|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,255,912 members, 4,936,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2019 at 03:46 AM
Coping With Regulatory Demands Of The Nigerian Groupage Market / How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China / Best Method To Handle Less Container Load (groupage) Shipping To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)
|Benefit From Groupage Shipping (learn How) by Tayogeorge(m): 12:49pm On May 16|
Groupage refers to the combination of cargo from more than one shipper and or to more than one consignee for shipment together. It is usually in a single shipping container. One arrival, the container is unloaded and each individual shipment may be claimed by its appropriate consignee. It is also called consolidation.
Groupage is the same as LCL (Less than Container Load). Transporting a shipment with other goods in the container is referred to as LCL. That means that multiple LCL shipments with different Bills of Lading and different owners can be loaded in a single container. Any space used in the container is subject to a charge.
Benefits of Groupage Shipping
1. Groupage (LCL) shipping is a cheap method to ship less than container load to Nigeria.
2. A few freights in can be transported in one truck. We transport consolidated cargos for our clients on a regular basis.
3. Cost of shipping Package by Ocean Freight is reduced when you share container.
4. Full truck load. There is no empty loading space remaining, for which extra payment would have to be made.
5. Shipping cost is shared. As a result, you receive a better, cheaper and affordable rate.
6. Small freights would be shipped without over-payment.
7. Delivery of small quantities of goods without overpaying.
Procedure or Process of Groupage Shipping
1. Schedule a Pick up and we can receive in Our overseas Facility
2. Create Shipment: After an agreement has been made between supplier in any country and importer in Nigeria, importer will contact freight forwarder in Nigeria who has a network in the country of supply.
3. Freight Forwarder Receive Cargo details and supplier's contact: After the release of cargo details and supplier's contact details to the freight forwarder, the forwarder will contact supplier to double check the shipment information provided by the importer, in order to work out best modality.
4. Forwarder do the Pick up or Supplier Send shipment to freight forwarder: Depending on what fits in, most forwarders can pick up from supplier warehouse, and supplier can ship to forwarder's export warehouse, from where cargo is prepared for export to Nigeria.
Groupage shipping transit time to Nigeria
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41