Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

How Can You Tell A Good Man? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can You Tell A Good Man? (1229 Views)

Ten Words That Define A "Good Man". ONLY Ten WORDS! / He's A Good Man, But Should She Marry Him? Please Advise / Need A Good Man For My Sister(ready For Marriage ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Tell A Good Man? by Lacrissa: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2010
Most people would say prayers and you would find the right one but we have seen that also sometimes even pastors divorce or beat their wives or commit some other atrocities, so before marriage or even long term relationship, how can you really tell a good man from those that deceive?
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by CaptCavey(m): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2010
By following realities,and not fantasies. You should also know that good men aint saint either.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by Ladyjide(f): 12:19am On Sep 25, 2010
Hard question !!! I would like to see some peoples responses
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 26, 2010
ha! This is a hard question, and I'm not sure I myself knows the answer to this. Men are the most manipulative creatures since the start of time. Telling the good from bad ain't easy. And sometimes the good men just turn out to be what they are not in the long run.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by geogentle: 11:50am On Sep 26, 2010
Good is relative but generally speaking, there is no such thing as good man. He doesn't exist,
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by luap: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2010
The reality of your questions is that it is biased with the implication that men are dishonest.

To refute your question would only imply that your argument is true.  Your post is a loaded question.  So it is a trap.

Sadly if you really think this way, any man you find will have the  problem of your pre assumed view of him.  You will always be in a position judgment.

You should avoid all men until you fix this problem, because any man you connect with will be drama.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by kokoye(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
- with some stroke of luck.

You must also be good, have positive expectations and without a low self-esteem.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by tpiah: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2010
check his comments.

does he spend a disproportionate amount of time running down women from his country or ethnic group.

that's one of the most obvious signs he's not a good man.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by kokoye(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^^

most of the ladies on Nairaland run down Naija men on this forum but that does not necessarily mean they are not good.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by tpiah: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
kokoye:

^^^

most of the ladies on Nairaland run down Naija men on this forum but that does not necessarily mean they are not good.
'
can you count the number of ladies who run down naija men so we can figure out the percentage.

and are you referring to threads opened in response to the ones started to denigrate naija women (which not surprisingly you fail to notice or mention).
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by OAM4J: 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
There is no easier way to tell if a man is good than to study him and find out what a lot of people who know him have to say about him.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by kokoye(m): 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2010
tpiah:

'
can you count the number of ladies who run down naija men so we can figure out the percentage.

and are you referring to threads opened in response to the ones started to denigrate naija women (which not surprisingly you fail to notice or mention).

Sorry but I am not going into that with you.

My point is that you cannot say someone is not good based solely on what they say about a tribe. It could be as a result of bad experiences.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by tpiah: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^anyone who specializes in running down females from his ethnic group or country in a bid to curry favour with other females, is not a good man.

end of.

by their words you shall know them.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by GboyegaD(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2010
IMO, I think it is about his values and the value he places on things and others around him.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by minute(f): 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2010
Good men are currently hiding from predatory governments.I suggest you study history.

"Cowards make the best citizens"-Caesar to the Council.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by invisible2(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2010
Good men are blunt and direct to the points, they dont mince words and state their likes and dislikes ahead. Some good men are shy and very gentle, not an aggresive, opportunistic lazy types that produce excuses about everything.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by sms4health: 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
You will always know a good man (or woman).

It's misplaced priorities or greed that leaves you searching for another
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by Taymi: 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
One thing i love so much is their sensitivity,they can discern when things are wrong or right. In other words,you can tell if a man is good or not,just that as a women,we get so passionate that we are slow to action, we see a man that is not too good for us and we find it difficult to leave.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by Taymi: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2010
There was a typographical error, i was talking about a woman's sensitivity. Besides i dont knw how to edit my post. Someone pls help with that. I'm using a phone to browsd
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by gorociano: 12:20am On Oct 05, 2010
There are two types of males: dishonourable males and honourable males. Don't date or marry until you know how to tell the difference between the two. The woman in the mirror will graciously thank you.
Honourable men are protectors. They will guard your heart, protect your honour and stand as champions for your spiritual, mental and physical well-being. Choose an honourable man and choose life!
You are not a car. If you meet a man who wants to test drive your body, emotions and feelings, direct him to a car dealer, bid him farewell and don't look back!
Good men need to be treated like good men; dishonourable males need to be let go and left alone!
Dishonourable males treat sex as a sport, females as trophies and children they sire as wastepapers. Never allow yourself to become their next score, mantle piece or sperm repository.
Women who hold grudges, seek vengeance, cling to bitterness and are unwilling to forgive unwittingly breaks their own heart!
Choose the wrong mate and you might as well have lay next to a boa constrictor or grabbed the ears of a raging mad pit bull. A smart woman learns how to choose her mates wisely!
Mama's boys belong with only one type of woman: their moms! Ladies, these mothers and their sons will never but their grotesque umbilical cord. Therefore, for your sake, leave them alone and let them trot home to their mummies.
Self-love; if you don't have it, pull yourself off the market. Make no mistake about it, if you don't love yourself, no man can ever love you, no matter how great a man he is.
Don't judge all men by one man's actions, unless you want all men to judge you based on the acts of immoral women.
Most women learn how to choose a mate the hard way; they go through a gut wrenching string of emotionally detached males, jerks, pimps, thugs and players. Don't become one of those heart-broken and bitter women. Learn how to properly choose a mate before it's too late! The woman in the mirror will graciously thank you.
You are not a man! Therefore, you will never be a role model for men, a father figure, a man's mentor or a man's coach. If a man has lacked proper male leadership in his life, kindly end him on his way. Know for sure that he is not prepared for the responsibilities that come with love, sex, relationship and marriage.
If you don't know what a misogynistic man is, take this time to check your dictionary. For your sake, Sanity and safety, avoid these treacherous males at all costs.
Dont ever delude yourself! Your beauty, fine body, sexual prowess, cooking skills, feminity and vibrant personality will never be enough to change a man, never!
A fundamental understanding and respect of the male ego is a must for all women who want a vibrant and healthy love. Do not obtain this crucial information from dishonourable males or bitter, angry women.
Spoiled women are like spoiled milk, spoiled meat, spoiledfruit, spoiled bread or spoiled brats. Get the picture? Don't be a spoiled woman!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by tpiah: 1:23am On Oct 05, 2010
check the signs.

dont ignore them then come back exclaiming later on about how you knew the man for so and so years and never had a clue about his true nature.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by invisible2(m): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2010
@gorociano, na wao, any woman who follows your advice will have to be very circumspect. Such women have a very looooong shelf life. Sometimes just ignore a few negatives to focus on the more positives to stay sane.
Re: How Can You Tell A Good Man? by Shinatu: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^^^^^^^

So it is the fear 'shelf life' that makes women become mumu?
If not for that, many men will remain wifeless. grin

(1) (Reply)

Forgive My Husband For Killing My Son, Woman Tells Court / Divorced, What Could I Have Done Different. / My Aunty's Husband Wants To Marry Me, Should I Tell My Aunt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.