Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 (6654 Views)

I'm 35 Years Unmarried Lady Part 2 / Isn’t This Hypocrisy On This Lady’s Part? Photos!! / Rants Of A Single Lady Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nmezor:
Hmmm, no part 4... OP has Mr RiGHT located you? or have you located him instead?
lol, part 4 is still in the pipe line. grin
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nmezor(f): 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol, part 4 is still in the pipe line. grin
Hmmm, I see smiley
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Apination(m): 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
i cant remember asking you for help? undecided
It's no surprise that you are where you are. You were talking about late marriages running in some families as though your family or village people were responsible but you are actually your own problem, no matter how many rants you put out, it wouldn't change nothing. Work on yourself first and then people would take interest in you, your response says it all undecided
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Apination:

It's no surprise that you are where you are. You were talking about late marriages running in some families as though your family or village people were responsible but you are actually your own problem, no matter how many rants you put out, it wouldn't change nothing. Work on yourself first and then people would take interest in you, your response says it all undecided
lol mr advicer ,. I have come across your type in the real world,i have heard, . tongue,it is my rant, i don't have to ass lick anyone so i can be seen as wife material,my response is very much on point ,Lol ,now move along.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Apination(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol mr advicer ,. I have come across your type in the real world,i have heard, . tongue,it is my rant, i don't have to ass lick anyone so i can be seen as wife material,my response is very much on point ,Lol ,now move along.
Stupid hoe undecided
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
Apination:

Stupid hoe undecided
your real mama grin

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Vested(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
truthsayer009:

Well, good people move in groups, If you want I can link you up with friend(s) of mine who obviously will not be different in thought & lifestyle from me. Issue is there is a high probability you will complain of one thing or the other.

Same reason people complain they can't find good women in Nigeria, Ehn they are all Oloshos, Gold diggers etc. Look closely, you'll see one quiet good girl who has all the qualities they need seeking for attention, but No they're there looking for the Media validation of what beauty should be & keep ranting on Nairaland that they're no good women in Nigeria.

The bolded is SO TRUE!!!
Unfortunately, I learnt this the hard way.

I lost a girl whom I felt didn't meet my standards of beauty as well as that of my peers around me. Till date, i miss that lady so much even though she's married now.
It has taught me one thing - always to look deeper than the eye depicts. I have learnt to weigh values, attitude and upbringing now in women. I also advise my friends same because that's what matters

I hope OP can learn from my experience cos even though it's years for me, I'm still hurting from missing that girl.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Apination(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
your real mama grin
Flog all your family members put dem inside gutter grin
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
Apination:

Flog all your family members put dem inside gutter grin
your ancestors both on your mother and your father's side tongue

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Apination(m): 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
your ancestors both on your mother and your father's side tongue
Sit down ontop your ancestors head grin
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
Apination:

Sit down ontop your ancestors head grin
go rot in hell with your ancestors and take a gallon of fuel with you grin

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
Vested:

The bolded is SO TRUE!!!
Unfortunately, I learnt this the hard way.

I lost a girl whom I felt didn't meet my standards of beauty as well as that of my peers around me. Till date, i miss that lady so much even though she's married now.
It has taught me one thing - always to look deeper than the eye depicts. I have learnt to way values, attitude and upbringing now in women. I also advise my friends same because that's what matters

I hope OP can learn from my experience cos even though it's years for me, I'm still hurting from missing that girl.
Thank for your contribution. But it was the other way round for me,i was jilted.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Get a job and pack out of your family house, that should do.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
truthsayer009:
@Duggedised12:

Okay talk time. So guess what? Do you know If you actually want a Husband, you can get it in a Month, Yes I said in a month. Let's put Money aside honestly, the same friends which you envy & look at getting married every weekend are picking guys that you wouldn't even think fit into your criteria of what a Man should be.

I've discovered every lady crying Wolf about marriage isn't crying because there are no Men approaching them, but they need a certain kind of Man, Not that I'm against that ideology but don't cry when you know you've set standards for yourself & some people have not met such standard.
Some people get lucky & they find Men who meet the standards in short time, some don't.

Miss A's Destiny is different from Miss B.

I would advise that you stay put & keep your trust in God, I want to believe you have other things going for you like Career, activities etc
Not every lady will settle for the less, take it into your thick skull.

You expect her to marry someone she doesn't find attractive, so that in the nearest future, she will then start cheating on him with a colleague at work.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
Pattypatt:
Get a job and pack out of your family house, that should do.
i have a job sis. Used to live alone too, was convinced ladies staying alone were seen as wayward was even discouraged from traveling out as singles ladies past a certain age abroad dont get husbands so i was told.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
i have a job sis. Used to start alone too, was convinced ladies staying alone were seen as wayward was even discouraged from traveling out as singles ladies past a certain age abroad dont get husbands so i was told.
My dear, you will be depressed if you continue staying with your parents. I will be going to service by next month and I have already told them I will be staying alone after my service camp, I'm not even sure I will be back for Xmas. Parents are good at putting unnecessary pressure on their kids, though mine are not like that, just my aunties and uncle putting the pressure, I will advise you to stay on your own and be far from them.

Don't worry about husband, when its your time, husband will come, I'm not bothered.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Pattypatt:
My dear, you will be depressed if you continue staying with your parents. I will be going to service by next month and I have already told them I will be staying alone after my service camp, I'm not even sure I will be back for Xmas. Parents are good at putting unnecessary pressure on their kids, though mine are not like that, just my aunties and uncle putting the pressure, I will advise you to stay on your own and be far from them.

Don't worry about husband, when its your time, husband will come, I'm not bothered.
I am not bothered either,people think i have refused to move on from my failed long term relationship,so they probably think mounting pressure will do the trick.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Vested(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Duggedised12:
Thank for your contribution. But it was the other way round for me,i was jilted.

I can relate.
I was only giving an opinion based on my experience especially when it pertains to our search for a compatible partner.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 7:31am On Jul 26, 2019
Vested:

I can relate.
I was only giving an opinion based on my experience especially when it pertains to our search for a compatible partner.
very true. I very much agree with you on that.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2019
Pattypatt:
Not every lady will settle for the less, take it into your thick skull.

You expect her to marry someone she doesn't find attractive, so that in the nearest future, she will then start cheating on him with a colleague at work.

I'm sure you're too young to understand what I wrote. You just finished school I guess, but not to worry. Nairaland will still keep it's content 5 years from now. You'll understand then.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by meobizy(f): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
OP is older than 35. Lol.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
meobizy:
OP is older than 35. Lol.
wrong,i am not. Assumptions are not characteristics of smart people.

2 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by jclassiq(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2019
Duggedised12:
First , thank you nairaland for providing an avenue for me to bare my mind.

I wish I could write a sign board in from of my house that says "husband wanted apply within" without getting judged since the pressure of marriage has become too much to bear.

I wish those who see me and make remarks like "when is she settling down sef?" Will not lump me among the "choosy spinster" not knowing I wasted a good number of my years in a long term relationship with promise of marriage only to be disappointed at the end.

I wish I could put "single and searching " on social media and not have married men looking for free cookie wanting to cash in assuming I am desperate and play boys playing the part of serious bachelor just to get free cookie.

Maybe its a curse cos I heard late marriage runs in some families, maybe I am just unlucky ,maybe its something I am not doing right ,maybe just maybe .

I wish I could ask a guy out and he will take me serious and not think I brought him my cookie for free.

Dem say boyfriend full everywhere na husband scarce ,but thats because one guy can be dating 5 ladies with all the ladies thinking they have a boyfriend until he decides to settle down.

How I wish I can meet you. Sincerely.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 9:54am On Sep 29, 2019
jclassiq:

How I wish I can meet you. Sincerely.
alright
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by jclassiq(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2019
Blackmiserable:

There's no means for anonymous folks who have never seen you to size you up - I mean, on the INTERNET, maybe, just maybe, you want to write a very vivid description with a link to one of your social media account (after all, many people dey see your face since 1900 so wtf), if you're really serious. If you can't do both, do one. I have actually wooed a woman I stumbled on Reddit just because she admitted to being a virgin, so you never know, people are just different.

Even though females should be the object of desire, there's certainly and absolutely nothing wrong in pursuing men for marriage. God made marriage for you so if the mountain wouldn't come to Muhammad; Muhammad can go to the mountain. If I have wares like Chicken for sale, it is in my best interest to put out "Chicken is sold here" signpost.

You want a husband and he's not forthcoming; you can make that clear especially through means like the web and this Nigerian forum where we have Nigerians from all nooks and cranny, without sounding weird. Believe me dear sister even if you're as ugly as shit, there's a man for you. You may want to say: "If you want sex or any type of intimacy (before the relationship gains any momentum) before we get married then I am not for you; I am not going to give my body until we're married."

Men want to be attracted to their spouse and beauty, as you know, is relative. Let's see your pics and share your email address, too, your husband is around the corner. But on a serious note, why are you still unmarried? Are you that ugly? Aren't there unmarried bachelors in your church? Do you go to church? Are you hot tempered or... because there's hardly any woman who doesn't get wooed on a regular basis. Even if it's so bad, at least once a month or two. Are you saying all your suitors just want your body and aren't really interested in marriage? Maybe you want to change location or city.

If you are beautiful, I CAN GET YOU A SPOUSE ON REDDIT WHO WOULD FLY ALL THE WAY FROM OBODO OYIBO FOR MARRIAGE. WHY? THE DATING SUBREDDITS THERE ARE HEAVILY SKEWED, ALTHOUGH MANY JUST WANT A FLING, YOU'D STILL SEE THAT MANY WHITE GUYS THERE THAT WOULD RUSH YOU LIKE INDOMIE.

Remember your servant! God don butter your bread I swear!

Can you do this same thing for a guy? I'm on reddit but not quite conversant.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by jclassiq(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2019
Duggedised12:
alright

I sent you a mail, kindly reply pls.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by LolaO(f): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2019
Duggedised12:
First , thank you nairaland for providing an avenue for me to bare my mind.

I wish I could write a sign board in from of my house that says "husband wanted apply within" without getting judged since the pressure of marriage has become too much to bear.

I wish those who see me and make remarks like "when is she settling down sef?" Will not lump me among the "choosy spinster" not knowing I wasted a good number of my years in a long term relationship with promise of marriage only to be disappointed at the end.

I wish I could put "single and searching " on social media and not have married men looking for free cookie wanting to cash in assuming I am desperate and play boys playing the part of serious bachelor just to get free cookie.

Maybe its a curse cos I heard late marriage runs in some families, maybe I am just unlucky ,maybe its something I am not doing right ,maybe just maybe .

I wish I could ask a guy out and he will take me serious and not think I brought him my cookie for free.

Dem say boyfriend full everywhere na husband scarce ,but thats because one guy can be dating 5 ladies with all the ladies thinking they have a boyfriend until he decides to settle down.

I totally relate.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2019
LolaO:

I totally relate.
my sister, nor be small thing o.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2019
jclassiq:

I sent you a mail, kindly reply pls.
ok
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Blackmiserable(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
jclassiq:

Can you do this same thing for a guy? I'm on reddit but not quite conversant.

I am no longer into that again, sadly. However, you can visit female-dominated subreddits and try sha.

Try

reddit.com/r/r4r
reddit.com/r/askwomen
reddit.com/r/curlyhair
reddit.com/r/r/Women
reddit.com/r/r/FancyFollicles

There are still many others like /r/RedditLaqueristas. You have to be quite discerning though; I mean there are discussions that talks about singleness and how they cope with being lonely etc, etc and that's what you want to visit.

Just use common sense. I cannot advice you more than this.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2019
wink
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Youngpo413: 10:34am On Jan 27, 2021
Duggedised12:
The same way we are not born equal and are not born with equal opportunities, some people are just unlucky when it comes to relationships and not about standards. Sometimes things happen for no fault of ours and not.because of our own doing.
Make more money and enjoy your life,marriage nowadays is a joke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Do This As A Guy Or A Lady / My 25years Of Masturbation (suicidal Note) / Bad Guys, What Do U Have To Say About This Pics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.