Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land (46813 Views)

Ogun To End Idolatry In Installation, Burial Of Traditional Rulers / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) / Names Of Traditional Rulers In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2019
capitalzero:

Island

Which part of island, because the Oba of elegushi, eleko of Eko ( infact i heard eleko is the authentic and first king in Lagos island according to history). Oniru of Iru etc.. These are all kings on island, so where does the Oba of Eko kingdom covers in this island.
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Taiwo20(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2019
Alapa of Apa
Onipokia of Ipokia
Ajalorun of Ijebu-Ife

1 Like

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Badonasty(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked
Pls remove the Olowo of Owo from the list.

He is now to be known as Emir of Owo.
ọwọ is different from Iwo odẹ... ọmọ ibo jatijati

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2019
xtrim1:

Are you saying that the chief priest is superior to the first born male?

I don't understand this sir??
Can you give us little history on this??
Are u saying the Alaafin is superior to the Ooni??
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by zeromeridian: 8:11pm On May 14, 2019
I did not see Afonja here why?
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by SilvanusII(m): 8:12pm On May 14, 2019
Its like u just copied and pasted from the back of one annoying sacrilegious pitiful Yoruba history pamphlet I had seen one time. Where's the order? And how did some jumped up chiefs become obas sef?
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by ameerah24(f): 8:14pm On May 14, 2019
Elerin of Erin-ile
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Skidooo(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2019
Point of correction Emir of Ilorin is not among of Yoruba king, he his an emirate, Fulani to be precise from North.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Oshin56(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2019
Elemure Of Emure Ekiti
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Emmannn101(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2019
popelix:
Worthless titles... Obi of Onitsha alone beat their popularity and relevance

You were born in hatred, you live in it and if you're not careful, you die with it.......Create a post of your kings too instead of hating

A dullard Ipob

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Oshin56(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2019
ameerah24:
Elerin of Erin-ile
are you from Erin ile
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by tillaman(m): 8:20pm On May 14, 2019
Elegushi Of Ikate Kingdom ELOMORO 1.
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by opatamedu: 8:20pm On May 14, 2019
ỌLỌYẸ OF ỌYẸ EKITI
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Folbim(m): 8:20pm On May 14, 2019
jazon:
Gud
OLOSI OF OSI EkITI
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Oshin56(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2019
Wisekid0001:
Olupako of sa'are
Onigbaja of Igbaja
Oloro of Oro
ẹlẹsẹ of ìgbàjá try and edit it
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by VEE2010(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2019
Where is Elegbeda of Egbeda on the list?
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by AllenSpencer: 8:24pm On May 14, 2019
And am not on the list

Its funny.
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by BENEAMATA: 8:24pm On May 14, 2019
hopexter:
The Alaafin of Afins in Nigeria is not on the list and the Alagbero of Agbero His Royal Highness MC Oluomo baba cheesy cheesy
ONI-TWAALE of GBEFUN land ! hey OP , you know we are just kidding around , right ?

1 Like

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by AdeniyiA(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2019
Owa Ale of Ikareland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by ellainale98: 8:26pm On May 14, 2019
Why is the Alafin mentioned and placed before Ooni?
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by salemdv(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2019
éleju of igbonla

ólojó of ojo kingdom
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by diransom: 8:27pm On May 14, 2019
Onigosun of Igosun land
Onipee of operations

Oni
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by bluecircle470: 8:29pm On May 14, 2019
diego101:
Oni should be number 1

He didn’t rank them according to there hierarchy, he just listed them
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Emmannn101(m): 8:30pm On May 14, 2019
Ogunsua of Modakeke�

3 Likes

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by sisisioge: 8:32pm On May 14, 2019
iammo:
cool

KABIESI Oooo, Awon ori Ade, Ki ade o pe lori ki bata pe lese.

Yoruba Omo karo ojire, Omoluabi

Oba nje yin o. I totally respect the monarch's throne. However, this list is going to cause gobe as there is a perceived order...
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by iammo(m): 8:39pm On May 14, 2019
sisisioge:

Oba nje yin o. I totally respect the monarch's throne. However, this list is going to cause gobe as there is a perceived order...

I know my own King Olubadan isnt among the foremost monarchs. Its still Alafin and Oni that would slog it out for the number 1 yoruba Royal throne and only the Historian can settle the competition.. because bi omode ko ba ba itan,yoo ba aroba,aroba si niyi baba itan
ni. Odua a gbe wa oo

1 Like

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by iamclime(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2019
Femich18:

Nice..

Please it is not Akaran but AKRAN OF BADAGRY. Don't comman spoil the name of my Oba for me
Correct! Our King is De Wheno Aholu Menu Toyi I, Akran of Badagry.

1 Like

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by sisisioge: 8:40pm On May 14, 2019
iammo:

I know my own King Olubadan isnt among the foremost monarchs. Its still Alafin and Oni that would slog it out for the number 1 yoruba Royal throne and only the Historian can settle the competition.. because bi omode ko ba ba itan,yoo ba aroba,aroba si niyi baba itan
ni. Odua a gbe wa oo

Aseeeee wa! grin

1 Like

Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by seunmsg(m): 8:43pm On May 14, 2019
Atigba:

Alafi is the most powerful Oba in Youruba land

A direct descendant of Orominyan

Oranmiyan at a point in his life abandoned the Oyo throne and returned to Ile-Ife to occupy the Ooni throne. All Ooni of Ife are direct descendants of Oduduwa including Oranmiyan.
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by akdjr(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2019
What of the Oluomo of Oshodi?
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:47pm On May 14, 2019
MrKong:

We are not talking about kings that eat frog legs here.

Behave!

Tan babare ?
Re: Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land by tsmat(m): 8:47pm On May 14, 2019
Skidooo:
Point of correction Emir of Ilorin is not among of Yoruba king, he his an emirate, Fulani to be precise from North.

I know most of you want to sound as if you know something..... Emir is a title for an Islamic leader not precise to any part of our Nation so he's not a Fulani but Yoruba king check his name.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yusuf Bayero Is Dead! Emir Of Kano's Uncle Dies / Unoaku Anyadike Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photo) / Crowd At Burial Of Emir Zazzau, Shehu Idris (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.