Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google (32944 Views)

Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban / Huawei Has Completed The World's First 5G Live Broadcast In The UK / Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by pwetie: 11:33am On May 20, 2019
martineverest:
Huawei,ZTE,Lenovo etc ... even HMD( the maker of Nokia android phones) have openly admitted it.do u know how many times Samsung sue Huawei of stealing their IPs?.. recently apple accused them of stealing their IP.

have u asked Urself why most Chinese phones look like iPhone X?..that's the biggest proof

Get ur facts right. iPhone X design was copied from Xiaomi, a Chinese company. I could also mention countless designs Apple nd Samsung have copied of recent from this Chinese company.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 11:33am On May 20, 2019
mixta140:

Exactly

Both of you lack sense.

Samsung is not China and they will be happy for this because Huawei wants to compete with them
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Ugosample(m): 11:33am On May 20, 2019
pansophist:

It's a matter of time, and the Chinese will catch up. For every 1 STEM graduate in the USA, China has 10 of them. You cant underestimate that amount of workforce, also, Chinese historically have proven to be resilient, hardworking and overcome numerous challenges they face. If not, America wont be doing all these to cripple their progress.

we are moving to a world where there will be no more dominant powers

The U.S. is declining that is for sure..

but China cannot achieve that us dominance of the 1950s to 1960s

the world has gone past that

we have powers jostling

No more Power

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by martineverest(m): 11:33am On May 20, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Stop deceiving your self, Huawei did triple camera setup, reverse wireless charging, first 5G phone before Samsung and soon Apple adopted this trends, who is stealing from who then.
u clearly don't know what Intellectual property theft is
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by martineverest(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2019
BabaOwen:
can you list out the names of some of this companies you're talking about?
apple ,foxconn etc
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by emmylad4(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2019
lloyds:
Huawei, One plus, Xaomi, Oppo etc. . Chinese phones companies are coming with a surge. . I see them taking over global markets fully in next 2 years. .
Same efficiency and cheaper price.

The is nothing the US can do to stop this.
So you think other Chinese smartphone companies will join hand??
When we all know their business just started booming, besides I guess the ban will be temporary and other issues will be fixed with delegates from both companies.. Huawei building an OS will take time, probably most of us would have lost interest in them when their OS matches that of Android..even their EMUI still have some flaws compared to other UI

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by martineverest(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2019
pwetie:

Get ur facts right. iPhone X design was copied from Xiaomi, a Chinese company. I could also mention countless designs Apple nd Samsung have copied of recent from this Chinese company.
smh..

Xiaomi is widely know for its apple rip-off....most of their products are apple rip-off ..even the mibook and mipad are MacBook and iPad copycat

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by emmylad4(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2019
[quote author=martineverest post=78552636]u clearly don't know what Intellectual property theft is
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 11:38am On May 20, 2019
Billy0naire:
Whoever controls 5G, is the next world power. America knows this, the Chinese and the Russians also know this.

Chinese is ahead of America in technological advancement when it comes to AI/Singularity. And the only thing America is doing now is stalling the deployment of 5G technologies by China while hoping their scientists will catch up.

The last attempt is denying Huawei access to Google services, but what they do not know is that Huawei has 2 other OS they have perfected and have been test-running for over 6 months now.

Not even America can stop what is coming.

Their OS will be regional
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 11:40am On May 20, 2019
godwinony:

What has CR7 fandom ( which I am far from) got to do with this?
And since when is "almost certainly" certain?
Hahahahaha
It appeared you neglected the second Circled One....why..??
Or did you see only ONE CIRCLED item.??
Hahahahaha
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Billy0naire(m): 11:43am On May 20, 2019
Isinweke:

Their OS will be regional

Just as their technologies, right ? grin

In the Age of Information and Technology, there is nothing Regional in the world when it comes to techies.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by emmylad4(m): 11:43am On May 20, 2019
pwetie:

seriously??
I knew Huawei copied the punch hole camera system, they released the foldable phones days after Samsung released theirs, the started using curved display something we have seen since Samsung Galaxy s6 time, you want me to continue.

Huawei violated many US sanctions, hence they were penalized, not supporting Google's move though.
Huawei is one the companies that steals tech
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 11:45am On May 20, 2019
dunsin125:
I don't think they can, the middle east self no gree with US like that
Hahahahaha
Hahahahaha
To the WESTERN WORLD especially the U.S., they see the MIDDLE EAST as where WEAPONS can be tested.

Most REDUNDANT WEAPONS stockpiled in the U.S. coven were brought out and tested in AFGANISTAN, since then LIFE has remained a shadow of itself in that country.
U.S. still supplies them AIDS/SUPPORT.

Ask JAPAN ooooo
Stop acting up
The BEST BRAINS in the WORLD are resident in the U.S.
they do it by granting PERMANENT RESIDENCE and better welfare packages to smart and bright minds.
The Best INDIAN DOCTORS dey U.S. oooo and not the ones in INDIA...

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by emmylad4(m): 11:45am On May 20, 2019
pwetie:

We are listening
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by octavian(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2019
EVILFOREST:

U are JOKING
U think the U.S. is AFRICA.
They are long term planners
They already know what to envisage.
And they are already prepared for such...

FRANCE receives the highest number of TOURISTS in the world annually but the U.S. receives the highest number of IMMIGRANTS both Legal and Illegal ( people who have refused to go back to their countries )
The welfare in the U.S is second to none

The U.S. Is the CAPITAL of the WHOLE WORLD..
Every TRIBE resides there permanently. Fighting them means you are fighting the WORLD.
The country was well planned and structured.

U.S. alone funds 25% of every UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING

My brother the thing tire me ooo, what people fail to realize is this:
1. Most companies pull off production from China due to the restrictions ( Apple & others included)
2. China might be technologically advanced than the US but marketing is the strategy
3. Once US cut ties with China, the major players/ big markets in Asia, Middle East are all US allies and won't risk trading with China
4. If in doubt, ask Maduro in Venezuela how he is feeling today

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 11:51am On May 20, 2019
octavian:

My brother the thing tire me ooo, what people fail to realize is this:
1. Most companies pull off production from China due to the restrictions ( Apple & others included)
2. China might be technologically advanced than the US but marketing is the strategy
3. Once US cut ties with China, the major players/ big markets in Asia, Middle East are all US allies and won't risk trading with China
4. If in doubt, ask Maduro in Venezuela how he is feeling today
China is not more technologically advanced than the U.S.
What CHINA does is COPY and PASTE.
They have CHEAP LABOR.
CHINA is known for MASS PRODUCTION that’s all.
If such PHONES were manufactured in the US, people will not be able to BUY them because they will be damn expensive.

They are good at that.
They rushed to reveal to the WORLD that they made HOLOGRAM PHONES, when U.S had already started using such in MOVIES as far back as 1990s

DRONE is another example.....
IRAN had to shoot down one just to understudy it for large scale manufacturing.....
I bet u, if you can imagine the type of DRONES US will have in stock...

I FEAR RUSSIA more than CHINA.... grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by emmylad4(m): 11:51am On May 20, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Stealing what
Stealing from who
Lol, Huawei has the highest number of 5G patents...
They have been developing hardware and software features that even Samsung and now Apple is adopting in their own devices...
Dont let US propaganda deceive you..
Huawei is now a powerhouse in Innovation!!
Huawei is originally a network provider company before venturing into smartphone business, so what do you expect??

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by MrBONE2(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2019
Debramaye:
This man may not hate Muslims, but his hate for major Asian countries knows no bounds grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by mixta140: 12:13pm On May 20, 2019
Isinweke:

Both of you lack sense.

Samsung is not China and they will be happy for this because Huawei wants to compete with them
You wey get which one you do, arindin
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by mixta140: 12:16pm On May 20, 2019
emmylad4:

So you think other Chinese smartphone companies will join hand??
When we all know their business just started booming, besides I guess the ban will be temporary and other issues will be fixed with delegates from both companies.. Huawei building an OS will take time, probably most of us would have lost interest in them when their OS matches that of Android..even their EMUI still have some flaws compared to other UI
My brother no forget symbian, blackberry ooo, anything can happen ooo, Egypt , Britain, Rome ,Greece where there ones, you can't just rule forever.
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:29pm On May 20, 2019
Zhirinovsky:
When you try Sony. You will never mention Samsung again.
Lol, Sony cant compete with Sammy in either hardware or software...
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by blank(f): 12:33pm On May 20, 2019
I love the P30. It's camera is way better than Samsung. Sadly, I'll have to pass. China that arrested citizens and condemned them to death so that America will not extradite the Huawei executive. Who does that?

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by frankfab(m): 12:33pm On May 20, 2019
davibid:
FTC

I’ve never been a fan of other android phones except for Samsung

Samsung remains best android product any day any time for me

Pls help me suggest good Samsung Android with about 5,000 mAh battery, 2 gb Ram and good camera. Thanks
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Slimpotter(m): 12:35pm On May 20, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
USA is on a self destruct mission!!

They blame Huawei as being government controlled, yet the US government is controlling google in making its decisions.. Shame on you Trump
US is the most hypocritical country ever known. They try to limit other countries growth and invade other countries under the guise of human rights.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by McCarthy100: 12:36pm On May 20, 2019
EVILFOREST:

My BROTHER who be IRAN naaaa...??
Na waaa oooooo
U.S. never ready to invade there.
Them no want COLLATERAL DAMAGE...and what the U.N would say....

IRAN that only the MILITARY BASE in Los ANGELES go swallow...or the Military Base in MEXICO go handle...
It’s lik
e comparing RASHFORD To MESSI
Remember vietnam war do u think us will spend billions fighting an onprofitable war?

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2019
RTSC:

They stole from US companies.

There are a number of Chinese citizens in American jail who were arrested for intellectual property theft.
The FBI even arrested one recently who was already on the plane to China after stealing sensitive sensor technology from the United States.

You can't blame America. The Chinese government built their technology by leeching from the west.
I envy them and I wish Nigeria can replicate that by stealing from the Chinese.

But when we do, some people will claim the design is not original.
Lol, what did they steal Huawei is far ahead in 5G patents and IP...
Even Their closest rivals Sony Ericsson and Nokia is no way close...
The US is lagging way behind in 5G tech and that's the reason they are after Huawei...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 20, 2019
mixta140:

You wey get which one you do, arindin

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Topmaike007(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2019
ifyboy60:

When they were busy hacking US companies and spying on citizens they didn't know Trump is different from Obama.

People are blaming the US, without knowing the root cause. China should stop stealing and develop it's own. Simple.
oga you dey there, when did you see them hacking it, even US government don't have proof,if we blame Chinese government why is the US government also using Facebook to gather information?

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Hienna(m): 12:42pm On May 20, 2019
If its China alone Coming for US it might have been A bit Easy for US..
Bt China +Russia+ Canada+Korea+......... uncountable...
Giants surely fall someday though nt easy...
China is in charge of ur tech since 1800.. Na now US wan dey start build their...
He easy??
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by YungLasaint(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2019
Isinweke:
Google severs Huawei access to Android software
The move means new Huawei smartphones won't be able to access many popular apps. The embattled Chinese company is under immense US pressure over its alleged government ties.

US tech giant Google said on Sunday it was pulling Huawei's license to use its mobile phone operating system Android, forcing the Chinese company to rely on an open source version of the software.

New Huawei smartphones will no longer have access to services such as Gmail, maps and YouTube as well as security updates.

However, people already owning Huawei phones will be able to use and update apps already downloaded.

Last week, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order to stop US companies from using telecommunications equipment made by "foreign adversaries" deemed to pose a national security risk. Trump blacklisted Huawei, denying it access to domestic markets and restricting US sales to the company.

"We are complying with the order and reviewing the implications," a Google spokesperson said.

Huawei has come under immense US pressure following allegations it allows Chinese intelligence agencies to use alleged backdoors in the software. The allegations prompted the Chinese Foreign Ministry to denounce Western "hysteria" .

Huawei founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei has refused to bow to US pressure. Last week, Ren said his company had "already been preparing for this."

"We have not done anything which violates the law," Ren told Japanese business daily The Nikkei. "It is expected that Huawei's growth may slow, but only slightly."

Huawei is said to be a pioneer of 5G technology but relies heavily on foreign suppliers. The company buys about $67 billion (€60 billion) worth of components each year, including about $11 billion from US suppliers, according to The Nikkei.

Adverse impact

US media reports suggest Huawei had developed its own operating system in the event it lost access to Google and Microsoft services. Some of this technology is already being used in products sold in China, Huawei has said.

https://www.dw.com/en/google-severs-huawei-access-to-android-software/a-48799348?fbclid=IwAR3lVKfF3sxY_2PlApJbBkKnTic99QoO3DUUxNeU9tdAQwSJPEyoZpaB8cs
In every problem there is a solution.
Huawei please just make use of this opportunity well cause google want you to stand on yourself..... Your OS might be better that thiers.
I believe china to do the magic and see google losing $11 b each year......
What a break through to huawei, after all the so call Iphone no reach huawei in terms of battery etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by FhukaFhuka: 12:48pm On May 20, 2019
davibid:
FTC

I’ve never been a fan of other android phones except for Samsung

Samsung remains best android product any day any time for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out / Is This the King of Budget Phones? / Airtel Tariff Plans: A Guide To Choosing The Best Plan That Suits You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.