Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Ohakim-on The March Again. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohakim-on The March Again. (677 Views)

''BRF'' -- For -- ''POWER'' : Nigeria On The March Again / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ? / P D M On The March Again: Atiku/soludo In Secret Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohakim-on The March Again. by AndreUweh(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2010
Ohakim picks form for 2011 governorship race
Published on 21 September 2010 with 5 comments
[Post a Comment]
EMMA OGU, Owerri

Governor Ikedi Ohakim of Imo state has picked a form for the primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2011 Imo governorship race.
He has also submitted the form at the party�s secretariat on Okigwe road, Owerri.
It could not be confirmed at press time if any other aspirant has purchased the form to challenge Ohakim in the poll.
However, unconfirmed reports said Senator Ifeanyi Araraume had also picked a form.
Ohakim was quoted in a statement by his chief press secretary, Mr. Henry Ekpe as saying that he was seeking to serve the people of the state for another term of four years, pointing out that he has nothing to do with the issue of waiver by the party.
�I want to state here that I have come here to submit my form to run for a second term as the governor of Imo state. Waiver or no waiver has nothing to do with me.�
The statement said Ohakim will formally declare on September 28, at Dan Anyiam stadium, Owerri.
�I will speak on September 28, 2010. That is the day I will tell Imo people I am running for a second term. Others have been speaking but that day I will �speak,� he said.
On the issue of PDP executive in the state, Ohakim said Imo PDP has only one executive led by Prince Marcon Nlemigbo.
�There is no problem in Imo people. You can see everybody here happy and smiling. There are no bottles or stones flying about. Imo PDP is in peace. If some people stormed out of the party, they also have the right to storm back,� he said.

http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=549
Re: Ohakim-on The March Again. by AndreUweh(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2010
Does Ikedi Ohakim deserve another four years as Gov. of Imo state?.
Re: Ohakim-on The March Again. by monkeyleg: 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2010
No he doesen't and neither do most of the PDP governors
Re: Ohakim-on The March Again. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2010
we must not allow ikedi ohakim return to government house oo, ndi imo we must stop this tyrant.
Re: Ohakim-on The March Again. by Dede1(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2010
He does not deserve another term of tyrannical governance of Imo State. Legally, I do not know if he is qualified to run as a PDP candidate. I guess the PDP executive and members should look into the time period when Ohakim rejoined the party.
Re: Ohakim-on The March Again. by chyz(m): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2010
He'll be the governor again come 2011

(1) (Reply)

How Family Lost 4 Members To Oct 1 Bombings / The Metamorphosis Of 20 Pounds / Lagos 2011: The Dicey Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.