Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? (39062 Views)

Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? / Should I Wait For Her To Change? / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Apination(m): 12:37am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Thanks. It is a long distance relationship, I don't mean Lagos to Abuja, but different countries, continents. How do we see the counsellor? What do you think is wrong with him? I feel he has drifted.
I will try to be polite as possible, you F up. Many of Una no want learn, he's no longer interested, infact you have been single all along. Relationship no be for mouth, there has to be a level of physical intimacy which is key, not necessarily sex. Just move on and pay attention to those closer to home, those around you. He perhaps is hoping you would get the message and you don't need a soothsayer or anyone of us to tell you because you know so already undecided

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 1:21am On May 18, 2019
never put yourself on a shelf waiting for a man to come around, get busy auntie. go on dates with some of your admirers.
Adviseasister:
Good evening Nairalanders,

I had to create a new moniker for this, but I believe my guy will know this is for him.

Sometime last year I received a PM from a nlder. After going through his posts, I was pleased and we started talking. One thing led to another and we started a relationship. I must confess he is everything a woman wants in a man, he brought out this part of me I never knew existed and he did it so easily. We started seeing a future, I was happy.

Fast forward to February this year, I noticed a decline in communication. I complained and he blamed it on work. It continued and I had to ask what the problem is, he maintained it was work.

By March, things got worse and I have not been able to concentrate at work. I send him voice-notes and he responds hours later. I send messages and he responds with one word. I must also add he doesn't pick my calls at night anymore, but his NL profile would be seen online, though he won't comment.

I do not know what to do as I can't bring myself to love someone else as I love him. It is a long distance relationship and I do not know what to do. Is it possible he is facing challenges there and doesn't want to share?

Should I wait for him to come around or move on? Has anyone been in this situation before, how did you manage it? I feel so heartbroken.

Lefulefu, capslocked,saffi,martinez39,Iamplato,chenzen, amaratasha,adaibeku,biglittlelois,lilmax,koyyes,dairykidd...

7 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 1:22am On May 18, 2019
never put yourself on a shelf waiting for a man to come around, get busy auntie. go on dates with some of your admirers. he will come rond sharp sharp if he is still interested, if not then it wasnt meant to be.
Adviseasister:

I had to create a new moniker for this, but I believe my guy will know this is for him.

Sometime last year I received a PM from a nlder. After going through his posts, I was pleased and we started talking. One thing led to another and we started a relationship. I must confess he is everything a woman wants in a man, he brought out this part of me I never knew existed and he did it so easily. We started seeing a future, I was happy.

Fast forward to February this year, I noticed a decline in communication. I complained and he blamed it on work. It continued and I had to ask what the problem is, he maintained it was work.

By March, things got worse and I have not been able to concentrate at work. I send him voice-notes and he responds hours later. I send messages and he responds with one word. I must also add he doesn't pick my calls at night anymore, but his NL profile would be seen online, though he won't comment.

I do not know what to do as I can't bring myself to love someone else as I love him. It is a long distance relationship and I do not know what to do. Is it possible he is facing challenges there and doesn't want to share?

Should I wait for him to come around or move on? Has anyone been in this situation before, how did you manage it? I feel so heartbroken.

Lefulefu, capslocked,saffi,martinez39,Iamplato,chenzen, amaratasha,adaibeku,biglittlelois,lilmax,koyyes,dairykidd...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 4:52am On May 18, 2019
Unfortunately he has found a lady within close proximity for a relationship. So I guess you should do same.

Long distance relationships can be quite deceitful undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 4:54am On May 18, 2019
Apination:

I will try to be polite as possible, you F up. Many of Una no want learn, he's no longer interested, infact you have been single all along. Relationship no be for mouth, there has to be a level of physical intimacy which is key, not necessarily sex. Just move on and pay attention to those closer to home, those around you. He perhaps is hoping you would get the message and you don't need a soothsayer or anyone of us to tell you because you know so already undecided
Lol. Well, we all learn from experiences.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 5:01am On May 18, 2019
Biglittlelois:

People that fell in love with someone they met online will understand the feeling lol, I get you sis, chat him up on whatsapp and ask him point blank if he is no more interested, if he reads the chat and doesnt reply immediately, forget it, he's no more interested, if he later replies with one excuse or the other or trying to twist words or situations, forget him and move on, when he sees this thread and starts to chat you up bringing everything back to normal like before, he may be genuine or not, my guess is the later, but play along to see how it goes, but start to withdraw slowly, when the communication fades away once more, which will eventually happen, do not take it to heart, you will hurt but don't let it last long, remove your mind from it and take it as one of life's lessons when it comes to love, you will be fine smiley

sensible advice.... It's true there may be issues affecting him but regardless u should also becomes a priority not an option

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 5:06am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

the fact that you are monitoring is chat is really bad for u.... All guys flirt but it doesn't mean all guys will cheat and stuff.... Men love attention as women, sometimes we joke around to prove a point to ourselves doesn't mean we ain't real about our partners and mostly the flirting is a one time thing then we move on... Don't jump into conclusions yet... Whether u meet online or not doesn't mean at all but seriously be patient and don't love too much

8 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Obas101(m): 6:15am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Any guy that tells you he can do long distance relationship is lieing. it's just a matter of time b4 he gets bored and actually starts meeting ppl around him. Unlike girls that have patience men don't. they like excitement nd feeling when their girl is around them. I can assure you he will belive you have sombdy else you dating if the distance doesn't bother you

7 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 6:30am On May 18, 2019
chenzen:

l want to believe that his silent treatment and conservative behaviours towards you clearly assume to show sudden signs of disinterest, perhaps he s going through some personal issues such as midlife crisis, mood swing or he is overwhelmed in comatose and maybe "work" like he says. Try and figure out what it might be and help him through it if he allows it, sometimes he just doesn't want to let u into all of his personal baggage of problems and chooses to fix it all on his own without involving you, yet it seems to be affecting your relationship with him.

[s]There is a possibility he has lost interest in the relationship and wants out but does not know how to put it across to u, but something just keeps signaling that he s no longer the same guy he was during the mushy season.
[/s]
My advice is that u remain reserved and give him some time & space while u work on ur emotions, if he snaps out of it he ll come back to u, else turn unto the next page of ur life.

best comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 6:32am On May 18, 2019
Obas101:

[s]Any guy that tells you he can do long distance relationship is lieing. it's just a matter of time b4 he gets bored and actually starts meeting ppl around him. Unlike girls that have patience men don't. they like excitement nd feeling when their girl is around them. I can assure you he will belive you have sombdy else you dating if the distance doesn't bother you[/s]
lies. Stp misleading ppu

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by STENON(f): 7:01am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Have you seen him in real life? Don't force yourself for love. if he doesnt send or reply your text, delete his number and contact from your head. Keep working hard to be somebody that people would Love to associate with

6 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by MrCuteking(m): 7:15am On May 18, 2019
MariaLavina:
Let him breathe....

One thing you must understand about guys is they are easily bored and love varieties. The more they get to know about you, the less interested they get. You as a lady must know how to remain intriguing, mysterious, attractive and enticing else you will lose him.

Now the question is who is worth the stress? A patient man who values you enough to stick around a little more hoping you will bring the fire back. Is your man worth it? I doubt that! The fact that he flirts with another woman knowing well that you will see his acts shows he has lost interest in you and no respect either. In as much as men love their freedom, they will never leave the women they love hanging.

My advice: Don't push it, focus on something else. If he is yours he will be back.

OP, do yourself a favour by following this advice. I am a guy and this is just a top secret.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by hpymoment(f): 7:29am On May 18, 2019
Nnaabros:
But how does one love a person they've never met?
You fell in 'love' just from his online post, texts, phone calls?

The word love has been so misused these days that it has become almost meaningless

Help me and ask ooo! How can I be in love with someone I have not seen? The seeing sef has to be continued before (akoo Maka love ) talking about love. Or is love now online transfer?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Obas101(m): 7:49am On May 18, 2019
wHyyyyyyyyyY:
lies. Stp misleading ppu
which one be lie say your own nd stop quoting me wrong undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 8:15am On May 18, 2019
When someone who’s never been married decides to counsel married people. Lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Adviseasister: 8:24am On May 18, 2019
STENON:
Have you seen him in real life? Don't force yourself for love. if he doesnt send or reply your text, delete his number and contact from your head. Keep working hard to be somebody that people would Love to associate with

No, I haven't. We were working towards that, but look at where we are now. We talked last night and he apologized, that was after seeing this thread. He said some advices here would destroy what we share.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 8:33am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Thanks. It is a long distance relationship, I don't mean Lagos to Abuja, but different countries, continents. How do we see the counsellor? What do you think is wrong with him? I feel he has drifted.

Wow.. That's like worlds apart shocked Anyway from ur write up u guys haven't met and its not even up to a year and the spark is dead. Now what attracted u both to each other? It could be he's really facing challenges but not taking ur calls at night unlike he used to is something u will have to ask him about. Sometimes we may hardly call when stressed but when i see ur incoming call at any given time i pick up so don't jump into conclusions. Try to know what the matter is and if u find out that the love is dead, babe find the spark or move on.
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:36am On May 18, 2019
long distance relationship.....you ought to have been careful from the onset..from the look of things, that guy may be married hence no more late night calls cos his wife is now around.....we men are full of tricks just to get your type.....if you love someone, being busy in the name of work will never allow you ignore her not even for hours..my dear, let me spell it out to you....LEAVE HIM AND MOVE ON WOTH YOUR LIFE....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Move on.

He is just a pu$$1 slave, online attention seeker.

Only attention seeking females fall for such. They plenty for here. Ask them, they will tell you.

Nairaland is the last place to start and build relationships.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 18, 2019
have u both met?
I guess no
op the excuses he"s been making about his work should tell he"s no longer interested in the long distance dating.most probably he has seen a girl closer that he"s involved with.all i will suggest is forget about him,delete all his contacts,get urself a guy then move on.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 9:59am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

It is painful seeing him online.

About 3weeks ago, he was flirting with one female user, while ignoring my WhatsApp messages. This is someone that rarely comments. I don't know what to do again.
but have u seen his pix? if he looks like shrek will u stil love him?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 10:01am On May 18, 2019
ojun50:
I think you should give him a surprise visit nd discuss tins with him befor you take that finer decision
u know hw much for visa and passport?

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 10:11am On May 18, 2019
You got no option that is why you are quick to fall in love with someone on the net,it also shows you are lonely.

The guy interest level is low....that is why he gives a lot of excuses..move on with your life...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:20am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Yes I have, when I was a teenager.... I regretted not moving on as soon a he started to ignore me. It was hard as I almost became obsessed with him, but finally I got over him with time. This too shall pass.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Adviseasister: 10:21am On May 18, 2019
lefulefu:
but have u seen his pix? if he looks like shrek will u stil love him?

I have seen his picture. I don't know about the second question, lolz. He is good looking, I didn't have to be in that situation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Adviseasister: 10:25am On May 18, 2019
lilwetdick:
You got no option that is why you are quick
to fall in love with someone on the net,it also shows you are lonely.

The guy interest level is low....

Please this is not true. I don't want to say I have many options, but I get approached by men daily. The intention wasn't to fall in love, we only wanted to chat, but you know what regular communication with someone can do.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by ojun50(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2019
lefulefu:
u know hw much for visa and passport?
since she dey worry na make she gather money,,,,

to yr question i sabi am pass you
Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

Please this is not true. I don't want to say I have many options, but I get approached by men daily. The intention wasn't to fall in love, we only wanted to chat, but you know what regular communication with someone can do.

this is not to diss you, you live abroad, most of the Nigerian guys there, will either go after white girls or native black girls that is because, they wanna safe-guide their future..so you see many nigerian born girls single..the only resort they have is to be on online, any guy that shows interest in them and make them happy online..they easily fall in love with them..the reason is simple--loneliness....sincerely speaking, the only people i see falling in love with people they meet online are lonely, shy or anti-social people.

as i have written earlier.. interest level for the guy is low..you need to move on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by IvarTheTerrible: 10:59am On May 18, 2019
undecided

Am I the Nairalander? shocked

There was this female former MOD of Nairaland who claimed i broke her heart.....

Her story is on my profile cry

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by Lexusgs430: 11:01am On May 18, 2019
Adviseasister:

He has moved on....... You can wait if you want to........

2 Likes

Re: Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? by SouthSouth1914: 11:02am On May 18, 2019
Nnaabros:
But how does one love a person they've never met?
You fell in 'love' just from his online post, texts, phone calls?

The word love has been so misused these days that it has become almost meaningless

The OP does not love him really.. she wants to bail out of this country and the guy has promised her or so. This is the reason people commit suicides because they just have unrealistic conclusions in realistic life scenarios

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

These Online Girls Are Not Beautiful In Real Life, Nigerian Man Says / Have Sex For Love Or Get Paid As A Prostitute - Kemi Olunloyo / The 6 Types Of Women Who Always Cheat On Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.