Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:29 PM

How To Overcome Suicidal Thoughts (part 2) Helpguid.org - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Overcome Suicidal Thoughts (part 2) Helpguid.org (243 Views)

How To Overcome Suicidal Thoughts (Part 1) helpguide.org / How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome Suicidal Thoughts (part 2) Helpguid.org by Justasiam(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2019
Why do I feel suicidal?

Many kinds of emotional pain can lead to thoughts of suicide. The reasons for this pain are unique to each one of us, and the ability to cope with the pain differs from person to person. We are all different. There are, however, some common causes that may lead us to experience suicidal thoughts and feelings.

Why suicide can seem like the only option

If you are unable to think of solutions other than suicide, it is not that other solutions don’t exist, but rather that you are currently unable to see them. The intense emotional pain that you’re experiencing right now can distort your thinking so it becomes harder to see possible solutions to problems, or to connect with those who can offer support. Therapists, counselors, friends or loved ones can help you to see solutions that otherwise may not be apparent to you. Give them a chance to help.

A suicidal crisis is almost always temporary

Although it might seem as if your pain and unhappiness will never end, it is important to realize that crises are usually temporary. Solutions are often found, feelings change, unexpected positive events occur. Remember: suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Give yourself the time necessary for things to change and the pain to subside.

Even problems that seem hopeless have solutions

Mental health conditions such as depression, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder are all treatable with changes in lifestyle, therapy, and medication. Most people who seek help can improve their situation and recover. Even if you have received treatment for a disorder before, or if you’ve already made attempts to solve your problems, know that it’s often necessary to try different approaches before finding the right solution or combination of solutions. When medication is prescribed, for example, finding the right dosage often requires an ongoing process of adjustment. Don’t give up before you’ve found the solution that works for you. Virtually all problems can be treated or resolved.

Take these immediate actions

Step #1: Promise not to do anything right now

Even though you’re in a lot of pain right now, give yourself some distance between thoughts and action. Make a promise to yourself: “I will wait 24 hours and won’t do anything drastic during that time.” Or, wait a week.

Thoughts and actions are two different things—your suicidal thoughts do not have to become a reality. There is no deadline, no one’s pushing you to act on these thoughts immediately. Wait. Wait and put some distance between your suicidal thoughts and suicidal action.

Step #2: Avoid drugs and alcohol

Suicidal thoughts can become even stronger if you have taken drugs or alcohol. It is important to not use nonprescription drugs or alcohol when you feel hopeless or are thinking about suicide.

Step #3: Make your home safe

Remove things you could use to hurt yourself, such as pills, knives, razors, or firearms. If you are unable to do so, go to a place where you can feel safe. If you are thinking of taking an overdose, give your medicines to someone who can return them to you one day at a time as you need them.

Step #4: Don’t keep these suicidal feelings to yourself

Many of us have found that the first step to coping with suicidal thoughts and feelings is to share them with someone we trust. It may be a family member, friend, therapist, member of the clergy, teacher, family doctor, coach, or an experienced counselor at the end of a helpline. Find someone you trust and let them know how bad things are. Don’t let fear, shame, or embarrassment prevent you from seeking help. And if the first person you reach out to doesn’t seem to understand, try someone else. Just talking about how you got to this point in your life can release a lot of the pressure that’s building up and help you find a way to cope.

Step #5: Take hope – people DO get through this

Even people who feel as badly as you are feeling now manage to survive these feelings. Take hope in this. There is a very good chance that you are going to live through these feelings, no matter how much self-loathing, hopelessness, or isolation you are currently experiencing. Just give yourself the time needed and don’t try to go it alone.

Reaching out for help

Even if it doesn’t feel like it right now, there are many people who want to support you during this difficult time. Reach out to someone. Do it now. If you promised yourself 24 hours or a week in step #1 above, use that time to tell someone what’s going on with you. Talk to someone who won’t try to argue about how you feel, judge you, or tell you to just “snap out of it.” Find someone who will simply listen and be there for you.

It doesn’t matter who it is, as long as it’s someone you trust and who is likely to listen with compassion and acceptance.

How to talk to someone about your suicidal thoughts

Even when you’ve decided who you can trust to talk to, admitting your suicidal thoughts to another person can be difficult.

Tell the person exactly what you are telling yourself. If you have a suicide plan, explain it to them.
Phrases such as, ‘I can’t take it anymore’ or ‘I’m done’ are vague and do not illustrate how serious things really are. Tell the person you trust that you are thinking about suicide.
If it is too difficult for you to talk about, try writing it down and handing a note to the person you trust. Or send them an email or text and sit with them while they read it.
What if you don’t feel understood?

If the first person you reached out to doesn’t seem to understand, tell someone else or call a suicide crisis helpline. Don’t let a bad experience stop you from finding someone who can help.

Re: How To Overcome Suicidal Thoughts (part 2) Helpguid.org by philip88: 4:56pm On May 16, 2019
THE SECRETS OF SPIRITUAL WARFARE
PART 2.
Hello my Dear in the Lord Jesus Christ,
I welcome you to this second edition of the secrets of spiritual warfare.
I hope you are applying these secrets and prayers in your daily life. May God grant you all your desires , in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Whenever you are praying, always pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
Do not pray in the name of “Jesus” only because some evil people that have evil churches pray in the name of their god called JESUS. Many people answer the name JESUS including Jesus the footballer but none of them answer the name CHRIST except our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of God.
Satan can call one of his demonic agents the name “JESUS” but satan can not call his demonic agent CHRIST. So, always put the name JESUS CHRIST in all your prayers. The name CHRIST makes the difference and is above all names.
I want to firmly assure you that prayer will be answered (see Acts. 10, 11 and 12).
As a prayer warrior, there are three answers that you receive from God.
The first is YES: meaning that the Lord God had granted your request.
The second answer from the Lord is NO; meaning that the Lord does not want to grant your request due to sin, or one reason or another best known to him or that what you requested will harm you or others.
The third answer you can receive from the Lord is WAIT: meaning that it is not yet time for you to have what you requested. That the Lord cannot grant your request at that moment in time but will grant it later when situations are favourable for your request to be granted or that the thing you requested will be useful to you at a later time and not now.
Africa as a devil’s continent needs miracles and provision because people are poor and cannot afford medical help.
In advanced and developed countries, they do not need it because they have National Health Service.
But there are some terminal diseases that their National Health Service cannot control or cure even with modern medicine.
Many of these deadly and terminal diseases were caused by evil spirits and demonic attacks.
But right now, right here, from the realm of prophecy and revelation in the Holy of Holies Altar and Temple Sanctuary of God, we now have a powerful Holy Blessed spiritual handkerchief for instant healing and uncommon deliverance from deadly terminal uncurable diseases caused by by oppression by evil spirits and demonic attacks. Try it today.
This powerful Blessed Spiritual Handkerchief can be shipped to you, anywhere you are and to any country of the world on your request.
We will tell you how to use this specially blessed spiritual handkerchief and the prayers you will say over it, to obtain your healing as soon as we receive your request.
The blessed holy spiritual handkerchief will return the sickness , back to the sender , as proof of your healing, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Please and Please, Remember to share your testimony with us.
May God be with you, protect you and bless you and your family abundantly, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Prophet Philip Ifesinachi Anochie (a.k.a Prophet Solution);
Prophet, Seer and Revelator ; Power of Jesus Christ Prayer, Deliverance and Miracles International Church.
Prophet Philip Anochie World Outreach of the Power of Jesus Christ Prayer, Deliverance and Miracles International Ministries Worldwide.
Holy of Holies Altar and Temple Sanctuary of God.
Worldwide Altar to Altar Intervention Service.
Telephone: +2348166582414, +2348140624643, +2348173175179.
E-mail: philipanochie@gmail.com OR philipanochie@yahoo.co.uk.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/philip.anochie
http://www.facebook.com/philip.anochie.716.
Re: How To Overcome Suicidal Thoughts (part 2) Helpguid.org by philip88: 4:57pm On May 16, 2019
LET US PRAY.
( To be done at night between the hours of 12 midnight and 3am)
• I totally trust in my Lord Jesus Christ, and I am not leaning on my own understanding, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• I fill my heart with the words of faith, I receive and speak the word of faith, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• The young lions do lack and suffer hunger; but I who seeks the Lord God Almighty, shall not lack any good thing, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• God is my rock and my house of defence, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• In the name of Jesus Christ, I hand over all my battles to the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord fights for me and I hold my peace, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• I believe that the Lord, has bowed down his righteous ears, to deliver me speedily, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• I believe that I shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory, I shall boast myself and all shall see and shall acknowledge that I am the seed , which the Lord has blessed, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, give unto me, the spirit of revelation and wisdom in the knowledge of yourself, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, make your way plain before my face on this issue, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, reveal to me every secret behind any problem that I have, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, bring to light , everything planned against me in darkness, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• I remove my name, from the book of those who grope and stumble in darkness, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, make me a vessel capable of knowing your secret things, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, let the teeth of the enemy , over my country, break , in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• I cast out , my pursuers, as the dirt in the street, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• By your favour, O Lord, the people whom I have not known shall serve me, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me, the strangers shall submit unto me, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• You dark strangers in my life, fade away and be afraid, out of your close places, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O God, avenge me and subdue my adversaries under me , in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, hear me in the day of trouble, and let the name of the God of Jacob, defend me, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, send me help from your sanctuary and strengthen me out of Zion, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, hear my voice whenever I call, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O God, visit every power lying against me with destruction, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, let the dry wind from heaven blow down the pillars of their confident buildings, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• Hot coals of fire from heaven, burn down their houses, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, let the enemies of my country, become merely another story told, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• My Father, let my enemies fall, by their own counsel, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
• O Lord, cast out my enemies in the multitude of their transgressions, in the holy and mighty name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Prophet Philip Ifesinachi Anochie (a.k.a Prophet Solution);
Prophet, Seer and Revelator ; Power of Jesus Christ Prayer, Deliverance and Miracles International Church.

Prophet Philip Anochie World Outreach of the Power of Jesus Christ Prayer, Deliverance and Miracles International Ministries.

Altar to Altar Intervention Worldwide.

Holy of Holies Altar and Temple Sanctuary of God.

Telephone: +2348166582414, +2348140624643, +2348173175179.
E-mail: philipanochie@gmail.com OR philipanochie@yahoo.co.uk.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/philip.anochie
Re: How To Overcome Suicidal Thoughts (part 2) Helpguid.org by chuksville(m): 5:39pm On May 16, 2019
Say No to Depression & Suicide!

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Suicide - Don’t Believe The Lies Of The Devil / Deeper Life Church Suspends Couple’s Marriage For Eating Together / A Short Advise To Future Successful Men/women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.