Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me (3728 Views)

My Fiancee's Unstable Look Is Threatening Our Relationship. Please Advice Me / I'm Losing My Mind Moving On From My Past Relationship. Please Help Me Out Guys / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me by barackodam: 5:38am On May 17, 2019
I've been in the exact same situation, last year. It was a 3 year relationship, not 4. And she broke off cos of the same exact reason.

I didn't care enough to check on her for 2 weeks.

Here's the thing, I knew she were lying. Because prior to that, I had called her, daily, consecutively, for 4/5 days, and she missed all, didn't return any ,but kept coming online daily on WhatsApp, still didn't message me on WhatsApp. This meant one thing, she was seeing my calls, but ignoring them. So, I stopped calling for the supposed 2 weeks. And she called me on the 15th day to break up with me over text message in the middle of my final exams which made me wonder why she had to pick that exact moment to break up with me. Arguably the most important stage of my life.

I enquired, she gave the reason, somehow, I managed to put everything behind me and focus on my exams. By the time I finished, plus the 2 weeks prior, I'd gotten a bit over it. Her antics, and lies made it easier for me to get over her.

Took me a month, and great deal of focus on my exams to get over it. You need something important to bury your head in, something that would make you rarely think about her. By the time some weeks pass, you'd have gotten used to not thinking about her.

Same applies for ladies also. Good luck to us all

Gospeltruth01

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2019
It's not going to be easy actually in my own case because I have up to 500 pics of me and she and also my parents, even my younger sister wedding she is in most of the pics.in my laptop her pics and videos is virtually everywhere.I need to find a good time to delete all of them,am also an introvert and I don't have much friends coupled with the fact that my work gives me ample time,the maximum number of times I can go to work in week is 3times and so most time am free.what I use to clear my head sometimes is to fuel my car and drive far away to see some peeps and discuss or take a beer or two.she has made me a laughing stock because some of my friends tried to make me cheat on her wen we were dating and I declined by telling dem I have a serious lady for marriage,I feel so empty most times.I even planned on renting an apartment in gwarimpa,Abuja so we can start life there and I thank God I have not done it yet before this disappointment. My dad keeps asking me if we are still going for d Intro this year.its not easy but I gotta keeping moving
Re: How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me by united442(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2019
Aaaaarghmed:
It's not going to be easy actually in my own case because I have up to 500 pics of me and she and also my parents, even my younger sister wedding she is in most of the pics.in my laptop her pics and videos is virtually everywhere.I need to find a good time to delete all of them,am also an introvert and I don't have much friends coupled with the fact that my work gives me ample time,the maximum number of times I can go to work in week is 3times and so most time am free.what I use to clear my head sometimes is to fuel my car and drive far away to see some peeps and discuss or take a beer or two.she has made me a laughing stock because some of my friends tried to make me cheat on her wen we were dating and I declined by telling dem I have a serious lady for marriage,I feel so empty most times.I even planned on renting an apartment in gwarimpa,Abuja so we can start life there and I thank God I have not done it yet before this disappointment. My dad keeps asking me if we are still going for d Intro this year.its not easy but I gotta keeping moving

bro you are a man..ah swear..

take heart..

with ur comment,u ar going to move on way too quickgrin

na wa shaaa...
Re: How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me by aytuns(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2019
pocohantas:
Listen to Westlife...
Ha. wrong advice.. you want him to cry forever??
Re: How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me by Nobody: 10:26am On May 17, 2019
Been there, done that.
Embrace your hurt, it is you and you are it.

Months down the road, you will look back and laugh at yourself for this present feeling of vulnerability.

That's what make us human.
Re: How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me by evil1: 10:56am On May 17, 2019
themaestro08:
my situation is somehow similar to that of op, need your advice.
the truth is i have had several relationships similar to that but on the last one, i had to tell myself that meehn its not what worth d cry an pain cos i presume other better girls will definitely come....
rather i should use my tym to develop myself especially on finace cos thats all what they want. i developed myself in terms of love when i started reading the ART OF SEDUCTION and applied some of its principles there to my self and relationship life.
trust me that love part is gone.

once u focus on other things in ur life all this love stories wont be there n trust me that way u will be able to get a nice girl even if she stays with u for a short while.

i am not saying i am more successful today but the development i have built make some girls see mee as someone who is intelligent even though i know am not and they want to be with me just to show me off that they hv a brilliant BF

i dont know if i answered u though

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me by evil1: 11:01am On May 17, 2019
themaestro08:
my situation is somehow similar to that of op, need your advice.

the truth is no matter how long it takes u will get over it. just let who ever wants to leave the relationship to go.... u will surely see and hv better ones to come.
i used to hv a gf who left me for a Yahoo guy i waas deeply hurt for months now she wants to cum back reasons best known to her despite wen she knows i cannot pay her bills regularly n i told her Yes
i said YES cos i know she will no longer be relevant in my life not to talk abt love.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ruler Of Dubai Is Currently Heartbroken. He Is Suspecting Wife Of Cheating / Help Needed, My Friend Is Pregnant � For Her Bestie ... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.