Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,747 members, 7,802,285 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

A Must Read Drama- Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Must Read Drama- Speaking In Tongues (344 Views)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read Drama- Speaking In Tongues by tungamaje: 4:01am On May 21, 2019
For this and other dramas in the series The Original Gospel sent to you free of charge, please send a request to: akurechristadelphians@yahoo.com

Foreword
The Old Testament writers prophesied about the coming of Israel's Messiah and the works he was to accomplish. The main purpose of his coming was to redeem them. When he eventually came, they rejected him because of his humble origin as well as his teachings. They were expecting a Messiah who would lead a revolution against their colonial masters, the Romans. Instead, Jesus taught them that being free from their sins was better than being slaves to their oppressors. They called him an impostor and crucified him. After his resurrection and just before going to heaven, he gave his disciples a commission: 'Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel (of the coming Kingdom of God) to every creature.'

Imagine the disciples obeying their master and going out to preach and telling people, 'Our master Jesus died and was raised from the dead after three days by the power of God and then went to heaven. God his father will send him back to establish his Kingdom on earth and then he will rule as king in Jerusalem. So repent of your sins and accept the Gospel call so that you too would inherit the Kingdom'. Who would take them serious and believe their strange story about the death and resurrection of their master? That would certainly look like a fairy tale. Jesus knew that would be the case and promised them the Holy Spirit, the power of God which would accompany them as they preached.

With this power, they performed miracles which astounded their audience. They healed the sick, raised the dead, foretold the future with precision, spoke in tongues or foreign languages which they didn't understand earlier and did other signs and wonders. The Holy Spirit gifts were given for the sole purpose of accompanying their preaching and convincing their listeners of the power of God bestowed on them.

In 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 Paul however wrote:
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

What then is that which is perfect and that was to come according to Paul? That was the complete Bible; the Old Testament was available at that time but the New was in writing. All we need to know about God and his son Jesus Christ as well as his plan for the earth has been revealed to us in the pages of the complete Bible and therefore there is no more need for signs and wonders

The ability to understand and speak foreign languages, otherwise known as speaking in tongues was one of the gifts the Spirit gave the disciples as missionaries. Unfortunately, this gift has been misunderstood by many modern Christians to be a symbol of being 'spirit filled' as they claim to speak in 'tongues' when they utter unintelligible sentences

'Speaking in Tongues' under the drama series THE ORIGINAL GOSPEL tells the story of Oga Benji and family who came to understand the main reason this particular gift was given and therefore why it is not a proof of them being good Christians. The play also comes in PDF format and is obtainable free of charge from the publishers. Other plays under the same title include:
1. Heaven and Hell parts 1 and 2
2. Prosperity
3. Devil the Satan parts 1 and 2
4. Where are the dead?
5. Daddy G.O
These would be gladly sent free of charge on request to: akurechristadelphians@yahoo.com
Act 1
Scene 1
It's midnight, and clock alarm blows. Lights on to show Oga Benji as he wakes up for midnight vigil
Oga Benji: Ah-ah! It's already midnight. Then it's time for the night vigil. Oya, everybody should wake up. This night, we are going to pray and destroy all the witches and wizards in this neighbourhood. (Wakes up his family) Mama Peter, em Peter, Samson, Angel, please all of you should wake up; the Bible says we should pray without ceasing. Today, all the witches and wizards are in trouble. (To his wife) Mama Peter, where are the Anointing Oil and Holy Water pastor gave us yesterday?
Mama Peter: They are in the polythene bag inside the cupboard
Oga Benji: Please bring them out. (To imaginary enemies) All you evil forces and demonic powers, we shall pour ground pepper into your eyes today. This night, you will know there is power above power. (To his family) Oya, all of you should join me to sing. (Begins to sing and clap)
Bouncing in the Lord, we are bouncing in the Lord, Amen
(Everybody joins him to sing and clap)
Bouncing in the Lord, we are bouncing in the Lord, Amen
Bouncing in the Lord, we are bouncing in the Lord, Amen (several times)
(Interrupts by shouting) Praaaaise the Loooord!!!
Everybody: (Chorus) Alleluiaaaa!!!
Oga Benji: Alleluiaaaa?!!!
Everybody: Amennnnn!!!
Oga Benji: The Lord is gooood?!!!
Everybody: All the time!!!
Oga Benji: All the timeee?!!!
Everybody: The Lord is good!!!
Oga Benji: Let us make a joyful noise unto the Lord!!!
They all begin to shout. One blows a referee's whistle, another uses a spoon to hit on an iron bucket while Mama Peter ululates. Finally, Oga Benji speaks
Now we are going to pray against all demonic forces and bind them.
Begins with earnestness and on top of his voice
All you evil spirits, we bind you! We bind you! We bind you in the mighty name of Jesus!!!
Everybody: Ameennnn!!!
Oga Benji: I stand on the authority given to me by God to knock a spiritual hammer on your heads! Scatter in the mighty name of Jesus!!!
Everybody: Amennn!!!
Oga Benji: I say scatter!!!
Oga Benji: Scatter!!!
Oga Benji: The Bible says no weapon fashioned against us shall prosper in the mighty name of Jesus, therefore I command all you evil forces on top of our ceiling to fall and die in the powerful name of Jesus!!!
Oga Benji: I say dieee!!!
Everybody: Amen!!!
Oga Benji: I say die!!!
Everbody: Amen!!!
Oga Benji: Die!!!
Everbody: Amennn!!!
Oga Benji: All our enemies who don't want our progress, you won't live to see the end of this year; you should all perish in the powerful name of Jesus!!! Perish and die!!!
Oga Benji: Perish and die!!!
Everyody: Amenn!!!
Oga Benji: I say you should perish and die!!!
Everybody: Amenn!!!
Oga Benji: All you witches and wizards, Mammy water, occult powers, demonic spirits, dark forces of the night, principalities and powers in heavenly places, blood suckers, I stand on the authority of God to scatter all of you wherever you may be holding your secret and evil meetings!! Scatter and die in the mighty name of Jesus!!!
Everybody: Amennnn!!!
Oga Benji: Scatter and die!!!
Oga Benji: You should all die!!!
Oga Benji: Die!!!
Oga Benji: Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!
On top of their voice, everybody joins him to shout 'Die!' while clapping and banging their fists on the wall
Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!
Oga Benji interrupts
Oga Benji: I say you should die in the powerful name of Jesus!!!
Oga Benji: All evil spirits which manifest in different forms, poverty, get and lose, exam failure, accidents, sicknesses and so on, you should all die in the powerful name of Jesus.
Oga Benji: I say Die!!!
Oga Benji: Die! Die! Die! Die!
Hysterically, all continue to shout 'Die!'
Oga Benji: (Finally)Praaaaise the Loooord!!!
Everybody: (Chorus) Alleluiaaaa!!!
He begins to sing, jump and clap, while all join him
Evil spirits scatter… Una go scatter!!!
Witches and wizards…Una go scatter!!!
Ogbanje scatter…Una go scatter!!!
Mammy water scatter… Una go scatter!!!
Blood suckers scatter…Una go scatter!!!
Occultists scatter…Una go scatter!!!
Demons scatter…Una go scatter!!!
Scatter, scatter…Una go scatter!!!
Scene 2
As they sing, clap and bang fists on the wall, lights on to show Nicodemus a young neighbour grumbling and complaining in his room next door
Nico: Ooooh, what is this? Oga Benji and family won't allow me to sleep? Chineke God, what is the meaning of this? After the day's hard work, one needed to sleep and rest at night but these people won't allow it. In fact I am going to talk to them. Haba! Don't I pay rents in this place? Am I living here for free?
Goes to their door and knocks
Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Oga Benji! Oga Benji!
Oga Benji: (To his family) Please hold on, somebody is knocking. (In a harsh tone) Who is that person trying to disturb us?! Don't you see we are praying?!
Nico: Oga Benji, please it's me Nico
Oga Benji: Ehe? What is the problem?!
Nico: Oga Benji, please the noise is too much, lower your voices please. I am very tired and need to sleep
Furious
Oga Benji: Whaat?! What did you call a noise? Is it the prayer we are offering to God you called a noise? It shall never be well with you!
Nico tries to explain
Nico: That's not what I mean please, I am not quarrelling with you, only that…
Oga Benji's wife Mama Peter interrupts him
Mama Peter: Holy Ghost fire! Holy Ghost fire! Holy Ghost fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!!!
Everybody: (Chorus) Amen!!!
Mama Peter: Fire you!!!
Everybody: Ameeen!!!
Mama Peter: Fire!!!
Everybody: Ameeen!!!
Mama Peter: Fire!!! Fire!!! Fire!!!
All join Mama Peter to shout Fire! whilst shaking their heads
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
She finally speaks
Mama Peter: Nico, I can see our prayers have started working already. I think we warned you people that your days were numbered? Have you seen that you cannot sleep because our prayers have started to attack you? There is no peace for a wicked soul. I didn't know that you Nicodemus who look quiet and harmless like a cat are one of the witches and wizards? I didn't know o o. So our prayers have already started to fight you?
Taken aback, Nico didn't understand
Nico: Ah-ah! Mama Peter, what are you saying? I don't understand what you are trying to say
Mama Peter: How would you understand? But we have prepared for all of you
She begins to cast and bind him
I say you should die in the mighty name of Jesus!!!
Family: Amenn!!!
Mama Peter: You should die!!!
Mama Peter: Die in the precious name of Jesus!!!
Nico interrupts
Nico: Who should die? I won't die; all of you would rather die before me
Mama Peter: (Continues) I say you should die!!!
Mama Peter: (To her family) All of you should open your mouths and spirits and bind him
All begin to utter gibberish
Family: Shoboboroshama, sharakaratashama tasaraska! Bamburamaskori, mascatura. Bananam baramba, natasharma nakoroti…!
Mama Peter: Die!!!
Mama Peter: In the name of Jesus, I say you should die!!!
Mama Peter: Die in the mighty name of Jesus!!!
Mama Peter: Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!!!
All join her to shout 'Die' severally while shaking their heads
Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die! Die!
Nico replies them
Nico: You are just making a noise; you don't know what you are doing because you are not true Christians
Oga Benji: So are you a Christian yourself? Foolish shameless man! You pagan, that's how we are going to pray and it would continue to disturb you and all those marine spirits you worship
Nico: Hypocrites! Did Jesus tell you to disturb your neighbours's peace when praying? God doesn't answer this useless noise you call prayers
Mama Peter: So do you yourself pray at all? Do you know what a prayer is? Senseless boy!
Nico: I am senseless isn't it? So do you people have senses yourselves?
The exchange of words attracts another neighbour Oga Solo
Oga Solo: O my God! Why are these people making a noise at this odd hour and won't allow me to sleep? Look at the time- some minutes after midnight! Let me go and meet them. (Comes out to meet the quarrelling party) What's the meaning of all these? What's going on? Why won't you people allow this neighbourhood to sleep? See how you are disturbing our peace by this hour of the night
Angry Oga Benji explains
Oga Benji: Solo, was it not this pagan who calls himself Nicodemus that came knocking on our door when we were holding our night vigil saying our prayers were disturbing him Hai! The most annoying part is that he said we were making a noise when we were trying to bind and destroy all the evil forces which don't allow people to progress in this area
Nico responds
Nico: Oga Solo, please don't mind him. All I was trying to tell them was that they should lower their voices when praying. The noise was too much and didn't allow me to sleep
Mama Peter replies
Mama Peter: Eehn, why wouldn't our prayer disturb an idol worshipper like you? How would you be at ease?! You haven't seen anything yet, we have prepared for all of you!
Oga Solo intervenes
Oga Solo: But Oga Benji, if that was actually what he told you, he didn't talk amiss. Your prayer should not disturb other people's peace. Truly, I don't see anything wrong in what he told you
Oga Benji: (Exclaims) Eledumare o! What is this one saying? Is that so? Solo, so you want to join this boy to harass us isn't it?
Mama Peter also speaks
Mama Peter: I have been suspecting you Oga Solo that you might be one of them. Have you seen that God has exposed you? So the power of our prayers has been affecting you too?! Neighbours, come and see one of them here o o!!!
Oga Solo: (Surprised) Me?! What member?!
Nico still weak and feeling drowsy leaves
Oga Benji: Don't worry; we are going to neutralize all of you tonight (Begins to speak in tongues) Ehbabababababa! Sara makatu! Sherima barasaraki! Parana gora sakbadri sorati! Rama!!!
Oga Benji: Rama!!!
Oga Benji: In the mighty name of Jesus, I say Rama!!!
Oga Benji: (To his son) Junior, quick, bring the Holy Water. The devil is a liar, we shall neutralize him today! I say Rama!!!
Oga Benji: Rama in the mighty name of Jesus!!!
Oga Benji: Rama! Rama! Rama
As usual, all join him to shout 'Rama' shaking their heads
Rama! Rama! Rama! Rama! Rama! Rama!
Oga Benji: I say Rama!!!
Oga Solo mocks them
Oga Solo: So this gibberish you are uttering and saying Amen, is that a prayer at all?
Oga Benji: Look at it, didn't I say so?
Oga Solo: So what did you say?
Oga Benji: Didn't I say you are not a Christian? Do you want to tell me you don't know we are speaking in tongues?
Oga Solo: Speaking in tongues? Is that how the Bible told you they spoke in tongues? Okay, tell me, which people's language are you speaking?
Oga Benji: (Laughs) Hahahahahaha! Solo, you won't understand because you are a carnal man, we call it a heavenly language. It was Jesus' disciples who first spoke it on the Pentecost day. As we speak it, we are really filled with the Spirit
Oga Solo: You are amusing me. You people don't know it wasn't this sort of gibberish the disciples of Jesus spoke on that day
Oga Benji: Look at this man, which other tongues did they speak? As the Holy Spirit descended on them and made them speak in tongues, the same way it descends on us. If you don't mind, we can teach you how to do it
He decides to leave
Oga Solo: Mcheew! Anyway, I don't have time to waste with you people, let me go back and sleep
Everybody: (Abusing him) No, don't go! Stay back! Idiot! Come back and defend your member! Wizard! Foolish man! Oloshi! Olori buruku! Onye ara! Anu ofia!
He leaves and scene ends

Act 2
Scene 1
Lights on to show the family about to hold their morning devotion, Oga Benji sends Peter to call Oga Solo
Peter: Daddy, good morning sir
Oga Benji: Good morning my son. And how was your night?
Peter: Nice daddy, thank you
Oga Benji: Em, please quickly go and call Solo for me
Peter: Daddy, d'you mean I should go and call Oga Solo?
Oga Benji: Yes, go and call him for me
Peter: It's okay
Peter leaves and arrives at Oga Solo's. He knocks
Knock knock knock!
Oga Solo: Yes? I am coming
He opens the door and is surprised to see Peter
My boy, how are you? This one you came to wake me up so early, I hope there's no problem?
Peter: Please Oga Solo, don't call me your boy, I am not your boy, my father only sent me to call you and that's all. I am going. Mcheew!
Oga Solo: Okay, tell him I am coming
Boy leaves and scene ends
Re: A Must Read Drama- Speaking In Tongues by tungamaje: 4:02am On May 21, 2019
Scene 2
Lights on to show the family just after their morning devotion. Oga Benji talks to his wife and children
Oga Benji: My wife and children, it's about what happened last night I want to discuss with you
Junior: Daddy, truly the prayers of the children of God are effective. Imagine, as we were in our room praying and binding, Nico and Oga Solo were feeling it in their respective rooms
Mama Peter: That's why the Bible said the weapon of our warfare is not carnal but mighty to the pulling down of strongholds. I have always suspected that the enemies are living in our midst. Thank God he has finally exposed them (To Angel her daughter) Look here Angel, never again allow that Nico to touch any of our utensils, do you hear me?
Angel: Yes mummy
Mama Peter: If he needs a knife or a cooking pot, he should go to the market and buy his, lest one day he transfers his witchcraft to my family
Angel: Mummy, God forbid
Mama Peter: My daughter, God will surely protect us. No weapon fashioned against this family shall prosper in Jesus' name
Everybody: Amen!
Mama Peter: The living God we serve will never allow the enemy to see us
Mama Peter: We are protected in Jesus' mighty name
Junior speaks
Junior: Daddy, I have always suspected that Uncle Nico is into occultism
Oga Benji: (Shocked) Eeehe? Do you mean it? What did you see?
Junior: There was a day I was sitting close to his door and heard him muttering some words inside his room as if he was speaking with someone. His voice was so low that I couldn't hear what he was saying
Angel: Daddy, it may be true he is indeed an occultist. If not, how can one enter into his room, lock himself up and begin to speak in a low voice. Definitely, he must be an occultist; we need to be very careful of him
Oga Benji: What I want all of you to know is that we are truly protected in Jesus. He who is with us is mightier than he who is with them.
Mama Peter: My husband, thank God we know him and trust him. The Lord is a strong tower where his children run to and are safe. The Lord will protect this family in Jesus' name
Mama Peter: The Lord will surely shield us against the wiles of the enemy
Mama Peter: No weapon fashioned against us shall prosper in Jesus name
Oga Benji still has something to say
Oga Benji: My wife and children, there was something Solo said last night which I want him to come and prove now
Mama Peter: What was that?
Oga Benji: Didn't you hear when he said our speaking in tongues wasn't genuine? As I thought about it throughout the night, I couldn't sleep, and I decided we invite him to prove himself
Mama Peter: Hm, to me, I would have said you should leave that pagan alone. I just feel our prayers destabilized him
Oga Benji Anyway, I have already sent for him
Mama Peter: Then let him come. Foolish man!
Scene ends

Scene 3
Lights on to show Oga Solo in his room talking to himself
Oga Solo: But why does this man want to see me? I just hope he isn't inviting me so that he and his family would attack me. Anyway let me get myself ready, I am going to defend myself before they kill me and they won't find it so easy. He collects a dagger and hides it in one of his stockings.
He leaves and scene ends

Scene 4
He arrives at Oga Benji's, knocks, enters and greets them
Knock! Knock! Knock! Good morning everybody
Mama Peter: (harasses him)What's good about the morning?! Mcheeew! Nonsense!
Oga Benji calms him down
Oga Benji: Em Solo, please sit down
He sits down
Anyway Solo, I sent for you because of last night's incident. I want you to explain why you said the tongues we spoke yesterday were fake
Mama Peter: (still insulting him) Yes, why not tell Jesus' disciples that the tongues they spoke on the Pentecost day were fake! Devil that quotes the Bible! Foolish man! Olori buruku!
Oga Solo: Anyway, if you go to that place in Acts 2:1-12, where the story is, you would see that the disciples spoke people's original and meaningful languages and not this meaningless Ehbabababababa
Family confused
Oga Benji: Solo, are you sure of what you are saying? (To his son) Junior, oya bring the Bible and read that portion, Acts 2:1-12
Junior reads half way and remarks
Junior: Daddy, see what verses 6- 8 said; it seems Oga Solo may be right o
Oga Benji: My son please read the portion
Junior reads
Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these Galileans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Oga Benji: (Couldn't believe it, he exclaims) Is that so?! Wonderful!
Oga Solo: You can see that the disciples actually spoke languages which people understood. (To Junior) Please finish up by reading verses 9 to 12
He continues
Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God
(Continues his explanation) You see, those foreigners were amazed that Jesus' disciples who were Galileans spoke their various languages telling them about the wonderful works of God
Oga Benji: You don't mean it
Mama Peter: Oga Solo, so what you mean is that we have not been praying the right way?
Oga Solo: Let me tell you, what you have been shouting and chorusing Amen is not a true Christian prayer
Oga Benji: Solo, I just realize you want to be different and start off your own church. Is our way of praying different from how others do?
Oga Solo: What I want you to know is that we do not need to shout before God hears our prayer
Mama Peter: But don't you know we need to add energy to our prayers to make them effective, they should not be dull
Oga Solo: Mama Peter, before we open our mouth to pray, God already knows what we want to request from him. We don't need to shout because he is not deaf. Our Lord Jesus Christ taught his disciples how to pray
Oga Benji: That's exactly what I want to hear, how did he teach them?
Oga Solo: He said whenever we want to pray, we should enter into our room, shut the door and pray to God in secret and he would reward us openly. Even our neighbour should not hear what we are telling God, not to talk of disturbing his peace
Everybody looks confused and stare at each other
Oga Benji: Solo, please do you mean Jesus actually said so?
Oga Solo: Of course. Jesus said those who shout so that everybody would know they are praying are hypocrites; they want people to know how good they are in praying
Oga Benji: (To his wife) Mama Peter, was that not what that boy Nico called us last night?
Mama Peter: It's true. That means the boy actually knew what he called us
Oga Benji: Solo, please where would I find what you have just told us in the Bible?
Oga Solo: You would find it in Matthew 6:5-7
Oga Benji: (To his son Peter) Peter, please open that portion and read it, I want to be sure
Peter reads
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men, Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut the door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking (Matthew 6:5-7)
Everybody looks confused
Oga Benji: Wait Solo, these tongues which we speak in our churches, do you mean they too are meaningless, they are fake?
Mama Peter: (In support) Yes, because we learnt ours in our church
Oga Solo: The ability to speak in tongues or foreign languages gift was a gift Jesus gave to his disciples so that they would be able to preach to unbelievers in their own proper languages, it wasn't for the disciples to use for themselves
Mama Peter: Please Oga Solo, I want to understand what you are trying to say
Oga Solo: As Jesus was about to go to heaven, he told his disciples to go into the whole world and preach the gospel. Those places the disciples were to go and preach, did they the disciples understand those people's languages?
Oga Benji: It must be very difficult; language must definitely be a problem
Mama Peter: It's true. But how would it be possible for them to preach to people they didn't understand their languages?
Oga Solo: That was why Jesus gave them the speaking in tongues gift as he promised them before going to heaven so that they were able to preach to people in their local languages
Oga Benji understands
Oga Benji: It's now I understand! Was that why on the Pentecost day, people from different places were surprised when the disciples of Jesus who were Galileans began to speak their various languages telling them about the works of God?
Oga Solo: That's it, but you would agree with me that your speaking in tongues is quite different, nobody understands what you say
Oga Benji: In fact you are right Solo, you are saying the truth. Only that it helps us to know that we too belong, I hope you understand what I mean?
Mama Peter: (Explaining more) At least people will know that we too are good Christians
Oga Solo: I agree with both of you. When a person knows more than others, he always tends to become bloated and tries to show off
Oga Benji: (Agrees) You are right my brother
Oga Solo: That was why the early Corinthian Christians abused the speaking in tongues gift which the Holy Spirit gave them. When they gathered in their church, all of them would begin to speak in foreign languages
Everybody: (Shocked) Do you mean it? Is that so?
Oga Solo: And that was why Paul told them to imagine an unbeliever entering their church and seeing all of them speaking in unknown languages, whether the visitor wouldn't say they had gone mad
Oga Benji: But that's true, only mad people would do that
Junior: Daddy, this speaking in tongues issue once made me and my friend Abdulahi to quarrel in school
Mama Peter: Do you mean it? What happened?
Junior: He said he was passing by our church and saw us praying. He said the manner we were shouting, jumping and shaking our heads made him to think we had gone mad. He called us mad people
Mama Peter and Oga Benji look at each other
Oga Benji: Don't mind him; it's he and his parents who are mad
Mama Peter: He and his parents are rather mad! Foolish boy he is!
(Back to Oga Solo) I think that place is 1 Corinthians 14
Oga Solo: That's true
Mama Peter: But see what verse 22 of that place said
She reads
Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe
(Her own understanding) That place is saying that speaking in tongues would be a sign to unbelievers, meaning that unbelievers would never learn how to do it
Oga Solo: Let me explain what Paul was trying to say. Let's say you are Ijaw believers and you come to preach to me a Fulani unbeliever in my native Fulfulde language, wouldn't it surprise me to let me know that indeed a special power is with you?
Oga Benji: (Understands) Okaaay! It would be a sign to you that the Jesus we were preaching truly gave us power?
Oga Solo: Yes, that's it
Peter speaks
Peter: Daddy, I have always doubted these speaking in tongues of a thing for a long time, I only follow you to do it
Mama Peter: Truly Oga Solo, it is unbelievers who would benefit, not believers. Why then did the church members speak in tongues?
Oga Solo: That was why Paul told them to better keep quiet if they cannot interpret what they were saying in the church
Mama Peter: Of course, it's useless.
Oga Benji: Solo, the Bible is really big o, these things you are telling us surprise me
Oga Solo: Oga Benji, that's not all. Again Jesus said we should bless our enemy instead of cursing him. We shouldn't as true Christians wish death to those who make themselves our enemies
Oga Benji: (Shocked again, he exclaims) Jah Jehovah Emmanuel! Did Jesus say that too? Unbelievable!
Mama Peter: What you have just said, where can we find it in the Bible?
Oga Solo: You would find it in the same Matthew 5:43-45
Mama Peter: Peter please read that place again
Peter reads
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust (Matthew 5:43-45)
Oga Benji: (Still surprised) Ye! Ye! Ye! Ye! That means truly we have not been saying the right prayers to God! Oh my God! It was our pastor who taught us the way we pray
Mama Peter: Yes, it was he who taught us
Everybody: God, please forgive us o! We didn't know o
Oga Solo: God will definitely forgive you. But try to change as from today and never pray like that again
All: Never! Laye laye!
Oga Benji warns his family
Oga Benji: Look! Mama Peter, Junior, Peter, Angel!
All: Yes daddy
Oga Benji: Everybody should listen to me carefully. Any other day I hear Ehbababababa like a he-goat again in this my house, anyway I am going to buy a koboko (a whip)
Everybody laughs and drama finally ends

The publishers

The publishers of the drama series 'The Original Gospel' are called The Christadelphians. The name is an anglicized word derived from two Greek words 'Christos” and “adelphos” and means 'Brothers (and sisters) in Christ'. Christ told his disciples 'Ye all are brethren'

The organization was formed in the 19th century by an English medical doctor called John Thomas who was travelling to the United States and faced death in a shipwreck. He made a solemn promise to God to devote his entire life to know who he is, how he works and what his plan for the earth is if he eventually delivered his life. God answered his prayer and his life was spared. John Thomas then devoted his life to search out the message of the scriptures. He made discoveries which attracted a lot of open minded members of his then church and others who later joined him to dig deeper into the Bible. This subsequently led to the formation of the Christian church called the Christadelphians. Formerly the organization was found mainly in the United States, UK, Canada and Australia but now is found all over the world.

The Christadelphians believe God to be Supreme and the creator of the universe, Jesus his begotten son to be his subordinate and the Holy Spirit to be his power through which he controls his creation. They believe the Bible to be wholly inspired by God and therefore free from contradictions, although some errors crept in during translation.

They also seek to persuade people to return to the original Gospel message about the coming Kingdom of God on earth which was paramount in the teaching of the prophets, our Lord Jesus Christ and his apostles.

If you want to know more about them and their Bible based beliefs, please visit www.christadelphia.org. You can also contact them for more information through the following numbers:
07083136340, 08059204929, 08136175627

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See A Cat In Your Room? / Prophet Joshua Iginla Builds 100,000-seater City Of Wonders In South Africa / How Deeper Life Bible Church Mandate Evolves From 1973 Till Date - Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.