Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,362 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets (8250 Views)

Who Is The Best Legislator In This Curent Dispensation? / Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / Comrade Mr And Mrs Oshiomole On Khaki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2010
the pro gej brigade's modus operandi aside from painting gej as some sort of miracle working messiah - has been to smear all the opposition as corrupt looters thieves etc.

so lets go back in time. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-69172.0.html

Why I haven’t made my assets public ––Jonathan
By Bisi Olaniyi
Published: Sunday, 29 Jul 2007
The Vice President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, on Saturday said he would not make his declaration of assets public because no Nigerian law, for now, makes such mandatory.

Besides, he said he declared his assets five times, which could be confirmed at the Code of Conduct Bureau.

Jonathan, the immediate past governor of Bayelsa State, also declined to give the state‘s debt profile.

The VP spoke at an interactive forum with journalists at the Government House, Yenagoa in company with the state Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva, among other top government officials.

A senior Bayelsa state government official, however, told Sunday Punch on the condition of anonymity that the state’s debt is put at N58 billion.

But Sylva had said the VP left N20billion asset in investment portfolio.

Jonathan said, ”There is nobody as at the time he leaves government, if you want to be frank, who can state exactly how much that is left behind or how much that they are owing.

”Even if I know, it will be wrong for me to tell you now that the governor has been here for almost two months. ”I remember in Oyo state where the governor said he left over N20 billion and the governor who took over said he met an empty treasury. I think it is not necessary.

”Even as I speak now, if I ask Sylva (Governor Timipre) how much money is the asset base of Bayelsa in terms of investments in banks, he will not tell you.”

On the public declaration of his assets, the VP said, ”It is not my duty to come and publish. If the law says so, I will, but it has not.”

Sylva, in his remarks, described the Otuoke, Ogbia LGA-born VP as a very modest person, who had done so much for the state.

The Bayelsa governor stressed that what he saw on the ground in the state was far in excess of what he expected, adding that a huge asset base was left behind.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20070729164192

apparently gej finally declared and his assets at the time were worth N295.3m

fast forward to today

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5573493-146/story.csp

Jonathan, Sambo declare assets

By Sebastine Ebhuomhan

Print print Email email Share Share

President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo yesterday complied with the constitutional provision which required them to declare their assets on assumption of office.

The Code of Conduct Bureau confirmed this yesterday in Abuja when it told NEXT that both Mr Jonathan and Mr Sambo have submitted their asset forms to the bureau for internal verification. The head of press unit in the organisation, Idowu Jokpeyibo said both public officials are deemed to have declared their assets with the submission of all relevant forms to the bureau.

Officials however refused to comment on the contents of the forms submitted by the President and his deputy, insisting that the documents were secret papers. They also ignored questions about the process of verifying the information contained in the forms.

Mrs Jokpeyibo said, “Having cross-checked the official record before me following your enquiry, I can confirm to you that the Code of Conduct Bureau is in receipt of the assets forms of both the President and Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I will get back in touch with you as soon as I get the particular day the forms were submitted by the public servants.”

What the law says

According to the 11th code of the bureau’s handbook for Public Officers, (1): “Every public officer shall within three months after taking office and thereafter: (a) at the end of every four years; and (b) at the end of the term of office: submit to the Code of Conduct Bureau a declaration of all his properties, assets and liabilities and those of his spouse, or unmarried children under the age of 21 years.” The law also adds that: (2): “Any statement in such declaration that is found to be false by any authority or person authorised in that behalf to verify it shall be deemed to be a breach of this code; (3): Any property or assets acquired by a public officer after any declaration under this constitution and which is not fairly attributable by sub-paragraph (1) (a) of a gift or loan approved by the code, shall be deemed to have been acquired in breach of this code unless the contrary is proved.”

It could not be verified at press time how many of the new ministers who collected asset declaration forms when they assumed office have filled and returned same.

The bureau’s travails

Recently, the conduct bureau has gained the reputation of a lame duck for its inability to enforce its own laws. Many problems have trailed its activities, including; exaggerated declarations; the duplication of its functions by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission; low number of convictions, and the aiding of corrupt officers by hoarding information that should be within the public domain.

In order to correct this impression, the bureau recently threatened 25 ex-ministers who were yet to declare their assets, with prosecution.

but where are the figures?

the gej brigade inundates us with 'gej stands for change' - so let their hero let the Nigerian people know how much he is worth now, and lets all see if there is any difference

it would also be instructive to see the assets of madam president and perhaps his family members. invasion of privacy? price of being a public figure

1 Like

Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Pukkah: 7:33am On Sep 24, 2010
This is a good question which should apply to all political office aspirants regardless of party affiliations or level of government being contested for.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5573484-146/story.csp

Jonathan’s assets in 2007

>> In 2007, the then Vice President Goodluck Jonathan bowed to public opinion and released details of his assets totalling N295, 304, 420. The declaration took place before Muktar N. Dodo of the Abuja High Court on May 30. Mr Jonathan had no foreign accounts or assets.

>> The total worth of Mr Jonathan’s private residences was N67, 990,000 according to that declaration. The buildings include a four- bedroom duplex in Kpansia, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, valued at N15 million; a four-flat storey building extension of the family house in Yenagoa valued at N10 million and his seven bedroom village home at Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area, which was bombed days before his inauguration as Vice President, valued at N18 million and a five-bedroom personal residence in Gwarinpa, Abuja valued at N24, 990,000.

>> Under vehicles and household items, Mr Jonathan declared assets worth N41.8 million. They include a BMW car in Abuja valued at N15 million, generators, electronics, air conditioners, furniture, kitchen utensils and others in Kpansia, Yenagoa and Gwarimpa, Abuja valued at N26 million. The car was declared as a gift while the other items were declared to have been procured from savings.

>> Jonathan also declared vacant and undeveloped plots worth N60.538 million. They include five undeveloped plots of land in Bayelsa State, two undeveloped plots of land in Cadastral Zone BO2 and AO6 in Abuja. He disclosed also a yearly income of N62, 072, 200. These comprise investments in stocks in 16 Nigerian blue chip companies managed by City-Code Trust & Investment Company Limited. His investments also cover[b] four 16-seater passenger boats which he hires to companies and other agencies[/b]. The Vice President’s total cash in Nigerian banks (Bank PHB, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, UBA and others) is put at N58, 984, 123. He stated that the total income includes personal savings and income from his investments including performing stocks and hiring of the boats.

considering the state of the stock market . . .

and as an offtopic - i doubt if the 'other companies' are anything other than oil majors - which is unethical
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2010
bump
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by NaijaNaWaa: 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2010
If you believe these tales, then you will believe that Ribadu is not corrupt. Until they all, including Buhari, makes their asset declaration public, I won't accept that any of them is not corrupt.

Pls can you also open a similar thread: What is the Current Worth of Nuhu Ribadu?
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Ayowumie(m): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2010
Nigerians need to know the difference between the total asset declared in 2007 and where the assets stand as at now. PUBLIC SCRUTINY
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Beaf: 2:17pm On Sep 24, 2010
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2010
as expected, rather than try to answer the question beaf has resorted to what everybody in nairaland knows him best for - running in circles chasing his tail undecided

we are all aware of saraki's sgbn record.i'm actually certain you lifted your sgbn noise from some of my previous posts
(not everyone is a closet tribalist whose tribesman is the best thing for nigeria)

we also aware that waziri was initially retained as a consultant by the saraki's to get saraki snr out of his wahala with efcc over same.

in spite of this , and in spite of her failure to prosecute ibori she is still sitting comfy, under the leadership of our 'messiah'

back to topic
this thread is about the character of gej - the man you would have us believe represents change

never mind that he valiantly resisted declaring his assets (maybe his only tough stance before the media ad te nation in his entire career) before eventually giving in

stop behaving like an uncouth thug. if you cannot answer these serious questions about your idol - i suggest you retreat to you ibb/saraki/ribadu/utomi bashing threads

so, can beaf tell us the value of gej's assets. he knows so much about the man - his number of children, his father's occupation, the size of his member lipsrsealed lipsrsealed , surly he can tell us

or will he just post his boldface fonts cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by UyiIredia(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2010
i concur >>> GEJ, What is your worth now ? !!!!!
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by M16: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
All GEJ worshippers would avoid this thread. I have never seen blind followership in ages.Nobody is talking bout his pedigree, record, achievment or manifesto.
the guy aint Goodluck, he is Dumbluck.

The guy has nothing to offer.His command of english is so appaling, he doesn't inspire,lacks charisma and no iota of intelligence.

I guess we desrve what we get
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Rastamann: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2010
These guys are rogues
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2010
[size=15pt]The stakes are too high for us to leave our future in the hands of luck[/size] [whether good or bad]

[size=15pt]The[/size] PDP [size=15pt]has no reason to be in Power come 2011. Spread the Gospel[/size]
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by labiyemmy(m): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2010
You guys said worse for OBJ, Yar ADua, etc etc.

Even if Bill Gates comes to rule Naija, the bad belle of Nigerians will send him to his grave.

So, give it to IBB, he is better, we know his pedigree, as if pedigree no be dog food.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by eros(m): 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2010
PDP will fall come 2011 and that's a fact.  angry angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by labiyemmy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2010
They even said Ribadu was corrupt- he used EFCC to steal money - now, Ribadu is no more a thief, he is the saint and the messaih.

If not for NairaLand, all these self made critics will be no where to be found.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2010
@Poster, thank you for bumping the thread.

I wondered where the amount he declared back in 2007, now I am even more worried what his worth is 3 years later!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2010
Beaf:

Pointblanknews.com has replaced Sahara reporters as the source for powerful breaking news since Sahara reporters started actually fabricating news items and photoshopping pictures.

i actually felt this article was partisan , so i refrained from posting it - but since they were graciously endorsed by the chief gej spokesman cheesy   beaf considers pointblank to be erm objective. so here we go

http://www.pointblanknews.com/Articles/artopn2593.html

Date Published: 04/07/10

A MEMO TO ALL PROGRESSIVE NIGERIANS

THE AG. PRESIDENT DR. GOODLUCK JONATHAN LIED IN ASSET DECLARATION By Timi Ogiri Ebitare
advertisement

This memo seeks to achieve three objectives. First is to demonstrate that most public office holders in Nigeria commit perjury-that is lying under oath. Secondly, the article aims to show that the Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan also lied in declaring his assets, which in the laws governing the Code of Conduct, is a punishable offence. Thirdly, the write-up intends to mention some of the undeclared assets of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan- a fact known by many Nigerians but , which have been downplayed because of his humility.

Dear progressive Nigerians, when the duo of ailing Umaru Musa Yar’Adua took office on May 29, 2007, as President and Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, respectively, they swore to uphold the constitution and rule of law. Accordingly, President Yar’Adua demonstrated that resolve by the public declaration of his assets and liabilities. This was quite unlike that of the Acting President Dr. Goodluck, Jonathan who was pressured by public opinion and the media to declare his assets in a manner calculated to deceive Nigerians and well-orchestrated to hide the truth from Nigerians.

Not long after the Acting President declared his assets, some media organizations condemned the way and manner the exercise was carried out. The first signs of deceit emerged on Saturday, August 11, 2007 when some overzealous operatives of the State Security Service (SSS). SSS officers, obviously acting on the orders of the Dr Jonathan launched a vicious attack on Spynet magazine and tore through lockers, files and computers belonging to the media outfit. It was an irony that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, who the media made from the shadows of his erstwhile boss, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, could be part of a plot to antagonize the press. But that was not his first attempt censoring the press. As Governor, he launched a major assault against Izon Link, a local tabloid which was supposedly sponsored by Timi Alaibe. “This assault on press was perceived to be an attempt by the Acting President to cover the truth”, the Spynet reported. Those harassed at SPYNET include Richard Ogbage, Godsidi, Frank and others. These people are still alive to testify.

It should be noted that in the maiden edition of the Spynet Magazine the lead story titled; “The Face of a Fraud?”, “detailed how the Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, former Bayelsa State Governor, mismanaged the State as Chief Executive. The story however did not go down well with Jonathan and his Committee of Friends especially Chief A.J.Turner. What followed was a well-planned invasion of the magazine and the unlawful arrest of the staffers of the media outfit. Although the mater is now in court, Spynet are still counting their loses. This action portrayed him as  an enemy of the mass media

The second event that prompted the investigation of the assets of the Acting President was the October 21 st edition of The Sunday Sun, where one Mr. Collins Eselemo – Grand Patron of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) and President General of the Coastal Mandate – a coalition of socio-cultural groups in the Niger Delta Region raised some issues questioning the integrity of the Acting President. The Coalition leader claimed that “the Acting President lied in his declaration of assets and threatened that he would incur the wrath of the Ijaw Youth Council if he does not open up”. Prince Eselemo also threatened to provide a comprehensive list of the property of the Acting President and to prepare a show down with him. Ijaw Leaders prevailed on him not to wash the dirty linen of their kinsmen.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Dear Progressive Nigerians, asset declaration for a highly placed person like the Acting President is like swearing an affidavit and if the process is falsified, it can be likened to perjury – which is a criminal offence. From the perspective of the constitution as per section 172 of the 1999 constitution” A person in the public service of the Federation shall observe and conform to the code of conduct” Further, Section 140 (1) states that “A person elected to the office of President (including the Acting President) shall not begin to perform the functions of that office until he has declared his assets and liabilities as prescribed in this constitution and he has taken and subscribed to the oath of allegiance and the oath of office prescribed in the seventh schedule of this constitution”. Further, asset declaration is not just an indispensable ritual but a mechanism for sanctioning public office holders who acquire wealth through fraudulent means while in office. Since public servants spend public money, asset declaration is more of a moral responsibility than a constitutional obligation.

In another bizarre twist, when Chief Timipre Sylva assumed office as Governor of Bayelsa State, there were wide spread speculations that the Bayelsa State was heavily indebted. Although Governor Sylva in a press briefing cleared the air by saying that his predecessor did not leave behind any debts, there are now discordant reports to that effect. Such indications emerged clearly at a recently concluded Budget Retreat organized by the Government of Bayelsa State where the Commissioner of Finance & Budget stated in unambiguous terms that the State has been reeling under a debt of more than N28 billion. If this assertion is true the question then arises: Was the debt inherited from the Goodluck Jonathan administration? Certainly yes, but Sylva was too loyal to expose his predecessor. Is that revelation so grievous as to prompt the harassment of the Timipre Sylva administration? Is that what should prompt the spurious allegations that Governor Sylva voted N500million to stop Jonathan from becoming Acting President? My Dear Progressive Nigerians would certainly decode the political undercurrent behind the action of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

As a man who could vouch for the integrity of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, I regarded his critics as detractors, who envied his rising political profile. I therefore took on the challenge of conducting an independent investigation. Sadly, however, the investigating  showed that Dr. Jonathan could not really stand on a moral high ground to uphold the rule of law or the Constitution for that matter.

The results of our investigations are startling but some of them are still inconclusive because the investigator could not have access to certain vital documents. The Acting President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has much more property and assets that were not declared. Our informant who preferred anonymity said that the most annoying project that served as a drainpipe in the Jonathan administration was the Gas Turbine project awarded to an indigenous company owned by an Ogbia Woman. The initial contract value was N4 billion Naira but the sum was later reviewed upwards to N8 billion. Two things were wrong with the contract. First, the award did not follow Due Process. Secondly, rather than buy new turbines, the contractor merely refurbished the broken parts of the old turbine. Experts estimated that not up to N1 billion was spent while the other N7billion went into the pockets of the two parties. 

Again, one Moses Otazi who served as Dr. Goodluck’s Chief of Staff is believed to have stolen about N150 million from Government House and hid the money at Ewoi his wife’s village. It was reported that thieves broke into the house and made away with the money. A young man from Otuoke who works with the Ministry of Health confirmed the incident and said some of the suspects were even arrested, but when the incident got to the ears of the Acting President, he promptly intervened and ordered that the matter be settled at the Village level rather than give him negative publicity. Our chat with an operative of the SSS at Yenagoa yielded no tangible results as the plain clothed officer was evasive and not prepared to mention details. He however confirmed that such an incident was reported. The said Otazi is believed to be one of the principal beneficiaries of the loots in Creek Haven during the Jonathan administration. Because of the unscrupulous manner Moses Otazi handled the matter, the Acting President refused to take him along to Abuja.

The Jonathan administration also huge sums of money for non-existent rice farms. One of such farms is said to have been at Elebele estimated at N300 million. Beyond that the Acting President owns three multi-million Naira hotels. One of them is adjacent to Chief. DSP Alamieyeseigha’s residence in Yenagoa. Another gigantic hotel owned by the Acting President is situated after Commissioner’s quarters along Elebele Road near AIT office in Yenagoa. There are unconfirmed reports too that the Acting President owns a building estimated at N1 billion at Victoria Island, Lagos. The aforementioned property were not declared to the Code of Conduct Bureau as Assets owned by the man. This is in addition to the massive Otueke Hotel owned by Dame Patience Jonathan.

Dear progressive Nigerians, it is also a true that the Acting President has demonstrated some quotient of leadership, humility and as a loyal party man. I particularly envy his humility and consider it an advantage that is likely to boost his political profile even before he became Acting President. But it does appear that the Acting President humility to cover-up skeletons in his cupboard. If all these choice property are owned by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan - the Acting President of Nigeria, then he was more than N30 billion Naira richer than he had earlier declared. I do not intend to begrudge his wealth because his humble  disposition.

Dear, progressive Nigerians, I acknowledge the fact that the Acting - President wears the veil of immunity, such allegations if not clarified with cast doubts as to government’s intention to wage a total war against corruption. This is one of the reasons crusade against corruption and the drive to entrench transparency and accountability is very difficult. The battle has to start from the Presidency down to the Local Government Chairmen. 

People at the top echelon of power and authority must tell Nigerians the truth so we can collectively pursue the rule of law and entrench sustainable justice in the land. Dear progressive Nigerians, the aim of this article would have been achieved if the Acting President declares his assets now and compel all the new Ministers to do so. The Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria should ensure that he who must come to equity must come with clean hands.

Prince Timi Ogiri Ebitare
timiotare@yahoo.com

this makes this rehash more disturbing -

Why I haven’t made my assets public ––Jonathan
By Bisi Olaniyi
Published: Sunday, 29 Jul 2007
The Vice President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, on Saturday said he would not make his declaration of assets public because no Nigerian law, for now, makes such mandatory.

Besides, he said he declared his assets five times, which could be confirmed at the Code of Conduct Bureau.

Jonathan, the immediate past governor of Bayelsa State, also declined to give the state‘s debt profile.

The VP spoke at an interactive forum with journalists at the Government House, Yenagoa in company with the state Governor, Chief Timipre Sylva, among other top government officials.

A senior Bayelsa state government official, however, told Sunday Punch on the condition of anonymity that the state’s debt is put at N58 billion.

But Sylva had said the VP left N20billion asset in investment portfolio.

Jonathan said, ”There is nobody as at the time he leaves government, if you want to be frank, who can state exactly how much that is left behind or how much that they are owing.

”Even if I know, it will be wrong for me to tell you now that the governor has been here for almost two months. ”I remember in Oyo state where the governor said he left over N20 billion and the governor who took over said he met an empty treasury. I think it is not necessary.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

”Even as I speak now, if I ask Sylva (Governor Timipre) how much money is the asset base of Bayelsa in terms of investments in banks, he will not tell you.”

On the public declaration of his assets, the VP said, ”It is not my duty to come and publish. If the law says so, I will, but it has not.”

Sylva, in his remarks, described the Otuoke, Ogbia LGA-born VP as a very modest person, who had done so much for the state.

The Bayelsa governor stressed that what he saw on the ground in the state was far in excess of what he expected, adding that a huge asset base was left behind.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20070729164192

Jonathan said, ”There is nobody as at the time he leaves government, if you want to be frank, who can state exactly how much that is left behind or how much that they are owing
. shocked shocked shocked shocked

over to those who would have us believe gej is the answer
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2010
beaf, we are waiting for you.

or are you busy photoshopping utomi ibb, saraki , tinubu and ribadu pictures cheesy cheesy cheesy

or are you mobilizing you hit squad to point blank news right now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by labiyemmy(m): 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2010
OYB

You are realy wasting time. Majority of people on NairaLand are abroad, or are people who dont beleive in Nigeria and therefore dont bother to vote or even register to vote. These things you are doing will not affect anyone's vote in the coming elections- NairaLand is not even read by those that matters in Nigeria - the peasants, the old men and women who vote. So, why not save your blood pressure from being on over drive for no purpose?
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
@labiyemmy:

OYB

You are realy wasting time. Majority of people on NairaLand are abroad, or are people who dont beleive in Nigeria and therefore dont bother to vote or even register to vote. These things you are doing will not affect anyone's vote in the coming elections- NairaLand is not even read by those that matters in Nigeria - the peasants, the old men and women who vote. So, why not save your blood pressure from being on over drive for no purpose?

tell that to your friend beaf who keeps spamming nairaland with pro gej propaganda - and to the operation facebookers

we are aware that all these netwars will not tip any scales, but we all have a BS limit. and your good friend has long since passed his
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Reference(m): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2010
Guys, you will be hard pressed to find anyone in public office who hasn't corruptly enriched him/herself and while I back calls for his exposure and accountability as far as the Presidency is concerned the issues here go far beyond corruption. Let us try and think progressively here. What are the real and immediate alternatives. Do we shelve elections because there are no saints contesting. We are talking about trying to break the monopoly of the military, the monopoly of a certain section, class and generation of rulers. Our problem is in our heads not our wallets. Let us get someone in Aso Rock who is at least a bit respectful and fearful of failure. If we dislodge that man now IBB will walk right in and with the baggage he is carrying progress will be impossible. Goodluck may not move too far forward but IBB is definitely reverse gear. If I can't fly I prefer to crawl. There are no alternatives for now.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by 9ijaMan: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

tell that to your friend beaf who keeps spamming nairaland with pro gej propaganda - and to the operation facebookers

we are aware that all these netwars will not tip any scales, but we all have a BS limit. and your good friend has long since passed his

@oyb,
I doubt beaf will return to this thread as you've simply exposed his ignorance for all to see. I'll advice you not to waste so much time on him.

Reference:

Guys, you will be hard pressed to find anyone in public office who hasn't corruptly enriched him/herself and while I back calls for his exposure and accountability as far as the Presidency is concerned the issues here go far beyond corruption. Let us try and think progressively here. What are the real and immediate alternatives. Do we shelve elections because there are no saints contesting. We are talking about trying to break the monopoly of the military, the monopoly of a certain section, class and generation of rulers. Our problem is in our heads not our wallets. Let us get someone in Aso Rock who is at least a bit respectful and fearful of failure. If we dislodge that man now IBB will walk right in and with the baggage he is carrying progress will be impossible. Goodluck may not move too far forward but IBB is definitely reverse gear. If I can't fly I prefer to crawl. There are no alternatives for now.

@Reference,
You talk as if these military guys are not Nigerians. Most 9jans are not interested in breaking monopolies of military guys, all we are asking for is good governance and I care less if it takes a military guy or civilian to take us out of the rot we find ourselves. GEJ has not in anyway moved us forward. IBB may have his antecedents, but his cronies are not peddling lies and trying to distort history like GEJ's mouthpieces. While IBB supporters have outlined a good number of positives from his days in government, I am yet to read a single piece of any achievement from GEJ's people apart from distortion of facts. In fact GEJ's campaign website (at least the last time I checked) does not have a single line on what he's been able to achieve in his 11 years in government.

Hence your assertion that GEJ "may not move too far forward but IBB is definitely reverse gear" is tainted again with an opinion not based on facts but assumptions without any credible evidence to support such a stand.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by mohid(m): 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2010
9ijaMan:

@oyb,
I doubt beaf will return to this thread as you've simply exposed his ignorance for all to see. I'll advice you not to waste so much time on him.

@Reference,
You talk as if these military guys are not Nigerians. Most 9jans are not interested in breaking monopolies of military guys, all we are asking for is good governance and I care less if it takes a military guy or civilian to take us out of the rot we find ourselves. GEJ has not in anyway moved us forward. IBB may have his antecedents, but his cronies are not peddling lies and trying to distort history like GEJ's mouthpieces. While IBB supporters have outlined a good number of positives from his days in government, I am yet to read a single piece of any achievement from GEJ's people apart from distortion of facts. In fact GEJ's campaign website (at least the last time I checked) does not have a single line on what he's been able to achieve in his 11 years in government.

Hence your assertion that GEJ "may not move too far forward but IBB is definitely reverse gear" is tainted again with an opinion not based on facts but assumptions without any credible evidence to support such a stand.
i have one for you,over the past few weeks i am able to drive into any filling station and buy fuel at the 64 naira pump price. Same goes in stations all over the country even in the north where folks only buy fuel from jerry can stations. That has not happened in a long while, matter of fact i have not experienced it since i started driving and boy i have been driving for a while.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by arsenally: 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

as expected, rather than try to answer the question beaf has resorted to what everybody in nairaland knows him best for - running in circles chasing his tail  undecided

back to topic
this thread is about the character of gej - the man you would have us believe represents change

@oyb:

Respect the people's right to draw their own conclusions.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by 9ijaMan: 10:11pm On Sep 24, 2010
mohid:

i have one for you,over the past few weeks i am able to drive into any filling station and buy fuel at the 64 naira pump price. Same goes in stations all over the country even in the north where folks only buy fuel from jerry can stations. That has not happened in a long while, matter of fact i have not experienced it since i started driving and boy i have been driving for a while.

A very laughable achievement indeed. BTW, fuel is sold at =N=65. If I were to play pranks, I'd say you don't even buy fuel since you are unable quote the price correctly. However, it is not =N=65 in most part of the south east and the north as you claimed.

Just recently in 9ja last year, I drove into filling stations several time and bought fuel with out having to queue. I paid =N=65 in some places and =N=100 in some other parts of the country and spent less than 5 minutes at the gas stations.

You also claim to have been driving for long, I guess that "long" must be less than a year.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by frankcj(m): 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2010
. Our leaders've rape us and our economy, i don't think nigeria have ever had honest and  reliable leaders in since the emerge of independence. Every state the same issue going on and on and when their tenure is up they endeavour to instore their other halve in order to avert probe. Goodluck, is a product of obj, so bird of same feather flys together. Since inception of  Goodluck, administration literary what meaningfull project has he done. A contract they awarded to rebuild Niger along asaba and onisha. recently, tribune quoted the contract have been concealled.  As mather of fact the 4 front runner for presidential seat in . Goodluck, IBB, Atiku,and Saraki will never offer  credible governance to nigeria. As of Guasua,and Buhari, i don't know.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by mohid(m): 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2010
9ijaMan:

A very laughable achievement indeed. BTW, fuel is sold at =N=65. If I were to play pranks, I'd say you don't even buy fuel since you are unable quote the price correctly. However, it is not =N=65 in most part of the south east and the north as you claimed.

Just recently in 9ja last year, I drove into filling stations several time and bought fuel with out having to queue. I paid =N=65 in some places and =N=100 in some other parts of the country and spent less than 5 minutes at the gas stations.

You also claim to have been driving for long, I guess that "long" must be less than a year.
In PH,Warri and Benin filling stations(cities i have been to in the past 4 months since GEJ became president)fuel is being sold at btw 64 and 65 naira, I also have  folks who live in the North confirming the new price. I am also certain those places you bought at 100 naira last year don’t sell at that price anymore. If it’s no mean feat how come it’s not been done for years? As hard as it is, you should try to analyse the issues i understand it’s much easier trying to ridicule the opponent, but that’s what cost Hilary the Democratic ticket and in turn the US presidency.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2010
mohid:

In PH,Warri and Benin filling stations(cities i have been to in the past 4 months since GEJ became president)fuel is being sold at btw 64 and 65 naira, I also have  folks who live in the North confirming the new price. I am also certain those places you bought at 100 naira last year don’t sell at that price anymore. If it’s no mean feat how come it’s not been done for years? As hard as it is, you should try to analyse the issues i understand it’s much easier trying to ridicule the opponent, but that’s what cost Hilary the Democratic ticket and in turn the US presidency.

whats with the bizarre lie you people keep peddling? it was mostly last year that there was fuel scarcity - and it was intermittent you'd have scarcity for a month, then regular fuel for a month. you people should stop trying to reinvent history to suit your candidiate
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 24, 2010
@OYB,

Bros, beaf and his people are arrogantly telling us that we dont know what is happening in Nigeria. [size=18pt]The stakes are too high for us to leave our future to Luck [whether good or badluck]

SAY NO TO PDP[/size]
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by mohid(m): 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2010
oyb:

whats with the bizarre lie you people keep peddling? it was mostly last year that there was fuel scarcity - and it was intermittent you'd have scarcity for a month, then regular fuel for a month. you people should stop trying to reinvent history to suit your candidiate

Nobody is lying to root for anyone,its obvious you dont get around much.In over  12yrs fuel has NEVER been sold at the same price around the country.Pump prices varies from region to region with the south east and extreme north selling at higher prices than other regions.I know cos i lived most of my life up north and just moved south.I am talking about price uniformity not scarcity and that has changed over the past few months.
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 24, 2010
[size=20pt]2011 - The stakes are too high for us to leave our future to Luck [whether good or badluck]

SAY NO TO PDP
[/size]
Re: What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2010
mohid:

Nobody is lying to root for anyone,its obvious you dont get around much.In over  12yrs fuel has NEVER been sold at the same price around the country.Pump prices varies from region to region with the south east and extreme north selling at higher prices than other regions.I know cos i lived most of my life up north and just moved south.I am talking about price uniformity not scarcity and that has changed over the past few months.

i'm sorry, i'm not even sure i should bother debating with you

your compatriot just pulled off one of the most disgraceful stunts i've seen, he radically altered his post because he pushed himself into a tight corner

most of what you're posting is either spurious or outright dishonest so you're clearly in th same boat

no point in debating with someone who will claim he said something else later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. / SEE Church Where All Members Worship God Naked. / Yobe North Adopts Buhari, Lawan As Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.