Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,201 members, 7,780,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:54 PM

Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone (1814 Views)

Who Are The Ukwuani People Of Anioma? / Niger Delta Youths In Ukwuani Shut Down Oil Facilities At Night (Video) / Kwankwaso Visited By Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner at his Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Anambralstson: 1:43pm On May 20, 2019
Are the Ukwuani's Benin or Igbo? A study of Origin and migration by Paul O. Opone, department of history and international studies, Delta state University.
https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ujah/article/view/166014

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 20, 2019
cool
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Anambralstson: 1:46pm On May 20, 2019
More.

1 Share

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Anambralstson: 1:49pm On May 20, 2019
M
Lalasticlala

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 20, 2019
I have read this research before.

This is a single research.

I need more 3 or 5 that correlates with this one then we can authoritatively draw a conclusion.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by gidgiddy: 2:12pm On May 20, 2019
Conclusion
The dominant narrative that the Ukwuani people are Benin immigrants is not supported by evidence. The people speak Igbo language, bear Igbo names and share similar religio-cultural traits with the Igbos of South East Nigeria, which are obvious indications that they are Igbo settlers

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 20, 2019
cheesy Benin is just too powerful sha. Almost every minority tribes in the south claim origin to us.

I wished we forced our heavenly language to our slaves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by BuhariAdvocate: 2:38pm On May 20, 2019
Igbo and white historians have something in common. The way this people masturbating about the people history is alarming. Igbo historian lack templates and resources to make research about a particular issues. Igbo historian only concentrates on secondary source and neglecting primary source. Igbo historian dont bother about oral interview. For example an hausa man can't write about my grandfather without consult me if the bastard do I can sue him Because that is distortion of history.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Anambralstson: 2:43pm On May 20, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Igbo and white historians have something in common. The way this people masturbating about the people history is alarming. Igbo historian lack templates and resources to make research about a particular issues. Igbo historian only concentrates on secondary source and neglecting primary source. Igbo historian dont bother about oral interview.
What is your business here? Why not open your own thread and detail how Ijebus migrated from Northern Sudan to present Southwest

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by BuhariAdvocate: 2:48pm On May 20, 2019
Anambralstson:

What is your business here? Why not open your own thread and details how Ijebus migrated from Northern Sudan to present Southwest
shame on you this is public forum nairaland is not your father house .
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by BuhariAdvocate: 2:52pm On May 20, 2019
Anambralstson:

What is your business here? Why not open your own thread and detail how Ijebus migrated from Northern Sudan to present Southwest
this is exactly what I'm talking about so your lecturer tell you that ijebu people migrated from northern Sudan without make findings.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Anambralstson: 2:58pm On May 20, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
shame on you this is public forum nairaland is not your father house .
I hope you know IJEBUS migrated from Northern Sudan Notable Ijebu sons are Awolowo, Adenuga

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 20, 2019
They should keep on deceiving themselves. ..the meaning of Ukwani alone should tell them where they belong. ..ndi identity crisis. ...glad most of them are beginning to know their roots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 20, 2019
gidgiddy:
Conclusion
The dominant narrative that the Ukwuani people are Benin immigrants is not supported by evidence. The people speak Igbo language, bear Igbo names and share similar religio-cultural traits with the Igbos of South East Nigeria, which are obvious indications that they are Igbo settlers

Bring up a superior argument to the current one.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by BeautifulMind2: 5:10pm On May 20, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I don't know why you enjoy swimming in Ocean of stupidity, you claimed to have read the post, and you are dumb to go through works cited by Paul Opone

1 Like

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by kernel01: 5:16pm On May 20, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Ummm... You can translate English to Igbo language using Google translate till tomorrow nwa Yoruba.

If they speak and bear Igbo names and you want another claim, you can write more articles.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 20, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Tell us the meaning of Ukwuani in Bini language

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 20, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

I don't know why you enjoy swimming in Ocean of stupidity, you claimed to have read the post, and you are dumb to go through works cited by Paul Opone

Is still opone work madam prof.

Similar research limited down to this same particular topic....
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 20, 2019
kernel01:

Ummm... You can translate English to Igbo language using Google translate till tomorrow nwa Yoruba.

If they speak and bear Igbo names and you want another claim, you can write more articles.

Nobody gets my attention with these child's play.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 20, 2019
immhotep:

Tell us the meaning of Ukwuani in Bini language

I don't like outrageous claims.

These guy said they aren't igbos and don't want to associate with igbos in anyway.

I can authoritatively tell you today that they don't learn igbo language again in their schools....it has been stopped. Verify if what I just wrote is a lie.

Secondly, they refer to we as ndigbo and sometimes u will here some aged saying ndigbo anyi and outrightly deny been igbo.

So what in God's name should someone who hasn't even gone to these places,sit in his bed room uproot a report from Internet annd expect who knows the grass root well to believe.

Things don't work that way.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Xander85: 6:04pm On May 20, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Is still opone work madam prof.

Similar research limited down to this same particular topic....

No wahala! Oya show us similar detailed research showing Ukwuani originated from Benin!
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 20, 2019
Xander85:

No wahala! Oya show us similar detailed research showing Ukwuani originated from Benin!

Ooooohhhhhhhh

I don't like arguing with u because same way I regard these people is the same way I regard you. No difference.

Because your case and that off your brothers is a full blown denial.

Sometimes this axis is manageable but rivers state is beyond redemption.

So in honest term, igbos need to move forward but not with am igbo and am not....

Rightly put up, am igbo and am not should be pigeonhole as Am not with this former more vocal( am not).

Igbos need drop all these distractions annd that's what the sensible ones like me are working towards not all these emotional ones that full nairaland.

If you say you not igbo, I will help you propagate you not igbo and add more facts to you to add to the claim.

So am on the right track.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by babyfaceafrica: 6:23pm On May 20, 2019
ukwanis are ukwanis...just leave if like that...must they be subjugated to a large tribe!,
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Nobody: 3:19am On May 21, 2019
This is minimal and excellent.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by duncun: 3:41am On May 21, 2019
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by Larryoe1: 4:05am On Apr 26, 2021
That is not true about the origin of Ogume and mind you the names you mentioned about Ogbagu Ogume does not represent the facts... Ogwezi Olodu is the founder of Ogbagu and also the first settlers and nothing like Okpala Olodu, and you can find out more from other quarters in Ogume..
They is God in Ogume known and called Chi osa Ogume(meaning the GOD of the 7 quarters of Ogume)and is only hold and served by the Ogwezi Olodu as the founder of Ogbagu and the most senior among them that migrate from bini.
I believe this research methodology is based more hear say than the reality on ground and I doubt if the researcher has visited Ogume for his entire life.
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by stonemasonn: 5:26am On Apr 26, 2021
cheesy Benin was just too powerful sha. Almost every minority tribes in the south claim origin to us.

I wished we forced our heavenly language to our slaves
Re: Are The Ukwuani's Benin Or Igbo? A Study Of Origin And Migration By Paul Opone by chiefobdk(m): 11:01am On Apr 26, 2021
Osagyefo98:

I don't like outrageous claims.

These guy said they aren't igbos and don't want to associate with igbos in anyway.

I can authoritatively tell you today that they don't learn igbo language again in their schools....it has been stopped. Verify if what I just wrote is a lie.

Secondly, they refer to we as ndigbo and sometimes u will here some aged saying ndigbo anyi and outrightly deny been igbo.

So what in God's name should someone who hasn't even gone to these places,sit in his bed room uproot a report from Internet annd expect who knows the grass root well to believe.

Things don't work that way.

I can authoritatively tell you that they teach Igbo language in Anioma schools

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Osita Chidoka And Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi At Emir’s Palace In Kano / Igbokwe Under Fire For Berating Motorbike Hailing Service, Gokada (pixs) / Why North Fails To Close Education Gap With South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.