Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

When It's Too Hard To Say Goodbye... By Ikenga Mayor Eze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When It's Too Hard To Say Goodbye... By Ikenga Mayor Eze (364 Views)

Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? / Governor Obiano Gifts Innoson Ikenga Jeeps To All Traditional Rulers In Anambra / Senator Ekwunife Poses With Her New Innoson Ikenga, Lists 5 Months Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When It's Too Hard To Say Goodbye... By Ikenga Mayor Eze by NORSIYK(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2019
WHEN IT'S TOO HARD TO SAY GOODBYE...

By Ikenga Mayor Eze

Once again, I salute the foresight of the early Political philosophers who insisted on tenured terms on the executive arm and periodic elections. Power corrupts.

My advice to all power seekers under a democratic setting is that it should be firmly etched in their psyche that as they take the oath of office, their exit dates are certain and sacrosanct. They should also know that the best plans and permutations can go wrong when it's not THE WILL OF GOD. When it happens, we count our blessings and move on. Democrats must imbibe the culture of give and take. There is a reason Chief executives hire experts knowledgeable enough to always tell them the truth no matter the circumstances.

It's very unfortunate and embarrassing that certain elements working in the Rochas administration in Imo state have gone public with the completely false news that the Rochas administration has released one hundred and fifty million naira (N150,000,000.00k) to the Emeka Ihedioha inauguration team. How low can it be?

I am among the 31 member team set up by Emeka Ihedioha to interface with the 21 members of the Rochas team. When we met, seeing the 52 members as unwieldy, it was agreed that each group should come up with five names to make a technical committee of 10 from both sides. I also made the five from the Ihedioha group. Bar Ikenna Emeh from the Rochas group is the Chairman of the technical team of ten. We have delibrated for days and put in our reccommendations.

With days to go, Convinced that the government side is not doing anything to show its determination to have a smooth inauguration. The Ihedioha team met and decided to look inwards with regards to the funding of the inauguration because even if it's done under a tree, the ritual of the handover is complete. The fan farfare is secondary.

I challenge all members of the Rochas administration circulating this embarrassing falsehood to publish a picture of the cheque or evidence of the N150m given to us. I simply do not know why there should be all these drama over a constitutional issue, honestly. I am also the Chairman of the logistics committee, if a kobo enters, I should know.

This evening, Bar Chris Okewulonu who chairmans the committee of the whole on the side of Ihedioha also complained bitterly about the falsehood. As at 6pm today, not a kobo has being gotten from the Rochas administration not to talk of mismanagement. This is definitely not the way to go no matter how bitter one feels based on calculations and permutations. Assuming it's a case of finding it too hard to say GOODBYE the bigger picture should be the focus. Whenever you find yourself in a tenured office, YOU ARE ON TRANSIT.

Re: When It's Too Hard To Say Goodbye... By Ikenga Mayor Eze by xangerar: 7:59pm On May 18, 2019
Departure trauma!

(1) (Reply)

PMB Having A Council Meeting With The Delta Chieftain With Humility And Respect / FG Begins Electrification Of 37 Federal Universities / Zamfara Court Ruling: APC In Mourning And Sad Mood, Says Party Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.