Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1046667 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Eraytee: 11:41am On Oct 11, 2019
that is the new rule, I also have a valid biometrics, you will conduct another one specially for this PR. so you are good to go. its a norm.

raylady:
I just submitted my application and have just received AOR. I have a question though, i currently have a valid biometrics (I had one done in April 2019) as i currently have a valid canadian visitor's visa. I included the Unique Client Number from my current visa, but I was still charged the biometrics fee. Anyone with a similar experience and would I still have to do another biometrics
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PLSHELEP: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2019
I've raised thee CSEs and haven't gotten any of those ghosts. I hear they are not very punctual nowadays.

Guess, I'll raise another one requesting for VO.

jjohndoe83:

I raised a CSE previously and got a generic message. However on 30th September, I logged in to my account and saw "Application Updated" , what you call a ghost update. I suspected it was a transfer to my LVO. So I raised CSE the next day and got a response on Monday that file was in Ottawa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by WaleCanada: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2019
raylady:
I just submitted my application and have just received AOR. I have a question though, i currently have a valid biometrics (I had one done in April 2019) as i currently have a valid canadian visitor's visa. I included the Unique Client Number from my current visa, but I was still charged the biometrics fee. Anyone with a similar experience and would I still have to do another biometrics

Yes. you'll have to give biometrics again, notwithstanding your visitor visa still valid. See below link for better reference.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ecanes: 11:54am On Oct 11, 2019
@blissnenye, you are the bestest......Thank you so much for helping my brother out with his IELTS writing.........I have been dancing as if it was me that passed grin grin grin

7.5 in writing after 3 trials of 6.5s and 6. You have done well, and God has blessed our efforts.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kena01: 12:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
I can't express how grateful I am to @blissnenye for helping me through my IELTS writing. Asides strengthening my writing skills, she actually boosted my confidence and stood by me till the result came out. She shared my fears and concerns and even gave advice where necessary.

Thank you again @blissnenye for everything.

Much thanks as well to @johnnybravo for your guidance.

The success after several attempts:
LRWS - 8, 7, 7.5, 8

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blissnenye: 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
You are welcome sis. It's indeed a privilege to be part of your brother's success story. Thank you for the acknowledgement.

Ecanes:
@blissnenye, you are the bestest......Thank you so much for helping my brother out with his IELTS writing.........I have been dancing as if it was me that passed grin grin grin

7.5 in writing after 3 trials of 6.5s and 6. You have done well, and God has blessed our efforts.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blissnenye: 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2019
Thank God our efforts paid off. It is a privilege to be a part of your success story. Indeed I am happy for you. Thanks for the acknowledgement. Oya it is time to gather your documents as ITA is already knocking on your door.

Kena01:
I can't express how grateful I am to @blissnenye for helping me through my IELTS writing. Asides strengthening my writing skills, she actually boosted my confidence and stood by me till the result came out. She shared my fears and concerns and even gave advice where necessary.

Thank you again @blissnenye for everything.

Much thanks as well to @johnnybravo for your guidance.

The success after several attempts:
LRWS - 8, 7, 7.5, 8

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by lanregal: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hello all, has anyone seen his/her september 28 mod ielts result? Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cryptomania: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2019
This is not PPR announcement, it's IELTS victory.

We heard about this EE journey sometimes in October last year(about a year ago). I and my babe decided we start the process immediately, never knew IELTS had other plans. My babe had Masters already with 2+ years of experience. I had three years experience but no second degree yet.

First IELTS(BC), 19th of January.
PA. LSRW - 6.5, 7.5, 6.5 , 6.5.
My IELTS(BC) score . LSRW - 7.5, 7.5, 6.5, 6.5.

We were devastated by this result.

Second IELTS(BC), 6th of April.
PA. LSRW - 8, 7.5, 8, 6.
EOR came back with an upgrade from 6 to 6.5.

So it was at this point I realised I needed to step up my game. Babe was getting weak concerning this IELTS setback.

Immediately she got her second result, I started preparing for CIMA. With adequate preparations, I finished my CIMA. I only failed BA4 which I rewrote immediately after a week and I aced it. I started the evaluation ASAP. During this period, bae kept pushing rewriting of IELTS further and I knew her major problem was WRTING. In our practice sessions, she aces all other modules well, but it was obvious her writing was weak. At the same time, IELTS was not looking easy for me either.

Anyways, to cover all lose ends, I joined Fidelis(@Fidelism)writing class. When I saw his teaching style, I and bae immediately enrolled in his class. I am honest, he's one of the best out there. We knew where our problem was in writing. We booked anither test after preparing well.

Third IELTS(IDP) test (PA)/28th Sept.
LSRW - 8, 8, 7, 7.5.

My second IELTS(BC CBT)/24th Sept.
LSRW - 8.5, 7.5, 6.5, 6.

On my exam day, the writing topic was totally off, and I struggled to come up with examples and ideas. I knew I would still get a 6 in my writing. (Topic matters too in writing)

Thanks to our tutor @Fidelism, he did an amazing job and he's highly recommended.

We're diving into the pool and ITA is sure next month.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by code7x: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
Good day house. Please how much does it cost to upgrade/update one's ECA with WES? If it's not much I want to pay for the evaluation now and update it when I get a second certificate. Else, I'll just chill for now.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Toshine2: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hi guys, please what other ECA body aside from IQAS access Law degree as a professional qualifications qualification. IQAS timeline is super crazy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by canadiandamsel: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Vicolak:
Congrats
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Tessie89: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
@Blissnenye
Thank you so much for helping out with my writing. My writing took a leap from 5.5 to 7.

Lesson:
Anyone struggling with a particular part of this exam, pls get help

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chukwuemeka275(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2019
raylady:

On your question, this is what you find on the cic site or if you ask IRCC on Twitter, same response

'If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications. Even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid.'

So just pay and move on

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hello house,

I just realised that my wes profile is no longer showing Neco, which I included, so does it mean that I no longer need to send it ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kingkhalil: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
None.

Use IQAS. The wait is always worth it

Toshine2:
Hi guys, please what other ECA body aside from IQAS access Law degree as a professional qualifications qualification. IQAS timeline is super crazy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Snowflake27: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
Same here. I had my biometrics in 2017 for a visiting visa that is still valid, however, i still had to pay & do another biometrics.

raylady:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
ladymarshall:
My people o, it's Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, as in PPR

Just now. I can't breathe. Oh my God. This feeling is indescribable o. I was sleepless last night and ranting on whatsapp group early this morning o.

God has humbled me. I'll be back with my full script. Let me catch my breathe. I wish I can send voicenote so you can hear my screams and fast breathing.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by blissnenye: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
You are most welcome sis.

Tessie89:
@Blissnenye
Thank you so much for helping out with my writing. My writing took a leap from 5.5 to 7.

Lesson:
Anyone struggling with a particular part of this exam, pls get help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iela19(f): 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
All these salient IELTS Tutor marketing sha, make una easy the flood the thread grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SirKastic(m): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
Yes you can use the soft copy. I had mine delivered to a Canadian addy n just used the soft copy. It's fine. All the best

bonababe:
Good day everybody

I am a silent reader on the forum and it has been very helpful

I have an urgent question.

I completed my ECA in june but till now I haven't received the Hard copy of the report because I ordered for it via standard mail. can I use the online PDF report for my ITA application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
ladymarshall:
First, let me say a big thank you for your wishes and prayers since I first announced. I’m so overwhelmed as I type not just because of the happy shock of PPR but also because I never expected the outpouring of love. Thank you. I really appreciate you all.

Second, to those post-AOR awaiting PPR, please check your emails even as you read this script. Golden email can come at anytime like play. Only two nights ago I was so depressed at the thought of CIC, I ate only once, had a sleepless night, woke up yesterday expressing my frustration in group chats early morning until 9.05am and from nowhere, golden email came in at 9.06am. There is hope.

Big big congratulations Sis!!

You didn’t disappoint with the PPR gist, it was perfectly crafted with a generous dose of maple syrup kiss

Welcome to your new home and may it favour you

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
teeielts360:
Looooooong Pooooooost Aleeeeeert.

God of the Universe has spoken.

To the gods that man the gates,
To the gates that guard the cities.
To the cities that grounds its peoples,
To the people that long for freedom.
The almighty, the All knowing, the All rulling God is merciful and just to grant us grace and ridiculous favor.

I have fallen a thousand times,
I have failed a million times,
Lessons learnt is theory,
Useless without His mercies.

They say thomas Edison failed a thousand times and became successful after the last try in inventing the incandescent light bulb. Without the mercies of God, he would fail a thousand more.

I have found him in the highest of places but he found me in the lowest of places.
I have acknowledged him in my joyous state yet he remembered me in my deepest depression.

I reiterate the popular declaration,
He is greater than the greatest,
Stronger than the strongest,
Wiser than the wisest.

He has established and blessed me like the trees planted by the riverside, like the cedar of lebanon, bearing fruits in its season.
He has not just blessed me but extended it to my household.

Habba father...

The British Council of elders have raised their standards but my God raised another, far beyond their imagination.

Habba father..

He has filled me most in my emptiest state.

7 IELTS TESTs and I don't even know where the mental, emotional or even financial strength came from.

6 EORs and I don't know who gave me the guts and courage. I know it's not me.

Habba father,
Ha, since april 2017,
Habba father,
To September 2019.

Habba father,
brought gold to my door step before the little silver I have is threatened.

All of a sudden, all stars align and bow to your word...

What advice can a man who has failed 7 times or even more give to the people that seek victory.

Look onto God, the author and finisher of our faith.

Clock still ticking but He has shown His face.
Emmanuel, I have seen his grace.

Timeline
1ST- APRIL 2017: LRWS- 8.5, 6.5, 6.0, 7.5 (BC)

2ND- OCT 2017: LRWS- 7.0, 8.0, 8.0, 7.5 (BC)
EOR UNCHANGED

3RD- SEPT 8TH 2018: LRWS- 8.5, 7.0, 6.0, 8.5 (MOD)
EOR CHANGED WRITING TO 6.5

4TH- SEPT 29TH 2018: LRWS- 8.0, 7.0, 6.5, 8.5 (MOD)
EOR UNCHANGED

5TH- FEB 14TH 2019: LRWS- 8.5, 8.0, 6.5, 8.0 (BC)
EOR CAME OUT UNCHANGED

6TH- JUNE 1ST 2019: LRWS- 8.0, 8.5, 6.5, 8.5 (BC)
EOR CAME OUT UNCHANGED

7TH- JUNE 29th 2019: LRWS- 9.0, 7.5, 6.6, 7.5 (BC)

Ha, God is good.
He listening when you think he's silent.
He watches and keeps His own from been swallowed.
Haa, this is not my doing.
The hand of the almighty cannot be mistaken.

EOR came out today...
7TH- JUNE 29th 2019 test date:
EOR upgraded.
LRWS- 9.0, 8.5, 7.0, 8.0 (BC)

I was so depressed that I even requested a remark for the 9 in listening. I don't wanna know how all components changed or how there was a full band change in 2 component(even in the reading which is supposed to be objective).
I no wan know.

To the ielts tutors that listened to my cry here on this thread.

I pray you all fulfill your destiny on this earth and beyond.

Words said,
Praise be to jah,
Back to the grind,
Make I try contain the vex wey I get for my employer cus right now, the anger won double.
It would end in praise in Jesus name.
Wow!! Congratulations @ieltsaced cheesy
May the rest be easy for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
adeco:
Sombori praaaaaaaaaise the Lord, PPR is here!

Timeline
IELTS: L,R,W,S – (8.5,9,7,cool – 2nd August 2018
ECA: WES - (Masters): 27th December 2018
Score: 456
EE Profile: 2nd January 2019
ITA: 10th January 2019
Medicals: IOM Abuja
PCC: Abuja
AOR: 22nd February 2019
MEP/BIL: 10th April 2019
Biometrics: 15th April 2019
PPR: 27th August 2019
VO: Ottawa
Single Applicant

Decision to Travel

First thing this morning, VFS Abuja to submit my passport (found the process on the thread) before they change their mind.

It has ended in praise.

Lmao @ the bolded, abi na?
Congratulations to you!!! It has ended in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
etrange:
People, gather! Everyone!

It's PPR announcement!

My name is etrange and I've gotten my PPR! Here is my timeline:

TEF: 27th October, 2018 (Result B2, B1, C1, C1)
IELTS: 1st December, 2018 (Result 8878)
WES: 7th January, 2019
ITA: 10th January, 2019
AOR: 5th March, 2019
MEP: 18th April, 2019
BIO: 26th April, 2019
PPR: 18th September, 2019

I will be back with my PPR script. Meanwhile, I'd like to thank everyone, both the oldies and the newbies! The thread frontliners, my Whatsapp group members, my TEF family (les quebecois cool), etc., y'all have been extremely helpful to be honest. One thing I believe is, provided your application is complete and sincere, time is the highest it can take! As for those doing one thing or the other to get ITA, please do not give up. Hang in there, the end goal is worth it. The feeling is indescribable. I woke up every one hour to check my mail again just to convince myself it was not a dream!

Happily ever after with Ifeom.a77

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

kiss

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
These IELTS tutor testimonies now look/sound somehow. some intending test takers are now starting to believe they need a tutor to pass. We know these tutors already. no need for all these again

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
Jennypharb1:

I apologize for the long story, I sort of started keeping a diary in my PPR story to clear my head during the wait.

Timeline
IELTS 12th May 2018 – L 8.5 R 8.0 W 7.5 S 8.0
ECA 24th August 2018 – Master’s Degree equivalent (WES)
Work experience - Less than 3years
ITA – 5th September 2018
CRS – 456
eAPR – 8th October 2018
AOR – 8th October 2018
MEP – 7th November 2018
BIL – 7th November 2018 (Biometrics enrolled 8th November)
IP1 - I dunno
IP2 – 26th July 2019
Remedicals - 1st August 2019
Amaka dissapoint me PPR - March 6 2019 (Got a Ghost update that neither brought me PPR nor moved me to ip2.
Ghost update that did not do the forerunner work is that one legit ghost update?
Actual PPR - 8th August 2019 (10 months post AOR)

God bless everyone and grant our hearts desires speedily and if not, give us the patience to wait on Him.

Wow!! That was a long wait Sis!! Thank God it has ended in praise.
Amaka PPR grin grin grin grin grin
Congratulations on your victory! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sisisioge: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2019
ladymarshall:
My people o, it's Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, as in PPR

Just now. I can't breathe. Oh my God. This feeling is indescribable o. I was sleepless last night and ranting on whatsapp group early this morning o.

Oh mama! Congratulations! I've always been a fan on the sideline...may God bless your journey! kiss

Chai...I have a video of a serious twerker to celebrate grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cryptomania: 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hmmmm........ you won't understand o. A lot of people are suffering in silence. The truth is, if you've failed once or twice, the wisest thing to do is to seek for help. I have been on this thread for alnost a year now and I've seen people write 5,6,7.... times.

IELTS is the humbler of men. Shout out to all tutors out here. They're doing a great job.
iela19:
All these salient IELTS Tutor marketing sha, make una easy the flood the thread grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MumofTwins2017: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
Trust me if there was any other one with a better time frame, we would have all rushed them. IQAS is sadly your best bet. Good luck.

Toshine2:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Chocolatedee: 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
hello @Johnnybravo please can i get your contact? i would like tutoring for Ielts writing section.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iela19(f): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
There is an IELTS thread, specially for people preparing for IELTS which is also an ideal place to tell the testimonies. truth is people have found business opportunities (Tutoring) which is good, but this their marketing strategy is finishing the little space remaining on this thread. Its just for us not to divert from the main course. or maybe they should open a thread for tutoring so that people that want to take the chance of being scammed can patronize them. PEOPLE SHOULD SHA OPEN THEIR EYES, NOT ALL IELTS TESTIMONIES HERE(MARKETING STRATEGY) IS REAL! Don't let fear make you do things you will regret.

Cryptomania:
Hmmmm........ you won't understand o. A lot of people are suffering in silence. The truth is, if you've failed once or twice, the wisest thing to do is to seek for help. I have been on this thread for alnost a year now and I've seen people write 5,6,7.... times.

IELTS is the humbler of men. Shout out to all tutors out here. They're doing a great job.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.