Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? (21300 Views)

Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree? / 4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Archiever22: 9:25pm On May 15, 2019
Actually, I am graduate of Accounting where I graduated with third class degree. I am so frustrated right now because I have not been able to secure a good job after my service.Do I still have a chance to get a good job with my class of degree?
your advice is needed and pls no insult.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 15, 2019
That's not the end of the race. Try it and if they didn't offer you, then look inside of you and bring out the greatness in you. With that, you can be an employer.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 15, 2019
Bro. Certificate is overrated, try entrepreneurship.
acesboy:

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by blank(f): 9:48pm On May 15, 2019
Yes, you can. Start your ICAN exams. Then look for a small accounting firm or a small accounting role.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Samyj247: 5:20am On May 16, 2019
Archiever22:
Actually, I am graduate of Accounting where I graduated with third class degree. I am so frustrated right now because I have not been able to secure a good job after my service.Do I still have a chance to get a good job with my class of degree?
u can bro. u are an archiver last last u go make am. just keep searching for other means to make money apart from job and if job comes good. there are many people out there who doesn't work with their cert

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by onward4life(m): 5:33am On May 16, 2019
Archiever22:

Start thinking of hw to head ur own business ooo

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Austineva(m): 9:35am On May 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by jerflakes(m): 9:36am On May 16, 2019
Become a senator like Dino

19 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Nobody: 9:36am On May 16, 2019
Why not? You can get a good job at Ido market. Cart pushing no need certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by AllenSpencer: 9:36am On May 16, 2019
Why not.....

Focus more on networking instead of applying for jobs

When you meet the right people, You will even get a job a first class has been fasting and praying for

Nigeria employment has nothing to do with Degree, Its about connection. You can have a degree in Zoology and be the heard of logistics in an oil company!

Na today yansh dey for back!

Am telling you from clear reality.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by vizkiz: 9:36am On May 16, 2019
blank:
Yes, you can. Start your ICAN exams. Then look for a small accounting firm or a small accounting role.

Follow this advice.

18 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by alabi484(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2019
Take professional exams
Find something that can bring you some small income then, Offer to intern in an accounting firm.

Look up to God for favour because it's his favour that turns a man's labour to flavour!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by quincyshakur(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2019
Yes nah If u knw person wey knw sombody...But wait oooh weytin u been dey do wey mak u carry third class come out No tak am personal oooh na jus question i ask smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Uhtred(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2019
I'm actually a 3rd class graduate of accounting. University of Ilorin. But I'm presently in the office where I earn a comfortable salary. The most important is self development. You can register for a PG degree and subsequently Masters or professional courses as ICAN, CIBN ETC. The sky is your limit.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Mmlanrehh(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2019
If you believe in your self
You can achieve

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by okonja(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2019
acesboy:
Bro. Certificate is overrated, try entrepreneurship.Bro. Certificate is overrated, try entrepreneurship.

It is not overrated BUT don't rely on it only.

8 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by InvisibleB: 9:38am On May 16, 2019
The comments above have said it all. Develop yourself further get pgd and masters. Have a good network of friends and veer into business. You can even employ first class holders in the future.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 16, 2019
Get a diploma

Do professional exams and get a certificate on them

Then if possible do your ICAN programme

Don't forget to be involved with a side hustle while you are at the three above statements

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by ksbusari(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2019
of course yes. some 1st class graduates have not been able to secure a job with their good certificate even for a day. certificate is overrated. make sure u start making money from other legitimate means till help comes Ur way. this is Nigeria my friend anything can happen soon.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by SarkinYarki: 9:39am On May 16, 2019
Certificate is just mind games so free your mind and fly bro ..even if you finish with 1st class as an accountant nobody will pay you more than 200k a month and it will not help you ... Free your mind and before the end of this year accountants will be begging to do your books

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by helphelp: 9:39am On May 16, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
Why not? You can get a good job at Ido market. Cart pushing no need certificate.

Why do you make cart pushing a bad job? The person engaging in such might probably be richer than you.

To think this is one of the many menial jobs people like you gladly take up abroad

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Rebuke: 9:39am On May 16, 2019
GogobiriLalas:

As$hole.

When real n reasonable people put aside their pride to seek advice, fake and low life like yhu shouldn't comment. If not, yhu will end up displaying yhur stupidity to d whole world.....as yhu jxt did.

Idiots like yhu contribute to the rise in suicide rate in Nigeria today, careless talk on the internet making the soft n weak feel too ridiculed and hopeless.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by orisunmibare01(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2019
take courses in data science with python or R programming languages and become a data scientist....you can then take microsoft certificatinn exam in data science, its just abt 35k.
This gives you edge over ordinary accounting grauates and data scientists without accounting background.
You also have your feet in IT and financial sectors.

op, i just remembered MICROSOFT DYNAMICS too

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by greggng: 9:39am On May 16, 2019
Go and do ican to support it
Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Auxtin85(m): 9:40am On May 16, 2019
Not about your qualifications, itโ€™s about who you know. If you depend on your 3rd class remember there are many unemployed 1st class graduates out there.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by tunjijones(m): 9:41am On May 16, 2019
Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by olori101: 9:41am On May 16, 2019
Yes you can. I graduated with a 3rd class in accounting also and I have changed jobs thrice since I graduted in 2009. I even secured a job before most of the top guys in my class. Certificate is over rated bro.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by Uyi168: 9:41am On May 16, 2019
blank:
Why waste money on another certificate??
Op, try entrepreneurship...

3 Likes

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by UbanmeUdie: 9:43am On May 16, 2019
shocked

How did you come out with a 3rd class?

It is either you were doing kerewawa from one female hostel to the other or you are both dull & broke, coz success is expensive in most of our Nigerian universities.

If you no know book, get the money to use check insults from your lecturers.

I think you actually deserve what you got..

For all those shouting certificate is overrated, us your own clean yansh after u use pit latrine na.

My advice to you is to find a skill and learn or buy a laptop.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by uuzba(m): 9:44am On May 16, 2019
Re: Can I Still Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree In Accounting? by sharpman1(m): 9:45am On May 16, 2019
Archiever22:

1. Register for ACCA

2. Refuse all exemptions and start from the very beginning

3. Make sure you opt in for the BSc Applied Accounting degree offered by ACCA in partnership with Oxford Brookes University

4. Try as much as possible to get a first class in the Oxford Brookes degree

5. Know the courses so well that you can teach them and offer to teach some of the courses (It would improve your teaching skills and network)

6. Complete your ACCA.

Your chances of getting a job during and after the ACCA program will increase greatly.

Best of luck.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Would You Answer This Interview Question / Apply For Nigeria Bottling Company Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.