Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,807 members, 7,798,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade (49471 Views)

The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo / 500,000 Fans Sign Petition Against Game Of Thrones, Demand Remake Of Season 8 / Game Of Thrones Season 8 Predictions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Offpoint: 1:44pm On May 19, 2019
tgmservice:
They should remake that mumu Avengers Endgame too
I thought I'm the only one disappointed with "Avengers Endgame", Infinity war was far better than it.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Osolanrewaju: 1:54pm On May 19, 2019
is not what everyone is expecting from the season so far,they have to rewrite it
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Adroit144(m): 2:03pm On May 19, 2019
although there are some unexpected things in the season like arya killing the night king just like that, that is the way the writers want things to go. Shey dem force them to watch?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by DOCU(m): 2:05pm On May 19, 2019
This is another man's creativity, why complaining?
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by GoldHorse(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2019
Thought I was the only one o.

I especially didn't like the way Cerci died at all (if she's dead). She deserves a very very painful and public death. Not that one she died in "hiding" in the arms of her lover.... undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by hush15: 2:07pm On May 19, 2019
tgmservice:
They should remake that mumu Avengers Endgame too

i disagree with that one. that endgame is fine except that iron didnt need to die nor that girl who gave upbherself for the soul stone.
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by felaismyhero(m): 2:08pm On May 19, 2019
angiography:

Lool...those people signing the petition are not your usual 02tvseries pirate fellas. They pay to watch the movies...indirectly paying Clarke and Harrington
dont mind them.they think its poor nigerians that are signing the petition
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Dami12345: 2:08pm On May 19, 2019
kay9:
As much as I find season 8 beyond disappointing, I wouldn't go as far as calling Weiss and Beniof "woefully incompetent".

George Martin is a master in his craft; his ASOIAF books are simply peerless, so there's honestly no way the quality of the show would not have gone down when D&grin ran out of Martin's books. Of course, this knowledge doesn't make watching season8 any less awful, but at least it helps put the awfulness in perspective: D&grin really did do their best.

Take any of the 2 main "set pieces" and look at them as a stand-alone: the Battle of Winterfell, and the Battle (or should we say the Massacre) of Kings Landing. By themselves, these two events were excellent in choreography, camera work, special effects, and cinematic directing (I will leave out dialogue/scripting for obvious reasons). The problem only shows up when you look at the bigger picture: continuity and storyline-development.

My point with all this grammar is this: yes, season8 is awful, but I would not blame D&grin so much. I honestly doubt anyone could do better without GRR Martin's source material.

And by the way, a remake is never going to happen. Too expensive.

Those books are just average. I wonder what you will say if you read the wheel of time.
You will probable run made.
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by tendareo: 2:09pm On May 19, 2019
Season 8 Episode 5 is all a dream... Maybe Danny's dream. But some one has got to be dreaming there. And that's my take on it. The end.
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by hush15: 2:15pm On May 19, 2019
lomprico:
Make dem bring d money na!!

Each episode in this season costs an estimate of $50 million.

Everything mustn't go the way you want. The program is going on fine.

chicken change to nigerian government. nigerian government wey dey do wan small pedestrian bridge with 5 times that amount. they should approach naija government for sponsorship jare. they will get more than enough
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by swaga007: 2:16pm On May 19, 2019
Episode 6...

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Mykelpato(m): 2:28pm On May 19, 2019
The Daughter of the mad King becoming a mad queen is understandable, but for the tough character of Cersi lannister to die by just brick of walls is unacceptable

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by felaismyhero(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2019
Andrez123:
Season 8 won't be remade because it's the last season and there's some huge financial and legal implications also. I know that some kind of an extended cut of the season 8 might be released afterwards but ultimately there's no way that will soothe these aggrieved fans. Assuming better writers and producers are chosen, I don't think the final story line will appease everyone because I heard that the script is based on an already written unreleased novel by George R Martin.

The fans of Game of Thrones should just calm down and deal with it. Why are they even so upset about a series based on a fantasy novel that is not derived from any actual historical events or locations.
foolish question;thats why they are fans! like asking why liverpool or manchester united fans in nigeria are celebrating their team's wins in england,and they get nothing for it!
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by joshuaidibia(m): 2:33pm On May 19, 2019
kingxsamz:

Stop trying to justify dany's action.
She's cruel and wicked, Eod.

I pray none of us should ever be in that situation. Then you'll understand how it feels like. It's easy to bash Judas Iscariot for betraying Jesus, forgetting that without Judas, Jesus won't have died and our sins won't have been forgiven. Have a nice day bro

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by macof(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2019
kay9:
As much as I find season 8 beyond disappointing, I wouldn't go as far as calling Weiss and Beniof "woefully incompetent".

George Martin is a master in his craft; his ASOIAF books are simply peerless, so there's honestly no way the quality of the show would not have gone down when D&grin ran out of Martin's books. Of course, this knowledge doesn't make watching season8 any less awful, but at least it helps put the awfulness in perspective: D&grin really did do their best.

Take any of the 2 main "set pieces" and look at them as a stand-alone: the Battle of Winterfell, and the Battle (or should we say the Massacre) of Kings Landing. By themselves, these two events were excellent in choreography, camera work, special effects, and cinematic directing (I will leave out dialogue/scripting for obvious reasons). The problem only shows up when you look at the bigger picture: continuity and storyline-development.

My point with all this grammar is this: yes, season8 is awful, but I would not blame D&grin so much. I honestly doubt anyone could do better without GRR Martin's source material.

And by the way, a remake is never going to happen. Too expensive.

There's nothing wrong with storyline and character development.
The hints were always there that Dany would go mad. And Arya was the only person capable of assassinating the night king

The only problem is that they had only 6 episodes to rap everything up.
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by joshuaidibia(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2019
swaga007:
Episode 6...

Saw this on IGN facebook page too

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 19, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:
grin this game of thrones will make people mad o.......... All these shenanigans because of one pako throne grin

The iron throne you mean grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by tgmservice: 2:37pm On May 19, 2019
hush15:

i disagree with that one. that endgame is fine except that iron didnt need to die nor that girl who gave upbherself for the soul stone.
u know nothing that movie was wack
Can't start explaining things wrong with that movie
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by macof(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2019
Osolanrewaju:
is not what everyone is expecting from the season so far,they have to rewrite it
GoT has never done what people expect
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 19, 2019
fieryy:

The iron throne you mean grin

Lol i already joined the petition. The Season 8 was rubbing. Big Rubbish.
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by joshuaidibia(m): 2:38pm On May 19, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Yes, the fans are worried the show is coming to an end. About Dany, nothing justifies what she did in kingslanding. So you wanted Jon to shut his mouth? For what? And the same woman would claim she loved him?

YES he should have kept quiet just as Ned Stark kept the identity of his parentage a secret. The Starks are true to their word bro. And that Jon is no stark by the way, so I guess that's why he ran his mouth

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Reussite: 2:39pm On May 19, 2019
I have realised long before now that no TV series/movie can be better portrayed on screen than its book. The books are always the real deal.
The Vampire Dairies first two seasons were acted strictly from its book but the latter seasons were not, I guess that was why the series dropped in quality.
The movie 'Half of a Yellow Sun' was a far cry from what the book entailed, more like 35% of the book quality.
Generally I have come to realise almost all Tv series have poor ending irrespective of how superb it started.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by joshuaidibia(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2019
tgmservice:
u know nothing that movie was wack
Can't start explaining things wrong with that movie

Please give me 3 reasons

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by chigo5(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2019
Dey suppose extend NIGHTKING stay na him make the show more interesting, winter is coming
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 19, 2019
truthsayer009:

Lol i already joined the petition. The Season 8 was rubbing. Big Rubbish.

Ah, you as well grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by TemmyT002(m): 2:43pm On May 19, 2019
Some people no get job sha
Will they pay the producers to do another remake?
Mtchewww
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by angiography(m): 2:45pm On May 19, 2019
Sanchez01:

Do you have any stat to back this? It is an open petition and anyone can sign it. While there would be those who subscribe to HBO to stream the show, I'd like to believe there are so many who don't. Plus, I believe many are finding it difficult to come to terms with the fact that the show is coming to an end tonight.

People need to understand that it doesn't necessarily have to end the way they envisaged.

I agree it doesn't have to end the way we see it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Airoflaw(m): 2:48pm On May 19, 2019
If you no like the season go commit suicide
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Bojack(m): 2:53pm On May 19, 2019
season 8 no make sense fine, but remake.....chai so una want make person dey wait again
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by TheStarsAlign: 2:58pm On May 19, 2019
Am I the only one who hasn't seen Game of Thrones?
Re: Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade by Andrez123(m): 3:11pm On May 19, 2019
felaismyhero:
foolish question;thats why they are fans! like asking why liverpool or manchester united fans in nigeria are celebrating their team's wins in england,and they get nothing for it!
And then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Gedoni And Khafi Had Their First Kiss In Bed (photo) / Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria / BBNaija: Oge Iloh Blasts Ella & Kim For Exposing Tacha's Body Odour (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.