my letter. He eventually came through with the letter but this was a day after we submitted. Well turns out it is not an issue but give yourself peace of mind by getting that letter.
2. We claimed points for only one role in PA’s previous workplace even though PA had 2 roles with different NOCs at the same company. We added the second role to personal history. The letter of reference had both roles.
Ladies and gentlemen, before submitting your application, make sure you spend time gathering info, ANY DOUBT you have before submitting is VALID. I’ve seen people asking questions about doubts they had after submitting their application. Don’t be like them oo. Ask all your questions now, google as well.

->Take screenshots of your application before submitting in case of an ADR.
->Please make sure your scanned documents are clear, people get rejected for illegibility.
->Create folders for every placeholder on your laptop and drop the necessary documents, this will help you mirror your application and also help you avoid silly mistakes like uploading a document in the wrong placeholder(please don’t be lazy about this).
->Take a day or 2 to compare the information on your documents with the information you filled especially the dates*. I know somebody that found a mistake with the dates on her reference after submitting.
->After receiving documents like ECA, IELTS, POF statements, Police report etc please check check check for mistakes before leaving the location if possible.
->Keep your application simple, if you must add unnecessary documents please add to Client information section.

After submitting, pleasssseeeee leave your application to God, stop looking for wetin no loss, Let Go and Let God. I see people going back to their application to give themselves a headache asking questions they should have asked before or questions they have already asked. No follow them oo that’s why I suggested using at least 2 days to check and recheck your application, I know it’s not easy but stressing yourself over things you can’t change isn’t worth it, trust me!.

Special thanks to @topsmamen & co for answering all my questions and to the nairaland community. I wish everyone all the best in their various stagessmiley.

Lord God!! I key into this, this day. My testimony shall come soonest. God of speed, answer me. Let my own PPR come in record time. Today, i declare that i will make reference to this post, and say "My God has done this great thing for me". Amen

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iyabejilantilan:
Hi everyone, a big thank you to everyone contributing to this thread... Thanks for lifting others.
I would please like to know...
Is there anyone who has hepatitis b (medical condition) and had passed medicals.
Is it one of the required tests performed during medicals?
If it is, should I let the doctor know when asked if there's any medical condition or not?
I understand that this is a peculiar and sensitive question but I'd please like anyone who has any information on this to kindly give their comment as this will determine if I continue with the process or not.
Thank you fam...
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/hepatitis-b-detected-in-medicals-please-help.467215/
Research research online. There are more cases on that website. Most are in canada now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Mariesio:

ICES is 20 weeks+ from today's registration portal
Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Purplestorm: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
Really, thanks a lot. Are you a lawyer?
ednut1:
law itself is equivalent to masters with iqas.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
Kendrix69:

Ices I think is 12 weeks or so...wes is 7 weeks
Wes evaluates as two or more......I don't know about ices

Checked the ICES site and it says it takes 20 weeks now as they express huge volumes from Africa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Iyabejilantilan(f): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
Thanks for your swift response. Trust me I have done a lot of research, I even came across that site during my research. What I noticed is most of the information are from people from other countries and I gathered from my research that tests carried out is peculiar to each country (I don't know how true that is) which is why I decided to ask here since we are all nigerians.quote author=ednut1 post=81666542]https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/hepatitis-b-detected-in-medicals-please-help.467215/
Research research online. There are more cases on that website. Most are in canada now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
CanadianFan:

Checked the ICES site and it says it takes 20 weeks now as they express huge volumes from Africa.
Yh, thanks for the correction,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2019
psalmizt:

CIO Sydney

This would have been a speedy application for you and I know it will still be one. Sorry to ask, was the RR noted somewhere in your application or you got a letter from Sydney just as people get ADR? How exactly did you get the RR? I'm asking because what we have been used to is ADR and not RR so I and I'm sure others will want to know the nature of RR.
To the issue at hand, just as we agreed when this mutual funds thing came up and as @blackgold3 has reiterated, as soon as the VO raises concern over our form of investment be it through RR or ADR, please don't let's start explaining this from that. Let us just liquidate the funds into our accounts immediately and print an updated statement of account showing the receipt of fund. This on its own clears the doubt of the VO that the said sum is indeed not encumbered, an LOE stating that the funds has been liquidated and now readily available in your account can follow. Trust me I believe if this is the only concern the VO has, you will get PPR within a week. As soon as PPR drops you can now decide to reinvest your money pending the time you intend to move as I also believe it will be better to have the funds readily available when travelling too.
If it makes us sleep better at night, we can also be proactive and liquidate the fund now and duly raise CSE showing updated POF. I believe with gretop's case, there will be enough awareness at the VOs and most people will just gets RRs and ADRs rather than outright rejection.
God speed everyone. May the New overzealous VOs not be the end of us grin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by adeco: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
Sombori praaaaaaaaaise the Lord, PPR is here!

First of all, as a member of the silent readers association, I’ll like to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. See ehn, we fight when everyone is fighting, we settle quarrels in our minds, we laugh at @Ifeoma77’s quips and nod in concurrence/amazement at @Ladymarshall’s write ups. We dance when @Yemiblaze unleashes his new and improved shekere belly dancers for PPR updates, We silently remind @Topsmamen of answers to questions he’s responded to a hundred times before and just wonder in astonishment when @Joo2018 links some new pertinent information, like Bros we dey hail oh!!!

Timeline
IELTS: L,R,W,S – (8.5,9,7,cool – 2nd August 2018
ECA: WES - (Masters): 27th December 2018
Score: 456
EE Profile: 2nd January 2019
ITA: 10th January 2019
Medicals: IOM Abuja
PCC: Abuja
AOR: 22nd February 2019
MEP/BIL: 10th April 2019
Biometrics: 15th April 2019
PPR: 27th August 2019
VO: Ottawa
Single Applicant

Decision to Travel
Guys, I’ve seen people who are living la vida loca in this country, houses on point, top notch jobs and careers, flying from one country to the other for vacation, summer, and Christmas. They have their family support system around and can enjoy all the Ofada rice and bokotor that their hearts (and stomachs) can contain. Them get two head I always believed that there was money to be made here and that it was better to hustle here than go be a second class citizen in another man’s country. So you can imagine how unwilling I was to commence this journey.
First I heard of the Canadian Permanent Residence program was in 2012 through a senior colleague who just upped and resigned. Ahhhhh brother show me the way! He gave me the contact of his Canadian immigration lawyer who asked me to go and learn French. Shooooo, se na by force? Then in 2016, another friend told me about the Express entry process saying he just spoke to some immigration consultant in Lekki and that it had been improved upon. Really? Oya guy, give me the number sharply! I called and the consultant explained the process, asked some questions and said I was qualified. All I had to do was write IELTS and pay for their services. Tor, how much? Oga started calling million million, imagine, in this economy? Commot for road jare.
Then my baby sister processed her admission to a Canadian university and stumbled on this thread in the process. Baby girl started to disturb my life, just check it out naaaa. I said laye, who has time to be reading for English exam. Omo, the day I went to drop her off at the airport, my eyes cleared. I said ok, this is the condition – I’ll write the IELTS. If I pass on the first trial that means I’m meant to do this.

IELTS
Thank God I hadn’t visited the thread, my heart for cut! I registered for the exam and studied using the online resources only. Practiced my listening, reading and speaking. Two days to the exam, I realised I would have to write 2 essays. Yekpa! Ran to YouTube, and checked out the band 9 videos, what were the rules? Learnt what I could and left the rest to God. It was when I got to the centre that I realised this was some serious ishhhhh! People were rewriting for the umpteenth time, Father! I just put my head down, did my best using the rules I had learnt and the result came out great on the first trial. That meant I was in, no retreat no surrender. On to the next.

ECA
I finally came to the thread in Part 6 and read all the way from part 1 – part 6. Saved the different pertinent information I got on word documents and created an EE folder on my laptop. I used WES and evaluated my MBA. This process almost frustrated me. My transcript plug in OAU Ife turned out to be a fraudster who had been sacked for eating peoples’ monies for transcript, N28k went down the drain. No problem, we move. Got someone else who finally processed it for me. I sent my NECO certificate using the info I got from the thread, it was very straight forward. Unfortunately, the guy at the Abuja office told me he had no input with when it was going to be sent from Minna and I was on my own. Got another contact for Minna from the thread, called and he was asking for plenty money like that. By then, my patience and pocket was running low. I refused to send anything, las las WES acknowledged receipt and I got my report after Christmas. 4 full months after!
I created my EE profile after the jaiye jaiye on the 2nd of January (as per New Year resolution things). Thank God for @Newmum0615, all the different questions she answered and points she made helped me select my NOC and prepare my reference letter. With CRS at 456, I got ITA on 10th January.

MEDICALS

I got the details for IOM Abuja from the thread and sent a mail on 11th. I was given an appointment for 22nd which was fine and gave me time to prepare myself. Everything went smoothly, doctors were friendly though a bit slow.

PCC
A friend whom I found out had gotten his PPR gave me a contact in Abuja. She came to my office to collect the fingerprints and brought the certificate to me when it was ready. Paid N15k

POF
I did a 6 month Treasury bill investment with First Bank, attached my bank statement for 6 months showing the outflow for the treasury bills as well as a reference letter. I scanned all of this as one document titled Proof of Funds (learnt this from the thread as well).

WORK EXPERIENCE

I had just changed jobs (different NOCs) and decided to use my previous job NOC. This one gave me headache oh and took a lot of time! Those who worked in Bank Operations know you don’t have a job function for an extended period of time. Finally found a job description on the thread that mirrored mine and got my reference in the CIC format. Also got a reference letter from my current employer. I scanned my previous job reference letter, previous job offer letter, confirmation letter, present job reference letter, offer letter, confirmation letter and one payslip as one document titled Proof of Work Experience. Both reference letters had the business cards of the supervisors attached.
For application submission, I used a dollar card as I didn’t want stories that touch. AOR February 22.

POST AOR
Medicals and BIL took almost 40days which was not the trend at the time. Finally Medicals passed and Biometrics given at VFS Abuja. I also got the process from the thread (See ehn, God go bless all of una, both the contributor and the contributee. Una try well well). Biometrics was uploaded same day. Then the waiting started.
See those Indian people, dem can give person heart attack. Just as they were discussing IP1 and IP2, I logged on to my profile to find out it had changed to IP1. Same day, @Joo2018 gave a dissertation on what that meant, I wanted to cry! But I encouraged myself in the Lord, of course my case is different!!! I had pasted on my laptop sticky notes, a PPR story that had a 28th Nov AOR and by 18th February had collected his passport. Every morning, I’ll look at it then check immitracker to see the trend.

Silence! Like, my profile did not shake. No ghost updates, no ADRs, nothing. Someone will ask a question here and I’ll start second guessing everything I did/uploaded. Someone asked another question and @Ladymarshall gave such a robust response that I decided to PM her. Told her my head was turningoninown and I needed to know what to focus on with regards to my preparations for the Canny life. People, that woman is sound! She gave me a workable list of things to focus on and my brain stopped doing gbish gbish. Anytime I was feeling some kind of way, I went back to that mail. Thanks babes. God bless you big time.
I raised a CSE after 3 months (found the process on the thread) to find out my Visa Office, Ottawa. Ok nah. I had no plans to request for GCMS notes, Team @Ifeoma77!!!
Silence. 4th Month, 5th Month, processing time exceeded 22nd August, 2019. It became real mehn. Sent a mail to Ralph’s office (found the email and format on the thread) on Friday to find out status. Was just antsy all weekend, couldn’t focus on anything. Monday still no change, Tuesday morning, raised another CSE stating that normal processing time had exceeded blah blah. Wasn’t satisfied so I finally buckled and requested for GCMS notes through my sister. Still wasn’t satisfied oh, told her to call on my behalf - Technical issues. If I hear it! Try again jare. She finally spoke to an agent who told her background checks was still ongoing but there were no issues with my file. This was already past 8pm. I grudgingly told her thank you.
I still couldn’t relax, couldn’t sleep. This PPR thing ehn! I switched off my data and played Candy crush on my phone from 9pm to 1:44 am, still no sleep. I was like wait oh, na this time PPR mail dey drop make I check again. Switched on my data and pampam, Ready for Visa Mail!!!! You can guess how the rest of the night went.
First thing this morning, VFS Abuja to submit my passport (found the process on the thread) before they change their mind.

I promised myself every time I checked the thread to read PPR stories that I was going to pay it forward, so I apologize for the length of this report. Had to reactivate my profile to post this.
Newbies I kept repeating “found the process on the thread” because of the repetitive questions for issues that have already been answered severally. Questions are welcome as long as they add to the general body of knowledge not repetitive questions that just serve to clog up the conversation. Please take time to read through, save pertinent information in formats that are easily accessible to you and this process will become really easy to you.
Thank you to the MVPs who keep answering questions and help make this process less stressful. God is waiting for you guys in the Mapleland. The blessings in store for you ehn….. God bless you real good.
It has ended in praise.

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DexterousOne(m): 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
adeco:
8First of all, as a member of the silent readers association, I’ll like to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. See ehn, we fight when everyone is fighting, we settle quarrels in our minds, we laugh at @Ifeoma77’s quips and nod in concurrence/amazement at @Ladymarshall’s write ups. We dance when @Yemiblaze unleashes his new and improved shekere belly dancers for PPR updates, We silently remind @Topsmamen of answers to questions he’s responded to a hundred times before and just wonder in astonishment when @Joo2018 links some new pertinent information, like Bros we dey hail oh!!!

Timeline
IELTS: L,R,W,S – (8.5,9,7,cool – 2nd August 2018
ECA: WES - (Masters): 27th December 2018
Score: 456
EE Profile: 2nd January 2019
ITA: 10th January 2019
Medicals: IOM Abuja
PCC: Abuja
AOR: 22nd February 2019
MEP/BIL: 10th April 2019
Biometrics: 15th April 2019
PPR: 27th August 2019
VO: Ottawa
Single Applicant

Decision to Travel
Guys, I’ve seen people who are living la vida loca in this country, houses on point, top notch jobs and careers, flying from one country to the other for vacation, summer, and Christmas. They have their family support system around and can enjoy all the Ofada rice and bokotor that their hearts (and stomachs) can contain. Them get two head I always believed that there was money to be made here and that it was better to hustle here than go be a second class citizen in another man’s country. So you can imagine how unwilling I was to commence this journey.
First I heard of the Canadian Permanent Residence program was in 2012 through a senior colleague who just upped and resigned. Ahhhhh brother show me the way! He gave me the contact of his Canadian immigration lawyer who asked me to go and learn French. Shooooo, se na by force? Then in 2016, another friend told me about the Express entry process saying he just spoke to some immigration consultant in Lekki and that it had been improved upon. Really? Oya guy, give me the number sharply! I called and the consultant explained the process, asked some questions and said I was qualified. All I had to do was write IELTS and pay for their services. Tor, how much? Oga started calling million million, imagine, in this economy? Commot for road jare.
Then my baby sister processed her admission to a Canadian university and stumbled on this thread in the process. Baby girl started to disturb my life, just check it out naaaa. I said laye, who has time to be reading for English exam. Omo, the day I went to drop her off at the airport, my eyes cleared. I said ok, this is the condition – I’ll write the IELTS. If I pass on the first trial that means I’m meant to do this.

IELTS
Thank God I hadn’t visited the thread, my heart for cut! I registered for the exam and studied using the online resources only. Practiced my listening, reading and speaking. Two days to the exam, I realised I would have to write 2 essays. Yekpa! Ran to YouTube, and checked out the band 9 videos, what were the rules? Learnt what I could and left the rest to God. It was when I got to the centre that I realised this was some serious ishhhhh! People were rewriting for the umpteenth time, Father! I just put my head down, did my best using the rules I had learnt and the result came out great on the first trial. That meant I was in, no retreat no surrender. On to the next.

ECA
I finally came to the thread in Part 6 and read all the way from part 1 – part 6. Saved the different pertinent information I got on word documents and created an EE folder on my laptop. I used WES and evaluated my MBA. This process almost frustrated me. My transcript plug in OAU Ife turned out to be a fraudster who had been sacked for eating peoples’ monies for transcript, N28k went down the drain. No problem, we move. Got someone else who finally processed it for me. I sent my NECO certificate using the info I got from the thread, it was very straight forward. Unfortunately, the guy at the Abuja office told me he had no input with when it was going to be sent from Minna and I was on my own. Got another contact for Minna from the thread, called and he was asking for plenty money like that. By then, my patience and pocket was running low. I refused to send anything, las las WES acknowledged receipt and I got my report after Christmas. 4 full months after!
I created my EE profile after the jaiye jaiye on the 2nd of January (as per New Year resolution things). Thank God for @Newmum0615, all the different questions she answered and points she made helped me select my NOC and prepare my reference letter. With CRS at 456, I got ITA on 10th January.

MEDICALS

I got the details for IOM Abuja from the thread and sent a mail on 11th. I was given an appointment for 22nd which was fine and gave me time to prepare myself. Everything went smoothly, doctors were friendly though a bit slow.

PCC
A friend whom I found out had gotten his PPR gave me a contact in Abuja. She came to my office to collect the fingerprints and brought the certificate to me when it was ready. Paid N15k

POF
I did a 6 month Treasury bill investment with First Bank, attached my bank statement for 6 months showing the outflow for the treasury bills as well as a reference letter. I scanned all of this as one document titled Proof of Funds (learnt this from the thread as well).

WORK EXPERIENCE

I had just changed jobs (different NOCs) and decided to use my previous job NOC. This one gave me headache oh and took a lot of time! Those who worked in Bank Operations know you don’t have a job function for an extended period of time. Finally found a job description on the thread that mirrored mine and got my reference in the CIC format. Also got a reference letter from my current employer. I scanned my previous job reference letter, previous job offer letter, confirmation letter, present job reference letter, offer letter, confirmation letter and one payslip as one document titled Proof of Work Experience. Both reference letters had the business cards of the supervisors attached.
For application submission, I used a dollar card as I didn’t want stories that touch. AOR February 22.

POST AOR
Medicals and BIL took almost 40days which was not the trend at the time. Finally Medicals passed and Biometrics given at VFS Abuja. I also got the process from the thread (See ehn, God go bless all of una, both the contributor and the contributee. Una try well well). Biometrics was uploaded same day. Then the waiting started.
See those Indian people, dem can give person heart attack. Just as they were discussing IP1 and IP2, I logged on to my profile to find out it had changed to IP1. Same day, @Joo2018 gave a dissertation on what that meant, I wanted to cry! But I encouraged myself in the Lord, of course my case is different!!! I had pasted on my laptop sticky notes, a PPR story that had a 28th Nov AOR and by 18th February had collected his passport. Every morning, I’ll look at it then check immitracker to see the trend.

Silence! Like, my profile did not shake. No ghost updates, no ADRs, nothing. Someone will ask a question here and I’ll start second guessing everything I did/uploaded. Someone asked another question and @Ladymarshall gave such a robust response that I decided to PM her. Told her my head was turningoninown and I needed to know what to focus on with regards to my preparations for the Canny life. People, that woman is sound! She gave me a workable list of things to focus on and my brain stopped doing gbish gbish. Anytime I was feeling some kind of way, I went back to that mail. Thanks babes. God bless you big time.
I raised a CSE after 3 months (found the process on the thread) to find out my Visa Office, Ottawa. Ok nah. I had no plans to request for GCMS notes, Team @Ifeoma77!!!
Silence. 4th Month, 5th Month, processing time exceeded 22nd August, 2019. It became real mehn. Sent a mail to Ralph’s office (found the email and format on the thread) on Friday to find out status. Was just antsy all weekend, couldn’t focus on anything. Monday still no change, Tuesday morning, raised another CSE stating that normal processing time had exceeded blah blah. Wasn’t satisfied so I finally buckled and requested for GCMS notes through my sister. Still wasn’t satisfied oh, told her to call on my behalf - Technical issues. If I hear it! Try again jare. She finally spoke to an agent who told her background checks was still ongoing but there were no issues with my file. This was already past 8pm. I grudgingly told her thank you.
I still couldn’t relax, couldn’t sleep. This PPR thing ehn! I switched off my data and played Candy crush on my phone from 9pm to 1:44 am, still no sleep. I was like wait oh, na this time PPR mail dey drop make I check again. Switched on my data and pampam, Ready for Visa Mail!!!! You can guess how the rest of the night went.
First thing this morning, VFS Abuja to submit my passport (found the process on the thread) before they change their mind.

I promised myself every time I checked the thread to read PPR stories that I was going to pay it forward, so I apologize for the length of this report. Had to reactivate my profile to post this.
Newbies I kept repeating “found the process on the thread” because of the repetitive questions for issues that have already been answered severally. Questions are welcome as long as they add to the general body of knowledge not repetitive questions that just serve to clog up the conversation. Please take time to read through, save pertinent information in formats that are easily accessible to you and this process will become really easy to you.
Thank you to the MVPs who keep answering questions and help make this process less stressful. God is waiting for you guys in the Mapleland. The blessings in store for you ehn….. God bless you real good.
It has ended in praise.

Congratulations to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
adeco:

First of all, as a member of the silent readers association, I’ll like to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. See ehn, we fight when everyone is fighting, we settle quarrels in our minds, we laugh at @Ifeoma77’s quips and nod in concurrence/amazement at @Ladymarshall’s write ups. We dance when @Yemiblaze unleashes his new and improved shekere belly dancers for PPR updates, We silently remind @Topsmamen of answers to questions he’s responded to a hundred times before and just wonder in astonishment when @Joo2018 links some new pertinent information, like Bros we dey hail oh!!!

I Had to reactivate my profile to post this.
In the midst of the mutual funds brouhaha that we have been battling came a breath of fresh air and the most hilarious intro I have read all season. I can see why you got IELTS in the bag on first sitting, if you were not a banker, you for be one sound writer we all do look up to. The greatest joy is the bolded in the quoted text. Please let us just do better and get the information we need from the thread. Congratulations bro, go and flex with your sister in our dream country grin.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tydoris: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
Yemsot:

I used ICES. First ICES does not need WAEC. Also if you have uploaded your credentials online, you don't need to send photocopies again. And there is no need for WAEC scratch card.
I hope you have not applied for WAEC transcript for ICES?

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
grin grin grin
majamisile:

In the midst of the mutual funds brouhaha that we have been battling came a breath of fresh air and the most hilarious intro I have read all season.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
Awww! I am so so happy for you. Congratulations!!! I swear I thought you had landed o. Planned to email you in a few days to yab you that you didn't share the story with us grin grin Wow! So happy for you.

You write really well. Thanks for sharing and your write-up is interesting especially the intro cheesy You score 9.5/10.

All the best in Canny. I look forward to meeting you on the other side.

adeco:

It has ended in praise.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
adeco:

Congratulations!! You have done very well and have given good experience to help others.

I promise to do same when I get mine.

Sorry but I will be asking you guys loads of questions over the next coming days... and weeks as I know others will benefit as well so please do not get tired of me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
RR is contained in the GCMS notes or sometimes Ralph's email (although his responses are more general), GCMS shows a truer picture. It's usually noted where the VO or case processing agent have some concerns or need further review. Most times, it can be resolved quickly if the applicant raises a CSE or calls to address it. Some VO heads can turnoninown and instead for requesting ADR or sending procedural fairness, they just reject straight. So knowing RR issues can be helpful in some cases.

majamisile:

This would have been a speedy application for you and I know it will still be one. Sorry to ask, was the RR noted somewhere in your application or you got a letter from Sydney just as people get ADR? How exactly did you get the RR? I'm asking because what we have been used to is ADR and not RR so I and I'm sure others will want to know the nature of RR.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
CanadianFan:

Congratulations!! You have done very well and have given good experience to help others.

Sorry but I will be asking you guys loads of questions over the next coming days... and weeks as I know others will benefit as well so please do not get tired of me.
use google and the nairaland search button first though. Some of your questions are there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
No we can't get tired of you. We encourage asking questions but please check the thread history in the search section/page 1/CIC website/google for the answer first before you ask the question, so we don't get tired of you grin grin

CanadianFan:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
@ bold is not true. All the tests go to Canada. Their medical report requirements are the same for all their designated hospitals

Iyabejilantilan:
Thanks for your swift response. Trust me I have done a lot of research, I even came across that site during my research. What I noticed is most of the information are from people from other countries and I gathered from my research that tests carried out is peculiar to each country (I don't know how true that is) which is why I decided to ask here since we are all nigerians.quote author=ednut1 post=81666542]https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/hepatitis-b-detected-in-medicals-please-help.467215/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
There is an immigration information session in Paris on the 03/10/2019.

See the site:
https://form.amb-canada.fr/visas/horaire_single-en.php?sd=10_03_2019-9_00_am

Information on the event isgotten here:
http://www.destination-canada-forum-emploi.ca/sessions.php?lang=en

I plan to attend as they will provide info on :Destination Canada Mobility Forum whih takes place in November -- Recruiters will be there .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-foreign-worker/french-speaking-bilingual-workers-outside-quebec/destination-canada.html

and a chance to meet representatives from provinces etc
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-foreign-worker/french-speaking-bilingual-workers-outside-quebec/destination-canada/about.html

Has anyone attended any of these sessions in the past?

I promise to share any info I get.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Professional PhD

Purplestorm:
Hi guys, please are there any professional courses that can help law graduates improve their crs score. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by igwillions: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
raylady:
Hello, I am new here. A little update on my PR Journey;

WES Submission: May 2nd 2019.
WES ECA Feedback: July 9, 2019
IELTS Exam: August 1, 2019
Created EE Profile: August 20, 2019 (Score 491)
ITA: August 20, 2019
Booked QLife Medicals: 16th September, 2019

Now in the process of gathering my documents. Hopefully this should be fun.

Chineke! shocked shocked shocked Which kind intimidation be this cry? See score without PNP o. You have Ph.D or what?
God let my POF blow like this grin.
Wish you a speedy process.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
It really depends on the VO. Some here have gotten PPR with just the certificate. Others have had to provide the certificate, bank statement showing the outflow and the source of the funds (in most cases, gift deed). To be safe, provide the evidence of the source of the funds as well.

Alosezele:
Hello guru in the house
I need your guidance here!
am using Treasury bill as my proof of funds, and this investment has been made way before even opening the express entry profile, if I eventually gets ITA, will I still be asked for any other back up documents aside my treasury bill certificate? I mean evidence to prove the source of money I invested in the first place?

Pls I need some urgent response �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
Keep trying or use another line or try at a different time. People called CIC today and got through.

Mimi1999:

You don’t get. I called and was told they stopped attending to PR matters over the phone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
You're falling my hand seriously. You're in Europe, haba! The culture here is to research first before asking. You should know the cold silence or stare you get when you ask very obvious questions that google or a page history can answer. Stop this thing grin

CanadianFan:

I am from a background and live in an environment where people ask question when in doubt.

Maybe you do nor have that. Sorry.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
grin grin grin

Tina26:
where is it stated you must inform the person undecided ordinary pm the whole world should know ba
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
It is advised especially if your VO will be Accra. Some at Accra who have submitted payslips and reference letter have been asked to provide bank statements

pandora1:
Please can someone advice me one the below:

I'm claiming one year work experience from a former employer and I plan to attach bank statement/payslip to show salary earned.

Kindly advice if I need to attach for the last six months I was employed there. Thanks a bunch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
ladymarshall:
You're falling my hand seriously. You're in Europe, haba! The culture here is to research first before asking. You should know the cold silence or stare you get when you ask very obvious questions that google or a page history can answer. Stop this thing grin

Well, there is something called first hand experience, which is what I am looking for. You might live in a little hole as you are the only one that has responded impolitely among the many people that have responded to me positively on this forum.

I started on Monday and I will probably have more information on this by September.

I leave you in peace if that is how you are.

I have learnt a lot from others on here.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
See this sample https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/100#78877824

pearlobi:
Hi guys.
Pls I saw some post about my question in past sections, but I can't find it again. That's why I'm posting this now.

It's about my proof of funds. My husband provided half and we got half from my mum. We have a gift deed from mum, but my husband is insisting that we need to a letter of irrevocable gift from him to cover his contribution.

Pls can someone help with a format for a letter to show my husband's contribution
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Good Evening All,

Anyone with any study materials for TEF?

I would like to take both IELTS and TEF Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jemidun: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hi All,

Please does WES evaluate any of the below

1. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
2. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
3. Scalable IP (NRS1)

Thanks for your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.