Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,368 members, 7,781,005 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:21 AM

List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year (30048 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2022 / Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album / Burna Boy Wins BET Best International Act 2020 (Full List Of Winners) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by goldcoinhub: 6:11am On May 19, 2019
The full list of winners at VGMA 2019, Vodafone Ghana Music Awards has finally been announced as the show just rounded off in the West African country.

The biggest names in the Ghanaian and African music gathered at the new dome of the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) for the 20th edition of the Awards

Nigeria’s Burna Boy won the African artiste of the year.

See full list of winners at VGMA 2019

Highlife Song of the Year – Shatta Wale – ‘My Level’

Hiplife Song of the Year – Yaa Pono – ‘Obiaa Wone Master’ feat Stonebwoy

Gospel Song of the Year – Diana Hamilton – ‘Mo Ne Yo’

Reggae/Dancehall Song of the Year – Shatta Wale – ‘Gringo’

Afropop Song of the Year – Guilty Beatz – ‘Akwaaba’ feat Mr Eazi, Pappy Kojo & King Promise

Hip hop Song of the Year – Kwesi Arthur – ‘Anthem’

Gospel Artist of the Year – Diana Hamilton

Reggae/Dancehall Artist of the Year – Stonebwoy

Highlife Artist of the Year – Kuami Eugene

Songwriter of the Year – King Promise – ‘CCTV’

Record of the Year – Akwaboah – ‘Hye Me Bo’

Best Video of the Year – ‘Come and See My Moda’ feat Yemi Alade (Dir Xbills Ebenezer)

Hiplife/Hiphop Artist of the Year – Medikal

Male Vocalist of the Year – KiDi

Female Vocalist of the Year – Efya

Group of the Year – Bethel Revival Choir

Rapper of the Year – Medikal

Best Collaboration of the Year – Stonebwoy – ‘Kpoo Keke’ feat Medikal, Kwesi Arthur, Darko Vibes & Kelvyn Boy

African Artist of the Year – Burna Boy

New Artist of the Year – Wendy Shay

Song of the Year – To be announced

Album of the Year – Kuami Eugene – Rockstar

Artist of the Year – To be announced

Best African Collabo – Guilty Beats ft. Mr. Eazi, Patapaa & Pappy Kojo – ‘Akwaaba’

Instrumentalist of the Year – Mizter Okyere

Unsung Artiste of the Year – Kula

Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Mary Ghansah
J. A. Adofo
Prof. Kofi Abraham

Producer of the Year – Kuami Eugene

Sound Engineer of the Year – Francis Osei – ‘Hye Me Bo’

Artiste of the Decade – Sarkodie

https://lailasnews.com/list-winners-vgma-2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by dominique(f): 7:02am On May 19, 2019
Congrats Burna

26 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by erons22(m): 7:04am On May 19, 2019
Burna boy really deserve the award, congrat to him

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Westsida: 7:06am On May 19, 2019
cool
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by enshi(m): 7:06am On May 19, 2019
Later they will say Ghanaians are better... So they had no one to clinch that award in there place... Hmmmm

Soon Dino will win most prominent politician in Ghana

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by helinues: 7:06am On May 19, 2019
Burna, well deserved

Oluwa Burna gbona feli at the moment

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by lakesider(m): 7:07am On May 19, 2019
Rubbish award. Rubbish musicians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Kurtis02(m): 7:07am On May 19, 2019
Oya check and balance .
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by NOC1(m): 7:07am On May 19, 2019
Burnaboy is good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Komu1048(m): 7:07am On May 19, 2019
Glo why u steal my ftc, nawao people too dey fast to type undecided

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by tstx(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2019
Oluwa BURNA
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by philip0906(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2019
lakesider:
Rubbish award. Rubbish musicians
Why are you angry this morning?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by bentlywills(m): 7:09am On May 19, 2019
And Shatta wale started fight grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Mystiquefia: 7:10am On May 19, 2019
The Supremacy battle between Stonebwoy and shatta wale has been on for over a decade now.
Shatta-wale who is the most dominant force in the Reggae dancehall genre, with a larger fan base in Ghana always feels insulted as to why Stonebwoy always got all the international recognitions. If you ask me, I think this is a case of davido and wizkid. Whilst davido seems to have more followership, even on Instagram and twitter and has continued to dominate the African music scene, wizkid gets all the international recognition still. Fact is Stonebwoy is way more talented than shatta-wale in all spheres of music making. His voice, pitch, beats and lyrics all go in coherence, which is not the case in shatta-wales. Apart from R2bees, sark and fuse, stonebwoy is the next best artiste to come out of Ghana in recent times. He is also arguably the best Reggae dancehall artiste to come out of Africa, No wonder Stonebwoy is the only Reggae dancehall artiste with a BET award in Africa, Best personality award in the just concluded Nickelodeon kids choice award. Stonebwoys international recognition earned him more recognition in the Nigerian music industry, because at a time he was the most sought after Ghanaian artiste for collaborations in Nigeria.
How shatta wale ever thought he'd clinch the award in that category still baffles me. Stonebwoy released an album which featured America's Sean Paul, and African giants like, Casper Nyovest, AKA, sarkodie. The Only thing I noticed about shatta wales music last year was improvement in his music videos, and the credit of course goes to Nigerias Sesan. Whilst shattawale was busy trying to shoot standard music videos with sesan in order to catch up with Stonebwoys quality videos, Stonebwoy was doing international collaborations with music giants...A case of Misplaced priorities. Fact is shattawale only claims to love being local, deep down inside he wishes he's being recognized with those awards instead. This was someone who said he loved portraying his culture in his music videos, hence the low quality. He Even accused Ghanaian directors of copying their NIgerian counterparts, yet his music videos in recent times are being shot by SESAN. He's an hypocrite!!!
i could still remember how shatta Wale threw a shade at Stonebwoy recently when his album and international collaborations couldn't get him nominated for this year's BET's, according to him he was preparing for his local awards(VGMA'S) instead. The rest is history

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by GistmoreNG: 7:10am On May 19, 2019
shocked

Regina Daniels Smokes As She Hangs Out With Billionaire Husband At A Nightclub
==> Watch Video & See Photos Here
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Princejboy(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2019
Congrats burna boy

3 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Zzyy(m): 7:11am On May 19, 2019
See my shatta wale oo...I know my level

3 Likes

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by KingLennon(m): 7:13am On May 19, 2019
The only artiste I know there is Burna Boy. The rest are primary school artistes grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Hoodbilonia: 7:14am On May 19, 2019
Trash
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Kiddad: 7:15am On May 19, 2019
Lol yh right. Sm4lyf
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by saviourstandere: 7:17am On May 19, 2019
Very well deserved,big congrat to him and thanks for making we Nigerians proud also more success to follow Mr Burna

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Hotzone(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2019
Aye axemen making us proud....from Burna to davido
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Kyllahmc(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2019
Minus Burna Boy winning the best artist... I only see Ghanaian dominated list. What do Ghanaians know about good music?
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by MufasaRebirth: 7:19am On May 19, 2019
Congratulations to you Don Gorgon.

I had a dream you were on DJ Khaled's Album, i pray the dream comes to Reality bro..
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Kenturkey048(m): 7:20am On May 19, 2019
philip0906:

Why are you angry this morning?
help ask am ooo.
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by MrTrend(m): 7:21am On May 19, 2019
Congratulations to him
Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by RTSC: 7:22am On May 19, 2019
A Ghanaian based award. cheesy
No wonder Ghanaians full there like water.

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At VGMA 2019 As Burna Boy Wins African Artiste Of The Year by Kenmatt(m): 7:24am On May 19, 2019
With Which song?

" Me I no see wetin Burna dey sing"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Save Majek Fashek / Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. / Is Ja Rule A Gangsta Or A Wanksta!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.