Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047109 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 2:03pm On May 30, 2019
Ummm...from what i have gathered here so far, such sibling must be living (staying/based) in Canada as at the time you are claiming points from her during your entire application process.
So to answer your question, No. You can't claim sibling points from her.
bozz007:

I have asked here before but I want to ask again to avoid rejection. My sister has PR but doesn't stay in Canada. However, her husband stays over there and she visits intermittently.

Can I still claim sibling points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 2:05pm On May 30, 2019
Topsmamen:

An LOE will suffice. Are the bank charges displayed in your bank statement?

Thank you. No. Just the #19,650 direct deposits.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 30, 2019
Mimi1999:
ok.
But I think that is where your letter of explanation comes in handy to explaion things like this.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 2:21pm On May 30, 2019
Topsmamen:

An LOE will suffice. Are the bank charges displayed in your bank statement?

I don't like LOEs. cheesy Would you suggest that I should request that the reference letter should reflect the #1960?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 2:26pm On May 30, 2019
GozyNA:
There is no need for a medical request form. Just tell them you are doing upfront medicals.

Just read your landing gist bro. Hilarious!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 2:27pm On May 30, 2019
@doyindre you might find this helpful

Arosam:
How to send your NECO to WES, the attached was the response from NECO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jenolyfavour: 2:29pm On May 30, 2019
Thank you so much

ladymarshall:
No
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 2:32pm On May 30, 2019
godG:
I don't like LOEs. cheesy Would you suggest that I should request that the reference letter should reflect the #1960?

Lol. You want to shift the NYSC 19,800 goal post to 19,650. Sure, you can. Basically, do what you're comfortable with you like grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sesay: 2:36pm On May 30, 2019
jjohndoe83:
Hi sesay
Any luck with your IQAS application?

yes, got acknowledgement last week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 2:42pm On May 30, 2019

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 2:42pm On May 30, 2019
@otobongakpan117 this might be useful for your NECO processing

Arosam:
How to send your NECO to WES, the attached was the response from NECO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bunmioluwa: 2:42pm On May 30, 2019
You will loose 5 points on your birthdays after 30 years. Your goal now is to have as high IELTS scores as you can. Maxing your IELTS (L8.5,R8,W7.5,S7.5) will makeup for any score you might loose with your next birthday. Your strategy now is to focus on how to max. Your next IELTS

itamkate:

Thank you very much for this response, I obviously was studying wrongly and I'll do as you have advised. I must Ace my next one.

I also have an issue with my age, I'm turning 31 this June, do you know If this will affect me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GozyNA: 2:45pm On May 30, 2019
Topsmamen:

Just read your landing gist bro. Hilarious!

Hahaha grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Suspectzero(m): 2:46pm On May 30, 2019
Send the passport like that. It doesn't make a difference so long as you are sure you'll be traveling before the expiry of your passport.

Dame91:
Good day people,
Please I need clarification on this issue.

We received our PPr mail on the 28th and we have 15 days to submit our passports. However my husband's passport is expiring on the 8th of January,2020 which is almost 6 months. Do you advice we renew it first before submitting our passports or just submit it and hope it gets to them before the 8th of next month
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Krakboi(m): 2:46pm On May 30, 2019
Easy on me na... Oh well everything is moving fast these days. Ejecting no easy laidat! Bear with me
AzariahYaa:
My dear, na so e talk oo. Hopefully he comes around to share with us. If not, we move! grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 2:48pm On May 30, 2019
Topsmamen:

Lol. You want to shift the NYSC 19,800 goal post to 19,650. Sure, you can. Basically, do what you're comfortable with you like grin

Hehehe. I guess I should stick with it as it is. grin Thanks, brother.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sesay: 2:54pm On May 30, 2019
Please, who registered for ICES of late should please help shed more light, I didn't request for additional copy but payment summary is showing addition copy is going to cost me $20.00. Please, those who registered recently should please assist, maybe there's something I'm not doing right.

Summary of Fees

1. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) $200.00
2. 1 additional copy for 1st order $20.00

Total $220.00
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hanna007: 3:12pm On May 30, 2019
Evaluate your highest degree which is your masters. Your school will have to courier your transcript to Wes and you will have to courier your certificate and waec scratch card to Wes yourself.

Otobongakpan117:

Guys please I need guidance on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by AzariahYaa: 3:13pm On May 30, 2019
Oh kk...no hay problema grin However long it takes you, kindly come back to give your story. It would be appreciated. Thank you! grin
Krakboi:
Easy on me na... Oh well everything is moving fast these days. Ejecting no easy laidat! Bear with me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Progress2468(m): 3:33pm On May 30, 2019
Progress2468:
Please can someone send me the link to the BCS watsapp group

Please can someone add me to the Watsapp group
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oyeoye64: 3:40pm On May 30, 2019
which other NOC is best

• Test Data Setup/Management along with Development team
• Design and document test plans, scenarios, scripts by reviewing the functional specification documents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mercy2019: 3:40pm On May 30, 2019
Please I want to join May 2019 AOR whatsapp group
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:45pm On May 30, 2019
oyeoye64:
Please can NOC 2283 be use for below JD or which other NOC is best

• Test Data Setup/Management along with Development team
• Design and document test plans, scenarios, scripts by reviewing the functional specification documents

NOC 2283 is good.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:46pm On May 30, 2019
mercy2019:
Please I want to join May 2019 AOR whatsapp group

cc: @ladymarshall @BootyliciousHon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by mercy2019: 3:48pm On May 30, 2019
Please my application is not showing processing time bar, what could be responsible? AOR May 20
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Otobongakpan117(m): 3:51pm On May 30, 2019
Hanna007:
Evaluate your highest degree which is your masters. Your school will have to courier your transcript to Wes and you will have to courier your certificate and waec scratch card to Wes yourself.

Thanks for the response, i now understand for the transcript and my Master's certificate but for the NECO, is it only the scratch card pin and sending to them?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oyeoye64: 4:00pm On May 30, 2019
Topsmamen:

NOC 2283 is good.

Thank you sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 4:07pm On May 30, 2019
mercy2019:
Please my application is not showing processing time bar, what could be responsible? AOR May 20

Hi, it will not show until medicals is passed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 4:11pm On May 30, 2019
LOL grin Guys I quoted what was on the CRS tool.

"Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?"

You have PR siblings = Siblings points
Spouse PR Siblings = Sibling points

If this doesn't apply to you then you won't get points.

Oakville19:

I suspect the person is referring to his/her siblings spouse having a brother or sister who is a Canadian PR or citizen. If the above is correct then you cannot claim points in this instance.

Nmaotito:

Thank you. I think if I am reading it correctly, then my sister in law (a PR) can give me points.

Please what documents will be required to show the relationship, apart from the wedding certificate that shows she is married to my brother?

Maybe birth certificate of me and my brother to show we are siblings?

Topsmamen:

Hmmm. LadyStencil. Actually, an applicant cannot claim points from his/her sibling’s spouse who has a brother or sister living in Canada or is a Canadian PR.

i.e. my brother’s wife (sister-in-law) has a sister in Canada. I cannot claim points from my sister-in-law’s sister. If my wife has a sister who is a PR, then I can claim points from my sister-in-law.

Applicants can claim points from their spouse’s sibling in Canada. I hope I have been able to convince you and not to confuse you that ......family is everything grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jjohndoe83: 4:12pm On May 30, 2019
sesay:

yes, got acknowledgement last week.
Nice one. Please don't mind my asking, when exactly last week did you receive acknowledgment? I checked through your posts and I see that your courier delivered to IQAS on 1st February, mine was delivered on 7th February and nothing yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 4:22pm On May 30, 2019
Sir TM! grin
Even with "Lady" in your name you still got called "Bro" grin grin
Sir TM wants to make sure that doesn't happen to me LOL

ladymarshall:
grin @ LadyStencil grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 4:45pm On May 30, 2019
Hi guys, please I have these questions:

(a) If you are exempted from writing some modules of a certification exam due to your academic qualification (e.g you only wrote 2 out of 4 modules that made up a certification) and you were issued your certificate afterwards, will WES evaluate the certificate when your transcript is sent to them?

(b) Will cic still accept this as TWO or MORE certificate bearing in mind the exemption?

Please anyone that has passed through this process should give their experience and our able seniors too can help me with this riddle, as I am about to take a decision on this. I dont want what will cause wahala later abeg.

@Topsmamen, @Ladymarshall, @Ifeoma77 ou guys should help out too. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.