Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock (21778 Views)

Won’t Return To Aso Rock If I Lose On Saturday – Buhari / My Journey To Aso-rock Was Not Fruitful- Nans Zone B Cordinator / PDP Will Never Come Back To Aso Rock, Osinbajo Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by dre11(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2019
by Dyepkazah Shibayan

Senate President Bukola Saraki is said to be considering turning down an invitation to break fast with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja on Tuesday.

During Ramadan, the presidency invites dignitaries to break fast with Buhari. On Monday, the president hosted members of his cabinet and it is the turn of federal lawmakers on Tuesday.

“The villa has invited the senate president for Iftar with the president. We don’t know if there is anything more than the breaking of fast between both men but I can tell you that he was invited to the villa, though he is having another thought about attending it,” the source said.

When contacted Garba Shehu, spokesman of the president, confirmed that Buhari would be hosting the leadership of the national assembly.

“The President is hosting the leadership of the National Assembly to the breaking of fast this evening,” Shehu said in a text message.

Yusuph Olaniyonu, media aide of Saraki, also confirmed that Saraki was invited but said the senate president will “most likely” attend the event.

The president’s invitation to the senate president is coming at a time Saraki is having a running battle with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Last week, the commission said it would probe Saraki’s tenure as governor of Kwara state.

Saraki was governor of the state between 2003 and 2011. The agency has reportedly seized some of Saraki’s choice properties in Lagos state.

The senate president has accused the agency of witch-hunt, wondering why there are attempts to probe him over allegations the supreme court cleared him of.

https://www.thecable.ng/sources-saraki-considering-turning-down-invitation-to-aso-rock

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by iammo(m): 8:09pm On May 14, 2019
grin
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by hisexcellency34: 8:21pm On May 14, 2019
This Buhari sef no get work
Must you invite people to break fast with you?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by winzy(m): 10:32pm On May 14, 2019
Pride falleth a man!!!

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by NotBeenPaid: 10:33pm On May 14, 2019

With all the stupid religion wey them carry for head like person wey tie rapper and yet Nigeria dey retrogress on milliseconds.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 14, 2019
Liked by Atiku Peter Obi Gej Dino malaye and 125, 686, 876 others
ishi Allah amin

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by captianfreeman(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2019
Bubu.

Meanwhile, I am an expert in water fountain and swimming pool.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by sureboykris(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2019
No need pretending. The 2 men don't love each other. No need to honour the invitation

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by press005: 10:35pm On May 14, 2019
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by StarUp: 10:36pm On May 14, 2019
Must they come and break fast in the Villa? Hipocrisy of the highest order...

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by yorceegold: 10:38pm On May 14, 2019
the downfall of saraki season 5

1 Like

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by Moreoffaith(m): 10:39pm On May 14, 2019
Break fast ko, mould fast ni
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by Masterk2019: 10:39pm On May 14, 2019
saraki should better go so that he can be converted to a saint and all his sin will be forgiven
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by 9jaRealist: 10:41pm On May 14, 2019
Nigerian "journalists" and their stories...
Trying hard to create something out of total speculation! SMH

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 10:43pm On May 14, 2019
somebody should help with that saraki pics and Buhari seated on a mat in central mosque
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:43pm On May 14, 2019
keep calm and place your ORDER

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by Igboblog: 10:44pm On May 14, 2019
Nonsense journalist.

This is Saraki with Buhari

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by kehinde1588(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2019
Same arrogance that consumed him during election
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 14, 2019
Who cares? Let him do and go abeg....this is just the beginning of his shame ..I never ever thought he would be this quiet

This man wins most disliked politician on Nigeria even dino melaye is liked way better than him
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by kaen1317: 10:45pm On May 14, 2019
He better go if he likes himself. This is Buhari and not Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by tstx(m): 10:46pm On May 14, 2019
Let me rush and buy popcorn grin...

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by fasho01(m): 10:47pm On May 14, 2019
It's his prerogative nah
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by BABANGBALI: 10:47pm On May 14, 2019
wetin him dey go find for the place?him no get food for him own house or Aisha soup sweet pass him wife own?

abeg tohyorsih bring my pounded and egusi soup make i break my fast jare
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by BABANGBALI: 10:48pm On May 14, 2019
kaen1317:
He better go if he likes himself. This is Buhari and not Jonathan.
sey wetin go happen?him go kill am?
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by gaskiyamagana: 10:52pm On May 14, 2019
hisexcellency34:
This Buhari sef no get work
Must you invite people to break fast with you?
Because u are ignorant of Islamic teachings on breaking of fasting.
Re: Saraki Considering Turning Down Invitation To Aso Rock by dokyOloye: 10:55pm On May 14, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
keep calm and place your ORDER
This ya food is not for non-kwarapt Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Onigbinde: Buhari’s Media Team Rejects Appointment Of BudgIT Co-Founder / NAF Airstrikes Eliminate Bandit Kingpin, Dogo-Umaru, 41 Others / Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.