Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

How Christians Can Overcome Depression - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christians Can Overcome Depression (8384 Views)

How Christians Can Make Their Tithes And Offerings Bring The Desired Results / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / How Christians Look At Nude Photos And Videos Of Exposed Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Omooba77: 8:39am On May 19, 2019
Depression is real and is becoming part of our lives. As Christians we need to find away of dealing with it and overcome.
Some of the ways to deal with it;
- Dont indulge too much in social media, many of the things are make believe
- Love not the world, dont be engrossed in wanting to get everything your eyes see, your heart perceived!
- Dont compare yourself with others, unnecessary rat race give lots of us blood pressure.
- Be content with what you have
- Dont make fun of others who are struggling
- As parents dont put pressure on your children
- Dont live above your means
- Seek help inform of counselling and medical too because depression has to do with mental health.
- Live one day at a time.
- Above all have faith in God, trust him, cast your burden on him and honour his invitation if you are labouring and heavy laden.
God will heal us all!

27 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by JasonScoolari: 8:47am On May 19, 2019
Gradually, everyone is turning into a "motivational speaker" on depression issues.

It's all good.

4 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Omooba77: 9:04am On May 19, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Gradually, everyone is turning a "motivational speaker" on depression issues.

It's all good.

It is the reality of our time sir

9 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by ojun50(m): 9:24am On May 19, 2019
Alot of nigerian are depress and i high we start helping one another in the little way we can,

i have come to discover that nigerian women are the most depress women oh earth yet thy manage it. Unlike our brodas

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Omooba77: 9:44am On May 19, 2019
ojun50:
Alot of nigerian are depress and i high we start helping one another in the little way we can,

i have come to discover that nigerian women are the most depress women oh earth yet thy manage it. Unlike our brodas

Even children are getting depressed too

3 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Omooba77: 9:02am On May 20, 2019
Tough times never last

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Omooba77: 7:36am On May 26, 2019
Pray and take things easy.

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:05am On May 26, 2019
Because we’ve placed our faith in Jesus and He’s paid for all our sins and brokenness on the cross, He will never walk away from us. And more incredibly, He doesn’t even want to.

He can handle our doubts, frustrations, failures and darkest moments because He is an astoundingly gracious God. He loves us through it all, because that is simply who He is.

God is good.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by alBHAGDADI: 9:06am On May 26, 2019
typing
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by comradee1248: 9:06am On May 26, 2019
Ok
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by NPComplete: 9:06am On May 26, 2019
Wait what?

I thought Christians are never depressed. I thought the joy of the lord is their strength. I thought the holy spirit comforts them and ministers to them daily. U mean they still go through everything ordinary humans go through too? Lol

Finally u guys have started embracing reality. U have stopped lying to yourselves. Little by little we will get u to come to terms with reality.

The next task is to help u stop faking miracles.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by jaxxy(m): 9:07am On May 26, 2019
Cast ur burdens on the lord. Hv survival/self preservation skills. Pray.
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by tstx(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2019
It's always easy to say....

3 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by hustla(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2019
Seek medical help and don't pray away depression

4 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by CAPSLOCKED: 9:08am On May 26, 2019
Omooba77:

- Above all have faith in God, trust him, cast your burden on him and honour his invitation if you are labouring and heavy laden.
God will heal us all!

DEPRESION AND SUICIDE WAS INCLUDED IN GOD'S PLAN FROM THE MOMENT OF CREATION, SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

WHAT GOD SAYS WILL HAPPEN WILL HAPPEN, WHAT HE SAYS WON'T HAPPEN WON'T HAPPEN. OR ISN'T THAT WHAT CHRISTIANS BELIEVE?

WHAT ABOUT DESTINY. PERHAPS, IT'S GOD'S WILL FOR THEM TO BE DEPRESSED AND SUICIDAL IN LIFE. SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

DEPRESSION AND SUICIDE IS GOD'S PLAN, AND GOD CAN NEVER CHANGE.
SO IF IT'S HIS PLAN FOR A PERSON THEN HE/SHE CANNOT ESCAPE IT. THEREFORE THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by stinjoe(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2019
Depression is real. "It's just a matter of time, i will see it through". That's my little formula and it do keep me going.
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Ihutomi: 9:10am On May 26, 2019
My brethren any child of God that is born again can NEVA b depressed talk more of suicide,suicide is the devil's device.may God grace lead

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by ikorodureporta: 9:10am On May 26, 2019
I hate hearing all these depression/ suicide stories.

Always help your fellow man & there'll be less of it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Nobody: 9:11am On May 26, 2019
I deal in fundamental solutions.

The overhaul solution to depression is to format your current belief system.

Depression is a feeling and our belief systems creates our feelings.

Think about it.
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by IvarTheTerrible: 9:11am On May 26, 2019
angry

By paying tithes tongue
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:11am On May 26, 2019
Ok but I don’t think the treatment of depression involves any specific religious belief or lack of one.

1 Like

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by JasonScoolari: 9:12am On May 26, 2019
cool
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by jnrbayano(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2019
Omooba77:
Depression is real and is becoming part of our lives. As Christians we need to find away of dealing with it and overcome.
Some of the ways to deal with it;
- Dont indulge too much in social media, many of the things are make believe
- Love not the world, dont be engrossed in wanting to get everything your eyes see, your heart perceived!
- Dont compare yourself with others, unnecessary rat race give lots of us blood pressure.
- Be content with what you have
- Dont make fun of others who are struggling
- As parents dont put pressure on your children
- Dont live above your means
- Seek help inform of counselling and medical too because depression has to do with mental health.
- Live one day at a time.
God will heal us all!

Meet a depressed person first before writing any bullshit

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by turischool(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2019
ojun50:

the men are more depress now so much pressure to meet the demands of a fake world we are living now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by turischool(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2019
Ihutomi:
My brethren any child of God that is born again can NEVA b depressed talk more of suicide,suicide is the devil's device.may God grace lead

this why i hate religion
so because am born again i will be immune with the issues of life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:17am On May 26, 2019
Lol, humans are mostly 99.99% the same, religion doesn't make you 0.001% similar to your fellow Muslim or Christian.
Genetically and historically Men are more depressed than women in fact boys are more depressed than women and girls combined.
This has to do with both biology and environment look around you all the guys are trying to be rich one way or another the girls are mostly looking for all ready made men very few of them are trying to make their own money even the once in school are not looking forward to getting a job or building a billion dollar company but marrying quick before they turn 25 or 29.
The women have a lot of thing's to take away their mind from depression guys only have football and alcohol and many of us don't drink that leaves us with football some of us have lost interest in that too like me that o ly leaves us with religion or very few other alternatives to distract our minds. Every failure hits you harder than the last. Depression is real Religion may help some but certainly cannot help all.

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Ihutomi: 9:17am On May 26, 2019
turischool:

this why i hate religion
so because am born again i will be immune with the issues of life
if u are not born again u will Neva understand, the things of God is far different from what u think. Get born again and enjoy a life without sorrow.

2 Likes

Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Temple1288(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2019
How they can overcome depression? Those Jet Owners and suit wearing scammers should do more.. They will only focus iwe lu nke iji!
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by Omooba77: 9:19am On May 26, 2019
jnrbayano:

Meet a depressed person first before writing any bullshit
I have counselled a succidal fellow sir
Re: How Christians Can Overcome Depression by netflicks(m): 9:23am On May 26, 2019
Am depressed but not to the extent of commiting Sucide. Am just fed up about a lot of things am presently struggling with..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are There Any Diff Btw Muslims (Alfa) And Herbalists! Well, Don't Think So / Angola Becomes The First Country In The World To Ban Islam & Muslims / How The Bible Teaches Us To Recognize False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.