Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) (65013 Views)

EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters Including A Lady In Port Harcourt (Photos) / EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo-Yahoo Boys In Abuja (Photos) / EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Ilorin, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by salford: 7:49pm On May 21, 2019
mrAMG2:

I am against them and warning those aspiring to go into it not to try it but I’m still shedding light on how stupid the ones that are already into it are.

Regardless of how much your rent and feeding is in the abroad, do you not meet it if you work? And still have money to save or invest? When you fall sick, do you not have insurance or medicare to to go to the hospital? You can’t tell me it’s the 30k they pay corpers or the 25k they pay addide/shoprite employees or the 75k they pay bank tellers that you are surviving on over there?

Unemployment rate in your fatherland is above 23.1%... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/05/03/fg-nigerias-unemployment-rate-reaches-33-5-by-2020/%3famp

Yes Nigerians are doing yahoo abroad, I’m not denying that. From stories I’ve heard, it wasn’t started in Nigeria, it was started over there.

When you come back home and do the math, it’s mostly people from poor backgrounds that are mostly into it.

Now what I’m saying is after these arrests, what reform programs are in place for them?
After they are released back into society, do you think they will not go back doing it?

Is arresting and passing sentences enough?

Deep reformation is key.
brother. unemployment rate in greece is above 18%. Ypu woudnt see greek youths doing yahoo even though it would have been easier for them due to the colour of thei skin. Lets not even talk about unemployment rate in other African countries, why only Nigerian youth doing drugs and online fraud. forget that poor background excuse, the poor people in Nigeria can't even afford secondary education. Most of this yahoo boys are poly and uni students and grads.

Healthcare is not free in the US just like Nigeria. You are lucky if your employer insurance covers you just like you have with employers in Nigeria too.

oh and I worked in walmart and had 0 savings at the emd of the month yet i comtinued working hard and did not go the yahoo route.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Santispecial(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2019
But nah so this thing dey sweet e be like say me........ See them, the Afonjaaiiss thinking I won join
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
salford:

brother. unemployment rate in greece is above 18%. Ypu woudnt see greek youths doing yahoo even though it would have been easier for them due to the colour of thei skin. Lets not even talk about unemployment rate in other African countries, why only Nigerian youth doing drugs and online fraud. forget that poor background excuse, the poor people in Nigeria can't even afford secondary education. Most of this yahoo boys are poly and uni students and grads.

Healthcare is not free in the US just like Nigeria. You are lucky if your employer insurance covers you just like you have with employers in Nigeria too.

oh and I worked in walmart and had 0 savings at the emd of the month yet i comtinued working hard and did not go the yahoo route.

Bro, there’s no where there isn’t crime. Even in greece they have worse; organized crime.

Before you mention other african countries, check well, they’re doing worse off.

Drugs and armed robbery in SA, terrorism in Egypt etc

I don’t think you were born in Nigeria because you’d know the poor people in Nigeria attend free public schools and federal university education is not expensive. Most of these yahoo boys do/did it to sponsor themselves through school (sadly some end up not finishing) that’s the extent of the poverty for some.

Well I’m sorry about your experience at Walmart

My point is we need deep reforms. Very deep reforms.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
Good for them

Come and earn bitcoin here. So easy to ue
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1faLJJYKpVlGgPCXgLlhJK4CjDQs71s7IvB_cQFdfCswo
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 8:17pm On May 21, 2019
Una go arrest una go tire
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by salford: 8:18pm On May 21, 2019
mrAMG2:

Bro, there’s no where there isn’t crime. Even in greece they have worse; organized crime.

Before you mention other african countries, check well, they’re doing worse off.

Drugs and armed robbery in SA, terrorism in Egypt etc

I don’t think you were born in Nigeria because you’d know the poor people in Nigeria attend free public schools and federal university education is not expensive. Most of these yahoo boys do/did it to sponsor themselves through school (sadly some end up not finishing) that’s the extent of the poverty for some.

Well I’m sorry about your experience at Walmart

My point is we need deep reforms. Very deep reforms.
sorry about my typo in the earlier message. i am at work.
I was kuku born in Nigeria and went to school at OAU. Infact the suffer head in my first 3 years here was worse than any hardship I ever encountered in Nigeria. Now yahoo boys are trying to steal from me.Some tried wire stuff on me over the weekend. Dem no know say I be naija like them.

When this yahoo thing started back in the early 2000, I was almost lured into it to due to the fact that it was easy money not because I was poor. In addition, my 3 cousins doing yahoo are all from middle class family background. 2 are now in South Africa (both previously lived in Malaysia) and one shuttles between dubai and malaysia. These guys never suffered, they all dropped out of uni in the early 2000 to pursue yahoo on a fulltime scale when they realised how easy it was to make millions by using deceptions. These guys are extremely rich, richer than SANs in the family, yet they won't stop. At the end of the day, they know yahoo is criminal but they do it anyway cos of greed and the quest to maintain their expensive lifestyle. Thats where I am trying to drive at. Alot of poor people In Nigeria don't even know how to turn on a computer not to mention join 4 words to form a sentence, so yahoo is beyond them.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Slymonster(m): 8:19pm On May 21, 2019
fafambo:
forget that level Baba, this arrest is like a pyramid, once ur caught EFCC will deceive u on cooperating with them via SNITCH, so that they will help u reduce your jail term.

You sabi them..most of this ones caught will still snitch on others.The cycle continues. The corrupt efcc do what they like as usual.

Pick you up without warrant,take you to their office and open from phone and laptop from adam and eve for days till they see something or not.Quite ridiculous.With time,it will turn on them just like sars.

They have been bored since and this is quite easy for them.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Lilshaddy(m): 8:21pm On May 21, 2019
Omoluabi16:
HAIL HYDRA.
Lolzzz Agent of Shield
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by uselesscountry: 8:28pm On May 21, 2019
salford:

Lies. Their goverment tackles it. infact they know how bad fraudulent activities can be that they immediately squash it with a sledge hammer to prevent it from spreading, since the foundation of their society is based on being honest. The Nigerian judiciary is even soft on yahoo boys. Please read up on how long the sentence of yahoo boys are in the US when caught.

That’s why I said that efcc and you are fooling yourselves. Do you how much will be stolen before they can arrest you in those country. How are they hard on it. Their government tackles it by arresting innocent citizens?
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by uselesscountry: 8:40pm On May 21, 2019
sharpwriter:

Lol... what people dont know is that, the spirit behind being a yahoo guy is the spirit of flamboyancy or extravagance. It can only be overcome by a few. That spirit will make sure you reveal the extravagance, even on your skin. For example, one of the guys who graduated with us was seen by my bro somewhere. My bro told me that one look at his face, and he knew he is into yahoo cheesy cheesy and he never get car that tym o ... hair was more stylish and face was lighter; he just knew he has become different, and his assertion was very right. cheesy

When there is money. U look different. Suffer wan finish una for Nigeria. Tell your government to focus on providing job and food security. Yahoo can never stop.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by AMI3(m): 8:50pm On May 21, 2019
Irete26:
I'm just surprise sometimes and hope this people ain't arrested just for been youth, an instance is zlatan, he wasn't guilty but still his picture went round the internet like he is a fraudster...you need to see how this SARS harass you when they see you are a youth and drive a car, immediately they tag you an internet fraudster and milk the little you have saved off your legal hustle....pray and hope we get over this someday...scared each time I drive even when I'm clean and got nothing incriminating on me, with all of my vehicle documents complete what they told me the other day was that my car is a suspected stolen vehicle and I was like WTF...las las I pay ooo

I said this before that most hard working young men will be tagged as a fraudster. This is going to trend. Honestly young hard working people are doom.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by salford: 8:56pm On May 21, 2019
uselesscountry:

That’s why I said that efcc and you are fooling yourselves. Do you how much will be stolen before they can arrest you in those country. How are they hard on it. Their government tackles it by arresting innocent citizens?
No. In those countries. If you steal 1cent, you will be arrested and given a lenthy sentence. Because they haven't been caught doesn't mean there is no law or enforcement.

oh. And I don't care about who is fooling or not.. I do not hold a Nigerian passport anymore. i vowed to severe ties with Nigeria after the embarrasment i was subjected to at CDG in paris all for carrying that useless Nigerian passport that had been tainted with scam/drug. i was tagged a scammer/drug carrier. I vowed to take up citizenship in a first world country after that incident, and I got it. I careless if the Nigeria burns down on itself. But I will always condemn what is wrong.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by forexprophet(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2019
Some of this guys might just be forex traders or other legitimate online businesses. The fact that you use laptops does not mean you are a yahoo boy. Police can be evil most times...

Nollyzonenews:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal office, has arrested eight suspected fraudsters for an alleged involvement in internet crime.

The suspects are: Adesanmi Abiodun, Olasupo Emmanuel, Segun Amudah, Aina Oladipo and Babatunde Olawuyi.

Others are: Oluwaseyi Emmanuel Fagbemiro, Felix Onyebuchi and Abdulazeez Ismaila.

The suspects were arrested on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 in the Forthright Estate, Magboro area of Lagos State. Their arrest followed intelligence report received by the Commission.

Items recovered from the suspects include exotic cars, phones and laptops.

The suspects will soon be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/05/21/again-efcc-arrests-eight-internet-fraudsters-in-lagos/
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by uselesscountry: 9:10pm On May 21, 2019
salford:

No. In those countries. If you steal 1cent, you will be arrested and given a lenthy sentence. Because they haven't been caught doesn't mean there is no law or enforcement.

oh. And I don't care about who is fooling or not.. I do not hold a Nigerian passport anymore. i vowed to severe ties with Nigeria after the embarrasment i was subjected to at CDG in paris all for carrying that useless Nigerian passport that had been tainted with scam/drug. i was tagged a scammer/drug carrier. I vowed to take up citizenship in a first world country after that incident, and I got it. I careless if the Nigeria burns down on itself. But I will always condemn what is wrong.

So you understand why it’s not good to make so much noise on the media. If you say Nigerian youths are fraudsters. Foreigners careless and I tell you. It won’t stop anything.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by salford: 9:17pm On May 21, 2019
forexprophet:
Some of this guys might just be forex traders or other legitimate online businesses. The fact that you use laptops does not mean you are a yahoo boy. Police can be evil most times...

eya..sorry o. The same problem is encountered outside the country often times when you travel on a Nigerian passport. Everyone looks at you with suspicion and they will be quick to put you aside for enhanced checks and scrutiny.
I wonder how the ecommerce business is like In Nigeria i.e the amazons and ebays. Can someone easily login to a paypal account in Nigeria without being flagged?
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by otipoju(m): 9:51pm On May 21, 2019
uselesscountry:

I pray this kind of thing happen to you then you will condemn it. You don’t know there are fraudsters in other country because their government have better issues to tackle. Like unemployment and food security. Serious governments. Not the maggots we have now. Efcc with cheap publicity. Check to see what FBI are doing. They don’t just carry anybody on the street and tag them fraud. Efcc are loud for nothing.

If you dont want your white cloth to be stained, you will not walk beside the gutter.

No country deserves to be stigmatized as fraudstars because of the activities of a few people.

You may never know the serious damage these criminals cause for legitimate businesses and individuals who live abroad until you experience it yourself.

You cannot be glorifying crime, its not done anywhere.

Even the corrupt politicians will never admit that they stole any thing and will hire the best lawyers to go to court to prove their innocence

Yahoo boys are celebrating and justifying crime...thats real foolishness and thier wings need to be clipped.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by raphy(m): 10:00pm On May 21, 2019
that guy with number 25 be like see wetin u don course .he then remember to be humble
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Budline1(m): 10:06pm On May 21, 2019
OmoManU:
If the intentions behind all these arrests is good and the arrests are genuine, it won't take long before yahoo yahoo will be a thing of past or least very coded in Nigeria

It used to be coded until stupid boys caused all this by misbehaving, wasting money and showing off unnecessarily. You'll warn them but they won't listen instead they'll see you as enemy or hater. I always knew these days are coming, now they are suffering the consequences of their actions.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by bigcasava1(m): 10:22pm On May 21, 2019
Yoruba making the crime headlines again. Ah! This Afonjas are they curse
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by bellotaofeek: 10:42pm On May 21, 2019
How I wish Bubu can tackle Fulani herdsmen/kidnapers like this too shocked
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Budline1(m): 10:45pm On May 21, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
Why is that most yahoo boys always think about buying cars before buying land assets and houses? Dem use poverty-mentality swear for dem?

I never thought buying a car until I saved up to 32 million, many people never knew my real worth, in fact only my mum knew I had that kind of money and she was the one who forced me to buy a car which I never really drove until I put on it uber.

I live on the street where I have my business, I stroll to work, so where is the economic sense in driving a big car that only swallows fuel money everyday and maintainance costs when it is either working or parked?

Car is a necessity. Makes life a lot easier. A nice cheap car is okay, not an expensive one.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:49pm On May 21, 2019
The war on Yahoo boys is real oh
And they think this format will stop crime in Nigeria?
When dey will start seeing dead bodies over the street that when dey will know Yahoo really reduces arm robbery

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by sacx: 10:49pm On May 21, 2019
EFCC may run out of steam in the long run. When pur prisons start getting congested, I'm sure they would retract. If all their efforts have not stopped the massive looting among government officials, I don't think this campaign can be sustained in this way. We need the federal government to brainstorm and come up with suitable policies that will curb this menace from the society. EFCC is only teaching the boys to be smarter in covering up their tracks.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by Budline1(m): 10:52pm On May 21, 2019
sharpwriter:

Lol... what people dont know is that, the spirit behind being a yahoo guy is the spirit of flamboyancy or extravagance. It can only be overcome by a few. That spirit will make sure you reveal the extravagance, even on your skin. For example, one of the guys who graduated with us was seen by my bro somewhere. My bro told me that one look at his face, and he knew he is into yahoo cheesy cheesy and he never get car that tym o ... hair was more stylish and face was lighter; he just knew he has become different, and his assertion was very right. cheesy

Those are just signs of good living. He could truly be a yahoo guy because he'll live better than the regular guy with no money.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by clovislouis(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
I JUST NEED TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY undecided undecided
no other country entertains oloshos other than Nigeria. So pls what would u do?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by chinedumoooo: 2:08am On May 22, 2019
A day of consequences of any wrong/evil done either secretly or openly must be reviewed some day.
No hiding zone for the evil ones.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by jolomiurenyi(m): 3:55am On May 22, 2019
LuciferQuran:

grin grin Yes
These NCAN brand ambassadors will continue to promote our corporate objectives behind bars.

This is a bold statement to those who doubt our wide coverage.

Long live NCAN!
Long live tribalism!!

Crazy fellow..lol
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) by biztip: 5:50am On May 22, 2019
even d police parading them are worse than them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi Pastor: We Raped The Prostitute, Killed & Had Sex With Her Corpse / 'You Fit Do Ritual?' – 15-Year-Old Sakawa Boy Says As He Shows Off Cash / Lagos State Polytechnic Student Commits Suicide By Drinking "Sniper" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.