Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

The Day After Apocalypse - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day After Apocalypse (429 Views)

The Day After Asaya Kabba- Story By Jolvinlynxx / How I Began To Speak With Isabella The Day After She Died (II) / How I Began To Speak With Isabella The Day After She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Day After Apocalypse by sundayerhun(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2019
The Day After Apocalypse

His eyes flung open, but met with pitch blackness. He could feel something moving all over his body, and suddenly he was on his feet.

"Where am I?" he quizzed.

He felt something move his feet, and he walked. Unexplainably, he knew he was walking out of darkness. The last thing that happened before now - remembered - was he going to bed to sleep.

He stepped into the light. It was so bright he quickly shut his eyes. He opened them slowly, and shaded them, allow his pupils enough time to slowly constrict.

The light filled everywhere, and everywhere was empty. His left and right were a stretch of whiteness, he could not see the end of it. Up above was not the clouds as he had expected. Rather, it was a bright white light that wasn't burning.

He kept walking, still being moved by the force. He was too disoriented to process the myriad of thoughts flooding his head: "Where am I?" "Why am I here?" "Wasn't I asleep a minute ago?" "Is this a dream?" "Where am I going?"

He looked hard but could not see the shape or form of anything. He was supposed to be scared at the intimidating emptiness and brightness of where he was, but his heart was beating normally.

He could not determine how old he was, but he was sure this wasn't how he looked when he went to bed. He neither looked 25 nor 55; he was ageless. He could not see his unclothedness, but also could not see any clothes on his body.

Maybe it's because he just woke. Maybe his head will clear out.

As he walked, the road widened out, but kept running straight. Then he saw what looked like a sea of sand afar off. He estimated it to be about 3KM from where he was.

Relieved a little, he hurried his steps. But his breathing remained normal. As he got closer, he saw it was a gathering of people. It was no small gather. He hurried his steps more.

Closer, he heard the buzzing of bees. Then he stepped into the crowd, they were no bees. They were confused humans just like himself.

They all were scattered; questions flew here and there; people walked up and down. It was a massive crowd, but nobody was in panic.

Not even the little boys and girls.

to be continued
Re: The Day After Apocalypse by michael123pelemo(m): 7:17pm On May 15, 2019
please update this....
Re: The Day After Apocalypse by sundayerhun(m): 6:11am On May 16, 2019
The Day After Apocalypse (2)

There was no cacophonous rendering of the crowd's voice. To him, the word 'crowd' was too little to describe the people he was seeing, let alone the ones that filled (and faded away as tiny bits) his field of vision.

Mr Tony pressed through the multitude. Even that word wouldn't do for Mr Tony.

"This is the end of the world!" A man declared. Just like everyone else, he was without clothes, and not naked. Mr Tony wondered if he was the only one that noticed that. Or maybe he was the only one that bothered.

"Oh, this is judgement", the man declared again in a loud, chilling voice. But no one seemed panicked. Around him, lots of people gathered, probably getting a little distraction from the overwhelming confusion.

He reminded Mr Tony of the preachers that littered his town. They'd always scream, "Repent! Repent before it is too late!", with their shoes reeking of abuse and dirt. He always believed they did it for money.

A young girl was asking the man a question, and Mr Tony stood to listen.

"Are we in hell or heaven?"

Everyone roared in laughter, and Mr Tony was stunned, then angered. He felt they all must be stupid. How come no one was as bothered as he was? Was this a joke?

Probably he was just being paranoid, as usual. Little things bothered him, even matters of faith. With any tiny slack or loose ends in theology, he immediately became skeptic of God. Many a time, he questioned his own very belief in him. If he hadn't been born in a Christian environment, groomed with a Christian influence and education, would he ever had believed in God? Or Jesus?

"We are nowhere!" The man's voice was shrill. Mr Tony came back from his thoughts.

"We are nowhere!", the man repeated. "I have been here for so long, but it's just like a moment ago." He continued, but no one around him seemed to understand. He was enjoying the grin and disgust on their faces.

"Heaven is around us, hell is beneath us. Soon we shall know where we belong. Soon!"

"Crap!" Mr Tony said under his breath and walked away. There's no way he was going to believe he was dead. He could remember events in his life since he was six or seven. His memory was perfect. But there were so many buts.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abducted Love 1 / The Alchemy Of Panaceas, A Poem By Pat Ashinze / The Child Who Loved A Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.