Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja (61929 Views)

Senate Threatens To Jail NNPCL CEO, Others Over ₦‎12tr Turnaround Maintenance / Senate Threatens To Issue Arrest Warrant For Lai Mohammed, Others / Bet9ja: Nigerians React As Senate Threatens To Shutdown Sports Betting Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by iTearHerToto: 11:41am On May 15, 2019
majamajic:

I do win games, I Ve won 2 times this year, though am a lot busy that I hardly have time to forecast games, am not that a staunch gambler, I gamble for fun, am not mean, but I know much about gambling.

key to win games is small odd big money, like 50 odd u put 1k, u be getting like 75k,
Mtsheeeeew something that even 2odds dey cut.. U cannot convince. Gambling is a scam angry

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by majamajic(m): 11:55am On May 15, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Mtsheeeeew something that even 2odds dey cut.. U cannot convince. Gambling is a scam angry

gambling is not scam , it's up to u , if u say Liverpool will win and they lose, who scam u ?

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by 400billionman: 12:45pm On May 15, 2019
bid4rich:
Comedians everywhere

Or the senate sef want to learn how to play Ni?

grin

Senator wan Cashout.

I think that is for Govt FIRS.
Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by 400billionman: 12:57pm On May 15, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

So of all the problems bedevilling Nigeria it is shutting down Bet9ja that our senators are discussing about?

Sen. Obinna Ogba is sick but nobody wanna tell him that.

And demolishing Pole Dancing Grounds in Abuja.

This country clueless..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 15, 2019
majamajic:

I do win games, I Ve won 2 times this year, though am a lot busy that I hardly have time to forecast games, am not that a staunch gambler, I gamble for fun, am not mean, but I know much about gambling.

key to win games is small odd big money, like 50 odd u put 1k, u be getting like 75k,
Gambling for fun is a ridiculous thing to do.You are enriching the pockets of bet9ja and their likes.
Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 15, 2019
moorevic:
Honestly i work in a bet9ja shop and hundreds of youths are employed by this organization. Shutting it down will likely increase joblessness and the crime rate as we know it now will be unspeakable. The CEO of the organization should honor their invitation and hear what the have to say and if it doesn't ogre out well with them then we have the judiciary to appeal our case to.
Nairabet will employ you
Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 15, 2019
majamajic:

gambling is not scam , it's up to u , if u say Liverpool will win and they lose, who scam u ?
Virtual nko?
Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by majamajic(m): 12:19am On May 16, 2019
comshots:
Gambling for fun is a ridiculous thing to do.You are enriching the pockets of bet9ja and their likes.

greedy gamblers are used to pay real gamblers and bookmakers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by moorevic(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2019
bad belle
comshots:
Nairabet will employ you
Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by AngryParrot1: 2:31pm On May 16, 2019
goldcoinhub:
The Senate has threatened to shutdown Bet9ja offices across the country if the company fails to honour its invitation for a second time.

The Chairman, Senate committee on youth and sport, Senator Obinna Ogba, PDP, Ebonyi, while speaking in Abuja during the verification of Loto companies with license to operate in Nigeria, noted that it was unfortunate that Bet9a refused to honour their invitation, Vanguard reports.

He instructed the clerk of the house to write to the betting company once agian

“Clerk, write to Bet9ja again. If they did not honour your our invitation again, we will ask the National Lottery Commission to seal their offices.”

Senator Ogba who noted that the Senate was making efforts to assist the lottery commission to generate money for the federal government, said, “We wanted to see bet9ja. They can’t runaway,”

According to Senator Ogba, their verification followed series of complains against the betting companies, adding that some do not even have offices while others have not been making remittances to the government.

He said that while verifying, about 20 betting companies that honoured Senate invitation, “some got the licenses but they are not operating. The new regulation only give them one year to start operations,”

https://lailasnews.com/senate-threatens-to-shutdown-bet9ja/

Hahaha... Someone once called betnaija youth empowerment.
Re: Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja by noah91(m): 5:25am On May 17, 2019
Thank God, this matter has not been tribalized as it involves a Yoruba, CEO of bet9ja and the head of the committee in the Senate, an Igbo man. This shows Yoruba don't always see things through tribal lense and hardly play the victim card. The case of Innoson and Gtbank/FG comes to mine and how his people kept on ranting, wailing, crying tribalizing issues and playing victims. God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Watching The Vice Presidential Debate From His Residence (Photos) / Segun Awosanya Withdraws From EndSARS, Declares Movement An Insurrection / Sex-starved Women Take To The Streets In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.