Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965270 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
DonnyE:

True, but my love for it is just too much as well as the security of the car which is hard to find in Toyota.i don't mind buying either the c180 or c300 W203, price range please for toks and registered, thanks.

There's a C180K W203. C300 is W204.
What's your budget?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2018
DonnyE:

Oohk what about that of c180/c200 2002 model? Thanks

I have no idea about pricing but will sure be more expensive than the w202.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
nwanneni:
Good evening house.
So my c230k 05 is having AC issues.
Bought a new condenser,compressor(automatic),flushed the system and filled gas.
The thing cooled like factory spec for like an hour then it started reducing till it went kaput.
Turned out there was a leakage.we traced it to one point in the hose and we welded it.
Refilled the system with gas again,it cooled for like 20 mins and stopped. shocked this time no leakage.gas is still in the system.
Today went back to the guy,he said it's the valve.he cleaned it,flushed the system again,refilled gas,it started cooling again.
I was happy,paid him.as i entered the highway and sped up,baam,stopped cooling again.
Blowing hot air.touched the metal pipe in the engine,it's warm.
The ac guy keep saying i should convert it to manual compressor bla bla bla(kazeem talk).but i don't want to do that.
Besides i don't think the compressor is bad mechanically.
Please guys,help me out here for i am outta options.
Cc gazzuzz,obekediamondfuto,mammanbawa,weyreypey
Heavenlybang,mosbus,nurey,kingreign,mayor2013 and co
Help please

i had such problem with my car then. did all same thing you did and it will work for some time and kaput. tried like two AC tech and same thing continue. i spent close to 200k with no result.

i gave up only for a friend of mine to introduce me to a tech that changed the condenser unit and also fixed a leak in a pipe behind the dashboard that supply the blower unit i think - he dismantled the entire dashboard to get to one fan like that behind the dashboard - av forgotten - the thing is, after the works the AC worked like new till i sold the car.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by DonnyE(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

There's a C180K W203. C300 is W204.
What's your budget?
What's your asking price for the c180?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by McPerry(f): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2018
A 37 seater Mercedes-Benz(809) for sale. It's a relatively fairly used bus. It's up and running. It could ply any routes depending at the owner's discretion.
Please call or WhatsApp 0805 290 9805‬ if interested.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 10:15am On Dec 28, 2018
Wow. I randomly read some pages on this thread and I'm greatly impressed, you guys have put in a lot of effort! Greetings, you guys are wonderful.

Just bought a used c180 esprit manual drive on boxing day, I previously used a honda baby boy manual drive (I'm a fan of manual trans)

I want to experience the Benz feel too. I've serviced it already, but with visco 2000 50w! I feel bad already, the seller kept hammering I use visco 2000 ooo. Also, the blower/fan is not working on the dashboard, the AC is not working too (not inspected yet though). I had a rewire inspect the blower and he said the fan is bad.

I've learnt a lot from going tru pages on this thread, however, I'm a newbie and can just go about tampering with parts yet. I still need to use the mechos and rewires but supervise them based on info I get here.

Also, its been difficult getting the car into my compound. There's dry redsand in front of our gate and the back tires keep screeching, rolling fast and blowing dust when I try to drive in, and the tyres keep digging on the spot.

The honda Babyboy easily drove in over the sand without any issue. Is the Benz underpowered or what? Or is it because it's a "back axle?" Please I really need help on this!!! People had to push the car before I could climb and drive in for two days now.

PLEASE I NEED INPUTS from guys here.

Please!!!

Thank you.

I need all necessary advice before going to see the rewire/mecho today.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2018
DonnyE:

What's your asking price for the c180?

Never said I sell cars.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2018
ehizario2012:
Wow. I randomly read some pages on this thread and I'm greatly impressed, you guys have put in a lot of effort! Greetings, you guys are wonderful.

Just bought a used c180 esprit manual drive on boxing day, I previously used a honda baby boy manual drive (I'm a fan of manual trans)

I want to experience the Benz feel too. I've serviced it already, but with visco 2000 50w! I feel bad already, the seller kept hammering I use visco 2000 ooo. Also, the blower/fan is not working on the dashboard, the AC is not working too (not inspected yet though). I had a rewire inspect the blower and he said the fan is bad.

I've learnt a lot from going tru pages on this thread, however, I'm a newbie and can just go about tampering with parts yet. I still need to use the mechos and rewires but supervise them based on info I get here.

Also, its been difficult getting the car into my compound. There's dry redsand in front of our gate and the back tires keep screeching, rolling fast and blowing dust when I try to drive in, and the tyres keep digging on the spot.

The honda Babyboy easily drove in over the sand without any issue. Is the Benz underpowered or what? Or is it because it's a "back axle?" Please I really need help on this!!! People had to push the car before I could climb and drive in for two days now.

PLEASE I NEED INPUTS from guys here.

Please!!!

Thank you.

I need all necessary advice before going to see the rewire/mecho today.

I personally would never buy a Benz that has been serviced with 20W50.

About the sand issue, your car is a RWD model. Power goes to the rear wheels, unlike your Honda that is FWD. When going over the sand, don't brake, you need continuous torque to your wheels. Also, don't try and floor it, you'll lose traction and spin your wheels, digging in more.

Or just use reverse and enter, problem solved. grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

About the sand issue, your car is a RWD model. Power goes to the rear wheels, unlike your Honda that is FWD. When going over the sand, don't brake, you need continuous torque to your wheels. Also, don't try and floor it, you'll lose traction and spin your wheels, digging in more.

Great idea @reverse! Hahahaha...

But wait o, do I need to drain the oil and replace immediately?? I tire o
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Na only ghost dey enter with back for Nigerian movies...

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2018
ehizario2012:

Use Total quartz 9000 it is easily accessible
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:48am On Dec 28, 2018
ehizario2012:

That's the M271, I believe. Hmm. Have a professional check if your engine has any sludge issues. If it doesn't, switch to a lighter oil. If it does, continue using the 20W50, since a switch may kill your engine completely.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 11:07am On Dec 28, 2018
Also, there's this beeping sound I get when I start accelerating. It's like the sound when driving without using seat belt but still continues even when strapped in belts both sides...d sound doesn't come on when idling, even if a press the throttle...only when moving.

Any ideas please?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by CityNGR: 11:29am On Dec 28, 2018
ehizario2012:
Also, there's this beeping sound I get when I start accelerating. It's like the sound when driving without using seat belt but still continues even when strapped in belts both sides...d sound doesn't come on when idling, even if a press the throttle...only when moving.

Any ideas please?
Post a video
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

That's the M271, I believe. Hmm. Have a professional check if your engine has any sludge issues. If it doesn't, switch to a lighter oil. If it does, continue using the 20W50, since a switch may kill your engine completely.

Thank you. I'll get it looked at.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ehizario2012: 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2018
CityNGR:
Na only ghost dey enter with back for Nigerian movies...
Willywilly n bros
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2018
Lemme make a Toyota mention here grin grin grin
I wanted driving something different for a change and decided to look the way of the 3pointed star, I love big sedans and so was looking at the E350 for starters. Always love the looks of the 2006 E350 (already bargaining for one), I found out that the car has the same hp as the Toyota avalon 2006 and then a poorer mpg lipsrsealed. Driving range on the avalon is way better than the E350 and the worst of all, poor reviews on the E350. Something always seems to break, and the tranny unreliable. Can any of you guys help with a tie breaker with these two cars?Mostly from anyone who has driven both cars? Please don't come yapping about the prestige or name..... Just honest opinion. grin

PS: I'm not here to uplift or downgrade any brand.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Sircreeden(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
Please house I'm about to buy a Nigeria used Benz E320 2005 v6 engine....

Is this car OK also for fuel efficient and spare parts
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
banky3w:
Lemme make a Toyota input here grin grin grin
I wanted driving something different for a change and decided to look the way of the 3pointed star, I love big sedans and so was looking at the E350 for starters. Always love the looks of the 2006 E350 (already bargaining for one), I found out that the car has the same hp as the Toyota avalon 2006 and then a poorer mpg lipsrsealed. Driving range on the avalon is way better than the E350 and the worst of all, poor reviews on the E350. Something always seems to break, and the tranny unreliable. Can any of you guys help with a tie breaker with these two cars?Mostly from anyone who has driven both cars? Please don't come yapping about the prestige or name..... Just honest opinion. grin

I'm not here to uplift or downgrade any brand.

Hmm. Understand something, the Avalon will be cheaper to own. But Mercedes unreliability online is extremely exaggerated. That said, I wouldn't buy any 2006 Merc at all. New engine with a defect that wasn't fixed until late 2007, and the tranny was still new and yet to be perfected.

Why not look for a late 2007 E350? It will be more expensive, since it's the facelift year, I believe, but it will be worth it. Also, SBC was dropped in 2007.

Also, tbh, the Avalon may have same HP as the E350 but there's not a single situation in which it will beat the E Class performance wise.

The E350 is also two tiers above the Avalon in terms of its interior and technology.

Sircreeden:
Please house I'm about to buy a Nigeria used Benz E320 2005 v6 engine....

Is this car OK also for fuel efficient and spare parts

Engine is bullet proof, tranny is bullet proof. The SBC brakes are an issue, though. Ridiculously expensive to fix.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by banky3w(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Hmm. Understand something, the Avalon will be cheaper to own. But Mercedes unreliability online is extremely exaggerated. That said, I wouldn't buy any 2006 Merc at all. New engine with a defect that wasn't fixed until late 2007, and the tranny was still new and yet to be perfected.

Why not look for a late 2007 E350? It will be more expensive, since it's the facelift year, I believe, but it will be worth it. Also, SBC was dropped in 2007.

Also, tbh, the Avalon may have same HP as the E350 but there's not a single situation in which it will beat the E Class performance wise.

The E350 is also two tiers above the Avalon in terms of its interior and technology.
Are you very sure of this? They share the same hp and the E350 is heavier. With that singular difference, I think your statement is not correct. I have heard Nurey or kingreign buttress on that but just can't remember where.

On the E350 being two tiers above the avalon on interior and tech, where's the ventilated seats, and the extra speakers on the interior? The dynamic radar cruise control on the tech?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
banky3w:

Are you very sure of this? They share the same hp and the E350 is heavier. With that singular difference, I think your statement is not correct. I have heard Nurey or kingreign buttress on that but just can't remember where.

On the E350 being two tiers above the avalon on interior and tech, where's the ventilated seats, and the extra speakers on the interior? The dynamic radar cruise control on the tech?

Don't be deceived, the Benz will flat out destroy the Avalon on the highway. There's more that goes into performance than just HP numbers. For example, both cars have the same HP but the Merc has 10 more ft-lbs of torque, but avaliable at 2,400 rpm while you have to go up to 4700 rpm to get peak torque on the Avalon.

Plus the Merc has a sportier suspension, better throttle response, etc. I repeat, don't let HP numbers fool you. You absolutely are not catching up to an E350 in an Avalon. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

On both cars top trims, it's no match, really. JBL is no match for Harman Kardon. The Merc has adaptive cruise control too. Ventilated seats are a mixed bag, quite a rare feature on most cars.

By tech, I'm referring to the on-board computer and sensors/functionalities. The Avalon is no match. C'mon, man, are you actually comparing a Toyota to a E Class in terms of tech sophistication?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Don't be deceived, the Benz will flat out destroy the Avalon on the highway. There's more that goes into performance than just HP numbers. For example, both cars have the same HP but the Merc has 10 more ft-lbs of torque, but avaliable at 2,400 rpm while you have to go up to 4700 rpm to get peak torque on the Avalon.

Plus the Merc has a sportier suspension, better throttle response, etc. I repeat, don't let HP numbers fool you. You absolutely are not catching up to an E350 in an Avalon. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

On both cars top trims, it's no match, really. JBL is no match for Harman Kardon. The Merc has adaptive cruise control too. Ventilated seats are a mixed bag, quite a rare feature on most cars.

By tech, I'm referring to the on-board computer and sensors/functionalities. The Avalon is no match. C'mon, man, are you actually comparing a Toyota to a E Class in terms of tech sophistication?
You mixed alot of things. having driven and worked on both cars at various multiple times, the Avalon is faster off the line than the E350 so is the ES. Very sharp throttle response, in factsharper than an E350's. It's from 80km/h the Benz may start coming up. The best of an E klasse is in the V8 and AMGs. The 6 cylinders are just like every other cars.

Audio unit wise, we know the Benz has the Harman kardon 7logic. But the ES and Avalon are tuned to give natural sounds without much over bass or over trebble. Just a balanced natural sound.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

You just analysed and gave a technical knock out. Nothing more to add or subtract. Those that have eyes let them read and if communication is being relayed verbally then the ears should be used for hearing as you have clearly buttressed your points which is key.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
kingreign:

You mixed alot of things. having driven and worked on both cars at various multiple times, the Avalon is faster off the line than the E350 so is the ES. Very sharp throttle response, in factsharper than an E350's. It's from 80km/h the Benz may start coming up. The best of an E klasse is in the V8 and AMGs. The 6 cylinders are just like every other cars.

Audio unit wise, we know the Benz has the Harman kardon 7logic. But the ES and Avalon are tuned to give natural sounds without much over bass or over trebble. Just a balanced natural sound.

Avalon 0-60: 5.99s
E350 0-60: 6.44s

Hmmm, you're right. angry
I may have been short-selling the 2GR there, although I think the blame likely lies on the 7G-tronic for that.

Anyway, the fact remains that on the highway the Benz will still outperform the Toyota. It just be like that.

The point about audio is true, but HK sounds a lot better for banging tracks, and I'd take it over JBL anytime anyday. I'd prefer ML on a long trip, though.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Philadelphia: 6:57am On Dec 29, 2018
sacramento1212:

If w202, then it should be 1999/2000. From 2001 starts the w203.

A sound toks should be between #1.2 to #1.5 depending on neatness. I won't advice a Nigerian used one except you are very sure of the mechanical and electrical condition of the said vehicle.

W202 was also made in 2001 but limited to the Station Wagon
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sacramento1212: 7:04am On Dec 29, 2018
Philadelphia:

W202 was also made in 2001 but limited to the Station Wagon

Ok, wasn't aware of this.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
....to all the MB gurus on this platform...could any advice if it is economically viable to use either the B-class or GLC in Nigeria...what i have noticed is that both models are not common on Nigerian roads...thinking of importing either model from Euroland...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
....to all the MB gurus on this platform...could any advice if it is economically viable to use either the B-class or GLC in Nigeria...what i have noticed is that both models are not common on Nigerian roads...thinking of importing either model from Euroland...
Are you based in Lagos or Edo State? You can use anything as long as a qualified tech is around your location
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
TheShopKeeper:

I'm pretty sure the GLC is just a lifted C Class.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:01am On Dec 30, 2018
weyreypey:

Are you based in Lagos or Edo State? You can use anything as long as a qualified tech is around your location

...will be based in Ibadan, Oyo state...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:02am On Dec 30, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I'm pretty sure the GLC is just a lifted C Class.

...yes, the GLC is a lifted C-class on high heels...
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by weyreypey: 2:16am On Dec 30, 2018
TheShopKeeper:

...will be based in Ibadan, Oyo state...
Nothing to worry about. Ibadan peeps are capable

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.