Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,144 members, 7,807,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand (10914 Views)

Governor Adeleke: I Went To Thailand To Rest, Check My Medicals / Buhari Sacks Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah, NDLEA Chairman / Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by ebusnwaoma: 4:23am On May 21, 2019
NDLEA Chairman, Col. Muhammad Abdallah (retd), has opposed Governor Akeredolu on his stance on marijuana as he further denied the alleged reason they visited Thailand. Col. Muhammad Abdallah (retd) who denied visiting Thailand with Governor Akeredolu to learn how to grow Marijuana for economic gain as being reported in some quarters, revealed that they recently destroyed 3,900 hectares of cannabis sativa in Ondo State.

The NDLEA Chairman who opposed Governor Akeredolu over their alleged marijuana trip to Thailand, added that Nigeria’s staunch opposition to legalising cannabis as restated at the Commission on Narcotic Drugs’ round-table talks in March 2019 still stands. His statement read in parts;

“My attention has been drawn to the misinformation that the Ondo State Governor and I were in the Republic of Thailand to learn how to grow cannabis sativa for medicinal purpose or economic gain.“This is far from the truth. At no point did I make any remark in favour of the commercial and medicinal value or monetary gain of cannabis.The purpose of the visit to Thailand is to understudy how the country has successfully migrated some of her citizens hitherto engaged in illicit plant cultivation to the cultivation of legitimate economic crops and other lawful businesses." he said.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/21/ndlea-chairman-opposes-akeredolu-on-marijuana-denies-trip-to-thailand/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by ebusnwaoma: 4:24am On May 21, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by davibid: 11:35am On May 21, 2019
F
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by XerexJ: 11:36am On May 21, 2019
Wow.... Many sides will veil soon.
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Goldenheart(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2019
Hmmm
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Ekakamba: 11:37am On May 21, 2019
kirchofff:
Marijuana is better thank alcohol 100%. Naija is still in[b] stone[/b] age

WE'RE IN WEED AGE BRUV! grin tongue

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by kirchofff(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2019
Marijuana is better thank alcohol 100%. Naija is still in stone age

16 Likes

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by dheaven: 11:37am On May 21, 2019
You are saying almost the same thing Mr. Man.

13 Likes

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by aleeyus(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2019
weed
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by GTFO(f): 11:38am On May 21, 2019
Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section

Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
jokeland angry

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Nobody: 11:38am On May 21, 2019
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Nobody: 11:38am On May 21, 2019
So why was this shameless liar pictured admiring a cbd oil extractor.

This na person papa wey dey blow lie like Lai Moh'd. Nigerian elders no get shame they just lie anyhow.

8 Likes

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by fkj950ax(m): 11:39am On May 21, 2019
ebusnwaoma:

.....The purpose of the visit to Thailand is to understudy how the country has successfully migrated some of her citizens hitherto engaged in illicit plant cultivation to the cultivation of legitimate economic crops and other lawful businesses." he said.

Na from clap dance dey start

Is controlled cultivation of indian hemp not a legitimate economic crop?
Speaking from both sides of the mouth

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by hopexter(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2019
How can you destroy a 3,900 hectares of cannabis sativa plantation knowing fully well the medicinal and economic value of it. This is complete ignorance angry

9 Likes

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by selemo: 11:41am On May 21, 2019
But marijuana is being sold openly in streets by Mallams.. angry angry angry

We are in bondage ooo!!!

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Nobody: 11:42am On May 21, 2019
I really don't see anything bad in Akeredolu's idea... If the marijuana farm is under NDLEA supervision and its strictly for export purposes, I think it should be encouraged. Even cocaine is used in medicine, I really don't see the fuss over it... undecided

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by feldido(m): 11:42am On May 21, 2019
Just change in grammar, Stopping citizens from growing illicit plants(now illegal in nigeria) to legitimate plants( which will be legal if passed into law in Nigeria).
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by gaventa: 11:42am On May 21, 2019
Well you are saying the same thing just the right use of words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by hebenezher(m): 11:43am On May 21, 2019
R
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by BBYYOLA: 11:43am On May 21, 2019
ebusnwaoma:
NDLEA Chairman, Col. Muhammad Abdallah (retd), has opposed Governor Akeredolu on his stance on marijuana as he further denied the alleged reason they visited Thailand. Col. Muhammad Abdallah (retd) who denied visiting Thailand with Governor Akeredolu to learn how to grow Marijuana for economic gain as being reported in some quarters, revealed that they recently destroyed 3,900 hectares of cannabis sativa in Ondo State.

The NDLEA Chairman who opposed Governor Akeredolu over their alleged marijuana trip to Thailand, added that Nigeria’s staunch opposition to legalising cannabis as restated at the Commission on Narcotic Drugs’ round-table talks in March 2019 still stands. His statement read in parts;

“My attention has been drawn to the misinformation that the Ondo State Governor and I were in the Republic of Thailand to learn how to grow cannabis sativa for medicinal purpose or economic gain.“This is far from the truth. At no point did I make any remark in favour of the commercial and medicinal value or monetary gain of cannabis.The purpose of the visit to Thailand is to understudy how the country has successfully migrated some of her citizens hitherto engaged in illicit plant cultivation to the cultivation of legitimate economic crops and other lawful businesses." he said.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/21/ndlea-chairman-opposes-akeredolu-on-marijuana-denies-trip-to-thailand/

Mr NDLEA Chairman I don't think you are at variance with what they governor has said. He made it more elaborate of what he intend to do in his state. Instead of ppl doing the cultivation illegally it's better they are trained professionally on how to drive Economic and medicinal values from the plant. In the same way generating more revenues to the state. What you can not fight and get rid off for more years must be change into a profitable way such as the way the governor proposed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Topmaike007(m): 11:45am On May 21, 2019
He good make person dey read oo,so igbo na Cannabis sativa wonderful

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by DUNDEEMASTER(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2019
maximillianlam:
make a win today, view details
U Neva tire? undecided
maximillianlam:
make a win today, view details
U Neva tire?

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Kaxmytex(m): 11:52am On May 21, 2019
angry
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by MyGeneration(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2019
If they legalize marijuana in Nigeria ndlea would become totally useless. Because that's the only drug Nigerians actually are engaged in.

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by Lamasta(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2019
Still on the same matter Mr Chairman, its high time we start utilizing our resources to make economic growth for our nation. Marijuana has medicinal advantage cos its a bioactive compound. Start exporting it out if its not useful for You as a nation its useful for some other nation that understand its purpose. cool

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by obailala(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2019
Awaiting response by Ondo state government.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by emmykk(m): 12:03pm On May 21, 2019
Hausa gambari commanding how Yoruba afonja should use their land since 1960

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by fmcjunior(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2019
more weed...less stress
Re: NDLEA Chairman Opposes Akeredolu On Marijuana, Denies Trip To Thailand by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:04pm On May 21, 2019
2 sides to this igbo issue

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dokpesi: If I Hate SE, I Wouldn’t Have Given IPOB A Platform On My Stations / Is The President Of Gabon An Igboman? / Olusegun Osoba Returns To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.