Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1045888 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by prettytasha(f): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2019
Tina26:
you can get the answer to question 1 on google or page 1. 2 within a month or two you should be able to secure a survival job.
thanks alot for your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by prettytasha(f): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2019
Eraytee:
My advice for you is to focus on getting The basic requirements for migrating to Canada (ECA &ielts). If you have only Bsc you should be planning on getting an additional certificate. Go to page one of the thread for more clarification. As for POF $7k is not enough. All info on page 1

I appreciate your fast response thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2019
Great that you requested gcms. Now the RR issue is now clearer. Do not be worried at all. For eligibility, you need 67pts and you're above that at 70pts, even higher than mine, 68. So you're good to go.

Another good thing is both job references are in your primary NOC and the JD as a Foreign project analyst matches your NOC. Had it been they were different NOCs and the JD as a Foreign Consultant which the officer has issues with is your primary NOC, I would have been really worried for you. But now, you're good.

The other good thing is you have 4 years experience as a Foreign project analyst, which means even if your work experience as a Foreign consultant which is the problematic one here is cancelled, you still have maximum points for work experience and your CRS scores will remain the same so go and relax and wait patiently for your PPR.

Had it been that the only work experience you submitted was as an FC which currently is a NOC mismatch, the appropriate response would have been for your HR to revise your reference letter, if indeed your duties correlates with the NOC. But in your case your FPA JD is good, it's in your primary NOC and still sufficient for your CRS scores. So taking that HR action is unnecessary.

So relax, what the VO would do if unsatisfied with the FC JD is to cancel it and use the FPA to recalculate your scores. There is a lady in May with this issue that got PPR. VO rejected one of her NOCs and recalculated her scores but because her overall CRS scores was still above the CRS draw score she got ITA with, she still got PPR. I won't post the link here because anti-spam bot has been overly sensitive banning my account anyhow grin But if you pm me, I can send her story to you.
psalmizt:

Hello everyone,

It has been quite a while. So I got my notes yesterday and mehn the thing is turnioniown. Anyways, turns out the RR was cos of my reference letter. I am yet to figure out a way out of this matter ooo.

A little background to my work history, so I have like 7years work experience in my primary NOC and somehow the issue is with the job duties of my first 3years. Owing to this, the case analyst adjusted my selection factor score from 72 to 70. The gurus in GCMS notes should help confirm if my interpretation is correct.

I dont think HR revising my reference is an appropriate response here. More so my HR won't change what's on file. Sadly the roles stated in the file is slightly different from actual job done. Still unsure of the best approach to this.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Matrix414: 8:31am On Sep 12, 2019
. kiss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2019
The number of years is what matters, if you have the max points for 3 years in one NOC, use only that
Enddystar:
Good morning house. I have been going through this thread for a while now. There are so many questions I would like to ask but start from the basics. Between ICES and WES, which is faster for ECA?

Secondly, I'm a banker and also a web developer/digital marketer managing social media ads for a private company here in Nigeria. I receive monthly pay from the company as well as from my regular job.

Questions
•Is there any advantage getting reference from both firms?
•If yes, will it raise eyebrows? And if No, will I have any advantage applying as an IT person as against banking?

My apologies for the numerous questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jaybye: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2019
Zinggi:

Yay!!!! It's PPR guys.....

OMG !!! It feels so surreal... I have been waiting for this mail longingly like a deer panting for water. I just couldn't wait to have it so badly that it became a need but I learnt what it means to be hopeful in the IRCC school of patience.

Honestly, I thought this long wait would dampen my spirit and kill every form of excitement but I was wrong. Just look at me checking my mail and smiling since I saw it.
This feeling is sweet...���.

Pure gratitude!!!

Olisa bi n'igwe, nara otito m
Eze eligwe, nara ekele ....oloro ihe loro enyi, aka mu di n'elu

Here's our timeline:

ITA: Jan 10, 2019

AOR: Feb 5, 2019

MEP: March 20, 2019

BIL: March 22, 2019

IP2: immediately after BIL

Raised GCMS in August, yet to get it

Ghost Update: September 11, 2019 (AM)

PPR: Sept 11, 2019 (PM)

Family Size: 3

Wow! Congrats to you and your hubby Zinngi. I am not only inspired by this PPR testimony but endeared to your family already. Losing even a kid is traumatic enough and I reckon the feeling of losing two in such a fashion as you did would be beyond description. I have witnessed it all. Thanks to God the Almighty for counting your loss as gain in the end!
May Canada favour you with all good things; a great job and Canadian triplets topmost! And for the superb alternating mix between English Igbo and Yoruba when your moniker suggests something from Plateau, that's quite impressive. Weldone!... Best regards once again.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2019
Replied smiley
Hephzibah2018:

Good morning sis, please check your email....I messaged you last night. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:40am On Sep 12, 2019
Thank you kiss kiss kiss. I missed being here but anti-spam bot doesn't like me too much grin
Ladywinterfell:

Mama is back kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2019
I wrote in Frankfurt and got great scores LRSW: 8.5, 8.5, 8, 8. Your examiner would be British. You should not worry about accents because even Germans struggle seriously in speaking with their accents just like Nigerians struggle with writing in ielts. The ietls national average score for speaking is low in Germany. So just be prepared, confident and fluent, as a native speaker, you have that advantage.

You need to step-up your writing game because generally Germans write English better than they speak so I think the standards might be higher for the writing module.

Prep for listening and speaking, normally. The GT exam is simpler but trickier than academic and the scoring is higher, so keep that in mind. All the best.

MoneYibo:
Hello all. Silent reader here. Please which is the fastest credential evaluation body? WES, IQAS, ICAS? I am a lawyer with a Master's in Law from a Dutch university and I will be submitting only the Master's for evaluation (I don't have the stamina for Naija institutions).

Also, does anybody have good experience (read: good grades) writing the IELTS General in Germany? I wrote the Academic in 2015 in Dortmund and my scores weren't great (L - 7.5, W - 6.5, R - 7, S - 7). To be fair though, I didn't prepare/study for that test AT ALL. I just went in with the mentality that I am a native speaker and was thoroughly humbled by the test. Should I wait and write IELTS when I'm in Nigeria in a couple of months, or brave Europeans and their misunderstanding of African accents and write the test in Germany/Netherlands/Belgium? I'm in my 30's so I need to max the scores. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Olha: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2019
Hello,

For those that use IQAS for assessment, how do I send signed application form and degree certificate to IQAS office?
Is there a fax number ?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ogerich22: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2019
Omega30:
De rien mon ami. Many of us here are undergoing online tutoring with the guy. He is patient, takes his time when teaching, gives class work & assignments. And also helps with study materials too: ebooks and e-files.
The beauty of it is even that one can book him depending on his availability: morning, afternoon or even night sessions.
please how do I contact him for french
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jaybye: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2019
ladymarshall:
Great that you requested gcms. Now the RR issue is now clearer. Do not be worried at all. For eligibility, you need 67pts and you're above that at 70pts, even higher than mine, 68. So you're good to go.

Another good thing is both job references are in your primary NOC and the JD as a Foreign project analyst matches your NOC. Had it been they were different NOCs and the JD as a Foreign Consultant which the officer has issues with is your primary NOC, I would have been really worried for you. But now, you're good.

The other good thing is you have 4 years experience as a Foreign project analyst, which means even if your work experience as a Foreign consultant which is the problematic one here is cancelled, you still have maximum points for work experience and your CRS scores will remain the same so go and relax and wait patiently for your PPR.

Had it been that the only work experience you submitted was as an FC which currently is a NOC mismatch, the appropriate response would have been for your HR to revise your reference letter, if indeed your duties correlates with the NOC. But in your case your FPA JD is good, it's in your primary NOC and still sufficient for your CRS scores. So taking that HR action is unnecessary.

So relax, what the VO would do if unsatisfied with the FC JD is to cancel it and use the FPA to recalculate your scores. There is a lady in May with this issue that got PPR. VO rejected one of her NOCs and recalculated her scores but because her overall CRS scores was still above the CRS draw score she got ITA with, she still got PPR. I won't post the link here because anti-spam bot has been overly sensitive banning my account anyhow grin But if you pm me, I can send her story to you.

The Lady Marshall for VO..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jackolala: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2019
wisdom4today:
Celebrating little victories. . . .

My efamily,

Join me to thank God oooooo!

I just collected my IELTS results. I wrote on 17th August with MOD.

I have been afraid about the bad experiences from many previous test takers. And that's one of the reasons I have hindered my spouse to come to this Nairaland group as she would be also writing this Saturday.

This is my first and last attempt oooo!

L : 8

R: 7.5

W: 7.0

S: 7.5

Overall band : 7.5

My materials:

I used IELTS Liz YouTube videos for my speaking , listening and writing tips. I also used Jay and Chris ( IELTS advantage ) videos for my writing.

As for reading, I just did a lot of practice using Cambridge 12 and 13 only.

Also for speaking, before the exam I wrote down and practiced over 20 cue card topics on a variety of subjects. It helped a lot during the test as several questions were about what I already practiced. I was just flowing and the examiner enjoyed the conversation we had.

I must say that the key to this exam is practice. Practice using Cambridge material. If you do well in the Cambridge tests you are bound to do well in the real exam.

In writing test, I started with task 2 and spent more time in task 2.

I also tried to proof read my work after writing.

Also, after writing, I used my eraser to clean and replace many key words with different but similar words in order to show the examiner my wide grammatical range. Please do this with caution ooo. Don't use any word that you are not sure about the spelling!

Appreciation:

I want to thank every member of this group and expecially wasseynewest. I was also part of his Whatsapp reading group before he moved Canada.
God bless him for his efforts.

What lies ahead:

I expect to get my ECA from IQAS next month ( I sent my doc's to them since April/May this year ).

I pray that the good Lord will continue to help each and every one of us at various stages of this journey IJN. Amen.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Thanks a lot for this. I greatly appreciate it. And a big congratulation. I love and want to replicate your testimony of "first and last attempt".
I would also love to mention you in my testimony, hailing you at Canada by then. cheesy.

This is my osemwegieosazee06@gmail.com. I would love to go through all the materials you used. Please mail me. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ogerich22: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2019
Omega30:
De rien mon ami. Many of us here are undergoing online tutoring with the guy. He is patient, takes his time when teaching, gives class work & assignments. And also helps with study materials too: ebooks and e-files.
The beauty of it is even that one can book him depending on his availability: morning, afternoon or even night sessions.
please can I get his contact for french lessons
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2019
What stage of the EE journey are you? If its pre-ITA, yes you can. There are stories of people who adopted pre-ITA and got PPR. For fear of being banned again, I won't post the link here. Check page one, under FAQs, you would see the point Adding an adopted family member: here, check the links.

If you're post-AOR, and you add an adopted child, your file would be transferred to Accra and you and your adopted child would be requested for an interview in separate rooms. There was a PPR story shared some time ago on my AOR whatsapp group (I am not sure if it was originally shared here or somewhere else) but AVO was not convinced of the parent-adopted child relationship during interview, so the PA jejely requested for the child to be left out of the application and got PPR. So if you're ready to risk it, go ahead post-ITA
Phoco:
Hello house. I have a couple of questions. has anyone successfully migrated with an adopted child,possible a child that has lived with you for a long time? How long did it take ? What documents were presented to proof the authenticity of the adoption ? Did it in anyway cause a delay in processing time . Please i would like to determine if i should go ahead with mine or abort plans . Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jaybye: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2019
I just typed "IQAS Fax" into google and the fax number you require was staring back at me from multiple directions. Here it is; (780) 422-9734. Hellofax is free.

All the best!

Olha:
Hello,

For those that use IQAS for assessment, how do I send signed application form and degree certificate to IQAS office?
Is there a fax number ?

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by vicnoshon: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2019
This is encouraging, that means ICES have stepped up their game. 10 weeks!!!!!

I had created my profile on ICES but changed my mind when @edunt said CES was faster.

Please Guys what's your opinion, ICES or CES?

ananne:
My wife's ECA report from ICES is ready. They received her documents on the 18th of June via email. Told us it will take 14 weeks... Later increase it to 20 weeks.

Fortunately for us.. They completed it in 10 weeks. Document is on its way to Nigeria via DHL.

Still battling with my ECA with WES. my school just sent it last week via EMS.

mehn... This journey isn't for the faint hearted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ayoade154: 9:13am On Sep 12, 2019
Good morning everyone please I am new here and I will love to get some answers to my questions.

Please has anyone here successfully evaluated this nacetem diploma as two or more certificate from any of the evaluation bodies.

If yes please let me know I will like to get answers to this my question before going for the diploma course to boost my CRS scores.

Biko help somebori in need.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Olha: 9:17am On Sep 12, 2019
Thanks

Jaybye:
I just typed "IQAS Fax" into google and the fax number you require was staring back at me from multiple directions. Here it is; (780) 422-9734. Hellofax is free.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Orange1234: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2019
Please does Sterling bank also have the least NGN to USD exchange rate among the banks?

Brownie1003:
Sterling bank
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 12, 2019
Olha:
Thanks

you cant fax to iqas. Only courier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by vicnoshon: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Thanks for sharing, it will definitely help others including me

nomad26:

My people, I am back with the full PPR gist…Warning: very long read ahead o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2019
vicnoshon:
This is encouraging, that means ICES have stepped up their game. 10 weeks!!!!!

I had created my profile on ICES but changed my mind when @edunt said CES was faster.

Please Guys what's your opinion, ICES or CES?

going by what is on their websites its ces. Someone i know got ices this week 18 weeks. So its not fixed. You can try your luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2019
Zinggi:

Congrats to you and your family

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hephzibah2018: 9:28am On Sep 12, 2019
joo2018:
How una de? It has been a while.

Congratulations to all who have gotten PPR and CoPR.

I can see that the cut-off is not dropping. Wow.

To all of us still waiting for IELTS, ECA, ITA, PPR and CoPR, may all of our dreams come true.

Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by vicnoshon: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2019
What a testimony!!! Congrats!!!

Although, I'm just taking a baby step now, I shall testify too. From all the PPR testimony I have read so far, Determination and Persistence is vital.

Zinggi:

OMG !!! It feels so surreal... I have been waiting for this mail longingly like a deer panting for water. I just couldn't wait to have it so badly that it became a need but I learnt what it means to be hopeful in the IRCC school of patience.

Honestly, I thought this long wait would dampen my spirit and kill every form of excitement but I was wrong. Just look at me checking my mail and smiling since I saw it.
This feeling is sweet...���.

Pure gratitude!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2019
If you do not trust your HR to provide the reference letter, how can you trust them to confirm your work duties, if CIC decide to call/mail them for your job verifications?

It is a good idea to provide proof of your HR/employer's inability or unwillingness to provide the reference letter (email, chats etc). There have been cases in the past where applicants have been refused and banned because they went deliberately went over HR's head to get reference letter from their colleague and CIC called HR to confirm, which they denied. Applicant was banned and lost his job. You need to be careful, especially if your organisation is a big one or a public institution, you might not be the only one who have applied for PPR. So if your former colleagues whom you might not know of, went through HR for the letter and the VO sees your application from that same organisation, you don't expect them to just accept your letter from a colleague, they would call HR to confirm. These VOs are smart.

In short, only use colleague notarized letter ref letter for work experience if you can convince the VO beyond reasonable doubts that efforts to get it from HR/employer failed.

SonsOfLiverpool:
Damn it.

I really wish I don’t have to go to my HR. The Nigerian in me don’t trust our Nigerian hR. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Olha: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2019
Ha!
That's another expense.
Please how much did you courier to them?

Tina26:
you cant fax to iqas. Only courier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2019
Yes. But what is your profile? You need to simulate your CRS scores and see how it matches with the latest draws. If the MA in DE would give you more points, finish it and use it. If not, go ahead with only your Nigerian qualification and experience. If you get PPR before you finish your MA, tell them Tschuss and go to your new country grin

I would also advise to keep in mind that the CV you submitted for your German visa application should align with your EE profile, to be safe. If your file gets transferred to Vienna VO, they can easily access your records within the EU Dbase.

Silva19:
Hello Everyone, I'm new here. I actually stumbled on this thread and I've been reading it's really informative and migrating to Canada is looking more real to me.
please my question is
Can a Nigerian studying for masters in Germany but already has work experience here in Nigeria before traveling to Germany process this Canada express entry thing?
Ur response will be appreciated.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2019
@bold I'm sorry, did CIC send a new memo? Where did all these speculations come from? What exactly are the statistics? Please let the VOs do their jobs and allow us who were paid in cash collect our PPR in peace. It's not in your place to begin to guesstimate on people's applications like this. The wait is tiring and painful enough That's why there's background checks. We're not the first and won't be the last to recieve cash yet get PPR.

Tina26:
won't be surprised if visa officers start to reject it. Because many people have forged work experience and claim to be paid in cash. Wes introduced verification due to fake transcript . They also introduced waec and people still send fake waec to wes only for waec to spot it during verification. When people decide to cut corners innocent people would suffer. For those earning cash try and deposit all or part of in the bank, get your employer to register for paye or pensions too. I know someone who forged 5 months experience and claimed to be paid in cash and was later rejected

Prettiepearlz:

I won’t be surprised too, Nigerians are extra in everything! I would rather be in the pool and be hoping to get a NOI from a province or wait till the scores comes down than cut corners. Nigeria is not that bad to make me want to get a bad reputation. And why would some employers pay in cash though when we have banks scattered all over the country?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.