Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. (817 Views)

Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / My Heavy Traffic Experience In Onitsha Today (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by FemiOtawa: 4:03pm On May 15, 2019
6 HOURS IN TRAFFIC ON OLD LAGOS TO ABEOKUTA HIGHWAY; WHAT A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

By 'Femi Akintade-Otawa.

I was on a quick visit to Abeokuta from Lagos last Saturday. I had one of my worst and woeful travelling experiences on the old highway of Lagos to Abeokuta express route. Often time, while travelling to Ogun state from Lagos, I prefer plying the new Lagos to Abeokuta highway, just for convenience reasons; the highway is safer and it’s less time consuming unlike the Old express-road.

I often wonder if there is a Government in Ogun state at all? The Government of Senator Ibikunle Amosun and the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has failed Ogun state by not delivering dividends of true democracy, and basic amenities to some regions in Ogun state. Some however, are even confused of the tier of government responsible for the repair of the Old Lagos-Abeokuta highway. Countless pleas from every quarter, residents and passengers frequent complains on Radio and Television programs, daily news, et al, concerning this deadly and porous highway, yet the Government turned a deaf ear to all these pleas and bad experiences of road users on this highway.

My terrible experience on that highway kick-started when we halted at Singer junction in Sango-ota, numerous commuters and passengers were left stranded in a motionless traffic-jam for 6hours. Initially, I had already planned to arrive Abeokuta in 2hrs time (as of the time I left Lagos), by this time it’s already 2: pm (Nigeria time) while inside the traffic for some hours. The Driver and some passengers and I alighted from the vehicle to see what is happening. I was so curious to know the cause of this traffic lock-jam, a young man I met on the highway told it rained heavily overnight till the early hours of Saturday around Sango and Ifo axis, which flooded the bad portion of the highway.

Around 7:PM, the traffic situation is still moving in a ‘snail motion’; Muslims faithfuls who are observing the Ramadan fast, immediately formed an alliance to organize an impromptu communal prayer on the highway, they all came together to observe (the maghrib prayer) and aswell do the breaking of their fast inside the traffic, as there seems to be no hope of steady movement on the highway. At last, after enduring the slow traffic- jam, we had breakthrough around 8:PM, everywhere is dark until I arrived Abeokuta.

Funny enough, it’s so surprising a times when I see Ogun state Hallelujah Boys, chanting unnecessary praises “NEXT LEVEL” “NEXT LEVEL” “SAI BABA” “GO SEN.SIA”, and giving undue accolades to a government who has failed woefully in delivering their mandates across every regions (Rural and Urban) in the state without no prejudice.

The new Governor elect in Ogun state, Prince Dapo Abiodun ,SenatorIbikunleAmosun and other senator elects in Ogun state; should be more proactive in their functional duties as a leader of the masses. Quality service delivery and good governance should a priority and a right for every individual.

For another 4 years, as a citizen,we must hold our leaders accountable, the Nigeria of our dream won’t fall from the sky, however it’s not a rocket science for our leaders to deliver basic amenities for the benefit of both rich and the less-privileged in the society.

Source: https://www.femiotawa.com/2019/05/6-hours-in-traffic-on-old-lagos-to.html

Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by helinues: 4:06pm On May 15, 2019
Sango road??

Obasanjo, Yewa/Awori people, present and past Ogun state governors should be blamed
Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by LuciferCelibate: 4:12pm On May 15, 2019
helinues:
[s]Sango road??

Obasanjo, Yewa/Awori people, present and past Ogun state governors should be blamed[/s]
That's past tense.

Present tense:
Buhari has been in power for 4 years now.
Amosun (APC) is the current governor.
Another APC man has been elected governor too.

What are they currently doing about it?

*spits angry
Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by Ekez(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2019
I like lagos traffic
Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by obo389(m): 7:15pm On May 15, 2019
I experienced that Saturday traffic too.
It was hell.
Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by Bluehill1051: 8:22pm On May 15, 2019
Ekez:
I like lagos traffic
You're mad
Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by Ekez(m): 7:34am On May 16, 2019
Bluehill1051:
You're mad
you are madder
Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by Timmypromise(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2019
Ekez:
I like lagos traffic
Guy why
Re: A Nairalander 6hours Bad Traffic Experience On Old Lagos-abeokuta Highway. by Ekez(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2019
Timmypromise:

Guy why
because e no concern me

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Study In Austria.for Jku University Do I Need To Legalise My Documents / 10 Best Small Cities In The World For Affordable Housing And A Thriving Culture / Got An International Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.