Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:13 PM

Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office (13660 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet / Sanwo-Olu: I Once Worked As A Plumber 30 Years Ago / Sanwo-Olu: I Never Promised To Fix Apapa Gridlock In 60 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by cloudgroup(m): 12:58pm On May 20, 2019
na them.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by mclorenzo(m): 1:08pm On May 20, 2019
Una don start again abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by okoyeizu: 1:38pm On May 20, 2019
Easier said than done
yns4real:
The Lagos State governor-elect, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said he will end the protracted gridlock in Apapa area of the state within the first 60 days of his administration.

Sanwo-Olu said this on Saturday during an interactive session with his classmates at the Executive Master of Business Administration class, University of Lagos, 1998/2000 set.

The erstwhile classmates held a Congratulatory Dinner Reception, in Sanwo-Olu’s honour at Wheatbaker Hotel in Ikoyi.

At the dinner, they presented to him a policy document designed by them, which contained their ideas and suggestions on some of what Sanwo-Olu could do in office to have a successful tenure.

They also asked him specific questions and his plans about them.

One of the questions was what he would do about the trailers causing the gridlock in Apapa.

Taking on the issue, Sanwo-Olu promised that within the first 60 days in office, he would rid Apapa of the trailers.

He said, “The Apapa trailer issue; it’s a campaign issue; it’s very serious; I’m going to take it very seriously.

“I believe that it is something that we are going to solve in the first 60 days of our government. Whatever is going to be required of us, we will take them out.

“There is a lot of politics being played around there. But no, it cannot be the way we’ll continue to live. We cannot continue to give excuses.”

The governor-elect, however, said as a long-term solution, his administration would develop the Badagry Port, to diffuse the pressure on the Apapa Port.

https://punchng.com/ill-end-apapa-gridlock-within-my-first-60-days-in-office-sanwo-olu/

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by Bimpe29: 2:47pm On May 20, 2019
Mr Sanwo-Olu, we shall take you for your words.

May God help you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:00pm On May 20, 2019
Oga Sanwo- Olu.. There are some things that just sound impossible and impossicant.. if English may permit me.....And this is just one of them..

Solution!!. Other Ports in Nigeria should start working.. If this does not happen... I am sorry.. it is just a wish that can not come to pass.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 20, 2019
Which one be Badagry port again? What of the one under construction at Lekki?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by rhektor(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2019
kings09:
Story for d gods.

Fashola make mouth pass dis one only to realize electricity for Naija na rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by Mitsurugi(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2019
izzou:

SMH

Oga don't just shake your head. This issue affects all of us. Is there more to it you know that we don't know? He raised a salient issue. Those trucks "disappeared" when PMB came visiting only to reappear after he left. Can you proffer a solution? Or is Apapa going to remain on a permanent lockdown?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by ally2014: 5:19pm On May 20, 2019
what about fixing d road...we wait n see
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by izzou(m): 7:36pm On May 20, 2019
Mitsurugi:

Oga don't just shake your head. This issue affects all of us. Is there more to it you know that we don't know? He raised a salient issue. Those trucks "disappeared" when PMB came visiting only to reappear after he left. Can you proffer a solution? Or is Apapa going to remain on a permanent lockdown?

The Apapa gridlock will remain as long as there's no other port working efficiently apart from Lagos

It will also remain as long as we have corrupt leaders, military men and other still occupying positions in service

The problem is almost out of hand. You should know how serious it is when a Vice president visited, and the trucks where still there.

Countries smaller than Nigeria in size and population have more than one functioning port.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2019
Promise and fail, go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Will End Apapa Gridlock Within My First 60 Days In Office by jbblues24(m): 8:20am On May 24, 2019
Just fabulous :-)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG’s School Feeding: Crisis Cripples Scheme, Benefiting States Lament / Reps To Pass Electoral Bill Today, Panel Pegs Presidential Poll Expenses At N5bn / What Each Item On The Lagos State Logo Represents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.