Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim (29668 Views)

Udom Emmanuel: Michael Itok In Prison Over “Annoying” Facebook Posts / Chukwuemeka Emmanuel Akachi Buried, UNN Suicide Student Funeral Photo / Suicide Note Of Chukwuebuka Akachi: UNN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by tydi(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2019
gbosaa:

It’s too early for such negativities. Do you think such people just wake up and decide to take their lives. Do not be judgemental of other people’s weaknesses because you do not know what’s going on in their lives. Their mental states are more complex and more complicated than you think hence why I said you were ignorant of that. It wasn’t meant to be offensive.
I have seen and interacted with some of them and I know their lives are complicated in a dark way.
No normal person will just take his life. The thought in itself is scary. If it were that easy, nobody will be getting depressed. Their issues are way beyond depression.

Some will self harm when they get into that state, some will cause destructions, some will harm other people. There are people who pick up weapons and go on mass shootings. Do you think such people are reasoning things like you. Everything isn’t about taking snipers etc. You could be fed the snipers by someone in that dark state.
That you can make certain decisions or stand resilient in the face of certain turbulence doesn’t mean others can withstand the storm and no that isn’t cowardice.

A certain man poured petrol all over himself and lit himself up to protest some socio-political issue in Tunisia, another person will moan and carry on like nothing happened in Nigeria.
Not every thing could be treated or explained by simple lay man’s logic. Mental health sufferers need help.

Thanks for this..inasmuch nairaland don't show us people that likes our post.. But just know that I'm among the likes there.

Truth explicitly explained.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by frbona: 9:53am On May 15, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
Are you suicidal?
Are you depressed?
Do you need someone to talk to?
You need a therapist?
You need to rant?
You need counseling or advice?
Call, SMS, WhatsApp 09050697535.
please reach me
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Nobody: 9:53am On May 15, 2019
tydi:

You truly are the most ignorant one here.. What was our mind given to us to make use of. As you thinketh so you are.. If you think you are hopeless. Hopeless you would become.. Life is not bed of roses.. And if you think life could conquer you take a bow out.. By the way sniper is cheaper than a bottle of beer.. Ignoramus being!!!
Dude depression is a mental illness where one is not in absolute control of his thoughts and actions, just like a maniac roaming about the street naked so is suicide a component of depression.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Pavore9: 9:53am On May 15, 2019
RonKenoly:

The country is changing before our very eyes, and the leaders are not putting any policy in place to help our depressed youth. I wish I have the resources to start an NGO on it.

We don't take depression seriously in Nigeria.

If you can get a counselling/clinical psychologist to come talk to people in your church/area on pro bono, it would be a good starting point.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Nobody: 9:55am On May 15, 2019
Heineken:
thanks madam, I have applied for customs. Don't know of civil service. I'll check it now.
Stop that madam shiit abeg, I no old pass u

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by donbenie(m): 9:56am On May 15, 2019
Davash222:

It rains everywhere, Chief.
So what if it rains everywhere,

Some people are more able than others to shelter from the rain..

Don't trivialize depression.. angry

Everybody is not made of the same constitution..
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Nobody: 9:57am On May 15, 2019
Pavore9:

If you can get a counselling/clinical psychologist to come talk to people in your church/area on pro bono, it would be a good starting point.
Our psychology graduates running after white collar jobs are a disgrace. I don't see what stops them from practicing
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:58am On May 15, 2019
frbona:
please reach me

Ok
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Nobody: 10:00am On May 15, 2019
I can never ferl depressed again because i knpw the consequence. Have neen there before and i know what o face.

suicide is d only option if u re depressed buh if u know that what u are chasong sometimes id not worth it. u move on with ur life.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Proffdada: 10:03am On May 15, 2019
Typical of atheists
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Heineken(m): 10:05am On May 15, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Stop that madam shiit abeg, I no old pass u
am sorry
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by konfused: 10:05am On May 15, 2019
PopeFlatino:
U know one thing I realize in this present world,, People expecially Relatives won't pay attention to u until u die..am a Living testimony,Since this year I have been suffering massively like never before but no one cares,suicide isn't an option yet but with d way am depressed and broke I pray I survives it..

I will go on Facebook to make a post like "so depressed" or any possible message accross to interested ones,all of them will start famzing u publicly , asking u on comment "Nna wats d problem?"... but once u inbox d relative that u need little cash to solve ur problem he /she will snub u or block u.

To d extent dat I even begged for 2k here on nairaland and a guy messed me up with joke..

But once u die ,all of them go just contribute #10k or more for ur burial...

In summary,We should learn to detect signals earlier,if u have help a brother before it turns soar

Las las we will all be alright, don't lose hope. Hope is the only thing that keeps us going.

The Igbos say "were be gi mara be m" meaning, as things are not so well for you, it is exactly the same for others you might be asking for help.
So please don't count it for anyone that refuses to help, he or she might not have at the moment and equally might be going through something worse than you can imagine.

God is your strenght.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Pavore9: 10:07am On May 15, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Our psychology graduates running after white collar jobs are a disgrace. I don't see what stops them from practicing

To really work in the field of psychology, one must have at least a minimum of masters in it. The first degrees most of them have is just introductory, like in most places in US you must have a Doctorate for you to be qualified to be addressed as a Child Psychologist and that is about 5/6 years after first degree.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by ladygudhead(f): 10:07am On May 15, 2019
Aieboocaar:

simple!!!, IT IS PERCEIVED THAT THE MORE LIKES YOUR POSTS GET ON FACEBOOK, THE MORE POPULAR YOU ARE

I've once had a brainless upcoming slay queen ask me, "HAVE YOU LIKED MY POST ON FACEBOOK"

I once had a beautiful pix post on Facebook and my 'slay mama wanna be' cousin was shocked that the picture had just 27 likes( me that doesn't have many friends on FB plus I'm very rarely active) . lol see the way she expressed her disappointment ehn.

I thought I was no longer in this planet, maybe FB likes are now equivalent to money or maybe it now takes ppl to heaven or likes now wash away pple's sins. I had to ask her this questions to be sure I'm not missing anything in this world. cheesy
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by GraGra247(m): 10:09am On May 15, 2019
tydi:

You truly are the most ignorant one here.. What was our mind given to us to make use of. As you thinketh so you are.. If you think you are hopeless. Hopeless you would become.. Life is not bed of roses.. And if you think life could conquer you take a bow out.. By the way sniper is cheaper than a bottle of beer.. Ignoramus being!!!

I can't even believe a human being wrote this. And he possibly went to school.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Laeroy(f): 10:12am On May 15, 2019
PopeFlatino:
U know one thing I realize in this present world,, People expecially Relatives won't pay attention to u until u die..am a Living testimony,Since this year I have been suffering massively like never before but no one cares,suicide isn't an option yet but with d way am depressed and broke I pray I survives it..

I will go on Facebook to make a post like "so depressed" or any possible message accross to interested ones,all of them will start famzing u publicly , asking u on comment "Nna wats d problem?"... but once u inbox d relative that u need little cash to solve ur problem he /she will snub u or block u.

To d extent dat I even begged for 2k here on nairaland and a guy messed me up with joke..

In summary,We should learn to detect signals earlier,if u have help a brother before it turns soar

But for how long will they continue to help u, if that's the case, everybody will become beggars and nobody will do the work...

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Laeroy(f): 10:15am On May 15, 2019
Uyi168:
Not being born is the best thing ever.. To die immediately u are born is the second best thing cry
I quite agree with u......

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by DRPAIT123(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2019
Am highly suicidal too.
It can sadly be my turn any day.
No jokes.
I pray I find help.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by paulnewplay: 10:21am On May 15, 2019
Davash222:
We’re glorifying suicide these days. Back then, when one commit suicide, the corpse will be dumped at the evil forest. The family will do some sacrifices to appease the gods of the land.

Now, we always blame depression and even give them a befitting burial.
You mean back then ... The villagers blamed the victim ... And punished him even in death.
If you jam leg on iron no cry,if u cry we flog you for crying!
You hav never been at a point where u tire of life. If you were,you'd understand. Your problems r trivial nd minor... When u live in hell on earth under a weight of depression and despair dayindayout, "getting out of this hell" will look very appealing.
The cure to suicide is LOVE and compassion. If some1 is grinding in poverty- help him out.
Some1 opens up about his struggles -dont beat them over the head and tell them they're weak- dont encourage whining nd complaining but dont turn a deaf ear to pain.
Many premature exits couldve been avoided if we were not so selfish nd self centered.

See d youtube video on d increasing rate of suicide in kenya.

See also youtube video on amanda todd.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by jaxxy(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2019
gbosaa:

No one is glorifying it. You are very ignorant and have no idea what those people go through.
Mental health issues are real. Those going through such struggles need help.

Most of those commitng suicide don’t even have mental health issues or history. Not everyone that commits suicide has metal health issues we must agree and establish this. Many just can’t cope with the difficult situations arrnd them either suddenly or over a period of time. They were very normal people.

Only few have medical depression that happens even for no reason.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by tydi(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2019
GraGra247:

I can't even believe a human being wrote this. And he possibly went to school.

STFU.. If you cannot counter what's been said up there.. Mr professor
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by ngwababe(f): 10:28am On May 15, 2019
dominique:

https://www.nairaland.com/5187791/400-level-unn-student-commits#78392022

He has already committed suicide, people went to dig out his old Facebook posts that revealed how disturbed he was. A whole first class student gone like that! I pray God consoles the lived loved ones he left behind

Wow!!
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Amhappy(f): 10:32am On May 15, 2019
PopeFlatino:

No matter how it is don't kill yourself instead find a way out. Instead of asking for cash ask to work and earn. You can even do labour work, errand boy work, market runs. Only you can change your situation. Forget relatives,most have their hand filled with their personal problems. Those that grew up in orphanages who are their relatives? Take the bull by the horn. Get busy and avoid loneliness. Loneliness drives depression.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by paulnewplay: 10:34am On May 15, 2019
Omoluabi16:
You see all those crying Smiley's? Was after he committed suicide. I'm very sure no one reached out to him. It is easy to dismiss someone's call or chat messages. You don't have to date or even like someone. but the least you can give them is attention. The world is cold.
you are very correct. There's no love in this world,sometimes ppl go thru crushing problems nd are expected to bear them alone. Some do-but they live in hell others decide to exit the hell called this life-it is a perfectly logical decision.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by tarryT(m): 10:38am On May 15, 2019
Mental Health and Suicide association is real and it's incidence is increasing in our society. WHO states that suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-29-year olds. Sadly it's preventable. The value for human life is low in this country, so no one seems to care.

As a resident doctor in one of our Federal Medical Centre have meet 3 cases over the last 6month.

A 24years old male was rushed to the Accident and Emergency at about 9pm with complains of having drank Snipper about 2 bottle an hour before presentation.

He was sweating profusely, uncontrollable bowel movements, dehydrated with pinpoint pulpits. Conscious but drowsy. He said he drank the Snipper following a direct persuasive instruction by his angel as he has disappointed God. He has a history of mental illness and was admitted at a psychiatric hospital a year ago but have been off drugs and have defaulted follow up care. A final year mechanical engineering student with good grades.

Before I could say jack, those that brought him to the hospital where no where to be found. The pharmacist on call gave my team everything we needed to help. We lost him at about 11pm. It was a painful experience.

As a society we need to take Suicide Prevention seriously as the incidence rate is alarming.

RIP Akachi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Bostin(m): 10:43am On May 15, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

Will work on it...
Thank you, God bless you
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by ClassicC: 10:44am On May 15, 2019
Fulfilled prophecy��
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by fanzine(f): 10:52am On May 15, 2019
SINCE THIS PRESENT GOVERNMENT CAME IN ,THE RATE OF SUICIDE AND SUICIDE ATTEMPTS IS GETTING HIGHER BY DAY. THIS IS NO COINCIDENCE. SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG. IT IS IN THE AIR . WE NEED TO PRAY AGAINST THIS PLAGUE FROM PIT OF HELL. NOT A JOKE. PRAY MY PEOPLE PRAY. THIS VICTIMS ARE SOMEONE'S RELATIVES. WE ARE NOT SAFE. OUR PEOPLE ARE SPIRITUALLY LOST.
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by Latsman: 10:55am On May 15, 2019
help
Re: Chukwuemeka Akachi: 10 Facebook Posts Reflecting Struggle Of UNN Suicide Victim by GreatestA1(m): 10:56am On May 15, 2019
frbona:

Eternal peace
Away from a world of pain
No one really knows what dead people see when they open their eyes after life on earth. All we have are prolly hearsay theories forged from ancient books without any hard kernel proofs. But majority of the opinion agree there is an afterlife. And I feel a strong nudge to want to agree that there is an afterlife. I feel we are too complex to slip into oblivion when we die. But how it would be or what it looks like is still smoky.

Hence, we can never be sure if eternal peace is what awaits us when we die or another phase of pain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thunder Kills 3 People In Ogun State (Photos) / Trailer Load Of Tramadol And Other Drugs Seized By Customs Officials. Photos / Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia In A Methamphetamine Speaker Sting Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.