Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google (32921 Views)

Huawei Has Reduced Phone Production Deals After Google Ban / Huawei Has Completed The World's First 5G Live Broadcast In The UK / Huawei Has Confirmed It Is Developing It’s Own Kirin OS To Replace Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by pacespot(m): 1:08pm On May 20, 2019
This trade war started by US against China can lead to third world war, the signs are not looking good at all. China is not going to back down to US pressure and the colonialists are too used to imperialist power, since the second world war, US had created the global order, now the order is being shaken by China rise. It is either a new order is created or the USA submit to a world order led by China after the third world war. The third world war might not necessarily be fought by foot soldiers and atomic bombs, it might be a war through cyber, tech and economy.

5 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by GeorgeAmax(m): 1:16pm On May 20, 2019
US has killed my dream phone
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by ken6488(m): 1:21pm On May 20, 2019
My dream phone cry
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Ifebazz(m): 1:24pm On May 20, 2019
davibid:
FTC

I’ve never been a fan of other android phones except for Samsung

Samsung remains best android product any day any time for me

You better repent of your myopia (no insults intended please) Apart from the Chinko phones, many products are much better than Samsung and iPhones. Huawei seems to lead that park hence they want to cripple any non-American products just as they did BlackBerry.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 1:41pm On May 20, 2019
emmylad4:

seriously??
I knew Huawei copied the punch hole camera system, they released the foldable phones days after Samsung released theirs, the started using curved display something we have seen since Samsung Galaxy s6 time, you want me to continue.

Huawei violated many US sanctions, hence they were penalized, not supporting Google's move though.
Huawei is one the companies that steals tech
Huawei started reverse wireless charging, Samsung copied and branded it as "Wireless power share", they did triple camera setup... Samsung put it in galaxy S10
They have now released the first 5G phone before galaxy s10 5G
Deal with that!!

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by lloyds(m): 2:19pm On May 20, 2019
octavian:

My brother the thing tire me ooo, what people fail to realize is this:
1. Most companies pull off production from China due to the restrictions ( Apple & others included)
2. China might be technologically advanced than the US but marketing is the strategy
3. Once US cut ties with China, the major players/ big markets in Asia, Middle East are all US allies and won't risk trading with China
4. If in doubt, ask Maduro in Venezuela how he is feeling today

Lol! Only one thing I want to correct: China is not technologically advanced than the USA.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Lordave: 3:03pm On May 20, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
USA is on a self destruct mission!!

They blame Huawei as being government controlled, yet the US government is controlling google in making its decisions.. Shame on you Trump
And that Google is banned in China.
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by dunsin125: 3:04pm On May 20, 2019
Hienna:
If its China alone Coming for US it might have been A bit Easy for US..
Bt China +Russia+ Canada+Korea+......... uncountable...
Giants surely fall someday though nt easy...
China is in charge of ur tech since 1800.. Na now US wan dey start build their...
He easy??
I tell you, US is just roaming about... It was NK and Iran before now China, who knows what country is next... US isn't loved by most countries but they relate well because of their economy but this China saga sha might change everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by salford1: 3:15pm On May 20, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Huawei started reverse wireless charging, Samsung copied and branded it as "Wireless power share", they did triple camera setup... Samsung put it in galaxy S10
They have now released the first 5G phone before galaxy s10 5G
Deal with that!!
Samsung copies everyone. grin
Oled on phones, triple camera, QHD and wide angle lens were LG's innovation though.
Samsung would copy LG's audio dac in 2022.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by salford1: 3:19pm On May 20, 2019
Osefonria:
This is a hug blow on the second largest phone maker in the world. They're gonna lose Africa market.
The African market is not significant in the scheme of things globally. Not just for phones but for other goods.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by salford1: 3:23pm On May 20, 2019
Okoyeebows:
I guess it's time for the Chinese to build OS to rival android.
Exactly, just as android pushed Nokia's symbian out of the market.
david22uu:
i see this as the beginning of fall of Google... They should learn from Blackberry and know that when u give out a big chunk of the market. u loose too much.

If Samsung and Huawei merge and pull a stunt... Google will become useless
South Korean or taiwanes companies will NEVER merge with Chinese companies.

martineverest:
u are wrong....Huawei and chines companies steal intellectual properties of American and other countries companies in collaboration with Chinese government.they also steal information of their hardware users and report it to Chinese government.
All those chinese company oppo, vivo, one plus, xiami, huawei etc are all birds of a feather. The chinese government has massive control over them.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by pchukwudi: 3:26pm On May 20, 2019
Did you actually read the story?

Ever bothered to evaluate the background and context of the story?

Why make conclusive statements on stuff you obviously do not understand?

So the US government should keep quite and do nothing while a hostile and undemocratic foreign adversary continue to ILLEGALLY invade the privacy of the US public, surveil on their intelligence community and illegally funnel the data and Intel to the Chinese government?

Do you think the US is Nigeria where the government is defended and celebrated for being irresponsible?

Princedapace:
This will affect both parties. US makes a lot of money from the company. Politics gone wrong. Politics always will affect business and that is why we all need to be interested in the politics of our country.

Nairalanders, a very good friend of mine is doing her PhD and she needs our help. She needs us to help answer her survey questions which is part of her course requirements. It is an online survey from university of Florida and it won't take more than five minutes of your time.
Pls, let help a sister to meet part of her course requirements. If you are led and you care to help, simply visit the survey form here:

Hello dear. I am conducting a study to test the role of chemists or road side drug sellers in determining drug competency in Nigeria. Please follow this link and help me take a quick survey https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0jNcmnnAygN1BYx

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by salford1: 3:31pm On May 20, 2019
lilbest4:
remove those five companies from android you'd be left with Samsung infinix, tecno grin and Nokia. LG and HTC are dead
LG's income from mobile phone sales would still beat the combined sales income from infinix, tecno plus nokia grin
The company is a giant and i don't see them dieing off like HTC. Americans do not fancy LG, but the company still sell lots of phones in Asia and Europe.
LG's sale from mobile (January 2019 to April 2019) was at $1.3 billion dollars.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Princedapace(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2019
pchukwudi:

So the US government should keep quite and do nothing while a hostile and undemocratic foreign adversary continue to ILLEGALLY invade the privacy of the US public, surveil on their intelligence community and illegally funnel the data and Intel to the Chinese government?

Do you think the US is Nigeria where the government is defended and celebrated for being irresponsible?

I'm not against what the usa did. I am moore concerned why such brand allowed politics to mess her business up in such a market like USA.
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Cadec007(m): 3:58pm On May 20, 2019
ponziponzi:
The US is just trying to kill this company out of jealousy.
You can see why Africa will never develop, they can give you all the aid you need but the west never want you to succeed.
i keep telling my friends this but they doubt...... Since the days Nigeria reduced ties with Russia we have been going backwards...... When Russia was our biggest ally, mehn naija was cool.... Now look at.. The west would help corrupt politicians steal money and then say Africa is corrupt.....

USA is a bitch!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Cadec007(m): 4:01pm On May 20, 2019
pchukwudi:

bro... What US did is a cheap shot...... Facebook steals data, Google does too but have they ever been giben severe punishment like Banning in let's say..... Europe?? Highest they have gotten is a fine, a fine rmthey can pay in 2 mins..

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 20, 2019
lilbest4:
that's what I'm talking about. Xiaomi, Oppo, Lenovo, Vivo team up to make their own OS. Google will come back begging
You guys don't get do you..... China can not compete with USA or android is.....they only make phone but don't make camera, chipset, processor etc they buy those softwares. They can't make better processor than Qualcomm even if they manage to make their is they can't be better than USA Qualcomm or android is

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 20, 2019
godwinony:

Which issues? The Chinese man using Android reads text in Chinese. Simply downloading a language pack solves this.
He will code in Chinese abi don't you know America owns,manage, maintains and regulates programming languages

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by godwinony(m): 4:19pm On May 20, 2019
messymelly:

He will code in Chinese abi don't you know America owns,manage, maintains and regulates programming languages
Really man..really.. don't tell me the US do not own the air they breath too or the water that flows from their taps
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 20, 2019
godwinony:

Really man..really.. don't tell me the US do not own the air they breath too or the water that flows from their taps
China can't compete bro
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by dallyemmy: 5:00pm On May 20, 2019
nawa ooo
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by antisocial: 5:53pm On May 20, 2019
Eze2000:

Abi

After many years of using china phones I upgreaded to Samsung lately and to say I am shocked at the difference is an understatement.

The price may be high like with iPhones, but hey! No regrets just satifaction.

I will never touch china phone again in my life!
No much difference brother
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by antisocial: 5:53pm On May 20, 2019
Eze2000:

Abi

After many years of using china phones I upgreaded to Samsung lately and to say I am shocked at the difference is an understatement.

The price may be high like with iPhones, but hey! No regrets just satifaction.

I will never touch china phone again in my life!
No much difference brother. Samsung lacks battery power
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by RTSC: 6:31pm On May 20, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Lol, what did they steal Huawei is far ahead in 5G patents and IP...
Even Their closest rivals Sony Ericsson and Nokia is no way close...
The US is lagging way behind in 5G tech and that's the reason they are after Huawei...
Chinese tech companies have been stealing from America.
It is no longer disputed.

Huawei may have discovered 5G technology first, but it dosent mean they didn't steal from the west to accelerate their vision.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by afroniger: 8:39pm On May 20, 2019
grandstar:

A boon in China will adversely affect Google for sure. And about global appeal, you maybe right.

He may be right but then we must consider that Chinese/Asians are the largest phone (hardware) makers in the world. If they can harness that leverage by making it easy for these phones to migrate to a solid os, google/android go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by grandstar(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2019
afroniger:

He may be right but then we must consider that Chinese/Asians are the largest phone (hardware makers) in the world. If they can harness that leverage by making it easy for these phones to migrate to a solid is, google/android go hear am.

The Asians aren't United on this. The problem is strictly Chinese and the way they conduct business. Other Asian countries too have been at the receiving end of Chinas mercantilist trade behavior.

Look at Taiwan for instance. China is determined to make in China many of the products it imports from Taiwan. This is badly affecting Taiwan''s economy.

If China plays by the rules, there'll be no problem but it does the reverse and hence the angst.

Look at Aluminium. China should be a massive importer of aluminium as it does not have an abundance of very cheap power. This will help it reduce it's enormous trade surplus.

Instead, it is a massive exporter of aluminium , even engaged in dumping of the stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Sprumbaba: 5:39am On May 21, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
USA is on a self destruct mission!!

They blame Huawei as being government controlled, yet the US government is controlling google in making its decisions.. Shame on you Trump

E pain am. UWE user grin grin
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Sprumbaba: 5:42am On May 21, 2019
QDubz:
Whether the USA likes it or not, the Chinese are beating them in the technological field.
It only a matter of time before they come up with their own OS, app store (think they already got alternatives) etc
I don't see the US benefiting in the long term..

I can see you using Weibo and Baidu
Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Sprumbaba: 5:43am On May 21, 2019
david22uu:
i see this as the beginning of fall of Google... They should learn from Blackberry and know that when u give out a big chunk of the market. u loose too much.

If Samsung and Huawei merge and pull a stunt... Google will become useless..

Lol. Google is not falling. You will use Google tomorrow. Can you use Chinese Baidu? Ode

1 Like

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by david22uu(m): 6:38am On May 21, 2019
Sprumbaba:

Lol. Google is not falling. You will use Google tomorrow. Can you use Chinese Baidu? Ode

Illiteracy is v bad o... before google yahoo was before yahoo came to the limelite 123 was, before android blackberry was, before blackberry symbian was etc...

So i dont know who d ode is between u nd i... definitely should be u cos u are a senseless entity ... people like u should be used for gentic praticals to know the missing gene of sense which u lack...

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Has Lost Access To Android And Google by Sprumbaba: 7:02am On May 21, 2019
david22uu:

Illiteracy is v bad o... before google yahoo was before yahoo came to the limelite 123 was, before android blackberry was, before blackberry symbian was etc...

So i dont know who d ode is between u nd i... definitely should be u cos u are a senseless entity ... people like u should be used for gentic praticals to know the missing gene of sense which u lack...

You are the illiterate. All the technologies you mentioned are from the US.

Go and study the world around and get better education.

Do you think Google is only search engine? Cloud services, AI, hardware like phones and many more.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out / Samsung Galaxy S5 - Specs, Rumors, And Release Date / Is This the King of Budget Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.