Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:38 PM

The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People (3176 Views)

Why The Igbos Deserve 2023 Presidency / Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbos Not A Serious People- Fredrick Nwabufo / The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 9:04pm On May 17, 2019
NAVIGATE
Front Page
The Nation
Business
Policy Radar
Petrobarometer
Lifestyle
Sport

HomepageViewpoint
The Yoruba deserve 2023 presidency, the Igbo are not a serious people
Fredrick Nwabufo in Top StoriesViewpoint
There is nothing as fatal as a blow from a “consanguineal fist”. A cut from a “sibling” hurts deeper than that from a stranger. I have been inflicted severe cuts – caustic verbal attacks – by some Igbo persons for advocating a president of Igbo extraction in 2023. While some of them are irritated by the attention that I have been able to generate for the cause, a few others see the “advocacy” as a means of cutting deals for filthy lucre.

The fiercest opposition to the cause, “president of Igbo extraction in 2023”, has been the people for which it is championed – the Igbo. While some of my kinsmen argued that they want restructuring and not the presidency, a great number of them say that they only want to “secure Igbo-land economically, politically and security-wise.” But when you ask them, how they intend to actualise these “dreams”, they just let off inchoate pieces of babble. As a matter of fact, most of these objurgators are just fortune seekers pinning and angling to benefit from “anything Igbo.”

I recall when Ifeanyi Uba, senator-elect, Anambra South, was trying to make an inroad into the fold of the dominant party at the national assembly, he was brutally hacked down with vicious criticisms by his own people. I have reflected pensively on what the Igbo political agenda could be, but at every point I become sectioned with a brain gay. What do the Igbo really want?

I have written a couple of essays, expounding the reasons the Igbo deserve the 2023 presidency and why all Nigerians of dispassionate interest and untainted conscience must support the group in actualising this noble goal. I still believe, for the sake national cohesion, the southeast region deserves a shot at the presidency. But it appears they are not ready for it.

In my essay, ‘With Buhari’s 4+4, Igbo presidency in 2023 is now non-negotiable’, I wrote: “I believe healing will begin for Nigerians when political justice is seen to have been done to all. At that point we can build a country defiant to disunity. But political justice must be done to all to get to this stage.”

However, I failed to add: “Political justice must be demanded when it is not given”. How can justice be done to a people who have resigned to hopeless fate? How can a people who are stuck in political stasis be called to the table for negotiations? How can a people who are on the path of no certain destination be taken seriously?

Really, I was surprised at the reactions to the essay by most Nigerians from the north and the south-west. I have messages from reputable Nigerians across ethnic divides in my phone log, telling me that it will be grave injustice if the Igbo are schemed out of the 2023 presidential race. I remember one retired general asked at the end of his message to me, “But what is the southeast doing about the 2023 presidency?” I only responded with a “smiley OMG”. But the answer to that is, “nothing; just whining, blowing hot air, fantasising about restructuring and mouthing off about Biafra”.

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation. I can see the southwest positioning itself strategically and making the necessary noise and calculated connections for a 2023 presidential bid. I cannot begrudge a people who are resolute about what they want, and who are, most importantly, feisty about their destiny. The cake will certainly be taken by a fiercer cat; it will not be handed to a gutless kitten.

You can demand political justice when it is not given; injustice only persists because you allow it.
https://www.thecable.ng/the-yoruba-deserve-2023-presidency-the-igbo-are-not-a-serious-people/amp?fbclid=IwAR3EXCjT2G_EwQMK4fwnGaMyERWPxdczIwbnGDhSp6lkRJnst6KKGVcwtiA

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by dokyOloye: 9:25pm On May 17, 2019
If una dey full 24hours,una no mention Igbo,Your pant go tear?
Igbo dey pursue you for dream?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by helinues: 9:30pm On May 17, 2019
undecided
Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 9:51pm On May 17, 2019
dokyOloye:
If una dey full 24hours,una no mention Igbo,Your pant go tear?

They are so afraid.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 9:56pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

They are so afraid.
Of what?did you read the article written by an igbo man?try to read it.yiu don't like the truth and always focusing on those things that don't concern you.

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:58pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

Of what?did you read the article written by an igbo man?try to read it.yiu don't like the truth and always focusing on those things that don't concern you.

It's better that a northerner rules than Tinubu or his Yoruba boys rule this country .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:01pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

Anyone can write any rubbish and sign with any name.

Who posted it to this site? Igboman too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2019
Yoruba people are one of the major problems of this country so let the north continue to rule if the south east aren't ready .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:18pm On May 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

It's better that a northerner rules than Tinubu or his Yoruba boys rule this country .
You are short sighted and cannot see ,this country will be restructured,I know you don't like it and preventing it and does people that can make it possible,you also don't like them.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:20pm On May 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Yoruba people are one of the major problems of this country so let the north continue to rule if the south east aren't ready .
Ibos are the major problem ,and you have continue to be in denial.dont you think time is going and we need to restructure or dissolve the country into pieces.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:21pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

You are short sighted and cannot see ,this country will be restructured,I know you don't like it and preventing it and does people that can make it possible,you also don't like them.

Laughing hard at your myopia grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:22pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

Ibos are the major problem ,and you have continue to be in denial.dont you think time is going and we need to restructure or dissolve the country into pieces.

Yoruba agree to dissolve this country? A yam will first grow eyes and mouth grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:25pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

So tinubu and his Yoruba slaves are the ones to restructure this country ?

So want him to corner Nigeria the way he cornered Lagos and the entire South West ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:33pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Yoruba agree to dissolve this country? A yam will first grow eyes and mouth grin

You have never been in opposition before and even in the present dispensation you are begging for positions.yorubas have always used their brains not emotions like you.we always ask for restructuring.
Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by mightyhaze: 10:36pm On May 17, 2019
2023 is igbo presidency..
igbos are more than seriius and ready..
stuff ur selfish propaganda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:36pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

You have never been in opposition before and even in the present dispensation you are begging for positions.yorubas have always used their brains not emotions like you.we always ask for restructuring.

Who's begging for positions apart from yoruba who's main headache now is that igbos don't want to struggle for presidency that's 4 years away.

Una no get work?

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:37pm On May 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

So tinubu and his Yoruba slaves are the ones to restructure this country ?

So want him to corner Nigeria the way he cornered Lagos and the entire South West ?
The first man to talk about independent power plant
The guy that created additional local government from 20 to 57.
The man that increased the revenues of Lagos from 600m to 40billion monthly.
Is that not re organization ,is that not restructuring at the state and local government levels.what have you guys done differently?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:40pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

Is that not re organization ,is that not restructuring at the state and local government levels.what have you guys done differently?

Ask that the country be balkanized so that every one will contain their madness in their own region. grin

When will you people grow such balls?

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by mightyhaze: 10:40pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

wipe your tears after that long wail and join hands on deck for an igbo presidency.. thats the only just thing to do...

your people cant be the only ones qualified to rule the country. for any professor ur people have,igbos should have like 4 or more. for every competent hand in yoruba land,be assured there are atleast 5 in igboland,..so shun primordial selfish and greedy tendencies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:40pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Who's begging for positions apart from yoruba who's main headache now is that igbos don't want to struggle for presidency that's 4 years away.

Una no get work?
Yourubas are not looking for presidency for the sake of it,the approach is to capture power and do what you want to do with it.you are agitating for restructuring and your strategy is zero,seat at home?vote atiku sealed and delivered?baifra with ijaws,ibibios,etc.you want to continue to waste our time with your zero strategy.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:41pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

What have you got to say on the 3 bullion vans that drove into Tinubu house on the eve before Presidential election ?

A thief like Tinubu will never rule this country .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:44pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

Yourubas are not looking for presidency for the sake of it,the approach is to capture power and do what you want to do with it.you are agitating for restructuring and your strategy is zero,seat at home?vote atiku sealed and delivered?baifra with ijaws,ibibios,etc.you want to continue to waste our time with your zero strategy.

Mind your front, keep chasing presidency after Obasanjo and Osibanjo, keep thinking that's what will change the roof colour of Ibadan or resettle the millions of poor beggers in Abeokuta.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:44pm On May 17, 2019
mightyhaze:
wipe your tears after that long wail and join hands on deck for an igbo presidency.. thats the only just thing to do...

your people cant be the only ones qualified to rule the country. for any professor ur people have,igbos should have like 4 or more. for every competent hand in yoruba land,be assured there are atleast 5 in igboland,..so shun primordial selfish and greedy tendencies
Did you read the article,he author said he his confused and don't know what you want,yorubas don't need presidency,we need restructuring of this system that was damaged and rearranged by igbos.a restructured Nigeria with a premier of yorubaland will be a powerful post that comes with enormous resources.what is president of Nigeria?making your people retrogressive ,and backward with a unitary system.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:45pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

Did you read the article,he author said he his confused and don't know what you want,yorubas don't need presidency,we need restructuring of this system that was damaged and rearranged by igbos.a restructured Nigeria with a premier of yorubaland will be a powerful post that comes with enormous resources.what is president of Nigeria?making your people retrogressive ,and backward with a unitary system.

Crying more than the writer of the article. Wipe your tears and live in the moment. Buharri is still in power or are you trying to throw him out for osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:47pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Mind your front, keep chasing presidency after Obasanjo and Osibanjo, keep thinking that's what will change the roof colour of Ibadan or resettle the millions of poor beggers in Abeokuta.
You igbos destroyed a beautiful system and development is meaured by industries,education,healthcare, not the roof top of a house.India has one of the biggest slums in the world yet,it is an emerging markets country and fastest growing .in igbo land you have forest ,no development ,low GDP etc.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:50pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

You igbos destroyed a beautiful system and development is meaured by industries,education,healthcare, not the roof top of a house.India has one of the biggest slums in the world yet,it is an emerging markets country and fastest growing .in igbo land you have forest ,no development ,low GDP etc.

Stop foaming in the mouth, say one thing at a time.

Breathe in, out.

What were you saying?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:51pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Crying more than the writer of the article. Wipe your tears and live in the moment. Buharri is still in power or are you trying to throw him out for osinbajo.
They know it is inevitable , restructuring will come,igbos don't want it.this guys know and they have opened a dry port,a train link ,and massive road connections,but your people are busy hating tinubu without anything to show.anambra home to inewi market generated only 10billion .That is your power house .
Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 10:52pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

Stop foaming in the mouth, say one thing at a time.

Breathe in, out.

What were you saying?
grin that is it ,you mentioned the roof top of houses,it does not measure living standards.
Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:54pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

They know it is inevitable , restructuring will come,igbos don't want it.this guys know and they have opened a dry port,a train link ,and massive road connections,but your people are busy hating tinubu without anything to show.anambra home to inewi market generated only 10billion .That is your power house .

"Sometimes, choosing to do nothing is a grand strategy" - Achike Udenwa, 2007.
Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by SLAP44: 10:56pm On May 17, 2019
olas24u:

grin that is it ,you mentioned the roof top of houses,it does not measure living standards.

Ibadan and abakeleke
Who's living better here grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by olas24u(f): 11:00pm On May 17, 2019
SLAP44:

"Sometimes, choosing to do nothing is a grand strategy" - Achike Udenwa, 2007.
doing nothing with free money ,cannot be a strategy,it's an opportunity ,because you don't earn the money you receive monthly in all you states .so you get free money generated from other places .so you can reach a mileage in development and when biafra comes,you don't need airports,railway,schools etc.you will focus on newer development.
Re: The Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbo Are Not A Serious People by MorufuAtanda: 11:03pm On May 17, 2019
Our Yoruba Muslim media using anti-Igbo propaganda that has always failed. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Dares Buhari: 'Arrest Me If You Can' [VIDEO] / Reasons Why You Should Vote Peter Obi / Federal Government Inaugurates Board Of Citizenship And Leadership Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.