Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education (22260 Views)

Wizkid Drags Buhari And Trump On Twitter / Don’t Compare Buhari To Trump, Were They Sleeping When Trump Called Him Lifeless / Don't Compare Buhari with OBJ, Obasanjo Brought Corruption In Nigeria -Orji Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by solpat(m): 8:33am On May 21, 2019
The fulani president never went to school that's why he can spew rubbish angry undecided
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by lexy2014: 8:34am On May 21, 2019
Maghan37:
PMB is just speaking reality. The truth is that in Nigeria today the semi skilled labourer in most cases is more secured financially than the graduate, it is quite unfortunate that it is Nigeria's reality while in the United States jobs are created everyday.

Are labourers more financially secure than buharis children? D reality is that it is d duty of d govt 2 ensure that its citizens have jobs according 2 section 14(2b) of d constitution. If u so choose to learn a skil or a trade as a graduate, so b it. But u must have an equal chance of getting a job just as his children have. If ur B.Sc certificate isn't a meal ticket, then what exactly is it? Is that what buhari tells his children?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by terestra: 8:36am On May 21, 2019
kelib:
Yes he is right but its not d president that should be doing this. He was voted not to eliminate poverty but to reduce it, voted not to eliminate unemployment but to reduce it. His tweet is lifeless cos u r already telling d millions of Nigerians in higher institution that there is no hope for u just employ itself. D number of self employees in Nigeria is running to billions n majority r yahoo boys, fraud stars, scammers, ritualist all this is happening cos d heads have no modalities to make them happy.
u bam bro
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Bellotelli: 8:39am On May 21, 2019
The OP is a schmuck... Comparing Trump's direct tweet and a newspaper headline. knowing fully well that newspapers headlines are sensational in order to capture the reader's attention. We all know that certificate alone cannot guarantee one job, additional skills is required.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Orpe7(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2019
lexy2014:

No sir. He is wrong. It is d duty of d govt 2 ensure that its citizens have jobs according 2 section 14(2b) of d constitution. If u so choose to learn a skil or a trade as a graduate, so b it. But u must have an equal chance of getting a job just as their children have

Keep quoting
The earlier u realise the better
I took was like this, 9yrs ago after i finished uni
But i had to come to a realisation, it isnt what ur country can do for u but what u can do for yourself.
Today, to God be the glory, i am a unit manager in my place of work, married, roof over my head, car for mobility etc
One just got to take his or her destiny into his or her own hands.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Bgetto: 8:45am On May 21, 2019
Y3s sir and let me add this every graduate is waiting for big offer
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Meti99(m): 8:50am On May 21, 2019
How many employment opportunities has buhari created outside eating from the national cake.
He has no business idea. Not even an NGO.

He only thrives on the wicked support of useless men at the top for selfish purposes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Collinsanele: 8:54am On May 21, 2019
patogist:
Few weeks ago, News were making head after Nigerian president, Muhammad Buhari review that Education doesn’t guarantee an automatic employment for a job, that you would have to learn some skills afterwards.

Nigerians have taken to twitter platform to review the difference between our own president Buhari and the US president over Donald Trump recent tweet on graduating students.

https://9jainfoupdates.com/nigerians-come-for-president-buhari-after-donald-trump-tweet-on-education/

Our dear president does not have a university degree or any tertiary education degree so he wouldn't know the worth of being a graduate, if he did, he should have known that learning is a continuous process and learning new skills before or after graduation is still part of learning/education.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by frankson1(m): 8:57am On May 21, 2019
Texman21:
now is it wrong for the president to tell the truth,how many bsc holders and even msc do we have without jobs if you like dont go and aquire a skill be waiting for the government to give you a job

They don't want to face the truth staring them at their faces even though they know it. I know graduates with no jobs. Some that have jobs earn 25-40k monthly. Some are taxi drivers, keke etc.
There are people who didn't go to the university and are doing very well.
The President is not wrong.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by lexy2014: 9:01am On May 21, 2019
Orpe7:

Keep quoting
But i had to come to a realisation, it isnt what ur country can do for u but what u can do for yourself.
Today, to God be the glory, i am a unit manager in my place of work, married, roof over my head, car for mobility etc

Congratulations on ur achievements but I didn't ask 4 ur achievements. Y would I not quote d constitution? U are a Nigerian because d constitution says so. Buhari is president because d constitution says so. So what is wrong in highlighting what d govt is supposed 2do 4 its citizens as enshrined in d constitution?

If u read my post well, I said "if u so choose to learn a skill or a trade as a graduate, so b it". Which part of that didn't u understand? If u decide to hustle on ur own, it doesn't negate d govts responsibility of providing jobs 4 its people. In ur words "d earlier u realise, d better".

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by lexy2014: 9:04am On May 21, 2019
frankson1:

They don't want to face the truth staring them at their faces even though they know it. I know graduates with no jobs. Some that have jobs earn 25-40k monthly. Some are taxi drivers, keke etc.
There are people who didn't go to the university and are doing very well.
The President is not wrong.

D president is wrong. It is d duty of d govt 2 ensure that its citizens have jobs according 2 section 14(2b) of d constitution. If u so choose to learn a skil or a trade as a graduate, so b it. But u must have an equal chance of getting a job just as his children have

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by IsraelSongz: 9:11am On May 21, 2019
Salebo:

What did we get when a pH.d holder ruled this nation barely 4 years ago

Sir, we got much better than what we have now.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by ChidiForChrist(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2019
DonMarkuzi:
Both are right.
true! considering geographical location and economy. The US economy favourable for her graduates. In Nigeria, if you don't work, you'll die of hunger wether graduate or illiterate. We just have to understand that fact as Nigerians and move on in legal hard work.... maybe we will get to be in the same state as USA soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by frankson1(m): 9:20am On May 21, 2019
lexy2014:

D president is wrong. It is d duty of d govt 2 ensure that its citizens have jobs according 2 section 14(2b) of d constitution. If u so choose to learn a skil or a trade as a graduate, so b it. But u must have an equal chance of getting a job just as his children have

Im not arguing with you that it's not the FG's responsibility to create jobs. What do you do when there are no jobs? Should people sit down, cross their legs and say there's no job?

One of the President's problems is that, sometimes he can be honest and in this case he stated the obvious truth.

You should also understand that it's not every graduate in the US have job created by the govt.

Good morning Sir.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:21am On May 21, 2019
Buhari comes from a privileged fulani family
Majority of uneducated Northerners are dirt poor.
Stop endorsing your enslavement

Chinashopping84:
As one of the comment or have said...Baba buhari is actually right.He didn't go to school but he has the biggest job in the country...ruling over 200mikkion persons without certificate.That is indeed an achievement of life time for him..,We pay directly to your 1688 suppliers,we pay and we ship your goods from China to Nigeria..,
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Tallesty1(m): 9:24am On May 21, 2019
babdap:
It is a crime to be a Nigerian? We are the worst this, worst that. Only if many of us have a choice we could have remained in heaven than been a Nigerian.
And who told you that you came from heaven? Many Nigerians are reincarnated Ghanaians and Zambians.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by frankson1(m): 9:25am On May 21, 2019
Orpe7:

Keep quoting

Let them keep waiting for the President to call their names or bring jobs to their houses. Some of them still wait for one Uncle or connection from someone for job.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Nobody: 9:26am On May 21, 2019
patogist:
Few weeks ago, News were making head after Nigerian president, Muhammad Buhari review that Education doesn’t guarantee an automatic employment for a job, that you would have to learn some skills afterwards.

Nigerians have taken to twitter platform to review the difference between our own president Buhari and the US president over Donald Trump recent tweet on graduating students.

https://9jainfoupdates.com/nigerians-come-for-president-buhari-after-donald-trump-tweet-on-education/
Sai dullardeen grin grin

cc lzaa adaibeku husbandsnatcha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by lexy2014: 9:28am On May 21, 2019
frankson1:

Im not arguing with you that it's not the FG's responsibility to create jobs. What do you do when there are no jobs? Should people sit down, cross their legs and say there's no job?

One of the President's problems is that, sometimes he can be honest and in this case he stated the obvious truth.

You should also understand that it's not every graduate in the US have job created by the govt.

Good morning Sir.

Morning bros.

Pls read my post again u will c where I said "if u so choose to learn a skil or a trade as a graduate, so b it. But u must have an equal chance of getting a job just as his children have". That is what Trump is excited about in his country, that he can provide jobs 4 his graduates. He knows its his responsibility and he looks forward 2 making sure its done unlike buhari.

Trump is also an honest guy. Buharis so called honesty is a dereliction of duty as far as d constitution is concerned. Don't confuse honesty with dereliction of duty. Or does d president tell his children that are graduates that their B.sc isn't a meal ticket?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by MChaze25(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2019
Texman21:
now is it wrong for the president to tell the truth,how many bsc holders and even msc do we have without jobs if you like dont go and aquire a skill be waiting for the government to give you a job
You are mad but don't just know it
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by McRhymesman: 9:38am On May 21, 2019
you think our president is encouraging? no. he is someone who useless his country men out there
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by trustworthy1(f): 9:42am On May 21, 2019
This country is messed up. The government even introduced SAED(Skill acquisition expenditure development) in camp for corpers which means there is no hope for graduates. Sometimes I wonder the essence of acquiring degree certificates which involves writing Jamb etc for one to gain admission in to the University. Some even go to the extent of committing suicide when they fail jamb.
After that a graduate of computer science will be struggling for space with bead makers and sellers in the market cos of no work.
God help us.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by uuzba(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2019
babdap:
It is a crime to be a Nigerian? We are the worst this, worst that. Only if many of us have a choice we could have remained in heaven than been a Nigerian.
Remain in heaven ke? Who dash you heaven?
You never existed anywhere before being born. There's only one way to heaven. From this earth.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Rexmy(m): 10:21am On May 21, 2019
Joshmodest:
it's really interesting and laughable that after spending 7 years in the university to study medicine , or spending 6 years to study law , you'll graduate and the government expects you to start making small chops or liquid soap !!!!
My problem is not with buhari ryt now , cos everyone knows he has nothing upstairs , so I'm not expecting anything sensible from him , but those supporting his statement ... are you people mad
I think we really need to ask if they really are, at least some of them are enlightened enough to know what's ideal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Inetpork: 10:21am On May 21, 2019
Buhari can only do his best as a President .
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Rexmy(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2019
Texman21:
Just negodu... And you think it's the right of a President to tell his citizens, who had invested their time, energy, money and brain in overcoming the rigorous kind of educational system we have, that their time of knowledge acquisition in the university is a waste
As a sensible person, does that seem to you as an encouragement?
Please stop supporting what should be discouraged, we need to be educated in this country and it's the government's right to provide an enabling environment before, during and after the knowledge acquisition.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by okohjay(m): 10:54am On May 21, 2019
Just listen to yourself, shouldn't the government be responsible for finding other avenues to make the economy viable? Because oil prices dropped, did their IQs and ability to think out solutions drop too? Come on let's stop being sentimental and call a spade a spade.
tactius:

Because of sky high oil prices, google that.

Buhari is not doing well, but oil.has not been above $75 since he took over. GEJ benefited from oil above $90 from 2010-14
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by frankson1(m): 11:00am On May 21, 2019
lexy2014:

Morning bros.

Pls read my post again u will c where I said "if u so choose to learn a skil or a trade as a graduate, so b it. But u must have an equal chance of getting a job just as his children have". That is what Trump is excited about in his country, that he can provide jobs 4 his graduates. He knows its his responsibility and he looks forward 2 making sure its done unlike buhari.

Trump is also an honest guy. Buharis so called honesty is a dereliction of duty as far as d constitution is concerned. Don't confuse honesty with dereliction of duty. Or does d president tell his children that are graduates that their B.sc isn't a meal ticket?

We can't have equal right with them as a result of their father's position and I don't believe that the rest of US citizens have equal right with Mr. Trump's children.

But, whichever ever way...I wish us the best.

CHEERS!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Nobody: 11:15am On May 21, 2019
okohjay:
Just listen to yourself, shouldn't the government be responsible for finding other avenues to make the economy viable? Because oil prices dropped, did their IQs and ability to think out solutions drop too? Come on let's stop being sentimental and call a spade a spade.

In other words, GEJ failed to close up the vulnerability left by our dependence on oil, therefore he was no success.

And yes, Buhari has done nothing about the same vulnerability too....which is why I don't like either APC or PDP.
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by lexy2014: 12:57pm On May 21, 2019
frankson1:

We can't have equal right with them as a result of their father's position and I don't believe that the rest of US citizens have equal right with Mr. Trump's children.

But, whichever ever way...I wish us the best.

CHEERS!

From what u said, it shows that Nigerians have been so bastardized to d extent that we don't no what should b& what shouldn't b. D constitution is explicit on these things.

If d presidents children have access to immunization, so do d children of ordinary Nigerians. Do they have access to education like every other Nigerian? Yes they do. Then y can't ordinary nigerians have access to job opportunities just like them?

There are millions of Americans& even children of migrants from not too wealthy or famous backgrounds who have risen 2d top of their careers cos they all had d same opportunities that d children of d political elite had. Whether it is in politics, d economy, d military, in science e.t.c. its just regular people who were given a chance not because of their last names but because of competence.

Even if there is a certain level of advantage d children of a president have cos of status, does that mean d president shouldn't do his duty of providing jobs 4 other people's children? Do u c trump telling American graduates that their degrees aren't meal tickets or u c a president who despite his children are settled, he is still concerned about other people's children? Don't u c a president who is excited about his graduates getting jobs? That's a guy who understands d burden d constitution has placed on him.

Cheers
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by Orpe7(m): 1:03pm On May 21, 2019
lexy2014:

Congratulations on ur achievements but I didn't ask 4 ur achievements. Y would I not quote d constitution? U are a Nigerian because d constitution says so. Buhari is president because d constitution says so. So what is wrong in highlighting what d govt is supposed 2do 4 its citizens as enshrined in d constitution?

If u read my post well, I said "if u so choose to learn a skill or a trade as a graduate, so b it". Which part of that didn't u understand? If u decide to hustle on ur own, it doesn't negate d govts responsibility of providing jobs 4 its people. In ur words "d earlier u realise, d better".

Even as great as AMERICA is there is saying which goes like this
IT ISNT WHAT THE COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, ITS WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY!
so i stand by my words, if u wait for FG to create jobs, u go wait tire
Re: Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education by lexy2014: 1:07pm On May 21, 2019
Orpe7:

Even as great as AMERICA is there is saying which goes like this
IT ISNT WHAT THE COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, ITS WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY!
so i stand by my words, if u wait for FG to create jobs, u go wait tire

Let me reiterate:

"If u read my post well, I said "if u so choose to learn a skill or a trade as a graduate, so b it". Which part of that didn't u understand? If u decide to hustle on ur own, it doesn't absolve d govts of its responsibility of providing jobs 4 its people. In ur words "d earlier u realise, d better".

So ur talk about waiting or not waiting 4 govt seems 2b out of place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What If Nigeria Was A Picture! Describe Nigeria Using A Picture. (Photos) / Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students / Buhari Sends Money Laundering, Criminal Activities Bills To Senate-vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.