Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad (558 Views)

Brazilians Stone Their Team To Welcome Them From World Cup / How Does FIFA Make Money From World Cup? / Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad by gatecrash123: 1:57pm On May 17, 2019
Super Falcons’ Courtney Dike says she knows that decision has been taken to drop her from the Falcons squad to France for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup before her invitation, but she has pledged her support to the team at the tournament.

The attacker believes she deserves a place in the
team due to her scintillating performance in the
team’s 6-1 win over Iceland , where she scored on
three occasions.

“I’ve gotten a ridiculous amount of questions about
my absence for the upcoming cup,” Dike stated.

“Although I scored a hat trick in the last camp I was
unfortunately not selected. While I do not agree with
this decision, I will respect it.
Dike added that working as an account has not
affected her performance on the pitch and the team’s
technical crew are aware of her fitness level before
inviting her to the team.

“Yes, I am actively working as an accountant and I’m
usually busy but everyone was aware of that
beforehand.”

“I always make time for things I love and I am
passionate about and was prepared to do what was
necessary to make it work.

“I continued to train as instructed and I continued to
get questions asking what airport I will fly out of, to
provide bio information, speak about the camp and
tournament, etc.

“I’ve reported my physical activity within the last
month as instructed as well. I was invited to camp
with the assumed opportunity of performing well
translating into more opportunity.”
The former Falconets star however was grateful for
the opportunity given to her and added that she will
be rooting for the Falcons at the World Cup .

“Looking back, I prefer not having an invitation than a
decision already being made about me before my
arrival.

“That being said I’m extremely grateful for the
opportunities I received in the past and my girls will
always have a special place in my heart. I’ll be rooting
for you all! Forever and always.”

Re: Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad by gatecrash123: 1:58pm On May 17, 2019
Re: Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 17, 2019
Welcome to the real nigeria
Re: Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad by DerideGull(m): 12:31am On May 18, 2019
Nigeria is a basket of disappointments.
Re: Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad by gatecrash123: 6:44am On May 18, 2019
DerideGull:
Nigeria is a basket of disappointments.
true, the girl is a great player, myself, I keep wondering why she was dropped.
Re: Dike Disagrees With Dennerby’s Decision To Leave Her Out From World Cup Squad by markhalifa(m): 7:04am On May 18, 2019
abeggy, she should pursue her accounting career and leave football for others,she can't b doing 2 profession at a time, and expect to be that good

(1) (Reply)

Google celebrates Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji on his Posthumous Birthday / Official: Nigeria's Lineup Against Guinea / Messi Reportedly Apologizes To CONMEBOL & AFA Want Investigation Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.