Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,430 members, 7,800,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi (12089 Views)

Breaking: Tribunal Did Not Sack Labour Party House Of Rep Member. / UPDATE: Tribunal Did Not Sack Orji Kalu, His Certificate Remains Intact / Gov. Fayemi, Deputy Governor, Speaker Attend Jumat At Central Mosque, Ado Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by akelicious(m): 2:47pm On May 17, 2019
Gov. Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, on Friday said that no genuine staff of the state public service was sacked by his government.

Fayemi, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olayinka Oyebode, explained that he was only correcting the fundamental error of his predecessor, Mr Ayo Fayose.

“Fayemi never sacked anyone. You cannot sack people who are not duly employed in the first place.

“The so called “recruitments” carried out were obviously mischievous because it neither followed due process nor was it ever completed

“For instance, the affected persons were not duly captured in the Civil Service Structure

“Apart from a letter of “employment purportedly given them, they do not exist in the state civil dervice nominal pay roll

“Besides, they were never captured in the state’s Biometric Payment System and never received any salary since the purported “appointments” since October 2018.

“You can imagine 2,000 applicants who did not know the offices or jobs they were being employed for. An application form that did not indicate the position each applicant was vying for.

“So, this means they were arbitrarily assigned to jobs after an unprofessional “interview” process.

“The Local Government Service Commission and others saw through the scam and refused to issue phoney letters to purported “employees”

“Public notices and announcements of warning were issued to the public by the incoming administration then, that a government that had less than 45 days to leave office should not engage in a theatre of the absurd, but the affected job seekers ignored the caveat.

“The said application fee of N1,000 paid by each of then were paid to fraudsters and not into government account

“A genuine government recruitment application fee will be paid into TSA, and not private accounts

“A proper recruitment process will begin as soon as the Head of Service ascertains the available vacancies in the Public Service, in line with the directive of the governor

“All Ekiti indigenes, including those 2,000 persons whose illegal appointments were cancelled are qualified to apply,” he said.

The organised labour in the state, however, said they would intervene in the plight of the workers who are victims of the past government appointments.

The state Chairmen of the Nigeria Labour Congress, (NLC), Joshua Kolapo and the Trade Union Congress (TUC), Sola Adigun, said everything would be done to persuade goverment to back down

“We know ordinarily that what we are out to fight for, is not a right. It is just to persuade and beg, at least in the interest of innocent job serkers and their dependants

“We will let government know that the newly recruited staff are not in anyway at fault. We will also let them know that two wrongs do not not make a right, especially when you consider the high rate of unemployment in town and the desperation that accompanies such circumstances.

“Gov Fayemi is our father and we know he will take kindly to our pleas by kindly considering many factors, especially the dependants of the affected workers and let them be.

“Yes, the past government may have committed error which we all understand, but that is not to say the doors are automatically shut against us to beg him on their hehalf so that he can have a change of heart,” the leaders said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/05/i-did-not-sack-any-worker-gov-fayemi.html

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by KingAfo(m): 2:58pm On May 17, 2019
FTC
I dedicate it to my self, me, and I. Don't give up my people, always pray and fast. God will not leave you. Always believe. cry
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Okoyeebows: 2:58pm On May 17, 2019
Fayose should have known that you can't put something on nothing and expect it to stand. The ponmo-cutting idiot made stupid policies and bloated unnecessary appointments just because he lost an election and want to booby trap his successor, that's wrong.

Let the disengaged workers reapply in the upcoming recruitment exercise.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Ibcrown(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2019
FTC baby
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by ijmbadmission(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by iammo(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2019
undecided

Fayose the confusionist, he used their Application fee for PDP MMM ponzhi. I hope they sue his greedy asz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 17, 2019
Is okay
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Bellotelli: 3:01pm On May 17, 2019
Ok
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2019
That news alone can make the affected commit suicide especially in this era where unfavorable situations is the one making the discouraged ones take their own life.
But a recruitment exercise that did not allocate offices to successful applicants is still a scam.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by unitysheart(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2019
Fraud alert. So they collected 1k each from the applicants. Where is the money? I am sure more than 10000 applicants would have applied back then.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by ajericho(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2019
ijmbadmission:
Can we certainly Believe this is true

Meanwhile someone can be in need of this........

Couldn’t secure admission despites a good UTME score? Enrol for IJMB and be guaranteed of 200L admisison into any university without JAMB.

✔No UTME required
Can I pm you?
✔Nine(9) months of Study
✔NUC Accredited
✔Low tuition fee
✔No entrance exam

Visit www.ijmb.org.ng/register to apply to preferred study centres nationwide.
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Sikay19(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2019
angry

Every systems in Nigeria are faulty. A kind of policy should be made in a way that would prevent any outgoing government from establishing new projects or sudden appointments at their lapsing time. A similar case of what's going presently at Oyo state.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Yello1(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2019
God help d affected souls i feel their pains... This is Nigeria.
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by helinues: 3:27pm On May 17, 2019
Genuine staff and you did not sack??

Contradictory
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by senatordave1(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2019
Kingkakaone,you can remember what i said yesterday concerning matter? Fayemi did the right thing and then followed due process to lay them off.his explanations are more than enough.the man is a real intellectual.the employment process was fraudulent and should be probed by the relevant agencies.kudos to fayemi

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by senatordave1(m): 3:30pm On May 17, 2019
helinues:
Genuine staff and you did not sack??

Contradictory
Please,re read the post.no one should comment without reading and comprehending what fayemi stated.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by godlyguy(m): 3:31pm On May 17, 2019
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by helinues: 3:33pm On May 17, 2019
senatordave1:

Please,re read the post.no one should comment without reading and comprehending what fayemi stated.

Did Fayemi sacked any Ekiti workers or not? Whether genuinely recruit or not?
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Raymond84: 3:42pm On May 17, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
That news alone can make the affected commit suicide especially in this era where unfavorable situations is the one making the discouraged ones take their own life.
But a recruitment exercise that did not allocate offices to successful applicants is still a scam.
Don't mind them...they allocate office's to those employed under TESCOM ( teaching service commission... The 563 successful applicants were posted and this months make it 8th months they have been working in there various schools posted to..this 563 teachers are among the 2000 workers fayose recruited in 2018...more evidences
PRESS RELEASE.
PUTTING RECORD STRAIGHT ON OUR APPOINTMENTS TO THE PUBLIC.
We resolve to let the public know the facts surrounding our appointments into the Teaching service commission of ekiti state following the misrepresentations and lies spreading around on whether the appointment are political and lack merit. The truth is that our appointments conform with all known modern and secular mode of engagements and so we intend to put record straight for posterity.
The highlighted points below are for the notice of the general public and for government to do justice in earnest.
1. Ekiti state government advertised Vacancies in the Civil service, Teaching service, Subeb and other parastatals in August 2018.(check Guardian newspaper of 18/8/2018)
2. For Tescom, N1000 was paid for application form into government account number 2862013605 Ecobank.
3. Receipt of employment form were collected by applicants before collection of form.
4. Sales of application form close on Friday 24/8/2018.( In essence our application form has no link with those distributed freely.)
5. Examination were conducted in Ado, Ikere, Ise, Aramoko, Ido and Oye Ekiti where each applicants answered 100 standard questions.
6. Result were pasted on the walls of Tescom.
7. Tescom pasted cut off marks for each subject and directed only those that passed to attend interview at a later date
8.After interview at Olaoluwa Muslim school, final successful list was pasted at Tescom.
9. Appointment letters were issued on 28/9/2018.
10. Medical fitness certify was demanded before postings
11. Letter of acceptance was demanded before postings.
12.POSTING letters were issued on 09/10/2018
13. Letter of assumptions of duty were collected stamped and signed by schools principals and submitted individually back to Tescom.
Since then, we have been working and there have been no payments.
Please note that Ekiti state government seek and got approval of the current house of assembly on the appointment.
Take further notice, that the PLENARY COMMITTEE, which is the highest approving body for appointment sat and approved the said appointment.
The plenary committee comprises the Governor, Deputy Governor, Head of service, SSG, Members of House of assembly, State Accountant general among others.
Please Ekiti should arise in one voice and advice the present government to do justice with the appointments.
We have behaved ourselves as elites and will not want to result to self help.
THANK YOU Ekiti kete

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Integrafamoo: 3:45pm On May 17, 2019
This man can lie for Africa! The process was advertised & applicants purchased the form: #500 fir junior & 1000 for senior cadres resp. Aptitude test was written and successful candidates were duly interviewed. Their names could not enter payroll because fayose was still owing 4 months salary. They were employed in August but workers were expecting April salary. When fayemi took over in Oct, he continued payment from Oct. June to September salaries are still hanging. And the affected have been working because he promised them that hebwill look into the matter instead of making his mind known.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Realhommie(m): 3:53pm On May 17, 2019
helinues:

How do you sack people who weren't genuinely recruited?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by FhukaFhuka: 3:55pm On May 17, 2019
grin

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by dododawa1: 3:56pm On May 17, 2019
D stupid FAYOSE game planned ahead.

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by helinues: 3:57pm On May 17, 2019
Realhommie:
How do you sack people who weren't genuinely recruited?

The headlines indicated he did not sack any workers meanwhile those that were not genuinely recruited ( last minutes under Fayose term) were sacked.. You get my points?
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Realhommie(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2019
helinues:

The headlines indicated he did not sack any workers meanwhile those that were not genuinely recruited ( last minutes under Fayose term) were sacked.. You get my points?
I do
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2019
It is well.
Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 17, 2019
senatordave1:
Kingkakaone,you can remember what i said yesterday concerning matter? Fayemi did the right thing and then followed due process to lay them off.his explanations are more than enough.the man is a real intellectual.the employment process was fraudulent and should be probed by the relevant agencies.kudos to fayemi
Whoever compares the intelligence of Fayemi to that of Fayose is completely insane. He is by far the most intelligent of them, both in actions and words.
Fayose is a noise maker who rode to the seat on the wings of Jonathan and continued his madness using fake media accolades as his garment of satisfaction.

Ekiti has enjoyed enough peace in just few months after the jackal left that seat.

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by Manred0(m): 4:43pm On May 17, 2019
helinues:

How can you sacked someone who is not employed.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi by femi4: 5:00pm On May 17, 2019
helinues:

Who is a worker? Someone that never resumed into any office since the scam recruitment?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo: Lagos Judicial Panel Illegal, States Can't Probe Military, Police / Is Kemi Omololu Olunloyo Nigeria's Worst Liar? / 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.