Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1045468 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Congrats, may Canada favour you.

orenishii:
And it's PPR finally!

It's been 10 months and a few weeks on this journey and forgive me that this news won't be so dramatic. It's been a long wait and am thankful that it's all over!

Timeline
AOR:September 30, 2018
IELTS: BC- L8, S7, W7, R 9 (2nd attempt as the first one expired in the process)
ECA: WES for foreign LLM
Clinic: The Children's Practice
Biometrics/MED: 29th October 2018
How to find a Job in Canada Email: November 14, 2018

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Efeosa5(f): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ok, thank u
Testimony2019:
Yes itts 5k for verification in my institution
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Congrats, may Canada favour you and yours.
snoop4dem:
Hey Guys,

My application has been approved and here is my timeline; My story doesn't do justice to it cos after waiting for a while, I got tired and de-motivated:

TIMELINE:

[b]CELPIP: 05th July 2018 LRWS 10/12/8/9
IELTS: 30 Jun 2018 LRWS-8.0/6.5/7.5/7.5
ITA: July 25 2018 (CRS 442)
AOR: Aug 31 2018
[/b]

Visa Office: CIO Sydney
MEDICAL PASSED/BIL: SEPT 2018

GHOST UPDATE: [/b] SEPT 2018 and NOV 2018 (It was approved in Nov at this time with all checks as passed. Later got to know from my GCMS notes)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Potentiala1: 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
Thank you, I appreciate.
ednut1:
kindly delete his number and flee from scam. i still don't understand how people can confidently scam a fellow man/nigeria chai.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Damdad(f): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2019
Good day, please I want to use a gift of deed as pof from my mother in law. Can she send the money to me directly since am the primary applicant or she has to send it to her son(my husband ) , then he transfers it to my account ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hobyno: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
Potentiala1:
Hello Good people in the House, I'm very delighted about wonderful contributions of these trends. Am a newbie to this trend. Please I need your advice on the following issues;

(1) is it possible for someone residing in Canada make submission on behalf another person who residents in Nigeria?

(2)At the point of filling submission in canada, could there be any fee to be paid? If yes, could it be cash?

(3)I had an encounter with someone, who promised to assist but he has to pay the following fee to Canada embassy: Start up visa ,means this is your first time applying for Canada visa
So everything about the visa will cost you 1540$
Processing fee is 1050$
And permanent residence right fee is 490$.

Kindly read his claims:

Pay to this account details below;

(a)Account Name: Justice N. Akligo
Account Number: 6369954
Bank Name: TD Canada Trust
Institution number: 004
Branch number: 32836
Bank Address: 2608 Innes Road, Gloucester, ON. K1B4Z6

(b)Only cash deposit allow
No transfer
Because i have show the payment prove

(c)when you are paying for summation fee , payment is being done cash not deposit or transfer

(d) i provide account where the deposit can be made ,and it will be withdraw instantly

(e)You have to have an appointment with the Embassy before you make use of their account.

Please Kindly advice!!!

Read page 1 the application is Do it yourself dont allow yourself to be scammed by your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by crispviv: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hello Guys, please i need your help. I worked as an Auditor for one year with a big four firm. Can i use NOC 1111 for financial auditors and accountants as i am not Chatered.

Am confused because it says auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for Chatered Professional accountants. What does this mean? Does anyone know someone who used this NOC without being Chatered.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Thats NOC 1111. You are correct. You job details are that of an auditor etc. Chartered doesn't matter.

crispviv:
Hello Guys, please i need your help. I worked as an Auditor for one year with a big four firm. Can i use NOC 1111 for financial auditors and accountants as i am not Chatered.

Am confused because it says auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for Chatered Professional accountants. What does this mean? Does anyone know someone who used this NOC without being Chatered.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by G4lady: 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
See eh Skmoda360, I did mine myself using www.cic.gc.ca as my Bible. I discovered this thread only after I had completed my Biometrics. As far as you are educated and have the zeal to travel outta Nigeria using EE, no information will be to difficult for you to assimilate besides having NL is a plus for you. People like me never had anyone to ask questions, I & my family almost missed doing Medicals because I thought it was to be done post AOR, but God in his Mercies while I was reading through the cic site on a glorious day directed me the page when i confirmed it was Pre AOR.

Skmoda360:

He said 1.2m but I will pay the first 200k for visa processing.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by QueenJoeffrey: 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hello people...
Please can one apply for Express Entry while schooling in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by IzzyAde: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2019
I am still a novice and just doing my ECA but i and hubby might have a similar case like yours. So this is what we plan to do... We are not totally sure on who will be the PA yet but when we get our gift deed from our parents, the money will be paid to the accompanying spouse account. Then the accompanying spouse will do a gift deed to the PA which we will notarize and also show transfer evidence, we thought about this option because we felt it might look akward for your inlaw to gift you 100%.. You can wait for other experienced people's opinion also. I wish you all the best

Damdad:
Good day, please I want to use a gift of deed as pof from my mother in law. Can she send the money to me directly since am the primary applicant or she has to send it to her son(my husband ) , then he transfers it to my account ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Leepar: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
EOR... i followed my gut, just got a mail woth my new scores after the remark LRWS 8.0,8.0,7.0,7.5 God is too amazing writing got upgraded to 7.0 Crs now stands at 473 based on factors eg masters etc.. so happy and thankful to God and also to naira land for even gathering the courage for a remark.. days of fasting and self doubt, Eor took roughly 9 days to come out..

Sent it and followed up with Australia the next day immediately.. Mod guys need that push im so happy i went with my gut feeling.. first time writer of ielts btw but i studied for like 2mnths consistently.. cambridge materials helped and liz for my writing.. i wish everyone the best in their ielts journey.

Elated is an understatement

Leepar:
I wrote my ielts with Mod on the 27th of July and the result came out so LRWS- 8,8,6.5,7.5 however i feel i wrote properly to at least get a 7 or even a 7.5 in writing, i dont know if its a good idea to request a remark /Eor on my result as theres a strong conviction my writing was better than this.. so an Eor on both writing and speaking for good measure... i need advice on this and also how do i follow up with idp Australia when i have requested and Eor..

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
I am genuinely happy for you. Peep that CRS score!
Time to strut on the ITA runaway!

Leepar:
EOR remark LRWS 8.0,8.0,7.0,7.5
God is too amazing writing got upgraded to 7.0
Crs now stands at 473.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dan90s: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
QueenJoeffrey:
Hello people...

Absolutely! I’m doing the same

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
You definitely can.
I believe studying in Canada gives you an extra 30 points.

cc:Dan90s

QueenJoeffrey:
Hello people...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mummychichi: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
IzzyAde:
I am still a novice and just doing my ECA but i and hubby might have a similar case like yours. So this is what we plan to do... We are not totally sure on who will be the PA yet but when we get our gift deed from our parents, the money will be paid to the accompanying spouse account. Then the accompanying spouse will do a gift deed to the PA which we will notarize and also show transfer evidence, we thought about this option because we felt it might look akward for your inlaw to gift you 100%.. You can wait for other experienced people's opinion also. I wish you all the best

I don't think there's need for this plenty process. Your in law can transfer to you directly as the PA, afterall its for you and their child. Those guys don't reason like us. I think someone has dine it here. Make i check. Seniors can weigh in please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by QueenJoeffrey: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
Stencil:
You definitely can.

Thank you Stencil
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by QueenJoeffrey: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Great. Can I PM you?

Dan90s:

Absolutely! I’m doing the same
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dan90s: 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
Stencil:
You definitely can.

You only get the points (15) if you have graduated. In my case I have a graduate diploma and I’m now doing my Mba so I get the 15
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
Quick tip as several people have made this mistake..

When you get to this question : Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?
Answer NO, you won't get points if you answer Yes.

Good luck

QueenJoeffrey:

Thank you Stencil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nasachuky(f): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
Please I'm asking for a friend.

Her application was refused on the 30th of Aug, she used NYSC as work experience and attached only the payment that was made by the school where she did her primary assignment stating that she was paid 60k for accommodation and 5k monthly for transport. She mailed the visa office (Ottawa) to reconsider her application. She uploaded the nysc allowee account and posting letter. Please is there anything else she can do so that her application can be reopened again? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by empresscupid01(f): 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
[quote author=Eniolakate post=81850925]Why was Stanbic Mutual funds rejected, please? I am planning to use this as my POF

I am not sure that her application was rejected solely on that basis. when you use stanbic mutual funds there are other things you should attach like the 6months statement for that investment account, the investment certificate and ensure that the reference letter from the bank indicate that you have full access to the funds anytime. A lot of people have used this and have not been rejected

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by orenishii: 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
Vicolak:
Congrats, may Canada favour you.

Amen! Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dan90s: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
QueenJoeffrey:
Great. Can I PM you?

I’ve replied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DeeCan: 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hello beautiful people, good evening and hope you all had a great day?
First off, MOD has moved from the address at Ramat Crescent, Ogudu to No 3, Ade Ajayi Street, Off Zone A4, Pako, Ogudu. That is their permanent site from the information pasted on the gate of the old address.

Secondly, I had my medicals at Q-Life family clinic today and I must say it is true Lagos people don't sleep. The first name on the list was written at 4:44 am, like the person wrote the name at the time when I was still sleeping to go for same medicals. If you check Page 1 of the thread, the post on Q-Life medical by the moniker @Nobody is pretty much accurate about the whole process. Let me try to just add to the information there.
USA and Canada medicals are grouped together and the whole process is the same for both. However, while US medicals require 5 passport photographs of a different format, Canada requires only 1 passport photograph. Another point to note for Canada medical is that your photograph may be rejected, even with white background. I had copies of my photographs with me but all were rejected with good reasons. They were rejected as a result of some bevels and lines on the surface which were noticed right there by me too. The good news is that there is a photographer right there in the clinic compound who will take the pictures for you in the right format. It costs 1000 for 8 copies.
After this, you can go into the clinic and sit while you wait for your name to be called. The whole medical process is sort of long, so you have to be patient. The medical personnel at Q Life Family Clinic are very courteous and professional, so you have nothing to worry about. Like in the post by @Nobody, you will only be given 3 tallies while US will be given 4 (a yellow one). Don't bother yourself with that as it doesn't concern you, the yellow is for US immunization.
As a further addition, please endeavour to rest well before going for the medicals the night prior to your appointment. Apparently, a good night rest is crucial to having a "normal" blood pressure. Again, the nurses and doctors are great professionals so you have nothing to worry about. The whole process is straightforward and simplified. I was there for a period of almost 6 hours, so patience is key.

On leaving Q Life, I took a Napep to Eko Hotel, then Obalende and Passport office to Alagbon Force Headquarters to see ASP Moshood. Please try calling him before meeting with him, he's a really nice man. You will meet policemen on uniform trying to "corner" you from him, maintain that you are there to see him and he is expecting you. One even told me he had gone to Abuja on studying that he was his boy, na lie. Pay no mind to them. He gets right to the business. He has people working with him, so you are in and out in about 45 minutes. The fee for the PCC is now 5000 for Canada I was told. Please remember to confirm your details before you leave.

All in all, it was a great day. All the best to everyone on this journey. It will all end in praise by God's grace. Thanks to this thread for the priceless information. We are plenty on this thread ooo, the lady that sat next to me during PCC was also reading through while we sat. The information here is limitless and you can get any answer you seek, provided you are ready for the heavy lifting.
N.B. Please find attached the notice on the gate of MOD's former office.

29 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Btari: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hello guys, good evening
I have been a member of the silent readers association for a while now but something happened today and I decided to share to be an inspiration to someone else.
I was reading through this thread this morning and saw this post by @populargingo on MOD DIP IELTS remarking.
My 1st attempt on IELTS was LRWS 7.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5 (BC) 29 June. I didn't bother remarking.
My 2nd attempt was LRWS 8.5, 7, 7, 6.5 (MOD) 1st Aug
Hubby insisted we process EOR immediately for the speaking component onlyand we did on the 14th of August (same day we saw the results).
After about a week I got an email that my EOR request has been uploaded to the EOR team.
On seeing @populargingo post on EOR this morning, I figured I missed the part where I was supposed to send a follow up mail to IDP Australia and copy IDP Nigeria and I did that without wasting another minute. In an hour
IDP Nigeria emailed me that they would escalate my request, in about 3hours IDP Australia emailed me that my request had been received, processed and completed and sent to my test centre. I became anxious as to why I haven't heard from my test centre but I decided to wait till tomorrow before I contact them again.
I couldn't contain my joy when I checked my mail at about 5:30pm today and saw an email informing me to fill out an attached form for my refund. I immediately checked online and my results came out as LRWS 8.5, 7, 7, 7.5.
The essence of this post is to inspire someone, don't hesitate to go for re-evaluation if you are sure of yourself
A big thank you to everyone on this thread for their immense contribution. You really don't know what you do for us.

[quote author=PopularGingo post=81784560]I'm making this post because i've seen few people ask get no reply (Maybe i missed it). I've shared my experience in the past but doing it one more time won't hurt. I wrote IELTS for the 2nd time in April 2019 and got LRWS - 8.5, 7.5, 6.5, 7.5. based on advice and the confidence i had that i wrote well, i applied for a remark and got upgraded to 7.5.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DexterousOne(m): 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nasachuky:
Please I'm asking for a friend.

Her application was refused on the 30th of Aug, she used NYSC as work experience and attached only the payment that was made by the school where she did her primary assignment stating that she was paid 60k for accommodation and 5k monthly for transport. She mailed the visa office (Ottawa) to reconsider her application. She uploaded the nysc allowee account and posting letter. Please is there anything else she can do so that her application can be reopened again? Thank you.

Did she submit a reference letter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nasachuky(f): 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
DexterousOne:

Did she submit a reference letter?

Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nasachuky:

Yes
nawa. So what was the actual reason for refusal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mobilipia(f): 11:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
Hello house.
Pls if you work in an organization for 3 years and go for studies that last 3yrs 6months and still come back to that same organization,pls how many reference letter will you submit? And how are you going to explain the 3 yrs Gap ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.