Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,856 members, 7,798,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu (15732 Views)

TB Joshua's Daughter, Ajoke Tortured After Standing Up To 'Daddy' / Pastor Paul Enenche Responds To Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog And A Bastard / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Reacts To Daddy Freeze "Giving Pastors January Salary" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 10:06am On May 19, 2019
Dear Daddy Freeze

I had tried to reach you privately with this letter but when you did not respond I decided to make the letter public. I had raised some questions in the letter that I considered salient to the ministry of anyone who may be engaged in some kind of reform of religion in a country and I feel that if you do not have the time to respond to the letter, perhaps some of your followers would be able to write a rejoinder. I am trying very much not to come to certain conclusions on you that might make one regard your campaign as self-seeking but if I am still not able to get answers to my questions, I would have no choice but to conclude so. Then one would have to warn those listening to you to beware of being deceived.

I am Deji Yesufu. I live and work in Ibadan. I have written articles on you before and I am grateful for your sharing some of them. I did a talk with TV Continental sometimes ago, where I mentioned you and the video went viral. That was the days of campaigning against tithing and so on.

What has occasioned my writing this letter to you this time is the recent associations you have been having with Apostle Johnson Suleiman. I watched the video you made about your reaching out to him and I saw the video he also made on you too. I noticed from your words, and some of the responses that I have been getting off the internet, that a lot of people in your movement are unhappy about your association with Suleiman and they feel you have let them down. You responded by saying that Suleiman showed sincere love to you and that out of respect, you needed to give him a hearing. I understand that both of you are talking a lot now and discussing doctrines and all of that. Please permit me to react to this matter first.

I think you are totally belittling the person of Johnson Suleiman. I remember that at the heat of your campaign against tithing, Suleiman made veiled references to you and used some very strong words against you. I hope you know that there was no “love” in his statements then. Today, because you have quite a following and influence, it behooves Suleiman to treat you with respect and thus the so called “love” he is displaying to associate with you. I think, and this can be disputed, that Suleiman is simply living up to his nature: he is a deceiver and he is deceiving you. The Bible tells us of false prophets who come to us as “angels of light”. This is what I believe Suleiman is and I would request that you beware of him. He would not come to you as the monster that he is; he would suck you in with deception and spit you out. The so called love he claims to be relating with you on, to say the least, is deceptive.

Second. The Free the Sheeple Movement have used the wrong parameters to judge Johnson Suleiman. Suleiman and others in the Pentecostal/Prosperity Churches are not deceivers because of scandals like the Stephanie Otobo case or because they buy private jet. They are deceivers because they preach a gospel that is not Christian. It is my hope that you have studied what many have written about the deceptive Prosperity Gospel that is prevalent in Nigerian Churches. If you have not, I have book references I can send to you. You need to know the history of these teachings and how many of the preachers, that teach it in our country, got to the point they did. The gospel of Prosperity is a message of hell and this is what makes them, primarily, deceivers. The way they live, the sins they cover up, their lavish and ostentatious lifestyle, is only an offshoot of the false gospel they believe.

At this point in this letter, I am compelled to ask you Daddy Freeze: what do you believe? If you do not have a well-structured and orthodox belief about Christianity, then the possibility of being blown around by every wind of doctrine abounds. You are essentially what you believe. Therefore, what do you believe? As a movement, do you have a list of doctrines you hold as beliefs? Do you have a creed? I understand the evolving nature of the movement and this is why it is important that the movement, and you as its leading figure, come under proper guiding light. And there is no greater guiding light in Christianity than the Holy Bible. But we also cannot separate what we believe from whom we learn the doctrines of scriptures from; God uses men to guide us into biblical truths. In Acts 18, Apollos came out as an individual able to refute the Jews’ false teaching. But he needed a Priscilla and Aquila to guide him to a more successful ministry. They taught him and he became an effective vessel in Christ’s hand. Every one of us need such guidance.

Freeze, there has been a Reformation in the church before. What do you know about it? What do you know about Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli and John Calvin? What do you know about how the Reformation affected Europe? What do you know about Dutch Reformed Theology? What do you know about men like John Owen, Jonathan Edwards, George Whitefield, John Wesley, C. H. Spurgeon, Martyn Lloyd-Jones? These were men whom God used to reform religion in Europe, England and America. What do you know about their ministries? If God would use you as a reformer today, do you think he would do anything different from what he did through these men in the past? The reason historical theology is important is because whatever we are debating and fighting today in Christianity, has occurred in the 2,000 year history of Christianity. Wise people simply study the past and replicate the lessons learnt. What do you know about reformed churches there in Nigeria, who are working underground to bring people to faith in Christ? I am saying, dear sir that you need to learn. It would help you in your work.

The problem with Christianity in Nigeria is more than what people do. It is essentially what people believe. Nigeria Christianity is a strange mixture of animism and Christianity. Thus, the result is that the churches are filled with false converts. This is how it affects you: In all my listening to you, I have not heard you make a personal statement of how you came to believe in Jesus Christ. Freeze, are you a Christian? Do you understand the core of the gospel? Do you know that more than social welfare, God’s ultimate desire is that all men may come to living faith in Christ? Is this the propelling force in your movement? You cannot give what you do not have. If you are not a Christian, you cannot see a reason to sell Christ to people. You may sell “reformation” and maybe even “aluta”, but only a converted heart knows that the most important information for a world reeling in sin is the gospel. I would like to hear you, one day, state how you came to living faith in Christ and I would want to see you make the gospel the underlying theme in your movement. When this happens, the people who hear you would not only shove off what is wrong; they would receive what is right: which is Christ Jesus himself.

With that, I wish to bring this letter to a close. Please you may reply this letter via my e-mail newdejix@gmail.com. I would be glad to hear from you and I do sincerely hope that by reading this letter you have not been offended but rather challenged to seek a more effective route to freeing God’s people from Nigerian deceptive Pentecostal movement.

Thank you.

Deji Yesufu.

Ibadan.

Source: http://mouthpiece.com.ng/dear-daddy-freeze/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by MuttleyLaff: 1:11pm On May 19, 2019
VBCampaign:
Dear Daddy Freeze

I had tried to reach you privately with this letter but when you did not respond I decided to make the letter public. I had raised some questions in the letter that I considered salient to the ministry of anyone who may be engaged in some kind of reform of religion in a country and I feel that if you do not have the time to respond to the letter, perhaps some of your followers would be able to write a rejoinder. I am trying very much not to come to certain conclusions on you that might make one regard your campaign as self-seeking but if I am still not able to get answers to my questions, I would have no choice but to conclude so. Then one would have to warn those listening to you to beware of being deceived.

I am Deji Yesufu. I live and work in Ibadan. I have written articles on you before and I am grateful for your sharing some of them. I did a talk with TV Continental sometimes ago, where I mentioned you and the video went viral. That was the days of campaigning against tithing and so on.

What has occasioned my writing this letter to you this time is the recent associations you have been having with Apostle Johnson Suleiman. I watched the video you made about your reaching out to him and I saw the video he also made on you too. I noticed from your words, and some of the responses that I have been getting off the internet, that a lot of people in your movement are unhappy about your association with Suleiman and they feel you have let them down. You responded by saying that Suleiman showed sincere love to you and that out of respect, you needed to give him a hearing. I understand that both of you are talking a lot now and discussing doctrines and all of that. Please permit me to react to this matter first.

I think you are totally belittling the person of Johnson Suleiman. I remember that at the heat of your campaign against tithing, Suleiman made veiled references to you and used some very strong words against you. I hope you know that there was no “love” in his statements then. Today, because you have quite a following and influence, it behooves Suleiman to treat you with respect and thus the so called “love” he is displaying to associate with you. I think, and this can be disputed, that Suleiman is simply living up to his nature: he is a deceiver and he is deceiving you. The Bible tells us of false prophets who come to us as “angels of light”. This is what I believe Suleiman is and I would request that you beware of him. He would not come to you as the monster that he is; he would suck you in with deception and spit you out. The so called love he claims to be relating with you on, to say the least, is deceptive.

Second. The Free the Sheeple Movement have used the wrong parameters to judge Johnson Suleiman. Suleiman and others in the Pentecostal/Prosperity Churches are not deceivers because of scandals like the Stephanie Otobo case or because they buy private jet. They are deceivers because they preach a gospel that is not Christian. It is my hope that you have studied what many have written about the deceptive Prosperity Gospel that is prevalent in Nigerian Churches. If you have not, I have book references I can send to you. You need to know the history of these teachings and how many of the preachers, that teach it in our country, got to the point they did. The gospel of Prosperity is a message of hell and this is what makes them, primarily, deceivers. The way they live, the sins they cover up, their lavish and ostentatious lifestyle, is only an offshoot of the false gospel they believe.

At this point in this letter, I am compelled to ask you Daddy Freeze: what do you believe? If you do not have a well-structured and orthodox belief about Christianity, then the possibility of being blown around by every wind of doctrine abounds. You are essentially what you believe. Therefore, what do you believe? As a movement, do you have a list of doctrines you hold as beliefs? Do you have a creed? I understand the evolving nature of the movement and this is why it is important that the movement, and you as its leading figure, come under proper guiding light. And there is no greater guiding light in Christianity than the Holy Bible. But we also cannot separate what we believe from whom we learn the doctrines of scriptures from; God uses men to guide us into biblical truths. In Acts 18, Apollos came out as an individual able to refute the Jews’ false teaching. But he needed a Priscilla and Aquila to guide him to a more successful ministry. They taught him and he became an effective vessel in Christ’s hand. Every one of us need such guidance.

Freeze, there has been a Reformation in the church before. What do you know about it? What do you know about Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli and John Calvin? What do you know about how the Reformation affected Europe? What do you know about Dutch Reformed Theology? What do you know about men like John Owen, Jonathan Edwards, George Whitefield, John Wesley, C. H. Spurgeon, Martyn Lloyd-Jones? These were men whom God used to reform religion in Europe, England and America. What do you know about their ministries? If God would use you as a reformer today, do you think he would do anything different from what he did through these men in the past? The reason historical theology is important is because whatever we are debating and fighting today in Christianity, has occurred in the 2,000 year history of Christianity. Wise people simply study the past and replicate the lessons learnt. What do you know about reformed churches there in Nigeria, who are working underground to bring people to faith in Christ? I am saying, dear sir that you need to learn. It would help you in your work.

The problem with Christianity in Nigeria is more than what people do. It is essentially what people believe. Nigeria Christianity is a strange mixture of animism and Christianity. Thus, the result is that the churches are filled with false converts. This is how it affects you: In all my listening to you, I have not heard you make a personal statement of how you came to believe in Jesus Christ. Freeze, are you a Christian? Do you understand the core of the gospel? Do you know that more than social welfare, God’s ultimate desire is that all men may come to living faith in Christ? Is this the propelling force in your movement? You cannot give what you do not have. If you are not a Christian, you cannot see a reason to sell Christ to people. You may sell “reformation” and maybe even “aluta”, but only a converted heart knows that the most important information for a world reeling in sin is the gospel. I would like to hear you, one day, state how you came to living faith in Christ and I would want to see you make the gospel the underlying theme in your movement. When this happens, the people who hear you would not only shove off what is wrong; they would receive what is right: which is Christ Jesus himself.

With that, I wish to bring this letter to a close. Please you may reply this letter via my e-mail newdejix@gmail.com. I would be glad to hear from you and I do sincerely hope that by reading this letter you have not been offended but rather challenged to seek a more effective route to freeing God’s people from Nigerian deceptive Pentecostal movement.

Thank you.

Deji Yesufu.

Ibadan.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, so do not waste your candle when the sun is here. Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Thank you VBCampaign for this serious and sincere warning about Suleiman etcetera to Freeze, I know him and Tastebuds habitually read posts here.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by VBCampaign: 2:29pm On May 19, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Wise men speak because they have something to say, so do not waste your candle when the sun is here. Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Thank you VBCampaign for this serious and sincere warning about Suleiman etcetera to Freeze, I know him and Tastebuds habitually read posts here.

Thanks MuttleyLaff. I hope they get to read it too.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 19, 2019
This is a good one.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by OkCornel(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2019
The greedy gods of men are trying to entice Freeze. Let's see how this story turns out eventually.

The good thing to know is that false doctrines which borders mainly on the gospel of mammon is gradually losing its stranglehold on the church of Christ...

These Pastorpreneurs must continually be exposed for their lies and deception...

Cc: Lalasticlala , Seun please do the needful

8 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by OkCornel(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2019
good one... MEANWHILE;

When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN & HOW GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE...

NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES BELOW;

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
Any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by brushesz: 8:25pm On May 19, 2019
A
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by MrSix: 8:26pm On May 19, 2019
Make we hear word

I sell USA used Laptops
Pay on delivery within Lagos
Details in my signature
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by chiedu7: 8:26pm On May 19, 2019
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Kendumazy(m): 8:27pm On May 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by kaen1317: 8:27pm On May 19, 2019
I have not read it but I think daddy freeze is the wrong person to be writing to.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Bitterleafsoup: 8:29pm On May 19, 2019
As long as money is involved Nigerians can be swayed.
Too bad......
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Lighthammer(m): 8:29pm On May 19, 2019
This is one hell of an epistle
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by AllenSpencer: 8:29pm On May 19, 2019
Brilliant piece.

Am just happy people are waking up about the Buisness venters we call religious houses.

It was worst 5 years ago and am happy with the enlightenment as of today. Freeze is flesh. He definitely will fall for the bills at a "Good Price"

Trust no one but your heart and same time be cautious of same heart

The heart of man is naturally wicked!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by kaen1317: 8:29pm On May 19, 2019
U have time
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Uyi168: 8:32pm On May 19, 2019
Summary Abeg..
embarassed
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by seegi(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2019
By the way We have Farmlands for sale in Ilorin at various locations Check my Signature for more details
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Built2last: 8:34pm On May 19, 2019
Nicely crafted
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by ednut1(m): 8:34pm On May 19, 2019
Like every normal man power corrupts. Freeze is now a clown and a dingbat
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by devigblegble: 8:35pm On May 19, 2019
Please who is daddy freeze
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Pablonkor: 8:35pm On May 19, 2019
Just the truth.... Christianity is not Christianity anymore, not only in Nigeria but the whole world

Anticipating Daddy Freeze's reply tho
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by odogwu9(m): 8:36pm On May 19, 2019
VBCampaign:
Dear Daddy Freeze

Thank you.

Deji Yesufu.

Ibadan.

Source: http://mouthpiece.com.ng/dear-daddy-freeze/

The moment he called Apostle Suleiman a deceiver I stopped reading..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Built2last: 8:36pm On May 19, 2019
Uyi168:
Summary Abeg..
embarassed

The guy is asking Freeze to publicly come out with the blue print of his movement.

Is Christ the center of his movement?

Finally he adviced him to tell people if he believes in Jesus Christ as the final authority in Christendom.

Ehe, he also adviced him to go read more historical church reforms.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 19, 2019
Very apt. Nice letter. Sound in knowledge and focus on purpose.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by AngelicBeing: 8:38pm On May 19, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 19, 2019
I think that the OP should not worry much about freeze, but the time he's using to teach and talk to Freeze, he should be talking to those mammonic leaders of the church.

For personally when it comes to handling of such men to the extent of their materialistic and extravagant lifestyles I think Freeze has done a lot to show that he can be trusted.

For obviously he is likely not to get everything right, and I believe that even to the extent of tithing that he's not totally right, but with respect to making the place too hot for the mammonic preachers to feel comfortable as usual, he has gotten it very right.

So op you may have some valid points in your construction, but I feel it's erroneous to make a fuss about his interactions with the Sulei-of-a-man, for I know that's what it is, going by Freeze recent history.

For even Jesus yet interacted with the Pharisees of His day and even went to some og their feasts, regardless that He called them hypocrites, blind guides, thieves etc.

So i think Freeze is right not to make this seem as a personal vendetta against such ones, but that he only wants to correct the gross derailment of the church leaders from the original standard.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by timsbee(f): 8:39pm On May 19, 2019
Let me carry apoti for this one, cos I know dat Freezer oh! Sorry, freeze will backfire. grin
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by Westsida: 8:42pm On May 19, 2019
Ok
Re: An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu by bid4rich(m): 8:47pm On May 19, 2019
Well Mr. Deji, you have a point there but my main questions are

1. What makes you think a man is evil when what he does sets at liberty the people following him?

2. What makes you think Freeze is a Christian?

3. Don't you think what you perceive as false based on your personal opinion might be true to other people based on their personal opinion. That you don't eat dog meat does not make it a poison to others

My advice to you is this Deji - be not quick to judge as God is a righteous judge and He will bring every hidden deeds of men into light.

Whether you are saying the truth or Suleiman and other so called Pentecostal prosperity preacher are saying the truth, what I know for sure is that there is an end of all thing.

Face your own ministry and hold firm what you believe

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? / Atheists Who Believe In Reincarnation , Spirits , Voodoo Share Their Knowledge / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.