Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Old Life And New Life Which Is Better - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Old Life And New Life Which Is Better (768 Views)

Married Life Versus Baby Daddy Life, Which Is Likely To Prolong A Man's Life? / Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? / Wicked Married Man Messed Up My Life And Refuse To Take Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 4:40pm On May 20, 2019
For those who rocked their childhood in the 70s, 80s and 90s. How can we ever forget those good old days?
where i spent most of my "growing up" life there and I am very proud of my humble beginnings .. a time when everyone treated each other like family, We went outside to play in the streets, played emababa and climbed trees. We didn't eat fast food ....we ate Groundnuts, Kulikuli, Puff Puff, Buns, agidi jollof with biscuit bone, choco milo sweets, Nasco or cabin biscuits and home made food and we got ice cream from the ice-cream man tied in a polythene bag. We played ten-ten, Suwe, game boy, hide and seek(bojo bojo), street football, tinkutinku little star, table soccer, kite, koso, open kolo, mama n papa, in and out police and thief, Pepsi Pepsi cola, etc. And then enjoyed visiting our neighbors, Families and friends.
There was no bottled water , we drank water from the tap or bought Ice-water tied in a polythene bag, if we had a drink, we would share the same bottle of juice...after giving it a wipe with our mucky sleeves, We had analog tv, that can be open sideways like a wardrobe, only to be switched on at 4pm on weekdays and 10am on weekends; we ride our tyres, boris cart, or spoke wheel or played in the rain for hours. There was no such thing as a mobile phone or any other electronic device . We weren't AFRAID OF ANYTHING (except maybe the Nurse's injection, the Teachers at school and our parents ) If someone had a fight, that's what it was...a fist fight. Kids didn't have guns or knives, we played cowboys & crooks. The street lights were your curfew or until your Mom shouted out the window. School was mandatory, The days of going to school in groups just so we can gist, slab(walk) from our home to school, some cases 5 - 10 kilometers and buy dankuwa, Gudygudy and condense milk, babadudu with our pocket money. Ultimate power, and willi willi was our horror movie and nta channel 5 and BTV was our cartoon network. tales of Kidnapper (gbomogbomo) scare everywhere and mom would warn us not to collect sweet from a stranger if u don't want to turn to a tuber of yam, LOL, We would NOT disrespect our elders because we knew we'd get an ass whooping, with old rough palm ushering a befitting slap, not forgetting the popular brown cane invisibly hidden in every corner of the house. Inter-house suwe was superb during our time. How can I forget the endless stories of the wise tortoise, moonlight stories from our elders. I read so many interesting, motivation and inspiring books like, " the gods are not to blame, things fall apart, an African night entertainment, cheer up brother, Eze goes to school, primary 1-6 Readers, Agbo malaka live it the town of lagoon which is not far from Ibadan, Edet, simbi, etc. Our notebook was printed by ONWARD, but we had our own definition of ONWARD BIG EXERCISE (Olo Na Witch After Reading Devil Bible In Ghana, Eze times Eze, Rice Costumer Is Selling Eba) Wow, my childhood rock.
Edit and share if you're proud that you came from a close knit community and you will never forget where you came from! I'm a proud Edo man. Copy & Paste, just change where you were brought up if you so wish.
So tell me the life style of those day's and the one

1 Like

Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by donbachi(m): 5:30pm On May 20, 2019
I could remember when we took pictures,we had to wait for a month to get them,unlike the wait and take of today..and how we frequently visited tailors that made clothes for us...xmas clothes were used as tool to make us do house chores,even when not asked to...school text books were all published by macmillan...so much love then.one would eat anywhere without fear of been poisoned..children walked naked and none was sexually abused...please,can someone just take us back to those sweet old days.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 5:45pm On May 21, 2019
donbachi:
I could remember when we took pictures,we had to wait for a month to get them,unlike the wait and take of today..and how we frequently visited tailors that made clothes for us...xmas clothes were used as tool to make us do house chores,even when not asked to...school text books were all published by macmillan...so much love then.one would eat anywhere without fear of been poisoned..children walked naked and none was sexually abused...please,can someone just take us back to those sweet old days.
life is sweet den.life is not hard then my bros growing up is hard.
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 5:48pm On May 21, 2019
eyinjuege cococandy czarina rosalieene Rosalie rosieluv vizkiz biafrabushboy ifyalways kanwuliaExtra canadianNaija oyindidi primadonnaO biglittlelois naijboiy xhosanostra genea
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 5:49pm On May 21, 2019
ishilove pocohantas Victorian logobenz
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 21, 2019
Well I think I like the now instead.though I use to be nostalgic sometimes,I really wouldn't like going to my past because I was a troubled/bullied kid.
Remembering the inadequacies make me sick at times.
But hey,things have changed and I'm good.woukd love to keep it this way for a long time.
Well,different strokes for different folks
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by Biglittlelois(f): 10:18pm On May 21, 2019
I remember those days of ten ten, one time in my group of four, I was the first to play the other group, they couldn't win me, I played and played they still couldn't win me, at a point everyone became tired and decided to go home, I really laughed that day, very hilarious, good old days....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by Oyindidi(f): 7:26am On May 22, 2019
Good old days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by helinues: 7:37am On May 22, 2019
New life here oo.. Old things they said, have passed away.

I enjoyed my old days with no garbages though with lots of personal mistakes( Growing up)

Now, maturity have set in, seeing life differently from all the old tales been told to us through Education, Religion and politics. Still learning though
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 6:47pm On May 22, 2019
Logobenz:
Well I think I like the now instead.though I use to be nostalgic sometimes,I really wouldn't like going to my past because I was a troubled/bullied kid.
Remembering the inadequacies make me sick at times.
But hey,things have changed and I'm good.woukd love to keep it this way for a long time.
Well,different strokes for different folks
gosh I think u say dis cos you have a painful childhood. dats so sad. d best u can do wen u born a baby try to give dem a good life DAT dey Neva suffer like u.
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 6:50pm On May 22, 2019
helinues:
New life here oo.. Old things they said, have passed away.

I enjoyed my old days with no garbages though with lots of personal mistakes( Growing up)

Now, maturity have set in, seeing life differently from all the old tales been told to us through Education, Religion and politics. Still learning though
my brother even with all d maturity old life was so simple is not easy to be a man. now u worry about to get money marriage how to help family and all DAT. if u dont make money u wont eat or wear cloth
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 6:53pm On May 22, 2019
yettymuse kanwuliaExtra canadianNaija sinaj refiner yigiyaga rukkydelta afribabe dollyjoy cerowo uyailncomparabl queensekxy ahcb skarlett sexybbstar
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 6:54pm On May 22, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I remember those days of ten ten, one time in my group of four, I was the first to play the other group, they couldn't win me, I played and played they still couldn't win me, at a point everyone became tired and decided to go home, I really laughed that day, very hilarious, good old days....
smiles nice one dear. I think u enjoy ur childhood
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by helinues: 7:04pm On May 22, 2019
jaksmillioniar:
my brother even with all d maturity old life was so simple is not easy to be a man. now u worry about to get money marriage how to help family and all DAT. if u dont make money u wont eat or wear cloth

It all depends on background. I didn't have so much freedom when I was young. I started working at an early age JSS2 even though my parents are one of the responsible parents, yet dad introduced us to on how to make money at an early age.

I may be worry about money now ( may be for projects) but not living money.

That feelings when you have the freedoms, ability to make decisions on your own.. Projects for future and take time in executing them...
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by jaksmillioniar: 9:06am On May 24, 2019
helinues:

It all depends on background. I didn't have so much freedom when I was young. I started working at an early age JSS2 even though my parents are one of the responsible parents, yet dad introduced us to on how to make money at an early age.

I may be worry about money now ( may be for projects) but not living money.

That feelings when you have the freedoms, ability to make decisions on your own.. Projects for future and take time in executing them...

nice one boss sinaj afribabe tonyebarcanista mysticgal
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by Rukkydelta(f): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2019
Old life you don't get problems to worry about
It was just about doing little house chores going to school play and eat
Lol
I miss being a kid
Re: Old Life And New Life Which Is Better by Madir: 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
I work, I have a hobby.

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence / . / Can You Recommend A Private Hospital That Is Good In Cesarean Section At Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.