Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help (2153 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by mutiply: 8:20pm On May 17, 2019
There is bad noise that comes out when driving, especially on pot holes, like two metals hitting each other.

At first I taught it was the exhaust, but the rubbers are intact.

Two mechanics said it was the shock absorber at the back, bought a new one only for the bad noise to continue after changing the shocks. I'm so sad right now, can't even think straight.

Please help, can a scan of the car reveal this damage?
the noise is so embarrassing. They all claim everything underneath the car is fine.

Car is corolla 03
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by kollysnut(m): 9:09pm On May 17, 2019
mutiply:
There is bad noise that comes out when driving, especially on pot holes, like two metals hitting each other.

Two mechanics said it was the shock absorber at the back, bought a new one only for the bad noise to continue after changing the shocks. I'm so sad right now, can't even think straight.

the noise is so embarrassing. They all claim everything underneath the car is fine.

Car is corolla 03

Record the sound n lets play it here or try mimic the sound, ....
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by mutiply: 9:17pm On May 17, 2019
kollysnut:

Record the sound n lets play it here or try mimic the sound, ....
K
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by Jollof123: 11:30pm On May 17, 2019
mutiply:

Car is corolla 03

Go and buy new original brake pad. Change it and tell the mechanic to check the ball joint too.

Thank me once it's done. Might sound somehow to you but endeavour to change the break pads first.

I once experience same and it was breakpad
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by Lexusgs430: 11:58pm On May 17, 2019
mutiply:

Car is corolla 03

Not unless it's scanned by the holy spirit........ You need to have your vehicle on a proper ramp, and conduct a thorough investigation underneath.............

1 Like

Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by homeboy205: 1:01pm On May 18, 2019
Since it’s coming from the back you need to pack your bushings with extra rubber just fixed mine that way
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by ricki: 2:10pm On May 18, 2019
mutiply:

Car is corolla 03

drop links grin
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by AgentGoat: 2:51pm On May 18, 2019
ricki:

drop links grin
links to where?
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by nurey(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2019
mutiply:

Car is corolla 03

Tell the mechanic to check the bushings and at the front check the linkage whether it is still good. I guess you just started driving if not you should be able to differentiate what is giving off the sound.

if your area is waterlogged and you have rear brake drums and you recently changed it, let the mechanic check that too fake brake shoes with water injested when hit would bind and cause that sound.

so now
continuous metal clinging sound on smooth road and faint when speed increases point to the rear drum brakes

Metal clinging sound only audible on very bad roads especially when you enter port holes or on a strip that is up and down driving then it definitely is your linkage Infront

Now metal sound that is most visible on uneven surface not only potholes but roads that are rough, passing through a divider gap on a bridge, becomes very worse when you pass a interlocked road that is not smooth then it's definitely bushings that need replacement

in all your problem can't be diagnosed online a physical inspection and driving can only pinpoint to the right direction
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by ricki: 5:21pm On May 18, 2019
AgentGoat:
links to where?

oga mi, the thing wey spoil for the motor na drop links/stabilizer links dem dey call am.

Atualeeee
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:09am On May 19, 2019
mutiply:

Car is corolla 03

Get a Mechanic to take off your wheels and check everything there, linkage, bushings, arms your brakes, especially the shoes, pads etc.

I've had this experience in the past. Also went chasing silencer to no avail. The sound was coming from the wheels. The handbrake shoes were rattling.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by mutiply: 12:26pm On May 19, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Get a Mechanic to take off your wheels and check everything there, linkage, bushings, arms your brakes, especially the shoes, pads etc.

I've had this experience in the past. Also went chasing silencer to no avail. The sound was coming from the wheels. The handbrake shoes were rattling.
can you refer me to good one in Lagos, thanks.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by mutiply: 12:42pm On May 19, 2019
homeboy205:
Since it’s coming from the back you need to pack your bushings with extra rubber just fixed mine that way
pleaae share the location if it was done in Lagos, thanks.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by mutiply: 12:43pm On May 19, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Thanks, will work on this too.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by homeboy205: 10:19pm On May 19, 2019
It is in Ibadan sorry

mutiply:
pleaae share the location if it was done in Lagos, thanks.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by EngRichie: 4:44am On May 20, 2019
Check brake disk and brake caliper area.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by mutiply: 7:43am On May 20, 2019
EngRichie:
Check brake disk and brake caliper area.
the nasty noise is coming from the back tyres (right hand of the driver). Can the above affect it? Thanks.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by EngRichie: 7:08am On May 21, 2019
Definitely.

mutiply:
the nasty noise is coming from the back tyres (right hand of the driver). Can the above affect it? Thanks.
Re: Bad Noise From The Car, Please Help by Kingsdave(m): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2020
mutiply:

Car is corolla 03

Having same issue what was actually the fault?

(1) (Reply)

Possibility Of Traveling In A Private Car From Lagos To Ondo / My Civic Goes Off While Driving / Morgas 5w30 Oil Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.