Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Mental Wellness and Suicide - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mental Wellness and Suicide (1272 Views)

Kenyan Man Commits Suicide After Lover Cheated On Him (photos) / Expert Advises Nigerians As Mouka ‘walks For Wellness And Health’ / For Wellness And Wealth: Attend NORLAND Ibadan Mega Business Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mental Wellness and Suicide by constancefriday(m): 8:04am On May 18, 2019
He said and i quote: " My Mental health has been on Life Support since, but as we all know, life support is expensive"
So he decided to take his own life.
He must have tried to let People know, but no one listened, very few cared and according to him, they added extra days to his stay here.
Then i realise that adding extra days was only Extending his silent suffering and pain, rather that do that the goal should've been to take that thought away from the core of his thoughts, but it was there until.he made up his mind. To Self Destruct.
Let us take issues of depression and suicide amongst us more seriously than we presently do. Suicide is a mindset, if thoughts of ending it all just for the heck of it keeps recycling in the subconscious mind (psyche/heart) of a person, it could grow and transfer to the conscious mind (cerebral cortex) and then when it matures via the CNS such a fellow will boldly carry out the act of self snuffing (aka Suicide).
We tend to look at being suicidal with insensitivity and tactlessness, "eh go and kill yourself na" , "person wey don die don die" and "wetin dey worry you gan sef, na only you get problem, all of us get issue" plus several and many other careless and insensitive remarks we often make thinking a person is "Strong and aggresive enough to bear them"
What if your own child is involved? Do we think that way? These Young folks who snuffed themselves last week were leading life like normal but just thought it better to end it all.
And like i said it's a mere thought which the words of GOD can uproot because they're sownin their minds and heart by Satan.
Speak the word of GOD to someone today and be sincere with it as you do. You may not know whose life you're saving.
I remember during my active days as a Youth Leader in TREM Church, i met one Sister after an evening service (very beautiful she was indeed) and while chatting with her i began instinctively (Holy Spirit led instincts) to quote parts of the scripture to her e.g Jeremiah 29:11, 32:27, etc etc. Then just that moment she smiled (that was the first time i saw her smile since she joined us in the TREM assembly i was active in) and then she said "I wanted to do something (very bad i presume) but because of these words i've completely changed my mind, i'll no longer do it, i feel much better now"
Many folks are in Church with dying souls or dead souls, and some Pastors don't know how they make matters worse, when they keep shouting "make money, make money, get rich all you poor people amongst us or die trying, our pastors have turned our Church sermons to 50 Cent's sold out concerts while a soul is waiting for just one true Godly Holy Spirit inspired Word to jerk it up and out of black waters by unplanting the seeds of the Devil tormenting it.
May the Souls of the Music Minister at Abuja, the UNN undergraduate and other great people across the country and abroad who couldn't bear it any more and decided to self snuff rest in peace In Jesus name.

Apostle Constance Friday is a Preacher, Teacher, Writer, an expert in Human Behaviour and a Counselor. He's the Most Supreme Shepherd of Real Life Missions International, a Gospel Propagating Organization with Global reach and presence.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mental Wellness and Suicide by ademchij: 3:25am On Sep 23, 2021
constancefriday:
He said and i quote: " My Mental health has been on Life Support since, but as we all know, life support is expensive"
He must have tried to let People know, but no one listened, very few cared and according to him, they added extra days to his stay here.
Then i realise that adding extra days was only Extending his silent suffering and pain, rather that do that the goal should've been to take that thought away from the core of his thoughts, but it was there until.he made up his mind. To Self Destruct.
Let us take issues of depression and suicide amongst us more seriously than we presently do. Suicide is a mindset, if thoughts of ending it all just for the heck of it keeps recycling in the subconscious mind (psyche/heart) of a person, it could grow and transfer to the conscious mind (cerebral cortex) and then when it matures via the CNS such a fellow will boldly carry out the act of self snuffing (aka Suicide).
We tend to look at being suicidal with insensitivity and tactlessness, "eh go and kill yourself na" , "person wey don die don die" and "wetin dey worry you gan sef, na only you get problem, all of us get issue" plus several and many other careless and insensitive remarks we often make thinking a person is "Strong and aggresive enough to bear them"
What if your own child is involved? Do we think that way? These Young folks who snuffed themselves last week were leading life like normal but just thought it better to end it all.
And like i said it's a mere thought which the words of GOD can uproot because they're sownin their minds and heart by Satan.
Speak the word of GOD to someone today and be sincere with it as you do. You may not know whose life you're saving.
I remember during my active days as a Youth Leader in TREM Church, i met one Sister after an evening service (very beautiful she was indeed) and while chatting with her i began instinctively (Holy Spirit led instincts) to quote parts of the scripture to her e.g Jeremiah 29:11, 32:27, etc etc. Then just that moment she smiled (that was the first time i saw her smile since she joined us in the TREM assembly i was active in) and then she said "I wanted to do something (very bad i presume) but because of these words i've completely changed my mind, i'll no longer do it, i feel much better now"
Many folks are in Church with dying souls or dead souls, and some Pastors don't know how they make matters worse, when they keep shouting "make money, make money, get rich all you poor people amongst us or die trying, our pastors have turned our Church sermons to 50 Cent's sold out concerts while a soul is waiting for just one true Godly Holy Spirit inspired Word to jerk it up and out of black waters by unplanting the seeds of the Devil tormenting it.
May the Souls of the Music Minister at Abuja, the UNN undergraduate and other great people across the country and abroad who couldn't bear it any more and decided to self snuff rest in peace In Jesus name.

Apostle Constance Friday is a Preacher, Teacher, Writer, an expert in Human Behaviour and a Counselor. He's the Most Supreme Shepherd of Real Life Missions International, a Gospel Propagating Organization with Global reach and presence.
Re: Mental Wellness and Suicide by mercycarl: 4:53am On Sep 23, 2021
constancefriday:

Re: Mental Wellness and Suicide by stephieok: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
constancefriday:

(1) (Reply)

Fiber Rich Foods And Their Benefits To Your Health / UK Company Blocks South Africa From Producing Own Ventilators / I Am Dead After 30 Mins Of Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.