Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City (36147 Views)

13 Years After: Why Is Eko Atlantic City Still Empty? (Video) / United States Approves $319 Milion For New Consulate In Eko Atlantic / The Nigerian High Commissioner / Consulate To Indonesia Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by MorufuAtanda: 7:39am On May 16, 2019
The American embassy in Nigeria is the most profitable of all their embassies in the world. People save, sell their land to get millions in other to migrate.

I spoke with a friend who is a Nigeria-American, he visited the US embassy at Botswana and Namibia during his Africa tour. Those embassies were as dry as a church on Monday mornings.

The US is even considering closing down the one in Namibia. It's not economically viable. Namibians no send them. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by Jbleenk: 7:47am On May 16, 2019
1,000 hectares? Dem don buy Eko Atlantic City finish be that na those mofos
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by superstar1(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2019
martineverest:
poor calculation....the whole of Lagos Islands will be submerged in 20 years times

See them children of hatred, they wish us bad and yet they keep trooping there on a daily basis in their rickety Ekene Dilichukwu buses.

1 Like

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by kernniejay(m): 7:57am On May 16, 2019
iammo:
cool

Only in a progressive state all thanks to the vission, blue print and leadership of Tinubu/LSG/Chagoury group.

Yorubas are forward thinkers, we don't build statue, we dredge islands, we dont share kerosine , we improve lives

*First TV
*First Radio
*First High school,University and College
* Tower Building
*First man made island (pa adeleke's banana island) Second manmade island(Eko atlantic)

....and still counting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by zoedew: 8:06am On May 16, 2019
Quickest get away spot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by SocialJustice: 8:09am On May 16, 2019
thesicilian:

If you want a consulate that is more accessible to Nigerians, why not relocate to the Lagos mainland?
Aside those in Magodo, Omole, Ogudu, Ikeja, parts of FESTAC and other small pockets, who else travels on the mainland compared to the island.

1 Like

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by martineverest(m): 8:12am On May 16, 2019
superstar1:

See them children of hatred, they wish us bad and yet they keep trooping there on a daily basis in their rickety Ekene Dilichukwu buses.

I'm not from that hatred region.....do u even realize that the entire lekki was swampy area about 20 years ago?.lekki wasn't even existing in 1990s
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by martineverest(m): 8:13am On May 16, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
The American embassy in Nigeria is the most profitable of all their embassies in the world. People save, sell their land to get millions in other to migrate.

I spoke with a friend who is a Nigeria-American, he visited the US embassy at Botswana and Namibia during his Africa tour. Those embassies were as dry as a church on Monday mornings.

The US is even considering closing down the one in Namibia. It's not economically viable. Namibians no send them. grin
isn't it foolish for somebody to sell his land for visa sake, especially now that visa denial is on the rampage?

1 Like

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by zoedew: 8:24am On May 16, 2019
martineverest:
isn't it foolish for somebody to sell his land for visa sake, especially now that visa denial is on the rampage?

Folks will sell all sellable. Unfortunate that they lack vision for a better life in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by Burgerlomo: 8:26am On May 16, 2019
Lovely cool
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by martineverest(m): 8:34am On May 16, 2019
zoedew:

Folks will sell all sellable. Unfortunate that they lack vision for a better life in Nigeria!
it's extremely stupid...most of those ones selling their sellables are the ones going abroad for illegal stay.why sell Ur valuables when there is no assurance that there will be job for u when u get abroad...most Nigerians don't think deep, they are knee-jerkers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by Cosbyrich: 9:17am On May 16, 2019
martineverest:
it's extremely stupid...most of those ones selling their sellables are the ones going abroad for illegal stay.why sell Ur valuables when there is no assurance that there will be job for u when u get abroad...most Nigerians don't think deep, they are knee-jerkers

lol
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by Nobody: 10:11am On May 16, 2019
US, a rich country with trillion dollar weaponry, full of debtors...what an irony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by adeoluphilips: 10:33am On May 16, 2019
bettercreature:
1000 what? Lies from the pit of hell
Where is the 6000 plots of land ?

I'm of the opinion that the writer made mistake to have said 1000 hectares...the land gotten not up to 6 hectares
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by 9jaRealist: 11:39pm On May 16, 2019
Neoviper147:
The money they have been raking from Visa applicants without giving them visa, they are putting it to use in our own land. Nigerian money actually paid for that place.

Did they ask you to apply for visa? SMH
>
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by 9jaRealist: 11:42pm On May 16, 2019
oduademonest:

Nigerians are dumb

Which one concern Agbero with overload...
You should be addressing those Nigerians dying for US visa.
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by 9jaRealist: 11:45pm On May 16, 2019
oduademonest:
Two foreigners signing agreements about Nigeria, and no Nigerian involved.

We have all FAILED

They are signing agreements about land that wouldn’t exist today if not for those ‘foreigners’ (of course Chagoury is legally Nigerian)...
>
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by 9jaRealist: 12:09am On May 17, 2019
Ayo79:
what you fools should be asking yourself is does Roland Chaugury sound like a naija name? Foreigners have taken over Nigeria. Go and look at who owns eko atlantic or eko hotel. No other country will you find any Nigerian owning all the major companies but we allow that stupidity in Nigeria without asking any questions.. more interested in fighting one another while the foreigner steals all our money.... kmt

Wish some Nigerians would quit being such crude and crass xenophobes! undecided

Does Bayo Ogunlesi sound like an American or British name? Does Kase Lawal sound like an American name? Do the Nigerians people were bragging about being Mayors in the UK right here on Nairaland sound like British names? BTW, does JK Randle sound like a “Nigerian” name? The stark IRONY here is that there are literally millions of Nigerians earning their livelihoods abroad and even helping to sustain Nigeria by remitting billions of dollars yearly, but many Nigerians still get the panties in a twist at the idea of foreigners making money in Nigeria.

What exactly does it take to be considered a Nigerian? The Chagoury brothers were born in Nigeria in the 1940s (before many of our grandparents and parents were born or Nigeria even became a country) and lived here most of their lives, but many Nigerians remain stuck in the primordial “settler-indigene” mentality that causes lots of fratricidal slaughtering across this country every year. Meanwhile, they have created more jobs and practically/financially displayed much more faith in this country than many of these blabbering xenophobes. SMH
>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by 9jaRealist: 12:13am On May 17, 2019
Craziestgirl:
Could they change the name Walter Carrington Crescent back to the former name: Eleke Crescent?
(Mr. Eleke was a respected, humble Teacher)
They can name their new abode any name they please.

Who’s “they”? The US mission didn’t change the name of the street, the LASG did...
But since you are bothered with foreign street names, perhaps you should petition for the change of MKO Abiola corner in New York.
>
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by 9jaRealist: 12:19am On May 17, 2019
bendike:
How is it a game changer? Of what benefit? Is stealing money from Nigerians ie taking their money, refusing them visas and not refunding a benefit? Because I assume the funds used to procure the land is from stolen visa fees.
nini007:
And still deny Nigerians visa.

Visa is not your right...
Sit your behind in your country and make it as good as theirs.
>
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by 9jaRealist: 12:32am On May 17, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
no.matter how they see themselves.. they are not Nigerians

What exactly does it take to be considered a Nigerian? The Chagoury brothers were born in Nigeria in the 1940s (before many of our grandparents and parents were born or Nigeria even became a country) and lived here most of their lives, but many Nigerians remain stuck in the primordial “settler-indigene” mentality that causes lots of fratricidal slaughtering across this country every year. Meanwhile, they have created more jobs and practically/financially displayed much more faith in this country than many of NL’s blabbering xenophobes. SMH
>

3 Likes

Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by ItalianWine(f): 5:23am On May 17, 2019
platinumventure:

Done it wit no response b4 mentioning u....let me know if u got d contact so I can go to deir office or email or WhatsApp...

Please let's me have your mail so I can forward a request to them for you.
Re: US To Relocate Consulate To Eko Atlantic City by platinumventure: 6:49pm On May 18, 2019
ItalianWine:

Please let's me have your mail so I can forward a request to them for you.

I cannot put up my private mail on a public forum...if you have a business service for my business then do d needful if u wish to be patronised

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndSARSMemorial Starts With A Car Procession At Lekki Tollgate / The Man In Aso Rock Is Buhari, Ngige Swears / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.