Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Just Ranting My Opinion - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Just Ranting My Opinion (435 Views)

Opinion: Is Dan Brown Better Than Sidney Sheldon / The Yorubas Are Naturally Loud! (is This Your Opinion?) / The Lion Is Not Concern With The Opinion Of The Sheep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Ranting My Opinion by Devilpen(m): 5:30pm On May 19, 2019
I have been on Nairaland roughly a year... And am thinking about something.....
Please forgive me if I step on your nerves. Am just giving an opinion.
How about Nairaland literature section has some sort of award or writer ranking, probably every month or at the end of the year.
.like best fiction writer, upcoming fiction writer, romance e. t. c.
.i think this will improve writers ability greatly and increase tough competition among writers and most of all it could act as an inspiration to we writers.. And most importantly it will curb the act of writers starting a story they can't finish.
Please Admins should consider this.
And it might not necessary need cash just a fair award will do...

Thanks

Devilpen
Re: Just Ranting My Opinion by meobizy(f): 6:09pm On May 20, 2019
One thing I've learned about this place is the best ideas come from the community itself and never those in charge.
The idea makes sense but don't look at the admin or moderators to implement it, those ones are only looking for ways to stuff more cash into their pockets.

What you should do is come together as a writers' group and pool money towards the endevour.
Say they are twenty writers here interested, if each of you put down five hundred Naira, that will make ten thousand Naira aimed at the winner.
You people can then do your closed competition amongst yourselves which Nairalanders can participate by viewing and selecting the winning entry only.
Since none of us added to the financial effort we are exempt from submitting stories.

That is only a start.
If the contest proves worthy in the eyes of Nairalanders, probably after a second or third edition, I guarantee someone or a group will pick the idea and continue it.
In this Nigeria too many people have ideas but lack funds or the altruistic spirit to kick them off.
Re: Just Ranting My Opinion by Devilpen(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2019
How I wish someone could just kick start, I am a writer and i am not hundred percent fit for the task... But since no one is volunteering .. I will embark on the journey...
Nairaland is kinda boring with real recognised competition...

I hope nairalanders won't throw stone at me
Re: Just Ranting My Opinion by meobizy(f): 8:39pm On May 20, 2019
Devilpen:
How I wish someone could just kick start, I am a writer and i am not hundred percent fit for the task... But since no one is volunteering .. I will embark on the journey...
Nairaland is kinda boring with real recognised competition...

I hope nairalanders won't throw stone at me
Five hundred Naira is small money.
Aren’t you in a writers’ WhatsApp group?
If yes, you can start from there.
Re: Just Ranting My Opinion by jbblues24(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2019
Such engaging.

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Save Our Home ? By Chioma Ikebuaku / Wattpad Lovers� / Colourless Rainbow - Episode 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.