Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet (12198 Views)

New Cabinet List: Akpabio, Aregbesola, Ambode May Get Seats, Presidency Explains / New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office / Buhari’s New Cabinet By Zayyad Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by dre11(m): 6:49am On May 15, 2019
APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet

By Tony Ezimakor

Abuja – As pressure mounts on President Muhammadu Buhari to retain some of the current ministers in the incoming cabinet, it appears the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) favours a clean sweep of the stable to pave way for new ideas.

According to a member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) on Tuesday, the party favours a new crop of ministers to replace the current ones who have had nearly four years in the cabinet, with the eyes of the party set on a clear mandate to push forward its much touted “progressive ideals”.

“The party position as at this past weekend is that nobody in the current cabinet should be retained,” he said.

The position of the APC, it was gathered, is “without prejudice to the performance of any of the ministers, but a necessary action to inject fresh blood in the system, firm up areas the administration has made impact in the last four years and correct where there is a lack.”

“There was argument for and against the retaining of some of the ministers. Those who favour extension point to some ministers who are not pure APC but who have impacted well and contributed to the success of APC. But others contend that there were pure APC members who have not been given opportunity to contribute”, he noted.

While some ministers, including Information and Culture Minister, are pushing through the party in the states to be retained, others like Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, and his compatriot in Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, are believed to be having a firm hold of their jobs.

https://www.independent.ng/apc-favours-fresh-faces-in-buharis-new-cabinet/

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by helinues: 6:49am On May 15, 2019
Dalong, Lai, Ogbeh must go..

They are outdated

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by chriskosherbal(m): 6:51am On May 15, 2019
For me am not after faces in this new dispensation but after growth and development.

All we want is a working Nigeria we can be proud of .

God bless Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by JasonScoolari: 6:57am On May 15, 2019
So, giving ministerial appointments is no longer by merits anymore but who the lifeless dry leaf and some other drug loving ancestors favour?

We are watching.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by Dannyset(m): 6:59am On May 15, 2019
This nonsense article hasn't said a thing

2 Likes

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by frankyychiji(f): 8:12am On May 15, 2019
Another plot by Tinubu's men to oust Fashola from the chop-chop party.

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by frankyychiji(f): 8:14am On May 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Hmmm
Wake up and smell the coffee Oga. This is obviously another Tinubu's plot to whittle down fashola's influence in SW politics.

Kyase good morning, hope you enjoyed the cheese balls?

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by Kyase(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2019
frankyychiji:
Wake up and smell the coffee Oga. This is obviously another Tinubu's plot to whittle down fashola's influence in SW politics.

What cheese balls...
I'm a guy I don't do cheese BALLS I do donuts

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by JasonScoolari: 8:35am On May 15, 2019
frankyychiji:

I believe you're quoting the wrong man.

Wash your eyes for clear vision.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by hisexcellency34: 9:05am On May 15, 2019
Fresh faces like Ajimobi?

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by GentleMoney: 9:06am On May 15, 2019

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:06am On May 15, 2019
Anything that will make Nigeria work again is what we are after.

There are lots of job to be done.

Nigeria must be GREAT again.

God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi OSIBANJO.

God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by Nobody: 9:07am On May 15, 2019
sai babarism grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by TRCdesigns: 9:08am On May 15, 2019
God will help them to lead us right. Amen

3 Likes

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by walefalade(m): 9:24am On May 15, 2019
Hello,
I'm looking for a competent Yoruba Poet who is ready to do some studio recording work URGENTLY.
Any interested person should contact me on walexyfad@yahoo.com or 07037683545 for more details
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by aolawale025: 9:27am On May 15, 2019
Nigeria needs performers not just new faces

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by kolafolabi(m): 9:27am On May 15, 2019
I see Audu Ogbeh retaining his seat..

1 Like

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by Nobody: 9:31am On May 15, 2019
frankyychiji:
Another plot by Tinubu's men to oust Fashola from the chop-chop party.

Fashola is overrated. All he does is confuse you with english and good sounding ideas. After you will look that what did this brilliant sounding man do and you will see nothing!!! No wonder he became a SAN he obviously has the gift of persuasion and logic but real life action and results ...very poor!!

4 Likes

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by eyeview: 9:45am On May 15, 2019
None of buhari's ministers deserve a second term by merit

2 Likes

Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by fasho01(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2019
I thought the idea was to put round pegs in round holes Performance index before party loyalty..

This is one of the reasons this country may never progress
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by Bizibi(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2019
E be like say ambode go get appointment in this government.
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by DeLaRue: 10:58am On May 15, 2019
frankyychiji:
Wake up and smell the coffee Oga. This is obviously another Tinubu's plot to whittle down fashola's influence in SW

Beyond Lagos, Fasola has very little influence in the SW.

His role as Minister of Power has actually dimmed his light somewhat. People have suddenly observed, perhaps unfairly, that he is not 'all that.'

Osinbajo is the star boy in the SW. He's loved & respected across the SW. Fasola is respected, but not loved. My opinion.
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by frankyychiji(f): 11:55am On May 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I believe you're quoting the wrong man.

Wash your eyes for clear vision.
Jason Delta boy, I'm not quoting the wrong person. You sounded surprised or alarmed and I simply let you in on what's cooking.
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by frankyychiji(f): 11:58am On May 15, 2019
Kyase:

What cheese balls...
I'm a guy I don't do cheese BALLS I do donuts
Your kinsman who wants to be governor shared cheese balls the other day, didn't you receive yours?
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by bewla(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2019
chanchangi
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by bewla(m): 12:20pm On May 15, 2019
joker
Re: APC Favours Fresh Faces In Buhari’s New Cabinet by Seetto: 12:48pm On May 15, 2019
TRCdesigns:
God will help them to lead us right. Amen
Ameen, the best comment I have come across on nairaland..
God bless you too..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

N65.1m Oil Fraud: EFCC Docks Man Who Impersonated NNPC GMD (photo) / Kwankwaso, Galadima, Others’ Third Force Vows To Dislodge APC / 2023 Elections: I Supported Tinubu, Worked Against Atiku 100% — Fayose (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.