Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge (23468 Views)

New Naira: Buhari’s Meeting With Governors, Others Cancelled / President Buhari Broke His Ramadan Fast With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi / 2019: Atiku Welcomed To Sokoto In Style - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by DeLinguaMan: 6:34am On May 21, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday met with a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Makkah, Saudi Arabia.

Igbere TV learnt that the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, was also in attendance.

According to a statement issued to Igbere TV by Mallam Garba Shehu, Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Media and Publicity, Tinubu “appealed to elderly Nigerians to avoid inflammatory statements, that could undermine peaceful co-existence among the nation’s diverse communities”.

Igbere TV reports that the former Lagos governor spoke after an Iftar dinner with President Buhari, along with the Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of Kazaure, Dr. Najib Hussaini Adamu.

Full Statement,

“With inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term around the corner, a key ally and National Leader of governing All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Monday in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, appealed to elderly Nigerians to avoid inflammatory statements that could undermine peaceful co-existence among the nation’s diverse communities.

“Speaking after an Iftar dinner meeting with President Buhari, along with Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar and Emir of Kazaure, Dr. Najib Hussaini Adamu, the former Lagos State governor said all citizens should consider the enormity of challenges facing the nation, and support the President.

“He urged Nigerians to rally round President Buhari to solve the problems and stabilize the polity.

“The President worked hard and will continue to do so to ensure peace and stability in the country, which are important for the economy to make progress. These are the key pegs of his agenda. Let us all come together to support him,” he said.

“Asiwaju Tinubu said the Peoples Democratic Party is reputed for “saucy and distractive statements’’, urging Nigerians not to be angry with the opposition party, but assist them to overcome their “colossal defeat” in the February 2019 elections.

“Don’t blame them. They are handicapped by the traumatic feelings of the colossal loss of the election. You should help them to manage the trauma,” he added.

“The APC National Leader commended President Buhari for the recognition of June 12th as the nation’s Democracy Day.

“In his remarks, Sultan Abubakar pledged his support to the success of the President’s administration.

“The Sultan led prayers for President Buhari’s Second Term in office, and for the nation to overcome current challenges.

“Other guests at the Iftar dinner were the Nigerian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Justice Isa Dodo, Malam Mamman Daura, Isma’ila Isa, Mr Wale Tinubu and Mr Hakeem P. Fahm, the Commissioner of Science and Technology, Lagos State.”

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/698919/details-of-buharis-meeting-with-tinubu-sultan-of-sokoto-in-saudi-arabia-emerges/

3 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by frankyychiji(f): 7:25am On May 21, 2019
Hahahaha...So Tinubu actually thinks buhari would support his 2023 presidential pipe dream?
I laugh in Iragbiji republic language. grin grin

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by donbachi(m): 7:35am On May 21, 2019
I don't see buhari supporting tinubu.but,if backed by strongmen of his party,buhari na minus one..i'm not a member of apc.i believe a tinubu-amaechi ticket will be a good one for nigeria...they both did well as governors.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:37am On May 21, 2019
donbachi:
I don't see buhari supporting tinubu.but,if backed by strongmen of his party,buhari na minus one..i'm not a member of apc.i believe a tinubu-amaechi ticket will be a good one for nigeria...they both did well as governors.
Wetin Tinubu do for Lagos, you they osun they type Lagos matter for here shocked

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Dannyset(m): 7:38am On May 21, 2019
DeLinguaMan:
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday met with a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Makkah, Saudi Arabia.

Igbere TV learnt that the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, was also in attendance.

According to a statement issued to Igbere TV by Mallam Garba Shehu, Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Media and Publicity, Tinubu “appealed to elderly Nigerians to avoid inflammatory statements, that could undermine peaceful co-existence among the nation’s diverse communities”.

Igbere TV reports that the former Lagos governor spoke after an Iftar dinner with President Buhari, along with the Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of Kazaure, Dr. Najib Hussaini Adamu.

Full Statement,

“With inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term around the corner, a key ally and National Leader of governing All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Monday in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, appealed to elderly Nigerians to avoid inflammatory statements that could undermine peaceful co-existence among the nation’s diverse communities.

“Speaking after an Iftar dinner meeting with President Buhari, along with Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar and Emir of Kazaure, Dr. Najib Hussaini Adamu, the former Lagos State governor said all citizens should consider the enormity of challenges facing the nation, and support the President.

“He urged Nigerians to rally round President Buhari to solve the problems and stabilize the polity.

“The President worked hard and will continue to do so to ensure peace and stability in the country, which are important for the economy to make progress. These are the key pegs of his agenda. Let us all come together to support him,” he said.

“Asiwaju Tinubu said the Peoples Democratic Party is reputed for “saucy and distractive statements’’, urging Nigerians not to be angry with the opposition party, but assist them to overcome their “colossal defeat” in the February 2019 elections.

“Don’t blame them. They are handicapped by the traumatic feelings of the colossal loss of the election. You should help them to manage the trauma,” he added.

“The APC National Leader commended President Buhari for the recognition of June 12th as the nation’s Democracy Day.

“In his remarks, Sultan Abubakar pledged his support to the success of the President’s administration.

“The Sultan led prayers for President Buhari’s Second Term in office, and for the nation to overcome current challenges.

“Other guests at the Iftar dinner were the Nigerian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Justice Isa Dodo, Malam Mamman Daura, Isma’ila Isa, Mr Wale Tinubu and Mr Hakeem P. Fahm, the Commissioner of Science and Technology, Lagos State.”

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/698919/details-of-buharis-meeting-with-tinubu-sultan-of-sokoto-in-saudi-arabia-emerges/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

See jabs grin grin
PDP don suffer for Jagaban hand

25 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by donbachi(m): 7:40am On May 21, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

Wetin Tinubu do for Lagos, you they osun they type Lagos matter for here shocked
haba!na u dey talk dis kain thing?atleast,the lagos of today is his template.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:43am On May 21, 2019
donbachi:
haba!na u dey talk dis kain thing?atleast,the lagos of today is his template.
We all know say the reason Lagos no fit develop is because him tie Lagos destiny and Lagos no go free if he no leave am.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by donbachi(m): 7:46am On May 21, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

We all know say the reason Lagos no fit develop is because him tie Lagos destiny and Lagos no go free if he no leave am.
you should be arrested for given him the rope.

1 Like

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Buzoman: 10:51am On May 21, 2019
Addressing Nigerians from Saudi Arabia grin grin grin if you are still hoping in Nigeria may God help you, me as I de so na baba God be my President as Nwa-chineke.

13 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Pabloosas(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2019
Kk

1 Like

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Bobby4090: 10:52am On May 21, 2019
El Rufai wont be happy to hear this. The Tinubu he keeps fighting keeps going on and ignoring him as if El Rufai never existed.

12 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Jason007: 10:53am On May 21, 2019
the National cake interest that brought them together will soon separate them.
do your jobs as leaders ,no...
they will be releasing press statements like it's meant to fix the country

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Nobody: 10:53am On May 21, 2019
All the people commenting here as if their opinion matters grin

1 Like

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by TheLogicalMind(m): 10:56am On May 21, 2019
angry
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by IamPatriotic(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2019
kiss
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by ImOptional: 11:00am On May 21, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
All the people commenting here as if their opinion matters grin
neither do yours
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Sheriman(m): 11:00am On May 21, 2019
If all of you are Saudi Citizens and you are corrupt as this.. All of you talking in Saudi Arabia I am sure your head would have roll in blood..
Corrupt People taking it country to modern day Slavery..
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by jaxxy(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2019
Smtmes I feel tinubu has worse tendencies than Buhari in certain areas.

What makes a country great is the system it puts in place not any person is selects or elects to lead them as such. There is no messiah coming to save this country. The word messiah is a phantom in this context. It does not exist. No Nigerian has good intentions and even if they had they can be influenced wrongly or frustrated.

3 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Nobody: 11:02am On May 21, 2019
ImOptional:
neither do yours
Never said it did, Captain Obvious

2 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by yincah38: 11:02am On May 21, 2019
frankyychiji:
Hahahaha...So Tinubu actually thinks buhari would support his 2023 presidential pipe dream?
I laugh in Iragbiji republic language. grin grin

Where was that written U people talk shit .. Give Tinubu some respect ...Tinubu can n will Neva run for president highest he support someone for the post.
Honestly v u people sat down n tink of the reason why Tinubu did go for Senate after z 8yrs in Lagos ...... Honestly just tell me dat governor in Nigeria after 8 yrs wey no try contest for Senate. Tinubu paid z dues so let him enjoy abeg

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by kayuseful: 11:12am On May 21, 2019
Let them present a Fashola, or at least, osinbajo.. Anything else I'm off
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Npfn: 11:19am On May 21, 2019
Expect a news that atiku is arrested there are grand plot in Saudi by APC
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Chimaokigwe: 11:22am On May 21, 2019
kayuseful:

Calm down and watch how things unfold.
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Nobody: 11:25am On May 21, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

How old are you?

Kids everywhere

8 Likes

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Effiongdbest: 11:29am On May 21, 2019
kayuseful:
Any Yoruba I'm off

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by 9jaArea: 11:29am On May 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by Nobody: 11:39am On May 21, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

Are you kidding me? Did you mean this question or just faking ignorance? Tinubu was d first governor in Nigeria that started IPP, independent power project, constructed a whole lots of roads in Lagos, one of them is Igando Ikotun road, which was eventually completed by Fashola. The first gov that started BRT buses, the tyrant, Obasanjo seized Lagos allocation for years because Tinubu created LCDA and Tinubu ingenuity raised Lagos IGR to enviable one. Pls among his 1999 peers, name a better performer, including your own State

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge by wifeesnatcher(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2019
Effiongdbest:

Any Yoruba I'm off

like your on had any political relevance

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan's Sallah Message To Muslims And Nigerians / Electricity Consumers To Pay More In New NERC Regulation / Two Internet Fraudsters Jailed In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.