Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1046940 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DexterousOne(m): 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Jbelieve:

Hi what about OND and BSC is it two more certificates.

100 %

It counts as two or more certs

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DexterousOne(m): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lukina4real:
This thing is going high na. Why 463 again.

I wonder o

The competition is getting really really stiff

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
Congratulations to all ITA recipients. May the journey get smoother from here.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hephzibah2018: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
[quote author=amaya21 post=81915716]If you are pre ITA you can delete your husband's work experience to avoid getting a reference and other proof from his work. It doesn't add any points.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
There is nothing implicating in the post I quoted. It is a genuine question that can be of benefit to someone else in the same predicament.

majamisile:

@justwise has done that already Stencil. If you read the post, I clearly stated I was going to bring it down after a while. You can also edit the Damdad quote where you advised same. Thanks for the concern Sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Djoto(f): 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hello everyone, please, I am a bit confused regarding what name I should use to apply at wes for evaluation of my credentials. Should I use my present married name or my maiden name which appears on my credentials? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
My people, my week of grace has be crowned with ITA after the good news from work.

43 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Sannisege: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
venorite:
My people, my week of grace has be crowned with ITA after the good news from work.
congratulations. I wish you many more wins

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by empresscupid01(f): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Please I got a mail saying that theres a new message in my account but when I checked the account, nothing had changed. What could this mean?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kexepet: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
Thread is so dry.. this ITA score did not favor most people. It will end in praise.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Djoto(f): 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
venorite:

Awww....Congratulations!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by dunmidunmi: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
Good evening everyone. i am new to nairaland. please i need advice on proof of funds. I already received ITA and i sold a property I inherited to fund it. I have the documents to back up the fact that it is mine. My question is can i use the money to buy treasury bills and submit as POF within a week ? shoud i just submit my six months statement with the funds in it and then buy treasury bills after submission incase i get an ADR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Sannisege: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
empresscupid01:
Please I got a mail saying that theres a new message in my account but when I checked the account, nothing had changed. What could this mean?
What stage are you? Pre/Post ITA/AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PucciGuru(m): 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2019
empresscupid01:

Scroll down ...you will see the message you have ..in pdf
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by 1mole1: 10:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
Good day great people. My friend wants to go for PNP but I told him he doesn't need it. I'm here to seek your opinion.

He's 30 with only Bsc Education and 1 year Nysc experience. I told him to go for PGD because masters will take almost 2 years but the issue is that whether its masters or PGD, he'd still not have enough points because 1 and 2 years experience have the same points using the CRS calculator.

Please what do you suggest as he can't wait 2 more years just to get experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
1mole1:
Good day great people. My friend wants to go for PNP but I told him he doesn't need it. I'm here to seek your opinion.

He's 30 with only Bsc Education and 1 year Nysc experience. I told him to go for PGD because masters will take almost 2 years but the issue is that whether its masters or PGD, he'd still not have enough points because 1 and 2 years experience have the same points using the CRS calculator.

Doing a short certification course like CIMA and BCS can give him two or more certificates instead of using a whole year to do PGD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Torkwase1(f): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
Guys, it's PPR!!! Gist loading. Ottawa has released me from its shackes !!!

64 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tessie89: 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
Pls house, anybody with idp Abeokuta center shld pls share their experience.

Thank u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
1mole1:

pgd cima bcs etc plus french
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Torkwase1(f): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
PPR IS HERE!!!

LONG, LONG PPR GIST.

This journey started in February 2018. A friend who's in Canada introduced Express Entry to me, tried to convince me to give it a try. He sent me the NOC and WES links. I had always toyed with the idea of leaving Nigeria, but I wasn't really ready, so I didn't do anything immediately.
A few days later, I heard one of our colleagues would soon leave with her family to Canada. I said ehn, is it that serious? Then a close friend from Uni left. I started giving EE a serious thought then.

My friend in Canada introduced me to an immigration lawyer that she used, Abrams and Kroschak. Then, I didn't know I could do it myself. That's how I sent 500 dollars to the agency as deposit. Well, they sent me an initial package of ducuments to fill, which I will pay another 1000 dollars before submission, apart from other payments o. Hey God. I don't have this type of money o.

NAIRALAND TO THE RESCUE
By a stroke of luck and grace, I stumbled upon the nairaland EE thread. I read several chapters, page by page, and watched YouTube Videos.
Then I realized, babe, people are doing this thing themselves o. I sent a mail to the Agent that I'm no longer doing. That's how I lost 500 dollars.

At this time, I had already sent documents for WES evaluation, and in my ignorance, I evaluated both 1st and Masters degree. See ehn, ignorance is costly.
By the time I met Nairaland EE thread, I had many regrets, and was eager to learn as much as possible.

IELTS:
I didn't practice much for IELTS, never had time and just felt I could handle it. A few days to my test, a friend called and asked me how many tests I've practiced. I said about 6 or 7. He scolded me, said I should have practiced way more than that. I got scared, and tried to squeeze in 3 more tests before the test day. I wrote my test in pencil, answers all in capital letters except for Writing. Thank God it came out great.
L- 9
R- 8.5
S- 8
W- 7. 5

First ITA: AUGUST 22.
My score was 476. I had to decline this ITA after some weeks cos I couldn't complete my POF. Was to sell off a plot of land, the person who wanted to buy it couldn't pay in time.

MEDICALS:
IOM Abuja, pretty straight forward

Second ITA:
November 27. Land sold, money paid, everything was ready.

POF:
I did a fixed deposit in Fidelity Bank, uploaded FD certificates and added their generic reference letter. I had money in two other accounts, for which I presented statement of results.

AOR: December 11, 2018

VO: Ottawa. I was so happy that my file wasn't going to Accra. My processing will be sharp sharp. Hahahaa!! Ottawa had other plans as I would soon see.

MEP/BIL: January 24

THEN THE WAITING BEGAN.
I had joined a post-ITA Telegram group. People started receiving PPR, COPR, and giving landing gist. We were always excited to get the news. I was calm, my time would come soon. If only I knew what CIC had in store. Those with AOR's in the same period as me started getting their PPRs too, I was still stuck in MEP. When I clocked 6 MONTHS in June , I called CIC help centre. They put me on the usual long hold. I didn't know I didn't have enough credit, when the agent said "Your waiting time is 2 minutes", MTN told me, your call credit has been exhausted!!! I Wan cry! Next day, I loaded anough credit, and called again. They said they will check my file,
. Another month passed, no show. This time, I was about the only one in the group who didn't have PPR. Kudos to my members, who tried always to cheer me up.
7, 8 months post PPR, I applied for GCMS notes. When they later arrived, everything was fine, no problem anywhere.

SECOND MEDICALS
One day, I was with a friend and got an update on my account. We were both excited, thinking PPR had arrived. I opened it to see, MEDICALS! My first test had expired. I broke down in tears that day. I was tired. At that point, I just wanted CIC to say they declined my application, so I'll kukuma stay in Nigeria. Which kain delay be this?
Went to IOM, booked an appointment for September 3. Luckily, I was able to get an earlier date after going back to plead with them 'cos I had a trip coming up.

PPR- SEPTEMBER 4, 12:15 AM
I was on night duty in the office, when I saw the mail. I wasn't even thinking of CIC again at this point. Lo and behold, READY FOR VISA!!! I screamed, my body started twisting in crazy dance MOVES, I burst out singing "Halleluya Ogo Ni Fun Baba" off key. My colleagues were worried. What is it, what is it, I couldn't talk. At least not yet. They said, come back and focus on your work, I continued my solo singing. If only you know I'll soon leave you guys with this work!!!
Even though I did night and closed by 7am, by 10 I was out to submit my Passport at Silverbird.

MY MUM:
Initially my mother didn't want me to go. Her worry was, I'm not married yet, it will not be good, I may not get a husband in Canada. Well, what if I stay back and still don't get married in Nigeria? Let me not lose both ways. So I insisted, we prayed, and she's finally cool. But I know at the back of her mind, she still worries.

LESSONS
This journey taught be patience. Ha! I had a swift IELTS, I thought everything will be like that. For where. I learnt to accept that there are things I can't control, and I should just let them materialize at their time.
I started coaching a few people in IELTS writing and speaking. It's been a bit inconvenient, cos of my work and travel schedule, but it helped take my mind off the wait, and made me feel useful to other people.
Now that the Golden Mail is finally here, I am excited to start this new phase of my life.
Thank you Nairalanders, this group is a gem. And to imagine it is free. God bless you all. It ended in praise for me, it will for all who are waiting too.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Blaw70: 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
bukkie04:
mail oladelebuki@yahoo.com

Thank you, will get in touch soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
Congrats
subtleprincess:
It’s COPR Guys
Timeline:
1st IELTS – 11/11/17 – LRSW – 8, 8.5, 6.5, 7
2nd IELTS – 10/02/2018 – LRSW – 7.5, 8, 6.5, 6.5
3rd IELTS – 15/12/2018 – LRSW – 8.5, 9, 7, 7
1st WES – 31/07/2018
2nd WES – 11/12/2018
ITA – January 10th 2019
AOR – January 30th 2019
MED Passed – March 13th 2019
BIL – March 13th 2019
Ordered GCMS Notes – July 9th 2019
ADR – July 16th 2019
Submitted ADR – July 18th 2019
PPR – July 23rd 2019
Application Approved – August 5th 2019
COPR – August 20th 2019

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blissnenye: 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
A big congratulations to you @ Venorite. So happy for you

venorite:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Stencil:
There is nothing implicating in the post I quoted. It is a genuine question that can be of benefit to someone else in the same predicament.

Okay Sir. Noticed you have editted accordingly. Keep up the good work bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DexterousOne(m): 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
1mole1:

If the person has a business /economics background /accounting background

CIMA IS A GOOD FIT
Check out for the thread
I'm very active there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
venorite:

Congratulations venorite. IELTS, ITA, office good news all in one week grin. May the blessings continue.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2019
Torkwase1:
PPR IS HERE!!!
PPR- SEPTEMBER 4, 12:15 AM
I was on night duty in the office, when I saw the mail. I wasn't even thinking of CIC again at this point. Lo and behold, READY FOR VISA!!! I screamed, my body started twisting in crazy dance MOVES, I burst out singing "Halleluya Ogo Ni Fun Baba" off key. My colleagues were worried. What is it, what is it, I couldn't talk. At least not yet. They said, come back and focus on your work, I continued my solo singing. If only you know I'll soon leave you guys with this work!!!
Even though I did night and closed by 7am, by 10 I was out to submit my Passport at Silverbird.

MY MUM:
Initially my mother didn't want me to go. Her worry was, I'm not married yet, it will not be good, I may not get a husband in Canada. Well, what if I stay back and still don't get married in Nigeria? Let me not lose both ways. So I insisted, we prayed, and she's finally cool. But I know at the back of her mind, she still worries.
Congratulations dear. I can only just imagine how exhilarated you were when the mail finally dropped. Your colleagues go just dey wonder say wetin happen. As for mumsy, just tell her her daughter will be alright and she definitely shouldn't stop praying for her. May the new life be worth the wait.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2019
majamisile:

Congratulations venorite. IELTS, ITA, office good news all in one week grin. May the blessings continue.
Thanks chief, when ur tired from celebration. That’s how I feel
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dan90s: 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
blissnenye:
A big congratulations to you @ Venorite. So happy for you

Thank you ma
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Djoto:

Awww....Congratulations!!
Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Sannisege:
congratulations. I wish you many more wins
Thank you so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.